• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
lol, you are delusional if you think this is a joke topic seriously im the one who ****ing made the video first off and i know its no ****ing joke.
So you're swarm2004 on youtube, then? Even if you are, I don't believe that this is serious. The video is so obviously rigged, and doesn't even show any of the things that would be plausable as a counter. Instead, it shows characters randomly getting hit by dash attacks, not even trying to defend themselves.

when you have hugs, the best samus in the WORLD come in and testify its greatness, you know we're not ****ing around here this is smash this is smashboards and its ****ing business.
And it's unheard of for a pro to get in on a joke? Especially one that was in this video?

next you are a scrub
So kind of you. I might not be that great, but I'm at least decent. I go to tournies, so it's not like I have no idea of what the real game is like.

Z-N_Freak said:
*cough* you *cough* dash right through *cough* it *cough*
Too bad that doesn't work. Yeah, good luck trying to get hit on the invincibility frame every time you dash attack.

Gimpyfish62 said:
awwwwwwwww snap

*beats j00 with t3h boozr.*
I said I was kidding >_>

I don't actually believe I could 4stk any one of the people mentioned in that post.

Cort

Apple Head
Hugo's personality is pretty interesting. I hope he knows I don't mean anything I say on these boards 99% of the time.

Why isn't Samus top tier yet?

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
no, im barbecue university, i captured the training part and took clips OF REAL MATCHES AGAINST PROS and made the video with crashman (aka swarm2004, read the credits you noob) approval.

And it's unheard of for a pro to get in on a joke? Especially one that was in this video?
does m2k look like hes joking............ever? thats what i thought

So kind of you. I might not be that great, but I'm at least decent. I go to tournies, so it's not like I have no idea of what the real game is like.
no, im not a noob lol. if you think wmof is bad then ur a noob

Too bad that doesn't work. Yeah, good luck trying to get hit on the invincibility frame every time you dash attack.
its called tech skill. learn to be from ****ing ny jesus

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
So wait, I don't get how to do this, is there a trick to get your hands to move that fast, like sliding them along the buttons or something?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
no, im barbecue university, i captured the training part and took clips OF REAL MATCHES AGAINST PROS and made the video with crashman (aka swarm2004, read the credits you noob) approval.
The credits... right...
"Swarm2004: Windmiller
Swarm's Ghost: Alternate Energy Afficionado"
Yep. That tells me that crash is swarm2004 is alright. It makes sense, this being crash's thread and all, but really... who actually watches the credits?

no, im not a noob lol. if you think wmof is bad then ur a noob
Where did I say you were a noob? I'm curious.

I don't play samus, so that may be part of the reason I don't think this tech is fabulous and all that, but I find it hard to believe it is. The fact that the "counter" segment of the video is clearly done with a wavebird, and that there is no proof that it is the only counter (does the video show falco shl'ing at samus as she WMoFs? does the video show attempts at sheildgrabbing? does the video even show sheilding [which shouldn't be that that difficult, considering this is samus's dash attack after all]? does the video show somone trying to outrange samus? does the video show someone attacking from above? does the video show ANYTHING?). The Yoshi's Story clip looked particulary unreal (and by unreal, I mean I don't believe it's a real match). The pink samus runs to the green samus across the whole stage, then they run back again, without anyone doing anything, then the green samus dash attacks. The attacks prior to that... I don't see why the pink samus couldn't have sheilded or otherwise avoided them. On many occasions I notice the pink samus runs right into the attack. Why wouldn't the pink samus retaliate at all in this time? I wanna see the match this clip came from. The other clips... I believe it that a samus can get two dash attacks in a row in, apparently three when your opponent dashes at you after the second. I also like the way these clips only show moments where the opponent messes up multiple times in a row, especially the missed spot dodges.

its called tech skill. learn to be from ****ing ny jesus
A lot of attacks in this game hit on multiple frames. I don't see how one invicibility frame is enough.

I apologize if this is real, but I just don't see it happening.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah...i agree this pwns, but...

!. ROLLING PAST THEM
2. Falco camping and SHL
3. jiggz pound, not sure if it out prioritizes.
4. Yoshi, light shield slide
5. camping rapid laser Fox
6. cape/super sheet
7. DK vB spam
8. thunderflipping
9. mewtwo teleport mindgames
10. a camper/coward
11. unplugging the controller

feel free to correct me.

EDIT: i watched the credits of PuffStuff. and the PKT tutorials. they have actual clips in them.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
yeah...i agree this pwns, but...

!. ROLLING PAST THEM
2. Falco camping and SHL
3. jiggz pound, not sure if it out prioritizes.
4. Yoshi, light shield slide
5. camping rapid laser Fox
6. cape/super sheet
7. DK vB spam
8. thunderflipping
9. mewtwo teleport mindgames
10. a camper/coward
11. unplugging the controller

feel free to correct me.
1. too laggy, samus will recoevr from her dash attack ready to dash attack again
2. go through lasers with the invul frame
3. not sure on this one, but dash attack probably goes through it lol
4. wtf so what?
5. dash attack through some of the lasers and just own him when you get to him
6. you dash attack the other way and the cape turns you into him
7. dash attack will own it and its laggy
8. what? >_>
9. that doesnt work

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok then. thunder flipping i backwards SH thunder for pika and pichu. reduces lag.

light shielding with yoshi, then you lside away. rinse and repeat.

btw, thanks, Vall3y.

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
ok then. thunder flipping i backwards SH thunder for pika and pichu. reduces lag.

light shielding with yoshi, then you lside away. rinse and repeat.

btw, thanks, Vall3y.
sh thunder is too laggy and samus lunges too far, she'll avoid it altogether

light shielding with yoshi only stalls the inevitable, you cant avoid it

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok then. thanks.

how about fortress? faster, more priority...edge cancelable....

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wtf @ people having a serious discussion about this.

its clearly broken and unbeatable, dont even discuss how to beat it.

and the "wavebird segment" wasn't done with a wavebird.

MINDGAMESSSSSS

Eidolon

Smash Apprentice
Wow Cra$hman good work. Now I can just give up on my advanced techniques and do this Windmill combo.
For all you noobs who think missiles beat this, you have to remember that with this combo, nobody can even pull off a missile attack. That also aplies to Samus's, link's and y-link's grapple, as well as shield grabs. God you noobs who think this is a joke are sooooooo stupid.
Your mom's a n00b.

Oh snap.

EDIT: I know that from personal experience, btw.

Oh snap. Again.

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Wow @ this thread.

Hugo good ****e at NY. I was the guy who walked up to you and said "Well I just got 8stocked" hehe. I got owned at NY but had a **** fun time.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
as for the wavebird controversy, you can see the distance betwwen the samuses change.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So...is it banned in tounaments yet? cause it shouldnt.

ok...if/when you clank attacks during WMoF, what do you do?

going back to the list...
Vall3y said:
2. go through lasers with the invul frame
you cant ALWAYS do that, you'll miss eventually...

Vall3y said:
6. you dash attack the other way and the cape turns you into him
that will only work if Samus is really close to the opponent. if she is, Mario and Doc have mindgames too. You dash attack the other way, you get fsmashed.

tiger sharks0r

Smash Rookie
This is a bit off topic, but i'd like to say that TIger Sharkzor is the ****ing man for having At the Drive in on his sig.
hell yeah. best god **** band ever.

all you guys can't even begin to understand the brokenness of this WMoF so discussing it won't help. the only other way to counter it if you aren't playing a samus ditto is to delete your memory card.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
My bowser sucks, but thanks crashman.

Just so everyone knows this works, just put it to the test against some of centreal florida's best and the only thing that got me in the end was that I didn't use samus for all the matches. You should have seen people's faces.

I vote the name of the move be changed from windmill of fury to "The Unstopable Windmill of Fury" Crashman is the man, and thanks again!

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
i just figured out why some people are complaining about this move not working. it doesn't work in version 1.2 . just like flame cancelling they must have realized how broken it was and taken it out to try to balance the game.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
does this wmof allow you to shield (although you claim you wont have to, but what about a shl?) and wavedash in order to further the mindgames? If so its actually semi-legitmite.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wavedashes ruin the pattern... you dont see him wavedash in the vid do you?

geeze. you saw all the mindgames you needed in the vid anyways.

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
i just figured out why some people are complaining about this move not working. it doesn't work in version 1.2 . just like flame cancelling they must have realized how broken it was and taken it out to try to balance the game.
see!!! i keep telling you 1.2 1.2 1.2 but you always go 1.0 1.0 1.0........now i know why!!!!!!!!

DA 4 lyefi

Spry-jinx

Smash Rookie
this move makes me laugh, not to be mean or anything but... it blows. there is no possible way in hell i would ever use it, unless the person i was against, wasnt at their controller. even then, it would be more effect to upsmash them todeath as samus...

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
this move makes me laugh, not to be mean or anything but... it blows. there is no possible way in hell i would ever use it, unless the person i was against, wasnt at their controller. even then, it would be more effect to upsmash them todeath as samus...
Finishing somone using upsmash with samus this guy made my day xD

supernova63

Smash Journeyman
first off let me gain some respect:
who inspired this "windmill of fury"??? surely not me.
next, how many of you ever thought dash attack MIGHT be one of samus's best moves (before i came along)
thrid, how many of you ever saw a COMBO with multiple dashattacks? (besides my videos)
4th how many people saw through the 20 lag frames into the potential of samus's dash attack?(besides me)
now before i say this i would like to say that crash has my complete respect, as he has hugs's and i just can't NOT say this
the dash attack has its good sides, unlike most other characters samus has good thrust which lasts the duration of her dash attack (lag frames as well)
she can hit strong and kill at about 100%, she can hit weak and combo such as:
dash attk dash attk dash attk (missile/dbl missile/ missile cancel/ CHARGE BLAST <--- the most effective)
dash attk, jab, down (tilt/smash)
missile chase into a dash attack
hugs move into a dash attack (with proper di)
wd back to dash attack
wd back, roll back, dash attack (fwd)
n-air into dash attk
d throw, f smash, dash attk (weak) jab down (tilt/smash)

but when it comes to the "windmill of fury" its a completely diffrent story
it is a NOOB ON NOOB ONLY technique
the dash attack is a move or more of a "technique" because it requires ALOT of skill and practice to time, distance, and combo your dash attacks as to not be affected by the lag. when used so carelessly as in the video the 20 lag frames become a HUGE liability especially when the direction of your dash attack is so easily predicted and planned.
the things in the video called "mindgames" are a far cry from the real thing,
in fact, when i first saw this video i thought it was a joke, a really really big one.

it seems i was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom