• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
OMFG when did all these n00bs get here? me 1000 posts.

DRD, Dark_EDGE, Renesor: almost no posts.

IT WORKS.

you're suffering from:

v1.2
lack of mingames
lack of spacing
lack of a controller.

i'm pretty sure it's the last one.

Renesor

Smash Ace
OMFG when did all these n00bs get here? me 1000 posts.

DRD, Dark_EDGE, Renesor: almost no posts.

IT WORKS.

you're suffering from:

v1.2
lack of mingames
lack of spacing
lack of a controller.

i'm pretty sure it's the last one.
Since when did post count mean a person is a noob....a higher post count either means the person has been on for a longer time, or that person has no life. Show me a video of someone doing it in the middle of a match, not that cheap one that crashman made

DRD

Smash Lord
Wtf? Annoying, you're name describes you, so I'm not going to say it.

If you're telling me that Crash can use Samus and kick Ken's *** with it, then I think sanity's gone down the drain.

Mindgames are not concrete, like priority, height and weight, and range are. Thus meaning that this infinite is not concrete, like Fox's is.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i'm sorry about the post count thing, but there is about a 66% chance i know more about samus (and maybe smash, for that) than you. not saying your a n00b, i'm saying i'm PROBABLY more knoledgable in Smash than you.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
i'm sorry about the post count thing, but there is about a 66% chance i know more about samus (and maybe smash, for that) than you. not saying your a n00b, i'm saying i'm PROBABLY more knoledgable in Smash than you.
annoying is right, you guys have barely any posts and he has tons of them and a really high karma on gfaqs. you better show him some respect.

DRD

Smash Lord
I'll treat him like any other person, thanks. I don't judge someone by how many posts he/she has. Try character, personality, etc.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
first of all,, i said i'm sorry, DRD. just sayin.

so does WMoF work on v1.2 or not?

DRD

Smash Lord
You misunderstand my statement, annoying; I said, in response to Crash, that I wasn't going to judge people on their post count, but I was not implying that you do, and I know you did say sorry. That post wasn't directed at you.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
oops, my bad.

so does this work or not on v1.2?

no comment on Soanevalck's post....dont want to get flamed at....

DRD

Smash Lord
If it's just dash attacking and mindgames, then shouldn't it work on all versions? Or is there some tech that no one has told me about?

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
ill explain the technicals....

in 1.0 you are able to DI hits lower than 1%, in 1.2 you cannot

samus' dash attack is unique amongs the other dash attacks in that when you hit someone, it actually doesnt do its damage instantly. instead, it deals the damage in pieces of damage that are less than 1% so quickly it LOOKS instantly. so in 1.2 you can DI out of this easily.

in 1.0, if you use mindgames as well, it becomes inescapable

this was the official reason it isn't available in 1.2.

ace94d

Smash Rookie
Quite Easy to beat. Have either Y.Link, Link or Samus get out of the Dash Range and as soon as the grab can hit BOOM! GRAB! It only Works with those 3 because of their Unique Grabs which can place them out of range.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
what ace said is what i'm trying to say. spacing is muy importante in WMoF.

ace94d

Smash Rookie
Ace, throws get blocked by the invincibility frame.
Actually, I'm not. I'm going to grab during your *GASP* LAG!

Then combo them before they can Windmill of Fury and BOOM.

Not only that but Link and Y.Link(Not sure about samus), Have a small enough lag that if you Windmill the other way you can't windmill him again in time(A.K.A Before he gets his shield up and grabs you).

:)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
spacing....big.

MUY IMPORTANTE.

DRD is correct there, too. which is why you must space it right, to avoid lag punishing and cape.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
it doesn't seem that hard i did it in about a half hour of practice

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
if you get a MArth fsmash in your face you're not using mindgames.

if you get caped, you're not using mindgames nor/or you're not using mindgames.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
LOL. that's why MLG banned it. because advanced players werent using it.

ace94d

Smash Rookie
^This whole topic is a flame war.

Anywho, Like I said. Link/Y.Link's Grab > Windmill of Fury

Renesor

Smash Ace
if you get a MArth fsmash in your face you're not using mindgames.

if you get caped, you're not using mindgames nor/or you're not using mindgames.
I'll put money on the fact that ANY crappy falco player(like me) would destroy a samus using only the windmill of fury. Just think...how many mindgames can you make using a technique involving a dash? you either hit the opponent after the dash or you dont...and after like 2 lives, the opponent will catch on to ANY mindgames you might be using...trust me. Also, put up video of a samus using only the windmill of fury vs. a marth using only fsmashes, and let me know how many stocks marth wins by.

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
I'll put money on the fact that ANY crappy falco player(like me) would destroy a samus using only the windmill of fury. Just think...how many mindgames can you make using a technique involving a dash? you either hit the opponent after the dash or you dont...and after like 2 lives, the opponent will catch on to ANY mindgames you might be using...trust me. Also, put up video of a samus using only the windmill of fury vs. a marth using only fsmashes, and let me know how many stocks marth wins by.
that is why we call people like you NOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS

DRD

Smash Lord
So, it's not more the fact that it can't get through a fully charged beam shot or a Marth Fsmashed than the fact that it can get past these things if you anticipate the attacks...?

DRD

Smash Lord
You misunderstand me; The fact still remains that if you're not doing a Windmill of Fury, a Samus Dash attack cannot get through a Marth Fsmash...but if you are using Windmill of fury with mindgames, then you can anticipate the attack, dash dance and come back in, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom