• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Here's one more for the day:

Nice! The only thing i can suggest is for your uair strings sometimes they can be continued with bair depending on DI and I'd use SHAD as a substitute for rolling.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Wow. Those commentators know absolutely nothing about Samus. It was painful to listen to.
BUT the commentary IS getting better than from many months ago.
At least one of them knew she had tons of combos and didn't have that bad an overall opinion. He had clearly played someone who knew the character and got his ass handed to him.
Samus mains are actually starting to shed the bad rep and show off the metagame, I feel.
I always love watching ESAM, he's a pro and just amazingly crisp in his character control. He's really starting and trying to get the combos rolling, particularly the up-tilt and d-air, really great. Also going for the tech chases with that n-air -> CS, I personally would have waited since his opponent was good and was likely going to instantly tech.

@ Karaoke Man Karaoke Man circa 2:50 in your Ness video you can also hear the footstool-in-pk-fire that we were just discussing in the matchup thread. Your style of half-and-three-quarter CS and tons of bombs is interesting and fresh. Your opponents are living to quite high percents however, I feel partly as a result of not getting the full charge.

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
I agree with the commentator, she has things....the dots just don't all connect haha.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Not much here other than a silly kill in the second video and a shield break in the first.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Hey guys, I kinda have a request instead of a video to share.
As a fresh Samus main trying to wrap my head in the meta, the hardest thing to change is rolling > SHAD. Its so hard to fight the instinct to roll, and then when im practicing it I have a hard time knowing the best moment to apply SHAD. In a practice round with a CPU I end up just SHAD'ing the whole match but still fail to apply it instinctively in FG or against friends.

So I go to you, Samus gods, asking for someone to maybe making a SHAD Guide video. Since its an advanced technique it would be cool for new Samus mains and old alike to see examples and receive instruction on how to tackle this awesome tool. Reading it is one thing, Seeing it and having it explained is another.
(kinda like in the style of Izaw's art of link videos)
If a guide like this exists Id love to see it.
any way just an idea for an extremely helpful video

Last edited:

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
I'm in Jazz' boat. I get the idea, but I find Samus to be the hardest character to short hop with, which makes me rely on rolling to avoid certain moves.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
thats why a tutorial would be uber helpful

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
@Izaw will be making an "Art of Samus" video in the future. I think your prayers will be answered directly! :p

As for players who have the best control and reflexive understanding of the SH-AD and selecting the correct option out of it you want to look a few pages back at @Marm' and @KayJay in particular.
It's hard guys, no question, particularly if you have secondaries with a totally normal roll and a bad SH-AD option.
I still struggle with selecting when to cancel the SH-AD into z-air. That aspect falls into the category of "footsies" in fighting game terminology, and it's just flat out a hard skill.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
@Izaw will be making an "Art of Samus" video in the future. I think your prayers will be answered directly! :p

As for players who have the best control and reflexive understanding of the SH-AD and selecting the correct option out of it you want to look a few pages back at @Marm' and @KayJay in particular.
It's hard guys, no question, particularly if you have secondaries with a totally normal roll and a bad SH-AD option.
I still struggle with selecting when to cancel the SH-AD into z-air. That aspect falls into the category of "footsies" in fighting game terminology, and it's just flat out a hard skill.
Really? Izaw is making a Samus guide? Holy biscuits! Hopefully it comes soon, its going to blow the average players mind just how much effort and skill goes into being decent with Samus.

... I wonder if its because of this..
nah probably not

Edit:

:surprised:

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Thanks @ Ffamran Ffamran it's always good to see how the average Japanese are playing the character. I think it's clear from the void of missiles coming out from them that they too have clued into the fact that Samus uses the z-air to zone, not so much the missiles. They're not using much SH-AD although I saw a few edge recoveries with it. Very little up-tilt and when they land their d-air, for some reason they're not following up on it much at all, they often shield or play timid?! I don't think they know about up-tilt -> CS, d-air -> CS or up-air -> CS yet. I would have expected at least one up-tilt -> d-tilt or d-air -> d-tilt since those are guaranteed. Actually what I notice most is they're not following up on tech chases.
If Sakurai's balancing this game on a spreadsheet he may have a number for "tech chase opportunities not taken". I think I only saw one or two, and I wasn't confident they were intentional.
I didn't count matches or stocks but I think with a few SDs aside Samus was rocking Roy.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Heres some funny FG matches I had today. Just playing for fun, didnt worry about SHAD'ing because its not natural yet.
every kill was a backflip CS. I thought people could see that coming a mile away?
Bad Macs still exist ladies and gentlemen

Last edited:

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
During some friendlies I had on the 3DS, I had a moment of inspiration and this happened.

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
Here's my first set vs Master Raven, a very high ranking player in both his region and the world. We're currently 2/2 in sets and bound to play a lot more. I'll upload more videos as we play to show where the meta takes us.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I'll be posting 2 matches with a "very competitive Rosa" (says his profile). I think he just plays very cheaply. Samus has poor options against Rosa, and he was exploiting that fact. At least when Rosa Dash Attacks you, Samus can Up Smash OoS.

I'm not natural at SHAD, but the one time I try it, Rosa's many hitboxes hurt me.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Ay, that was mighty nice of you. How'd you do it?

Today or tomorrow, I'll be sharing some games I had with a good Peach. Him and I are in the banned section of For Glory. In the banned section lies some VERY skilled players. They're banned because other salty people report them. Can't say I've ever fought even a decent Peach, so I was questioning every move.

EDIT: Lol, that double comment spam. I'm a noob.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Ay, that was mighty nice of you. How'd you do it?

Today or tomorrow, I'll be sharing some games I had with a good Peach. Him and I are in the banned section of For Glory. In the banned section lies some VERY skilled players. They're banned because other salty people report them. Can't say I've ever fought even a decent Peach, so I was questioning every move.
inside [ ] type media=youtube with the end part of your link www.youtube.com/embed/9NH1f9fVIQ0
this part here 9NH1f9fVIQ0
so the code looks like (media=youtube) 9NH1f9fVIQ0 (/media) ***

*** ( ) = [ ] remember use brackets

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I don't know about good Rosas, but:

1) Dash attack luma
2) Nair luma
3) Attack Rosalina
4) Repeat steps 1 through 3 until Rosa is dead.
I think the dude was alright. Being that him and I are banned, there's no question he makes other players salty. I don't think that's a good idea vs. him cuz of his grab-spammy nature. If I dash attack, he may even up smash out of shield! I don't like to be above Rosa because of Samus's fall speed, and the fact I'd have to challenge her aerials (which are disjointed and have high priority).

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
You can also just push the media button, which is just to the right of the image button and 6th rightmost button in general.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I'll check Xygonn's out after I post my vid with another pretty good Rosalina I fought on the banned servers of For Glory. Like, everyone there is good.

I'm about 95% sure this is the same guy I fought 7 months ago in For Fun. His Rosa was quite frankly mopping the floor with everyone there, including myself. Felt great to do the honors with Lord Aran once again. I'll just say that Up Smash is not all that bad.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I'll check Xygonn's out after I post my vid with another pretty good Rosalina I fought on the banned servers of For Glory. Like, everyone there is good.

I'm about 95% sure this is the same guy I fought 7 months ago in For Fun. His Rosa was quite frankly mopping the floor with everyone there, including myself. Felt great to do the honors with Lord Aran once again. I'll just say that Up Smash is not all that bad.

Usmash definitely works well on Rosa.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey

@ 1:27 Im kinda glad Im not the only one that gets the dumb Side B when Im trying to recover.

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff

Awesome replay. I'll definitely have to study this one.

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
Here's a set I did against a rosalina in the grand finals of an 18 player online tourney.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Here's some(/the only) footage my brother recorded late during my first set against False at Smash Con.
Already posted this in the Skype group, and thought maybe others that aren't in the group would want to watch it as well.

Lost my next two sets to a Ness player and False in losers pretty badly.
Ended the tournament going 2-2 in pools.
Not too bad for my first tournament ever. :p

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Here's some(/the only) footage my brother recorded late during my first set against False at Smash Con.
Already posted this in the Skype group, and thought maybe others that aren't in the group would want to watch it as well.

If ever I could be more sick and tired about people complaining about sourspots on our dair.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529

Remember up b oos bby

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Played a super good Samus in the banned section of For Glory ( the banned players are all good, lol). I'll upload a few matches with him. And how about my disrespect montage #2? Bunch of short clips of me disrespecting people I come across...and with friends... Share that too, or stick with full matches? After all, this is a gameplay thread.

I'd even say it's an honor to be banned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom