• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRD

Smash Lord
Well, nevermind that, I think I'm understanding this; In the beginning, everyone wouldn't answer properly, and made it seem as though a Samus dash attack can go straight through any attack, which surprised me because if that were the case then there was no way that wasn't found out until now.

Renesor

Smash Ace
And what specific characteristics make samus' dash attack different from any other dash attack, why is it "THE MOVE" compared to other dash attacks?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Someone look at the hitframes of various attacks. Most of them last for more than one frame. When you only have one frame of invulnerablility, you can still get hit.

And before ONE MORE PERSON mentions mindgames. If you've got the kind of mindgames to not get hit throughout an entire match using this technique, there are much better applications for your skill than just using dash attacks.

Now, can people just let this joke die? It's stale enough as it is.

Renesor

Smash Ace
But Lg, if your mindgames ARE that good, then why not use them to create an infinite?
If you ARE that good in mindgames, start using Fox or Marth, and since people tend to have positive iq numbers, this technique of dashing attacking is no infinite, 2-3 hits most, unless you are facing someone who is totally new to the game.

DRD

Smash Lord
Iq numbers matter not, they don't have to be a beginner; If your mindgames are good enough, then you'll be able to create an infinite.

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
If you ARE that good in mindgames, start using Fox or Marth, and since people tend to have positive iq numbers, this technique of dashing attacking is no infinite, 2-3 hits most, unless you are facing someone who is totally new to the game.
YOU ARE SO ****ING DENSE. if you have good enough mindgames THIS IS THE BEST MOVE TO USE THATS WHY ITS AN INFINITE.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
AH HAH! i know, from befor eit seems like annoying1359 is totally with WMoF and stuff, but i think i found a way around it:

when you have time hit her with a prejectile that hits multiple times. just like that.

does it work?

Renesor

Smash Ace
YOU ARE SO ****ING DENSE. if you have good enough mindgames THIS IS THE BEST MOVE TO USE THATS WHY ITS AN INFINITE.
You are still not answering WHY this is the best move, there are moves with better priority, speed, range, power, and knockback....why use this move instead of another move.

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
You are still not answering WHY this is the best move, there are moves with better priority, speed, range, power, and knockback....why use this move instead of another move.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

because this is teh ONLY move in CONJUNCTION WITH MINDGAMES that makes an INFINITE.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i sense your frustruation, Magnum. i do.... any replies to the multiple hitting projectiles theory?

Mann

Smash Ace
You mean like Shiek's needles. Or Link's/Y. Link's bombs which can possibly do 2 hits.

Renesor, if you clearly watched the video, this is the best move. No question about it. Surely you would have figured that out by now. The only way to stop WoF is to use WoF. Duh.

Renesor

Smash Ace
I was just wondering is anyone gonna answer my previous question? With a serious answer I mean....

Mann

Smash Ace
I was just wondering is anyone gonna answer my previous question? With a serious answer I mean....
Serious answer? It is. Well, the "WoF" can be used as a mindgame. Sure, people can do other stuff with Samus. But that's not what the title of this topic is though. Yah, people can do SWD's, Missile cancelling, bomb jumping, but we all aren't talking about that. The use of Samus's Dash attack has a nice hitbox. That's what.

Mann

Smash Ace
you have a pretty good point, bowser's fire actually beats WMoF
but since bowser is usually banned in tournaments for flamecancelling being too powerful, its not really an issue.
I don't go to enough tournaments to know he was banned just for his flame cancelling. Just a few local ones.

It isn't too bad to just DI out of it. Isn't it easier to DI with floatier characters? Or those who have projectiles for their use.

Sorry for the double post. :( Quoted without remembering to put it in the quick reply.

Zink

Smash Champion
Exactly. If you are having trouble with multi hitters, use mindgames. If you do it well, they won't get even one shot off.

Renesor

Smash Ace
Thanks Mann, that answer actually made sense, even though im not sure why this technique was given a name, though i have to admit samus' dash attack is pretty powerful...anyway, what is so special about Bowsa why he is banned in tornaments?

Drephen

Smash Master
well its kinda like no one tries to use sheik in tourney cause she is broken

its like that but x10 with bowser

Renesor

Smash Ace
you missed the question entirely....what properties does Bowza have that makes him banned in tornaments.

Mann

Smash Ace
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST POSTER EVER. WE ALREADY TOLD YOU. FLAME CANCELLING AND 50% FIRE COMBOS
Yup. I totally agree. Minus the "you have to to be the dumbest poster ever" part.

It's just the flame cancelling that makes him beastly and sexy.

It was called the WoF because someone decided to name it that, that's all. Whirlwind of Fury, I mean.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
In case you guys don't know, flame-cancelling for bowser only works in v 1.0. The creators had to cut it out in the next edition. It simply shows how powerful flame-cancelling was and what an exploit it was.

Renesor

Smash Ace
im sorry, maybe i wasn't clear when i asked. what I want to know is what exactly is flame-canceling. Also, the WOF has been disproven as an infinte by Magnum opus. How to beat it?....play on a different version of the game.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
although if you just used v1.2.....
Bowser is actually my tied-as-second-with-Ness main.

Watty

Smash Lord
man is there a convo really about bowser being broken. I hate the samus boards

Echo

Smash Champion
perhaps we should make a new samus forum... where people arent ********... hmm someone take this up with McFox... >.>

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
CLose this God forsaken cesspool of idiots PLZ

Its because of this kind of dumb *** posting that make the samus forums look like a joke and i hope all u idiots that believe that the WoF pwns get slapped around by ppl like Hugs

This was a Joke dont u idiots see

Renesor

Smash Ace
now thats just not true, samus is a good character....its just that this thread is pointless....unless you are trying to raise your post count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom