• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Gameplay Videos

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Quick 47 second game I had vs a Falcon, I'm pretty sure you can always footstool a captain falcon after they dair you at low percents

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
coming up with some nice stuffs, featuring one of the greatest lucina player in my country :)

Critisicms are of course welcome :D
I didn't see these videos until today. Your movement is so good. Dem b-reversals on point. Love the heavy use of zair. I thought you played great.

If I had to pick at something, I'd like to see a little more agression solely in uair. Sometimes, it felt like you were being overly reserved with your uair when you could have gone in for a second one or just landed an additional hit or two of the multi-hit.

But seriously, inspiring play. Great job.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1

Easy kills if you read them doing an attack or airdodging.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Some random Samus Dittos between me and Lian that I saved, I do win all the ones in this vid but don't get me wrong Lian wins around 60% of our games, regardless should be some good 'high level' samus play in here

Last edited:

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
Played a super good Samus in the banned section of For Glory ( the banned players are all good, lol). I'll upload a few matches with him. And how about my disrespect montage #2? Bunch of short clips of me disrespecting people I come across...and with friends... Share that too, or stick with full matches? After all, this is a gameplay thread.

I'd even say it's an honor to be banned.
What the hell is the banned section of FG? How do you even know you're in it?

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
It's so called "for glory hell". You get there by being reported or other random stuff like targeting a single player in FFA. It has less total people in it and you'll see yourself repeating more matches. Or so I've heard. As much salt as I have harvested on FG, I don't think I've ever been put in report ban.

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Some random Samus Dittos between me and Lian that I saved, I do win all the ones in this vid but don't get me wrong Lian wins around 60% of our games, regardless should be some good 'high level' samus play in here

Who is this Lian? I didn't know there was a Samus outside the boards capable of beating Afro Smash 60% of the time...

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Those were some amazingly fast wins, wow!

I don't have much experience with skype and I feel I am missing out on a lot of good Samus strategies by not participating with the group. Is it like a big chat room?
Yep, it's a chat room.

Yeah I've considered making a skype account for the group. Is it pretty active?
It's pretty active and not often off topic. You can usually find a match for dittos (or whatever, there are some Samus secondaries in it, and some people with strong non-Samus game). Basically all the cool tech discovered in the group makes it to the boards one way or another. I wouldn't say you are missing anything knowledge wise, but it's way easier to arrange a match in the skype group than via the boards.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699

Im always amazed at how swift you move, and Lian is damn impressive too! Great vids!

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I all of a sudden started finding a bunch of complete, disrespectful a-holes who swore in the tags. Those guys are banned for being rude. You can also get banned from being reported too much. Yes, people will report you if you are all over them and show no mercy. That's what I'm there for. You also keep finding the same players over and over again. Found this one guy 24 times in a single day, and he kept leaving the room out of salt.

When I try to play For Fun, no one shows up ever. Only one person will, but we gotta wait a minute each time. And if you're playing too much while being banned, you will have an empty room for a bit. You just play with other banned players, but just limited. The people there for being rude will just report bomb you, making you stay in the "BANLANDS" even longer. I don't even play FG anymore because of that. I'd love to play with friends, but I cannot get matches started because I'm banned on Miiverse. And I've been checking the profiles of the people I've been facing. They all complain about finding the same people over and over again; they're banned. I've fought players who IMO should be banned, but they made posts questioning it. Basically, if I keep playing FG, I'll be off for good.

Anyone wanna add?

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse

Here's a couple videos I've finally got around to show demonstrating some upair utility around ledges. The first and second are 0-death setups, the third is a stage spike.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
heres a match I had against a very good villager
this was about mid way through our smash session and I started picking up momentum. and you dont see many fully charged F smashes hitting.

Last edited:

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
heres a match I had against a very good villager
this was about mid way through our smash session and I started picking up momentum. and you dont see many fully charged F smashes hitting.
Good use of bombs and missiles! The only thing I would have done is shield grab his fairs and bairs. Samus is one of the only characters who can do that (I think Link's is too short). It would have shut down his fair spam pretty fast.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Good use of bombs and missiles! The only thing I would have done is shield grab his fairs and bairs. Samus is one of the only characters who can do that (I think Link's is too short). It would have shut down his fair spam pretty fast.
yea, I try not to shield grab as much anymore but I see what you mean. And I lay bombs like nobodys business.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Just for fun guys, looking at the awesome vids in this page alone, to compare with a year ago before any meta (no insult to Chibo obviously):

Last edited:

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Samus should be able to get rage effect on her projectiles. And since they are not affected at all when you take a Mushrrom, they should never stale out. It's only fair, right?

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
hi folks, I'm new to the Samus forums. Recently I've been trying to play Samus for fun because I haven't seriously played a projectile-heavy character since Melee.

This match is one of my first FG victories with Samus (been travelling a lot so I can't break her out in bracket at local weeklies) that fell under the 3 minute time limit for the Nintendo upload method:

My favorite part is the bit starting around 2:00 in the video.

I'd like to mention that I threw out a lot of errant nairs in the match that I didn't mean to, something about the lag on FG not playing well with the c-stick.

I'm really hoping to improve my Samus play, I'm just a huge fan of coming from behind with characters nobody expects. Please help me learn the ways of not being bad.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
hi folks, I'm new to the Samus forums. Recently I've been trying to play Samus for fun because I haven't seriously played a projectile-heavy character since Melee.

This match is one of my first FG victories with Samus (been travelling a lot so I can't break her out in bracket at local weeklies) that fell under the 3 minute time limit for the Nintendo upload method:

I'd like to mention that I threw out a lot of errant nairs in the match that I didn't mean to, something about the lag on FG not playing well with the c-stick.

I'm really hoping to improve my Samus play, I'm just a huge fan of coming from behind with characters nobody expects. Please help me learn the ways of not being bad.
oh i feel you, every fast fall Uair i do ends up a fast fall Nair. so frustrating

as far as advice, what stands out to me, is your jabs and Fsmashes.
at low percents only use the first jab then throw in a dtilt or ftilt. our jab combo is Intentionally broken. Fsmash is powerful and a good kill option but only when its a surprise. charging it like that leaves you so open after the attack releases. fox just waited you out. try poking with your tilts and go for fsmash in opportunistic places, my fav, bomb behind opponent blows them into quick fsmash.

thats really it.. oh and if a fox is lasering just charge for a second and release. they dont expect it and they cant get out of laser fast enough. youll end up dealing = or > damage

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn

Nah, probably hit diagonal on the c-stick. Gotta watch your direction. Diagonal throws a nair (all four!).

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Nah, probably hit diagonal on the c-stick. Gotta watch your direction. Diagonal throws a nair (all four!).
well actually thats not always the case. fg lag causes so much shenanigans, 67% of the time it doesnt register c stick inputs. and it will turn any direction aerial, into nair with bad lag. its like the lag cant read the direction input and attack input from the c stick in lag at once, and its fighting over what was actually inputted, leaving your character standing freakin still.. ugh

this also happens in 8 player smash.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
You have to fire a bit before you hit the ground, difficult to explain over so you'll have to figure out precisely when yourself, but if samus lands before she fires its too late. It's easiest to see if you've done it with an uncharged shot too

Also unsure if firing out of a backflip increases the window, if somone could figure that out it'd be nice

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
oh i feel you, every fast fall Uair i do ends up a fast fall Nair. so frustrating

as far as advice, what stands out to me, is your jabs and Fsmashes.
at low percents only use the first jab then throw in a dtilt or ftilt. our jab combo is Intentionally broken. Fsmash is powerful and a good kill option but only when its a surprise. charging it like that leaves you so open after the attack releases. fox just waited you out. try poking with your tilts and go for fsmash in opportunistic places, my fav, bomb behind opponent blows them into quick fsmash.

thats really it.. oh and if a fox is lasering just charge for a second and release. they dont expect it and they cant get out of laser fast enough. youll end up dealing = or > damage
Thanks, I'll keep those things in mind.
Sometimes I think I'm hitting it wrong but it always appears to happen a lot more on FG than in local matches. In local matches I almost never do an accidental nair.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Thanks, I'll keep those things in mind.

Sometimes I think I'm hitting it wrong but it always appears to happen a lot more on FG than in local matches. In local matches I almost never do an accidental nair.
im telling you input lag causes shenanigans.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
You have to fire a bit before you hit the ground, difficult to explain over so you'll have to figure out precisely when yourself, but if samus lands before she fires its too late. It's easiest to see if you've done it with an uncharged shot too

Also unsure if firing out of a backflip increases the window, if somone could figure that out it'd be nice
Alright, so it is Samus's Lunar Landing. Although that's useless against Rosalina ironically. You gotta headshot her.
I'm sure others noticed this but if you do a N-air or B-air right as you land, there's no lag. Like NONE. No damage will be dealt, but you can clearly see the attack animation begin. Could be used for mindgames, making it look like you attacked them.

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
Alright, so it is Samus's Lunar Landing. Although that's useless against Rosalina ironically. You gotta headshot her.
I'm sure others noticed this but if you do a N-air or B-air right as you land, there's no lag. Like NONE. No damage will be dealt, but you can clearly see the attack animation begin. Could be used for mindgames, making it look like you attacked them.
I've never actually consciously tried to input a nair or bair as I land, but I have notice that sometimes when I input a bair as I'm close to landing, I'll hear the sound effect, but there will be no animation, and then I get punished. It's annoying.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529

All her aerials apart from Fair and Zair have autocancel windows at the very start, Nair + Bair have the biggest windows and their autocancel windows ends 1 frame before the hitbox comes out

Last edited:

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be using clips of this in my next video but this was too awesome not to share early

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Top Bottom