• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Guide Going to be Reworked, Hopefully. PLEASE READ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Diddy Discussion.
K GO!

Glide toss.

Dont get naner locked.

Your aerials out proitize Diddy.

Dont get hit with naner.

40 -60 diddy favor. D:<

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I recommend to everybody that they go to a character baord and create a thread and challenge them. Dont play to win. play to LEARN. i did it in several boards and it was great fun. PLEASE do this. it really does help out.

for diddy. From what ive EXP, throw the bananas off the stage, this forces diddy to pull them out again and when he does you can punish his banana pull animation. ALSO, do not go to FLAT STAGES. have some platforms just incase your banana game isnt as good as his.

also, sit down and use samus on FD with bananas on high. get a feel for catching the items while they are falling or while you dash attack them. get a friend and have him or her just throw bananas at you from all sorts of angles....once you get the catching of the bananas down.....diddy becomes ALOT easier.

but over all, i think its 45-55 if u KNOW about bananas and its 40-60 if u dont. either way diddy has advantage

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
my very small 2 cents on diddy:

I like to stand on platforms and bait the naners so they aren't on the main ground. If I have a hold of one I either toss it straight up, off the level or go for a homing missile -> glide toss -> nonsense "combo"

When I see a diddy pulling out bananas I spam, usually uncharged blast. They can't pick up the bananas or pull out more if they are getting spammed and are on the ground.

Something stupid: if there is a banana on a platform and you utilt it you will trip.

Annnd... don't spam if the diddy is he using your projectiles for barrel cancels while you're at high %. (duh)

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
i have a lot of info learned on diddy as in my opinon he is a really hard matchup for samus. Facing diddys online is a lot harded then offline for samus, even though diddy sucks in lag. The main thing about diddy is to make sure you have control of his bananas but dont get to cauht up in just trying to grab a nanner as a good diddy will set traps and think far more ahead then you. Diddy likes to rush so you have to concentrate on pushing him back with his own weapons and techniques thats when you can start to combo.
I recomend you pick battlefield against diddy because his nannerz will get caught on platforms and it takes him longer to react to it. Not to mention BF is samus's playground. Samus can gimp a diddy off edge but its differnt than most chars it takes much more PPP patiance, planning and predictions. If you find yourself caught in a banana lock calm down and time your rolls the trick is to outsmart him, once i get up i normally run away dont say near, or I jump off to the edge. Almost all diddys good or mild cant spike a good samus, use your bombs to stay away from diddy off edge and then g right for the edge this is when diddy panics and races to it. 9 times out of 10 you will get there before him so just relax and remember your edge tricks.
If you have a banana dont be predictable with it. Glide toss as much as you can when needed so your dancing around him and dont be stupid and try to grab him once you have this you will most likly miss and get ****ed over. Remember that you want that banana not for the damage it gives but for thedamage you can give onceit hits dont let your guard down once you throw it, pan it out s much as possible. Diddys like to air dodge and Fair to break your combos so watch for that but dont be to afraid. Diddys want there nannerz andonce you have one or both they will try whatever to get it back but they will play very defensive as theyare use to this. A few tricks i picked up are do a full hop and fire a ucharged shot (neutral B) and then right afterwords use a arial in any direction i prefer Dair. You will use you arial nstead of tossing the banana this works really well and diddys always try to get under your jump so they fall right into a huge combo normally 0-death. :)
Air dodge to Zair pretty much does the same thing your Zair comes out instead of the banana being thrown. A small nanner combo that works for me is Dash attack (pick up nanner) jump z(drop nanner) it hits them then hit them agan with Nair to catch the nanner and fastfall to they should be right in front of you glide toss so the banana hits them, Dash attack (catch banana and hit him again) and then Full hop Neutral b-Dair dribble backwards hitting them with the banana grab (i know i said not to but he is pretty confused at this point and the hitstun wont let him roll anyway.) punch him until he gets out of it and he will fall right into the banana now you just keep grabbing him as now you have him i a CG, once you end upat the edge of the stage Fsmash for a 0-death combo and for him to be pretty impressed even though with samus this is easier than with diddy.
I will continue this later but i gtg right now go to diddy boards if you didnt understand some of the AT.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Did anyone else notice JJ is actually a pretty nice stage for Samus?

I mean... seriously. I find myself having people CONSTANTLY CP it against me at touniments... but like, I feel at home on it, lots of ledges, water doesnt bother me, in fact i jump into it sometimes.

I bring this up because ive had a Diddy CP it on me, and he got molested? Most of the time I assume a Samus needs some space to set up moves, but i find myself lately constricting myself to closer fighting, and only using projectiles far away.

Maybe i am adapting my playstyle? I donno, just throwing it out there. Diddy and JJ discussion, matchupwise if even dare say 55-45 Samus favor. BF, 55-45 as well?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Thanks for the information, everyone. If you have more to add, please share, as it will help us Samus mains. I will be adding the information soon, probably tomorrow, but not verbatim. Don't worry, though. What you've all written is in this thread, and I will be adding the names of those who contributed to this guide.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Nice info TAC, I'm assuming you don't have any replays of a diddy matchup though? Be nice to see them.
My info: Obviously Diddy is good to spike cause he has a Up B that has to charge, so he just sits there in the air waiting for you. Anybody have any luck bomb gimping Diddy?

Ravin

Smash Lord
When Vsing Diddy, you can glide toss yourself, giving yourself a boost of speed and increase mindgame. if you control a bana, at that point you have to want to be agressive, or throw it away being defensive. At this point, im assuming the diddy has a hand over you, and playing defensive is possibly what you have been doing.

Glide Toss - Dash Attack - Uair,Bair, or UpB depending upon DI.

Glide Toss - Grab - Fthrow or Bthrow, Homing/Smash Missile. Grab Naner.

A few glide toss things I have messed with.

Or Glide Toss - Dash Attack, Uair, Missile, Naner, Glide toss, Repeat. Depending if the stage and DI is cooperating.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
Nice info TAC, I'm assuming you don't have any replays of a diddy matchup though? Be nice to see them.
My info: Obviously Diddy is good to spike cause he has a Up B that has to charge, so he just sits there in the air waiting for you. Anybody have any luck bomb gimping Diddy?
Oh i have many replays of me playing dids offline, seeing as i cant upload im getting my pal co18 to do some but if someone else would offer for them to upload a video up for me I would be extremely grateful :), spikeing diddy is very risky, you can very easily get spiked and most times help him get back.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Oh i have many replays of me playing dids offline, seeing as i cant upload im getting my pal co18 to do some but if someone else would offer for them to upload a video up for me I would be extremely grateful :), spikeing diddy is very risky, you can very easily get spiked and most times help him get back.
Yeah, you had some online matches with Player1, a Diddy main, but Wi-Fi is blah.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
ya dont judge from that, though i did a lot of the stuff i was talking about in that/those vids. And horrid quality
Haha! Don't worry about it, bro. I'm sure you're pretty good. I've heard good reports about you. Just keep on representing Samus.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
i play with tap jump off, for up b out of shield what i always did was jump than use up b OoS works just as good with no lag, just train with it a lil.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Just to confirm i did figure out the charge cancel maneuver. Theres more uses to it with samus, shown in some of my vids. I can make a samus edition if y'all like me to.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I'm currently uploading the samus vids about the charge cancel and 2 other random vids which has 'cancelling' involved lol

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I'm assuming for charge blast cancel vid (aside from the grab out of charge blast) that you're using shield to cancel the chargeblast then jump/glidetoss to cancel the shield?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just to confirm i did figure out the charge cancel maneuver. Theres more uses to it with samus, shown in some of my vids. I can make a samus edition if y'all like me to.
charge cancel has been known since ssb64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom