• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

Jackal Eire

Smash Rookie
You sure have a lot to work on, but I must say good job! Very cool matches, and I loved mostly Warios second stock xD
Jackal Eire
Thanks man, yeah still a work in progress! So long as I eventually stop panic rolling every 3 seconds I might get somewhere...:happysheep:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Thanks man, yeah still a work in progress! So long as I eventually stop panic rolling every 3 seconds I might get somewhere...:happysheep:
Dont worry man. Just everytime you play focus on not rolling. Once it becomes second nature THEN work on everything else!

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
just a for glory match, but it went pretty well I think

Following the in-game tool tip and running away after using jab 1 is surprisingly effective!

Gr4pefru1t

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Octorock
just a for glory match, but it went pretty well I think

Following the in-game tool tip and running away after using jab 1 is surprisingly effective!
at 0:45, I love the bait into Zair into f smash. The edgeguard that followed was solid, even though Dair would've probably connected (no airdodge, and if he did, CF wouldn't have been able to reach). Overall: Solid! I like it

Boney

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the games. I don't want to post the ones with mom's spaghetti. : ^ )

Yo that SHAD back air against Yoshi at the end was beautiful. Love the way you represent a Samus Depth, even got TKBreezy convinced she good stuff. Which is a nice change of pace comparing to what other commentators can say.

Amazing play overall, where's loser finals though! Only thing I can say is that nair covers the close space that zair misses and it's good to throw out there once in a while against dashing opponents and short hops. Excellent use of pivots, loved it.

Last edited:

Depth_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoDepth
Yo that SHAD back air against Yoshi at the end was beautiful. Love the way you represent a Samus Depth, even got TKBreezy convinced she good stuff. Which is a nice change of pace comparing to what other commentators can say.

Amazing play overall, where's loser finals though! Only thing I can say is that nair covers the close space that zair misses and it's good to throw out there once in a while against dashing opponents and short hops. Excellent use of pivots, loved it.
TKbreezy props? Oh my... Where?

Boney

Smash Apprentice
TKbreezy props? Oh my... Where?
No wait, I think I'm talking out of my ass. Who are your commentators, thought TK was in the Florida scene but must've just confused the voice. Oh well, you get my props for the solid play at least :p

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
I am terrible at timing the Zair to ledge with an immediate Fair/Uair... I've somehow gotta find a way to add that into my game. You can see how it intimidates people. Fantastic games Depth_ Depth_ I'm learning so much from your mixups!

Izaw

Smash Ace
Hey, any one have any info on Izaw's Samus guide? Do we know if he's close to completing it yet? Are you close Izaw Izaw ?
It'll take its time, can't really specificly give a date

Don't want to rush it either, feel like there's so much to be shown, like this new jab reset setup, flamin hot

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699

Don't want to rush it either, feel like there's so much to be shown, like this new jab reset setup, flamin hot
Crazy excited for it!

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse

I'm actually going to make a video demonstrating all the DI and tech options from it. I've labbed it to death and the best thing about it is that if a character techs in place, tech rolls away, or in, samus has tools to still ensure a pratfall and jab reset follow up. DI can influence it. If Fox is at 0% and DIs away, he'll fall below the platform and can avoid it (without rage, hehe). However, at slightly higher % he's in a bad position. If he DIs away or not at all, he'll be in the tech chase. If he DIs in, he can avoid the tech chase but he's in Samus's combo range and nobody wants to be there. Either way, he's screwed.

If he techs in place, a sourspot dair will make him slide off the platform and pratfall. If he tech rolls away, a charge shot will still make him pratfall. If he tech rolls in, which would be the best option, he can still be pratfalled by a charge shot (or missile). What amazes me is how Samus has all the tools to cover every option. That's such a powerful spot for her to be in.

Seniks also found a tech chase on the top platform in a % range that can be followed up with a kill. I also found kill confirms on smashville and T&C from the jab reset. Example

Basically what we've learned is that samus is a monster on platforms.

Boney

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually going to make a video demonstrating all the DI and tech options from it. I've labbed it to death and the best thing about it is that if a character techs in place, tech rolls away, or in, samus has tools to still ensure a pratfall and jab reset follow up. DI can influence it. If Fox is at 0% and DIs away, he'll fall below the platform and can avoid it (without rage, hehe). However, at slightly higher % he's in a bad position. If he DIs away or not at all, he'll be in the tech chase. If he DIs in, he can avoid the tech chase but he's in Samus's combo range and nobody wants to be there. Either way, he's screwed.

If he techs in place, a sourspot dair will make him slide off the platform and pratfall. If he tech rolls away, a charge shot will still make him pratfall. If he tech rolls in, which would be the best option, he can still be pratfalled by a charge shot (or missile). What amazes me is how Samus has all the tools to cover every option. That's such a powerful spot for her to be in.

Seniks also found a tech chase on the top platform in a % range that can be followed up with a kill. I also found kill confirms on smashville and T&C from the jab reset. Example

Basically what we've learned is that samus is a monster on platforms.
Dear god at that smashville video

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
-_ellipsis_- -_ellipsis_- i am loving your stuff! Keep it up. So many options....

Quick edit... Any idea if we can do this on Delfino, Halberd etc

Last edited:

S4MUS

Smash Rookie
NNID
LordOfTheOcean
Played pretty poorly here, but thought the ending was worth uploading.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521

Some of my v1.1.1 Gameplay

- With the right timing you can fast fall SH N-Air and still autocancel. I knew this a long time ago but now with the buffed hitboxes it became really important to me. I highly recommend to master the timing.

- PP U-Tilts are my new pivot F-Tilts. Very safe on shield.

- DJ bomb into landing CS does work really well as a projectile wall & potentual shield break (also on hit it can do 35% dmg just like @4:46).

- Crouch canceled Jab1 into Jab1 as a new edge guard tool

The patch really helped Samus, I'm now aiming for second place in the next big Austrian tournament (vyQ is just too good, his reaction-times and punish-game is comparable to Mr.R.)

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Depth_ Depth_ really nice play, again. Do you spar against ryo regularly? Those up-angled f-smash roll getup reads... man... Really like the jab1 -> follow ups play particularly the grab.

KayJay KayJay NICE up-tilt spacing. If people want a video to see "how to space up-tilt" that's it. I watched a series of matches between you and vyQ - #1 he can read you. #2 he abused the lingering hitboxes vs Samus' reach. i.e. he knows the Samus flaws well.

Last edited:

Depth_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoDepth
DungeonMaster DungeonMaster I play Ryo every Friday.He's offering to help me get better at the game by practicing with him for a week. Really looking forward to that.

KayJay KayJay Loving the u-tilt. That move is incredibly good for stuffing aerial approaches. 4:08 in that video, lol. I've done the same to Sheik's f-air.

Ampheras

Smash Cadet
The only thing I missed from Depth_ Depth_ was the upB Punishes, specially Oos... there were several garanteed Upbs you could have landed for free and you didn't, like 7:04, 8:47 and 9:22 of this set:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDH0TuI3cV0
In 7:35 there was two oportunities for an upB: right before and right after the spotdodge

UpB is a really usefull tool for Samus, not because its very rewarding, nor it's safe, but because it's easy to identify a garanteed opportunity to use it when your opponent makes a mistake. Spotdodges and air dodges for example are extremaly easy to punish with upB, if you cant land a better punish.

Depth_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoDepth
The only thing I missed from Depth_ Depth_ was the upB Punishes, specially Oos... there were several garanteed Upbs you could have landed for free and you didn't, like 7:04, 8:47 and 9:22 of this set:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDH0TuI3cV0
In 7:35 there was two oportunities for an upB: right before and right after the spotdodge

UpB is a really usefull tool for Samus, not because its very rewarding, nor it's safe, but because it's easy to identify a garanteed opportunity to use it when your opponent makes a mistake. Spotdodges and air dodges for example are extremaly easy to punish with upB, if you cant land a better punish.
I've been trying not to punish with up b oos too much. It's a kill move for me on the ground or reading airdodges after chasing with up-airs.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Got a ton of games to post from DBZ 7, unfortunately most of my wins were off stream.

Doubles:
End of Game 3 ;-; I play this guy too much

Singles:
Beat this guy in pro bracket later, so I'm still undefeated vs Ness in tourney, singles tournies at least

Lmao end of g1 I looked down to check percents to see who was winning and then..

Me and Marcbri had a super close set offstream earlier in bracket, guess I got a bit downloaded during that

I'm really looking to work on my ledge game next, I take far too much damage and percent from bad decisions at the ledge

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Got a ton of games to post from DBZ 7, unfortunately most of my wins were off stream.

Doubles:
End of Game 3 ;-; I play this guy too much

Singles:
Beat this guy in pro bracket later, so I'm still undefeated vs Ness in tourney, singles tournies at least

Lmao end of g1 I looked down to check percents to see who was winning and then..

Me and Marcbri had a super close set offstream earlier in bracket, guess I got a bit downloaded during that

I'm really looking to work on my ledge game next, I take far too much damage and percent from bad decisions at the ledge
I'm only 1st game in against That Ness and I must say... The complete shift in tactic and momentum you did to come back and win was fantastic. I'll comment after I watch the rest.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Im afraid it doesn't go quite so well after that... I did 2-0 him in bracket though!

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
I've been trying not to punish with up b oos too much. It's a kill move for me on the ground or reading airdodges after chasing with up-airs.
What would you say are your preferred OoS options?

Afro Smash Afro Smash :
I'm not done watching all the DBZ7 vids yet, but here are some comments so far:

In general, it's rather unfortunate the number of times you tried to z-air on a platform stage like Battlefiled and the tether tried to snap to a platform edge instead.

You did awesome on that second game against Taitsu's Shulk (no loss of stock)! I didn't know you could wall jump on Battlefield (at 12:49)!

And then how interesting at 13:10 you used that back part of d-smash to hit Shulk as he tried to recover. Shulk is put into a bad situation when he uses his Up+B and it doesn't ledge snap! He had used up his double jump, and even with the Jump art, he was a goner.

Maybe you did get a bit downloaded by Marcbri, his Pit is quite a fierce fighter! Super aggro Pit for sure.

Top Bottom