• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus infinite: Windmill of Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Master
Sorry for being a noob, but I don't get it either. Why can't one Samus simply jump off the edge where the dash attacks don't reach, fire a missle, and jump back on.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Ok, forget it, I'm not comming back to this thread. I've asked 3 times now to have this explained, I'm not the only one to ask ether, and all we've gotten are such helpful answers as "...if you had watched the video you would know that the only way to stop the Winmill of Fury is to respond with a Windmill of Fury of your own. So your answer is no"

We all watched the movie! Beginning to end, over 15 times now. We all know what it says: that the only way to stop it is to start windmilling on your own...blah blah...but we don't see why. This is probably the least helpful thread I've ever been in, not because this "infinite" dosn't work, but because nobody wants to explain what the hell is going on in that video.

Nobody has listened to my post asking why I wasn't able to perform it. In fact, nobody has responded to any of my posts yet, at least not with anything even the slightest bit useful.

Unless someone is willing to spend like 5 minutes typing up a structured, complete post explaining exacly everything that's happening, I'm just going to wait it out until A) it's revealed that this is one, big, stupid joke, or B) it becomes common knowlage as to why this works.

Skler

Smash Master
Time to type up a structured complete post explaining everything that's happening.

1. Crashman found a new technique (the windmill of fury, or WoF)

2. The technique is so broken, nobody can beat it and few understand how to execute or counter the technique.

3. The video itself shows how broken the WoF is, notice how only a samus who can also WoF stands a chance.

4. Crashman is too good at mindgames, and is now unbeatable because of the WoF.

If you want to know why the WoF can only be stopped by starting a WoF of your own then the answer is simple. WoF can't be countered (you should know why, it's pretty obvious), so the only way to beat a technique that can't be countered is to begin doing it yourself.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
To those who haven't realized it yet, unless the dash attack gives you invulnerability frames I don't know about, this is a joke. The two Samus moving in perfect sync with each should've been clue enough... it's called using a wavebird. There are plenty of things I can think of off the top of my head that will stop this.

1. any kind of disjointed hitbox
2. projectiles that don't get blocked by everything, and depending on timing even those that do
3. CCC
4. aerials
5. sheildgrabs
6. smashes
7. tilts
8. not being a total moron

Amusing thread, though.

Renth

Smash Hero
This is simply the greatest technique ever i mean it just beats everything!

::joke::

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
crash, you said this was the best technique ever, and while it is, you have completely ruined smash for gamers ever. I hope you feel good about yourself. on the up side. Samus competely owns sheik now because sheik runs faster than samus which completely screws up the counter WoF timing. ****, if i had discovered this I would've paid to make people watch...

Pye, i love you... i'll work on an explanation guide for the WoF soon...

Sytar

Smash Ace
I ****ing hate this technique. Whenever I'm trying to SHFFL nairs at my friend's Samus, he starts WoF'ing me. I can't ****ing get out of it! It's so gay. Luckily, Captain Falcon has a WoF exactly like Samus'! Shoulder and all! The only problem is, Samus has baseball bats that come out of her helmet and whack my Falcon's kneecaps :(

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Sorry, but myself and several others witnessed Hayato (formerly of the Ninja Turtles crew) employing this (admittedly broken) technique at a tournament a few weeks ago.

DALegendarySauce

Smash Journeyman
To those who haven't realized it yet, unless the dash attack gives you invulnerability frames I don't know about, this is a joke. The two Samus moving in perfect sync with each should've been clue enough... it's called using a wavebird. There are plenty of things I can think of off the top of my head that will stop this.

1. any kind of disjointed hitbox
2. projectiles that don't get blocked by everything, and depending on timing even those that do
3. CCC
4. aerials
5. sheildgrabs
6. smashes
7. tilts
8. not being a total moron

Amusing thread, though.
ok you are obviously not good.

Ok, that was NOT a wavebird. I was there HugS and crash are amazing players, they sit with their knees touching so they can feel when their opponent is about to do a move.

1. as you can see this attack can hit behind so that simply wont work.
2. there is one frame that is invincible in this technique so projectiles simply don't work
3. CC..C? watch the vid again. it hits behind!
4. aerials will be VERY easily countered by mindgames, so it obvious that you have none of those.
5. it hits behind!
6. mindgames > smashes
7. dash attack beats tilts.
8. ok you just called the best samus in the U.S. (HugS <3 <3 <3) a moron. maybe you should stop playing at walmarts and start to get good.

You have been destroyed, go sell your controller, or throw it away.

Renth

Smash Hero

Ok, that was NOT a wavebird. I was there HugS and crash are amazing players, they sit with their knees touching so they can feel when their opponent is about to do a move.

2. there is one frame that is invincible in this technique so projectiles simply don't work
4. aerials will be VERY easily countered by mindgames, so it obvious that you have none of those.
5. it hits behind!
6. mindgames > smashes
8. ok you just called the best samus in the U.S. (HugS <3 <3 <3) a moron. maybe you should stop playing at walmarts and start to get good.

The Joke is getting old lol...

1. so your saying Marths f smash won't be a dash attacking samus?
2. so.. there's 1 invincible frame what happens if you get hit during any of the other ones?
3. Jigglypuff try this samus dash attacks shield short hop down b instant KO works every time
4. i play samus players all the time.. ganons f air spaced beats the dash
5. i know for a fact you can shield grab because i shield grab dash attacking samus's daily
6. mindgames .. how good of a mind game can be spamming one move?
7. i agree
8. Props on the joke

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You're right. I suck with Samus... due to my main being Fox. And now... THE ILLOGIC BEGINS.

You're suggesting they're gay? Interesting...

5. it hits behind!
6. mindgames > smashes
1. Pichu dissagrees with you
2. Good point
3. As long as it hits...
4. Actually I have the skill to make my opponent suicide at will, making this technique useless
5. It hits behind? You mean it doesn't hit in front? This is worse than I thought...
6. Oh, please... EVERYONE knows that pure brute force wins out in smash... mindgames? Pfft.
7. Again, Pichu dissagrees with you
8. BUT WALMARTS HAS GUD PLAYAS!!!11!!

I've been meaning to get a new one. I think I'll do that.

Samuman

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I saw this on the NSider today. That's pretty awesome, but I don't see how it'll pose a problem for any players with real skill. Too bad that Samus isn't my main any more.

Ironclad

Smash Apprentice
Egads, look how much activity this has generated. ATM there's 19 people viewing the Samus section, far more than I've ever seen in the time I've been here.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wow...if thats true, thats incredible. Some f'real "chi" stuff going on there. I'll give my soul to anyone who can teach me to read my opponent that well.

Theres an invincibility frame? That I didn't know. And since samus' dash attack hits behind her too, I guess this means you can plow through missiles from another samus pretty easily. Can you dash attack often enough to get to a Falco though? How about IC's icy triangle things? Or are these things mindgameable around?

Ahhh, I'm starting to understand :D I feel more sane now. So even though this infinite is ubar-cheap and unstoppable, it still takes a **** good Samus to truely make it infinite, since you have to constantly mindgame around your opponent, right?
Yes. Finally somebody catches on.

Mars-

Smash Champion
and 2) At around 1:15, Wes drops a bomb in midair, then airdodges onto it and grapples. Why the grapple, what does that do?
That is called a beam cancel. It serves as a mindgame. If you watch all wessed up you will see him pull off this massive combo where he ends in beam cancel to charged shot.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm now picking up Samus for this amazing technique. Wait, can this be used for any other character...hmmm. Please Crashman, tell me that you can use this Windmill of Fury for other characters. Anyways, +rep for you.

Watty

Smash Lord
I quit smash for a couple months come back and this **** is here man.... Ive realized that u cant stop playing smash cause when u do people like crashman raise to so many lvls that u cant possibly catch up....

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^Has Crashman done this to people like Ken and King though?

derfmaster

Smash Cadet
Whoa, imagine combining this with the Echo Slide. That **** would be so broken! >_<
OMG forreal!

oh, could marth's counter stop this? maybe... but yeah this is pretty awesome. oh, and you dash animation before you do the atk, right?

3kay

Smash Cadet
Is this considerably hard to pull off >_> I currently do not have my gamecube with me so I can't really test it out. Does it look simple but in reality is really hard to pull off?

TranquilStarfall

Smash Journeyman
i'm coming to NY in winter, mm $20

NAAAAH! I don't have that kind of money. I think 5 monies will be good ok....Samus Ditto by the way. I'll reserve blue Samus :.) you can pick your ugly green Samus kthnxbai. I will try to get this on video and put it on youtube somewhere maybe I'll make a thread about it...either way one of us will be very...very embarassed.:laugh:

Watty

Smash Lord
.Crashman thanks for proving your n00bness come to MLG NY so I can 3 stock your ***.

ah u are the nOOb if you think you can beat him. I will look for you in the MLG amaetur bracket but I doubt you will make it outta pools

Ares726

Smash Ace
You'll never be able to beat Cra$hman now that he has his own technique. It's just too awesome to comprehend. If he does it to you in a match it has the same effect as a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris. Cra$hman is going to win the whole tournament at MLG NYC using only the WoF.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
After finding out that Crashman had discovered and mastered this technique, I politely asked him if he would still allow me to be the best samus in the nation.

Being the nice guy that he is, he agreed to let me remain the best samus for 69 days.

I don't know why he chose the number 69, but I do not dare question his reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom