• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Crashman, do you not realise what you have done? Techniques like these weren't meant to be released to the public. What the **** have you done, now everyone will want to master the windmill of fury. ****.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I can attest to the power of this technique.

For people who claim that missiles will stop this easily, you know you can dash attack into a missile without getting hit? It's like pichu's side-b (pichu will go through the missile without taking damage with side -b). try it out. Clearly you guys never played/tried it out if you say missiles counterit, because they DON'T.

As for lasers, it gets much more harder, and requires good timing/mindgames. As stated before, there is the frame of invulnerability, where you're free to eat up lasers and all.

It takes an insane amount of technical skill to pull it off (for me, at least. Some people have a natural aptitude for it, like crashman), and even then it's not as effective as with mindgames.

Remember, when marth/roy counters... they can only do so before the first hit. so the samus just mindgame them to counter... then begin the Windmill of Fury in their lag. Once they get hit... if the WoF is done properly, they can't use down-b (they are constantly getting hit). They can DI, of course, but the WoFer should be able to read the DI easily.

As for the WoF counter to WoF... that's the reason why Samus dittos are kind of boring. Both samuses are too careful not to get infinited so they are very defensive against the WoF (but for good reason).

Guys, don't expect to just pick up the controller and be able to do this just like that. This is a technique that requires a lot of technical skill and mindgames (such as DI reading), in order to pull off. It takes either really talented people, or people who main samus for a long time to be able to pull this off 100%. Of course, you might be able to scrape by with some kind of resemblance, but don't discredit it just because YOU don't have the proper skills for ti.

My friend used the WoF against my ganondorf, and I have to say, it's very frustrating. He got in like 9 hits... and even when I double stick DIed, teched, and everything, he could still continue the infinite. fortunately, though, he couldn' tkeep it up, and he made a mistake on the 10th cycle, so i was able to break free.

All in all, I have to give props to crashman for revealing this technique. Really frightening in the right hands. Sure, looks simple, but it is actually really complicated.

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
ah u are the nOOb if you think you can beat him. I will look for you in the MLG amaetur bracket but I doubt you will make it outta pools

Okey....If you recognize me just come up to me and ask for a match we'll see how that goes...as for making it out of pools....lolz I'm not even sure about that myself cuz theres gonna be alot of great players there so who knows how things might go.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
After finding out that Crashman had discovered and mastered this technique, I politely asked him if he would still allow me to be the best samus in the nation.

Being the nice guy that he is, he agreed to let me remain the best samus for 69 days.

I don't know why he chose the number 69, but I do not dare question his reasoning.
68 now, you're running out of time...

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hocrap dude.
Thats crazy.

I totally want to make samus is totally my main again now.
Thanks Cra$hman for showing us a the only technique in the game that can truly not be countered. Its like..a god technique..

Courtofdoom

Smash Apprentice
After seeing this new unstoppable technique and its results, I have come to one conclusion...

Cra$hman wins the Samus forum.

Takalth

Smash Ace
All right, I've watched the video a few times, read the thread twice, but I have a hard time believing that this is nearly as good as people are saying. Sure, it demonstrates a few good characteristics of Samus's dash attack, (particularly its priority), but everybody is just saying "use mind games" as if that will make it unbeatable. I guess if you have jedi mind games, it might be unstoppable, but otherwise it appears perfectly beatable.

For example, watch the video starting around 45 seconds as pink Samus stood facing the other's back, walked for a moment, then started an empty dash. You can't tell me that there isn't a single attack that pink Samus couldn't have hit with, (A wave-dashed forward smash certainly would have hit).

Likewise, why wouldn't one of the following work:
Link: Shield to up+B
Samus: a retreating bomb
Fox/Falco: Shield, jump out of shield and up+b far enough away that they return to a neutral position.
Many characters: Crouch cancel to down smash
Many characters: wavedash backward to smash.

Yeah, I know I'm about to get flamed, negative repped, and everything else, but until I see videos of this winning tournaments against good players (or until I fight somebody who's mastered it myself), I have a hard time believing it. Unless of course, somebody can give a worthwhile explanation of why the above tactics won't work.

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
All right, I've watched the video a few times, read the thread twice, but I have a hard time believing that this is nearly as good as people are saying. Sure, it demonstrates a few good characteristics of Samus's dash attack, (particularly its priority), but everybody is just saying "use mind games" as if that will make it unbeatable. I guess if you have jedi mind games, it might be unstoppable, but otherwise it appears perfectly beatable.

For example, watch the video starting around 45 seconds as pink Samus stood facing the other's back, walked for a moment, then started an empty dash. You can't tell me that there isn't a single attack that pink Samus couldn't have hit with, (A wave-dashed forward smash certainly would have hit).

Likewise, why wouldn't one of the following work:
Link: Shield to up+B
Samus: a retreating bomb
Fox/Falco: Shield, jump out of shield and up+b far enough away that they return to a neutral position.
Many characters: Crouch cancel to down smash
Many characters: wavedash backward to smash.

Yeah, I know I'm about to get flamed, negative repped, and everything else, but until I see videos of this winning tournaments against good players (or until I fight somebody who's mastered it myself), I have a hard time believing it. Unless of course, somebody can give a worthwhile explanation of why the above tactics won't work.
Incase you haven't noticed...90% of those posts were sarcasm :093: :089: :087: :085: :094: :096:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
the other 10% are serious posts asking why it's so great.

I'm wondering how long the fiasco will continue.

Sytar

Smash Ace
I can't believe people are stupid enough to believe that this is a "godly" technique, or that people are actually being serious.

Cort

Apple Head
WoFing is broken. I can't wait to see this **** banned in tournies.

You shouldn't have shared this sacred technique.

God_Voice

Smash Apprentice
I believe it, but I just found this forum site, and I have seen so much I would have never thought of that I would believe anything I see here at this point.

I tried it and couldn't do it. I think many people here who are saying you're going to switch your main character to samus for this don't relize that this is a very hard move to complete.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
i don't get why you people think its a joke.
TranquilStarfall, having the invicibility frame creates a way to counter all of those while doing the WoF. the timing is insanely hard and requires practice though - i only managed to cancel a link up-b once out of 1000 ish - but with practice its clearly possible to get the timing right.
Umm... HugS and crash doing it perfectly... that was probably planned - or theyre actually that skilled
why should this be banned in tournies? its incredibly hard to learn - since you have to switch directions at different times depending on who ur playing against, what move their doing, etc. of course, if crash has truly mastered this, which hes close to, as shown in the video, he will deserve all the tourney wins.
i remember a guy saying he was talking to azen sometime. and azen thought he had come with a way to DI/counter out of it using roy - it has to do with some serious c-stick DIing upwards, a perfect downwards airdodge so that the dodge stops exactly when you hit the ground, and then countering... you guys will get updates if/when azen figures that **** out..

MuBa

Smash Lord
Hey Crashman, can you do a friendly against a good player, preferrably a Falco and actually show the mindgame aspect of the Windmill of Fury? And do show the falco actually SHL.

Other than that I see the technique as being a joke...

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
Hey Crashman, can you do a friendly against a good player, preferrably a Falco and actually show the mindgame aspect of the Windmill of Fury? And do show the falco actually SHL.

Other than that I see the technique as being a joke...
did you just call HugS, Gimpyfish, Supernova69, and Eddie bad players?

ROFL

JTHMbyJV

Smash Cadet
Did hugS use this at MLG, b/c he got 8th. Pretty good showing but my main man PC Chris finished in 2nd.

TIDE:Crash, why no WMoF at CC4, being a nice guy?

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
Did hugS use this at MLG, b/c he got 8th. Pretty good showing but my main man PC Chris finished in 2nd.

TIDE:Crash, why no WMoF at CC4, being a nice guy?
it was banned at that tournament
in fact don't expect to see this at any tournament anytime soon because its already been banned in just about every tournament on smashboards.

JTHMbyJV

Smash Cadet
Alright thx for the input Crashman, guess I was wrong, so I apologize for doubting you.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
lol samus players....whats up with that...?!?! but anyway yea, super awesome fantastic technique but everyone can calm it down cause it will be banned everywhere here soon..

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
Your ignorance is unbounded. For one, this entire thread is a joke topic. For two, note I never said who would be getting four stocked. Your post = fail.
lol, you are delusional if you think this is a joke topic seriously im the one who ****ing made the video first off and i know its no ****ing joke. when you have hugs, the best samus in the WORLD come in and testify its greatness, you know we're not ****ing around here this is smash this is smashboards and its ****ing business. next you are a scrub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom