• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus(not ZS) has an infinite in ROB.....

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Hahahaha....
I got nothing against you ROB's.... except for your DSmash and camp game.

Anyways, it works by touching the ground to cancel your jump.
This footstool combo leads directly into a jab lock BTW. It can also be finished by Charge Beam.
In other words it makes Xyro a very happy man,

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Another reason why I'm not affected by this. I'm too much of an aerial ROB player to get infinited by Samus, ZSS, or CF.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah, im not worried about this at all because nobody will actually take the time to learn how to do it.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Caring about Footstools is kind dumb IMO. I mean, someone caring about performing one Foostool Combo during a serious match, but they're nice =)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Makes me sad, but I guess in australia no one really uses samus so =). Yeah as others stated aswell, i dont think people would really bother putting them time and effort to learn this anyways. I just hope no more ghey infinites are discovered D;

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
yeah, im not worried about this at all because nobody will actually take the time to learn how to do it.
Video description says they're still testing on other characters. As long as this is a result of ROBs bizarre footstool animation, then this should only work on ROB, and then nobody will learn it. But if it works on more characters, I would expect good Samus players to learn this.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i am not worried about this i feel it wont really affect tourney play or the MU plus of often do u find a samus in a tournament?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Makes me sad, but I guess in australia no one really uses samus so =). Yeah as others stated aswell, i dont think people would really bother putting them time and effort to learn this anyways. I just hope no more ghey infinites are discovered D;
Even if new infinites are discovered most of them will end up w/ 2 results.....either good or pointless.
:p

T0MMY

Smash Master
How is this an infinite? It doesn't loop infinitely. The best someone said was it leads to Jab lock to charged shot. That ends; not an infinite.

As much as this might suck to have happen to you, it's most likely never going to happen to you in your entire life of playing Brawl for 100+ years.
Saying pulling this off in an actual match is *possible* would just have me saying SDI'ing the F-air when it happens is *possible* to negate it.

You know what is far more likely to happen? R.O.B. pwning Samus, and if needed, counterpicking with King Dedede for a CP, lol.

TheMike

Smash Lord
TOMMY, Samus can make the loop after the Jab Lock IIRC. Just sayin', but it will never happen. lol

T0MMY

Smash Master
That wasn't shown in the video and I didn't see mention of it.

R.O.B. can do the Gyro Glide-toss dwn > D-Tilt lock ending with F-Smash for real eye-candy... but is it going to happen? Most likely not.

As much as this is going to give the Samus players hope in the R.O.B. matchup, this isn't going to change the meta game... so (shrug).

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yea this tech can be reset till KO time. it helps us win and all but whats one match-up when you have 50 other you cant win, ya know?

swordgard

Smash Hero
SDI F-Air up to get away and then initiate airdodge? Or SDI to side to get too far? Or SDI the jab away so the fair is too far?

Not infinite unless you tried all of these, and it is a true infinite. ZSS is an infinite because SDI=impossible on D-Smash.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
C_Beef if you think like that you're a true **** lol

You post things for the advancement of the metagame. The more knowledge floating around, the better.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What I don't understand is why would he announce something like this? What's the point? He's only making it worse by letting others know about it, when he can just surprise it on R.O.B.'s when he plays one.
because it's a footstool combo and therefore making it rather situational.

saviorslegacy

#1 I found this a while before Xyro and I done my research on it.
It is an infinite because you can go back and forth and Fair is set I believe.

#2 I would assume that this could be SDI'd. However Sword, you would want to SDI straight down.
Doing so would result in a grounded footstool. Have fun SDIing into the ground with the Uair version because you go a little higher up.

#3 ROB's footstool is gay because he has a larger footstool hurt box and you can rock side to side harder allowing ground canceling. Also, the average height gained is less than normal.

#4 I didn't add anything else to the vid because I just made it to Skype it to Xyro.
I really didn't see much need to do so. I wasn't planning on that being the official release, but owell.

#5 This is why I don't release my Sheik stuff anymore. I want it for myself.
If it is situational then I should keep it to myself so I get the situation more.

#6 Please stop hating on this.
I understand why ROB mains don't like this. I feel the same way towards Pika's buffered D-Throw.
I do what I gotta do to avoid it and you all will do the same. If you can't avoid it then Sa-.... Xyro wins.

ps If this sounded offensive to either Xyro or anyone else I apologize because it was nnot meant in that matter. All of y'all are cool people in my book.
-peace

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Well.....this footstool combo is a little broken.
hahah...I don't mind it though.
+ I don't think any good or at least decent ROB will be affected by this. :)
Good point, didn't think about it like that also at a tourney I think a samus player would have better things to worry about than looking cool by trying to pull this of... >.>
Caring about Footstools is kind dumb IMO. I mean, someone caring about performing one Foostool Combo during a serious match, but they're nice =)
Yea....your right bout caring bout them + Footstool combos are just EXTRA a lot like wall sicking w/ snake.
and... yes they are "nice". :)
Good info saviorslegacy, but just read the quotes above.

saviorslegacy

#1 maybe

#2 irrelevant

#3 cool... but effective
irrelevant

#4 I agree and disagree at the same time.
IMO they might catch on in about 2 years unless no other big breaks show up.
People will get bored of the game and spend a lot of time learning the hit and hurt box of the footstools.
Then chase their DI to footstool.
I still think that footstool combo's are incredibly hard.

#5 Pretty much

Final point.... only time can tell. Any guess's are just simply that.

Top Bottom