• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
I found some good gameplay vids of a Samus player on Youtube. If you have one, please share and let's learn together! :chuckle:

She has more kill moves than she did in Brawl :love:

Last edited:

Joanny

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1032-1663-6684
Thank you very much ! I'll let you know if I find some too ! : D

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
you're welcome

More videos to come! :)

This match looks even, but our Samus won anyway ;)

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Is it me or are most of the videos uploaded so far on the weak side? I'm eagerly awaiting some game play from people who actually main Samus to be uploaded.

Tekolie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tekolie
Thanks for posting these. Trying to judge whether Samus will live up to the claims Sakurai made.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Thanks for posting these. Trying to judge whether Samus will live up to the claims Sakurai made.
Same. I'm iffy on whether or not she really is the best character in the game, but we'll let the skilled Samus mains be the judge of that. I don't really care about tiers, but it WOULD be nice if she was at least considered mid or high tier, just to further cement her improvements. Anything is better than how she was in Brawl (unless it's outright worse), and I honestly thought she was still decent in that.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't expect better than brawl, but she'll be really fun and has some sweet new skins

Yugimoto-D

Smash Rookie
NNID
YetAnotherMask

I found this one. There is only one Samus match but I enjoyed it a lot. With constant missile pressure it seems you can break shields. (As long as they don't dodge so I don't think this will be reliable)

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I was using Samus in a recent online tournament and got to the Grand Finals. Going to gather some links here...

(first match, great Link though)

Grand Finals hasn't been uploaded yet but I'll post it when it's up. I played way better in that match than the others so that's a shame. :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Since Samus is among my mains, she'll get coverage in my channel. Here's her first video of mine.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Do we use this tech to prevent an opponent from grabbing the ledge?
No, it's just a threat/distraction, they only get punished if they don't sweetspot the ledge. You can roll off or jump over the edge, lay bomb and DI back onto stage to control certain recovery angles. Off the ledge is good against tether recoveries too.

Last edited:

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
LOL thanks for posting that here. I played some matches online and saved replays, I'll upload the ones where I didn't get absolutely mauled (unless you want to see where matchups are hard) later tonight!

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
LOL thanks for posting that here. I played some matches online and saved replays, I'll upload the ones where I didn't get absolutely mauled (unless you want to see where matchups are hard) later tonight!
Is there a good way to pull matches off your SD card and make them into videos?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Here's some more, nothing too special but hopefully entertaining/informative:

First or second time playing a Bowser Jr, really just learning as this match went along tbh.

I like playing with Adeezy because he's very brave when it comes to offstage/edgeguarding. I think this match has good examples of pivot grab and horizontal spacing as well.

This is a rare replay of me not getting 2stocked by Adeezy's ZSS. ZSS just runs circles around her powersuited self, I feel like you gotta be psychic to land any punishes on her.

This is my other training partner, Freedom (formerly Son1k, you might know him as the Captain America player in UMvC3). He's really good at pressure and baiting with Sonic's high mobility, and between the spring jump thing and his homing ball, Sonic outmaneuver most of Samus's offstage game and challenge her directly (with an advantage, I'd say).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Here's another Samus vs Shulk video. Played out quite similarly to the first one.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
I hate dealing with Bowser Jr. players ==. All they do is just spamming DownB + NeutralB + Dash attack

Love the music of this stage, sounds intense :)

These are private :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
I hate dealing with Bowser Jr. players ==. All they do is just spamming DownB + NeutralB + Dash attack

Love the music of this stage, sounds intense :)
im with you, all do the same, but with a little of patience you will beat them

These are private :D
now are public sorry!

vs Fox

Vs Villager...a real intense and good match to me

Vs Sheik...look second 00:54 how much far samus reach with wall jump, really useful

Vs Fox(2)

All there are good playera, the only i think it;s pro..it sheik the others only really goods watch them

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice

vs Fox

Vs Villager...a real intense and good match to me

Vs Sheik...look second 00:54 how much far samus reach with wall jump, really useful

Vs Fox(2)

All there are good playera, the only i think it;s pro..it sheik the others only really goods watch them

Firstly, your videos are great! I learn a lot from watching them, but I notice you don't Zair much. I'm trying to get better at that myself, but Samus is a complicated character. It's been a while since I was at the peak of my skill, so I'm still trying to climb, but you should keep posting the videos so I can learn more ^.^

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
Firstly, your videos are great! I learn a lot from watching them, but I notice you don't Zair much. I'm trying to get better at that myself, but Samus is a complicated character. It's been a while since I was at the peak of my skill, so I'm still trying to climb, but you should keep posting the videos so I can learn more ^.^

Tomorrow i upload another 2 or 3 videos n.n thanks and yes i don;t use much Zair, because i really don't like in this smash but i will try to be useful with zair

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Wow, amazing matches Primer T, I just got to learn a lot from these. Thanks :pimp:

Savez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0962-9913-3965
This video is from the Reddit Smash Bash that was played on the 4th, the day after the game came out. I was VERY RUSTY so don't expect much but I was so hyped for the last kill I couldn't not upload it.

Anyway thanks for the videos everyone! They're very informative! Keep 'em coming!

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow i upload another 2 or 3 videos n.n thanks and yes i don;t use much Zair, because i really don't like in this smash but i will try to be useful with zair
The more I try to use it, the more I feel I get punished for focusing on the right timing with it. I think it's really most useful against players who jump a lot, and good for punishing failed short-hops.

I think my favorite thing about Samus is that she has like four really good looking skins, whereas a lot of other characters don't have many, and some don't have really any. My other main, Rosalina, doesn't really look very different in anything imo.

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694

Vs kirby..look at the little combo :08(30%) and at minute 1:09(44%) i was lucky because the bomb stop kirby launch speed and i was allowed to make a little follow up with Utilt and Uair...total 44%

This was pretty difficult, it was a japanese yoshi..really so intense!D: haha

another good one, vs a japanese Diddy kong

Savez

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0962-9913-3965
Primer if you can record the % aswell D:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I'll start posting some videos as well. Have had a few good games but I always forget to save them.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Hi! I really hope this is the right place to post. :S

I'm looking for advice on how to play smarter. Here is an example. The other person is my friend who's been playing a bit longer than I have been, but we're roughly on the same level (noob). This is the second of 2 matches, and I lost both.

I want to win. :-/

Last edited:
Top Bottom