• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't sweetspot Fsmash be much better since there's no chance at falling out of that? It gets kills on him from the middle around 80-90%

Boney

Smash Apprentice

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I'll share a video with a decent-okay Villager. I triple spiked him right from one Back Throw.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Now ive seen a single spike....ive even seen a double spike....but i aint NEVER seen no triple spike! That was awesome /bow.
Well I am HIGHLY revolved around disrespecting players. I'll disrespect even if I'll lose.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I pray i never run into you...my soul couldnt handle THAT much devistation!!
I'm not good at all. However, I played KP Joey and beat him on FG yesterday. (I recognized his amazing skill under his alt "Scrotty Balls"--scrotum Mii.) His Diddy is crazy insane.

I fought someone on SB and Dirty Bombed them at 180%. I just had to give him the 0 respect. No hard feelings. It's just I have to go for it. It's an impulse.

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse

Well, we've got a patch, and there's a couple things I want to highlight here. The shield break at the end was absurd. The dair chip went unpunished from the shield stun and I punished a rush in with ftilt. Also, monster damage on the start of the second stock.

Last edited:

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Yep, dair and bair are so much better now on shield, you really can get away with so much!

Oh and this is pre patch but it's a perfect demonstration of good nair is for stuffing short hop approaches, which world even better now.

http://youtu.be/nk-uxzJXt_o

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Greetings Samus Boards! I'm here to just drop this in, of a friend's samus kill montage for your personal enjoyment. :D

(I find it quite entertaining)

He also does actually win most if not all of these matches.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Some sets from a tournament a few weeks back

Tight games vs a good Pika, get predictable at the ledge game 3 and it costs me

Me gettin slapped about by J Miller, don't even feel I played that bad but he just stacks on the damage and kills so quick

And a set against a good greninja should hopefully be uploaded soon

Last edited:

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Nice play. Especially the second match against Pikachu were you landed some very nice nairs and up b oos.

Against miller you never punished any of his unsafe aerials with up b oos. His offense was super overwhelming but you really need to punish those instances, and if you're by the ledge you don't risk a shoryuken back (as much). Try stuffing his aerials approaches with up tilt, back air and nair, they'll trade favorably. Also, punish roll ins by the ledge with up b oos, it's such an overused tactic which you gotta be ready for. The problem that trying to just spacing out with zair against a good luigi (or anybody) will get you in disadvantageous positions, the short hitbox means you can only hit it at very specific angles so it's easy enough to shield it and approach, that's where back air will come very handy.

Still, congratulations!

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Pretty safe if not power shielded. Shieldstun is very high so if he trys to dash grab afterwards then you can spot dodge him.
I imagine that FF Bair is even safer on shield now thanks to the patch 1.1.1 changes?

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
Some sets from a tournament a few weeks back

Tight games vs a good Pika, get predictable at the ledge game 3 and it costs me

Me gettin slapped about by J Miller, don't even feel I played that bad but he just stacks on the damage and kills so quick

And a set against a good greninja should hopefully be uploaded soon
Hey Afro, I'm feeling for you man! If I can just make one suggestion that I think would have been REALLY helpful in that set against JMILLER, I don't think you used 1 upboos. Its sooooo useful because its really fast and has a pretty large hitbox. There were many times you could have punished his nairs or fairs with it, or even made incredible use of it when he approached you while you were on platforms since upboos can scoop people up from underneath platforms. Obviously, Jmiller is amazing so i know its hard, but I feel like Samus has the tools to make that matchup pretty one-sided in Samus' favor.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Hey, any one have any info on Izaw's Samus guide? Do we know if he's close to completing it yet? Are you close @Izaw ?

Gr4pefru1t

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Octorock
A cool friendlies dittos with my cousin, I want to know what you guys think
Obs: I'm Samus main, he is not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6-SXk5n9xc
I use purple, too! You seem to like to play in someone's face, less campy than your typical samus. Your cousin responded well to this, so as to better control the flow of the battle, you may benefit from being a little more campy. But what do I know

Boney

Smash Apprentice
A cool friendlies dittos with my cousin, I want to know what you guys think
Obs: I'm Samus main, he is not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6-SXk5n9xc
That was a pretty good match very aggressive for both parts. You had a very nice air dodge read with dair but you should try to fast fall into up b for the kill if you can, screw attacks hitbox is surprising large. Would've liked to see some more charge shots, bairs, nairs, up tilts and fsmash to close the stock earlier. Your cousin did a very good nair edgeguard to steal the stock. But stil, very good awareness with your aerials, love the fair strings at the beginning.

Ampheras

Smash Cadet
Thnks Guys!
Gr4pefru1t, yes, we are extremely offensive players, we just like to dive head in and wreck it all xD But I recognize that playing safely sometimes is best, after all, I lost my stocks for doing unecessary edgeguards attempts.... but in tournaments I use to settle down a little xD

Boney, I never thougth of following the Dair with UpB, thnks for the tip! And yeah, definitely and mostly CS I missed too, but I was too confident I could take that stock easily. I think Samus has many diferent and interesting options, and I use to forget some of them in each match. It's something I'm working on

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Thnks Guys!
Gr4pefru1t, yes, we are extremely offensive players, we just like to dive head in and wreck it all xD But I recognize that playing safely sometimes is best, after all, I lost my stocks for doing unecessary edgeguards attempts.... but in tournaments I use to settle down a little xD

Boney, I never thougth of following the Dair with UpB, thnks for the tip! And yeah, definitely and mostly CS I missed too, but I was too confident I could take that stock easily. I think Samus has many diferent and interesting options, and I use to forget some of them in each match. It's something I'm working on
No, I meant at 0:40 instead of going for the down air read, go for an up b. You might just get the ko so far up with a 100%

Ampheras

Smash Cadet
No, I meant at 0:40 instead of going for the down air read, go for an up b. You might just get the ko so far up with a 100%
Oh I see, I will try that, but still I think you gave me an awesome idea xD

Wald0

Smash Cadet
NNID
waldofindsyou
I can't believe I found this. Gotta love FG Ness (I was messing around but if you'd like to put in your input feel free to do so)

Last edited:

Jackal Eire

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, first videos up here which I must say aren't crazy competitive, but it is my love of spikes that keeps me enamoured with our favourite bounty hunter! I'll put up one thats a bit closer later, i have an absolute s**tload of bad habits i know...but let me know what you guys think! Yes I am a FG only scrub (there's no scene in Ireland)

Last edited:

Ampheras

Smash Cadet
You sure have a lot to work on, but I must say good job! Very cool matches, and I loved mostly Warios second stock xD
Jackal Eire

Last edited:

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64

Just some friendlies with me and Nayte. I was behind a stock but managed a neat comeback xD
Nice d-air to f-smash there at the end.

So to close the match, I see you released CS just as you were landing, and it managed to skim just low enough to hit Robin. I remember seeing something on this in another thread somewhere. Does releasing CS just as you are landing make the CS travel at a lower path compared to just releasing it when standing?

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
Nice d-air to f-smash there at the end.

So to close the match, I see you released CS just as you were landing, and it managed to skim just low enough to hit Robin. I remember seeing something on this in another thread somewhere. Does releasing CS just as you are landing make the CS travel at a lower path compared to just releasing it when standing?
Yes it does. You have to fire it off right before you land.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd drop these here. Skater Jayy's Samus at The Big House 5 tournament. His loss against Shel's Luigi cost him getting to Top 32.

Skater Jayy :4samus:

vs. Trela :4ryu:
vs. Slowjoe :4fox:
vs. Shel :4luigi:
Yeah, the true shoryuken at the end of game one, the commentators said she got hit in the mouth, no. She got hit in the toe of ftilt and died. Sigh

He played really well against the Fox, made the commentators shut up at least.

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699

Here's a setup I found. At certain % you can't jump from dthrows or dash attacks and have to tech the platform.
So your using a Dthrow>SH>B>push+jab>Dair>Last hit Uair>SH>Dair? Dear lord I'd probably flub that up under pressure

Top Bottom