• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
first off let me gain some respect:
who inspired this "windmill of fury"??? surely not me.
next, how many of you ever thought dash attack MIGHT be one of samus's best moves (before i came along)
thrid, how many of you ever saw a COMBO with multiple dashattacks? (besides my videos)
4th how many people saw through the 20 lag frames into the potential of samus's dash attack?(besides me)
now before i say this i would like to say that crash has my complete respect, as he has hugs's and i just can't NOT say this
the dash attack has its good sides, unlike most other characters samus has good thrust which lasts the duration of her dash attack (lag frames as well)
she can hit strong and kill at about 100%, she can hit weak and combo such as:
dash attk dash attk dash attk (missile/dbl missile/ missile cancel/ CHARGE BLAST <--- the most effective)
dash attk, jab, down (tilt/smash)
missile chase into a dash attack
hugs move into a dash attack (with proper di)
wd back to dash attack
wd back, roll back, dash attack (fwd)
n-air into dash attk
d throw, f smash, dash attk (weak) jab down (tilt/smash)

but when it comes to the "windmill of fury" its a completely diffrent story
it is a NOOB ON NOOB ONLY technique
the dash attack is a move or more of a "technique" because it requires ALOT of skill and practice to time, distance, and combo your dash attacks as to not be affected by the lag. when used so carelessly as in the video the 20 lag frames become a HUGE liability especially when the direction of your dash attack is so easily predicted and planned.
the things in the video called "mindgames" are a far cry from the real thing,
in fact, when i first saw this video i thought it was a joke, a really really big one.

it seems i was right.
hahaha your sarcasm in this post is amazing. good ****.

Evla

Smash Cadet
Yo that **** is garbage. That move is usless. That can be easily evaded and countered. How you ask? I have done it before it is not hard to dodge!!

Renesor

Smash Ace
I thought crashman was serious about using this wof, but by now im fully aware of the fact that this is one big joke, honestly thought this was a new technique when I first read about it. crashman must have been pretty bored to have started this little joke. Im still quite surprised so many people are responding to this thread.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
IT'S NO JOKE SONS! AND I KNOW BECAUSE DO YOU SEE HOW MANY POSTS I HAVE? LOLLLL OMG CRASHMAN TOP TIER HE BROKE SSBM

*has the same credibility as all the other posters in this thread*

shinehex

Smash Lord
Long Island, New York (If you want to smash contac
I thought crashman was serious about using this wof, but by now im fully aware of the fact that this is one big joke, honestly thought this was a new technique when I first read about it. crashman must have been pretty bored to have started this little joke. Im still quite surprised so many people are responding to this thread.

Hey you never know how effective it is untill some one who mastered it has performed it on you. Take the shine for instance. When we stated playing we thought the only use was to reflect, we never thought that it could spike and be used in such devestating combos...but then again this crap really does look like a BIG joke....

sin360

Smash Rookie
windmill

lol my friends stopped playing with me after i started doing this:laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
is it banned yet?

can a falcon kick stop this? cancel each other out...

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
I only see one way not mentioned out of this combo. Very complex, so pay attention.

1. Throw your controller at the floor.
2. Remove yourself from your chair (If standing, good. Ignore this step and go straight to #3)
3. Get on your knees and beg for mercy.

FTW.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
I only see one way not mentioned out of this combo. Very complex, so pay attention.

1. Throw your controller at the floor.
2. Remove yourself from your chair (If standing, good. Ignore this step and go straight to #3)
3. Get on your knees and beg for mercy.

FTW.
that could totally backfire if the WMoFer doesn't take mercy and isntead decides to backhand you to the floor then spit on you.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol, so true.

so, did anyone answer my "what if you clank" question?

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
lmfao. I used to play like this back when the game first came out! I can't believe it became such a popular technique.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
Umm, I'd like to point out that I used this technique at NCT2. A few players blatantly called it out as I was doing it mid match.

I'm not able to do it consistently, but the times I did I completely dominated.
from the beginning, ive thought the windmill of fury was a joke. but i tried it, and admittedly, it worked really good against my friend .look, can you please tell me if you seriously consider this a GOOD technique? if this is a joke, at least private message me and i wont tell anybody. but as of now, im pretty much convinced that this is not a joke so please just tell me.

shinehex

Smash Lord
Long Island, New York (If you want to smash contac
from the beginning, ive thought the windmill of fury was a joke. but i tried it, and admittedly, it worked really good against my friend .look, can you please tell me if you seriously consider this a GOOD technique? if this is a joke, at least private message me and i wont tell anybody. but as of now, im pretty much convinced that this is not a joke so please just tell me.
Umm, I'd like to point out that I used this technique at NCT2. A few players blatantly called it out as I was doing it mid match.

I'm not able to do it consistently, but the times I did I completely dominated.

The people you guys played were either complete noobs or just horrible at adaptng to change quickly. My friend dave, Pablo on smashboards used this attack on me several times in one match the first few time he hit me with it I admit. But after seeing him just spam it I just got wise to his game, I just waited for him to hit my shield and shield grabbed him...simple as that. This "technique" if it can even be called that is just a joke.

Renesor

Smash Ace
The people you guys played were either complete noobs or just horrible at adaptng to change quickly. My friend dave, Pablo on smashboards used this attack on me several times in one match the first few time he hit me with it I admit. But after seeing him just spam it I just got wise to his game, I just waited for him to hit my shield and shield grabbed him...simple as that. This "technique" if it can even be called that is just a joke.
yah, i agree with whatever the hell he said

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
they took it out cause tehy realized how powerful it was, just like flame cancelling
ill explain the technicals....

in 1.0 you are able to DI hits lower than 1%, in 1.2 you cannot

samus' dash attack is unique amongs the other dash attacks in that when you hit someone, it actually doesnt do its damage instantly. instead, it deals the damage in pieces of damage that are less than 1% so quickly it LOOKS instantly. so in 1.2 you can DI out of this easily.

in 1.0, if you use mindgames as well, it becomes inescapable

Harbinger

Smash Apprentice
Beautiful video, beautiful explanation. I can't wait to apply this to my Samus game and win every tourny I come across.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice

but hex, david isnt good at the windmill of fury. it was his first time ever using it, he was just using it for fun just to see if it waould work, the same way he uses falco for fun even though he sucks with falco. trust me i asked him when we left. and also ive ***** david a few times with the windmill even thogugh im not good at it either.

shinehex=jeff?
charbuner6=*crazy pichu*

Zink

Smash Champion
I propose that breaking the regular WoF rythm for a mindgame should be known as "furycanceling".
Crashman, me and my friend are now pretty good at this, but we wonder if there's any point in furycanceling into a dtilt or something for the KO, if we think we can fit it in? Something with more KO power to finish the cycles at high damage?

Renesor

Smash Ace
it would be SAFER if ya'll jus shut up about this windmill of fury. The only windmills of fury that exist are the ones in kansas and the ones in pokemon stadium.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I just returned from SMYM6.

Honestly, over all I got utterly destroyed. No johns, I just did poorly.
In my last match in the pools, well aware I was unable to get out of pools irrelivent of how I did, I decided to just play around, ya'know? I was planning on just superwavedashing, beamcanceling, etc. Before that I had to try out my WMoF, though - I hadn't used it up till that point because I didn't think I had it down well enough to be useful.

I was quite wrong. While my opponent (a captain falcon) was able to break me out of it three or four times during the match, the rest of the time he couldn't touch me. I admit I still don't have Crashman's or Hugs' techskill or mindgames - if it was a SHLing falco I wouldn't have been able to pull it off. In this case, though, I managed too.

I gotta thank Crashman for bringing this awesome(/broken?) technique to my awareness - kept my poor performance at the tournament from making it a complete loss.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
Plz end this cuz everyone knows its just a joke except for maybe noobs and dont say anything about pros using it cuz i happened to have spoken with one pro in particular and told me this is jsut a joke that got out of hand

we should be posting real and useful info to help other samus players and even though the technique is crap it doesnt mean ur not suppose to dash attack

btw try doing this crappy technique to a pro Jiggs and see what happens to ure noobish windmill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom