• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Says: There might be new news soon!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I hope so much that they will confirm more new characters, like Dedede or Ridley. Even if just for the sake of watching a hundred people here verbally cream themselves when their favorites are in.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im sure well get either a new: Mario character, zelda character, metroid character (doubt metroid but maybe) or a sf character, or a character the series a returning character they show in the next trailer...

STRYKS'S AMAZING 3RD TRAILER THEORY!
<Super long, do not read if u lack reading skills and/or very lazy...>

U c Fox, samus, DK, and Yoshi running, just like in the 1st trailer, the show theyre new more detailed looks, and then they show some moves, including supers, then the music starts to calm down, and U hear "I got u now fox!" Fox reacts and looks to the sky, sees Wolf who starts shooting at the stage, the wolfen takes off and Wolf comes out, wolf then shows his claw-based moveset...

Just when u think he took everyone down, something pulls his tail, he quickly turns and sees no one, looks down and receives a dropkick to da face, u c its diddy, then u c fast pace moves from diddy, keepin wolf unbalanced, then U hear a voice: "Tsk tsk, cmon boys..." diddy and wolf turned to c where the voice is comin from "BEHAVE!" u c its midna, who uses her hair like giant spikes or something who now seperates the two, and starts using some magic, and showing some of her moves...

All the characters are now fighting, including the ones from the beggining (its a cinema) then u hear a huge roar, everyone looks at the sky, and u c none other than ridley, u can c samus look of shock trough her visor, ridley crashes to the ground with everyone takin slow steps backwards, while giving a menacing voice (he would be just a tad taller than bowser, but do u REALLY want to get close to THAT?!) Suddenly samus takes a step forward, everyone looks at each other, and they take a step forward as well, ridley loks surpise, then they all jump forward ready to fight, when the scene ends...

U c the super smash bros brawl logo...

U c in 1st person view of the newcomer, u c hes soraing or fliying or whatever trought mountain tops at fast speed...
Newcomer: Doc... doc u there?
Dr: I hear u rock, the video aint workin, I cant c u, but I hear u loud and clear, u almost at ur destination?
NC: Yeah doc, its just, u think I should do this?
Dr: U were invited to SSBB, its time to show off ur moves, I know ur kinda nervous, but ull do just fine...
NC: ... Alrite, Ill give it my all doc, ull be proud, rock over and out...

The newcomer lands on a mountain, u can c from there the battlefield stage, with samus, dk, fox and yoshi fighting...
NC: sorry boy, where im going, I gotta go alone...
U hear a sad dog moaning, makin u know the sad dog noise
NC: dont worry boy, ill be back...

The camera takes overtop now at battlefield, u c samus know hitting a full charged charge beam, she quickly turns, and goes straight at fox, enter the cinema here, and blue light crashes on the middle of the stage, between samus and fox, its none other than megaman, with a more detailed armor, and a little older looking, he looks at both at samus on one side, and then at fox on the other, fox preparing his laser, and samus slowly lifting her canon, megaman sees this, his arms transform into busters, he points and both of them...

Megaman: Bring it!

Trailer ends...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
By the way, Japan is about 14 hours ahead of USA (EST), so if he posts some news in Japanese on the 1 year anniversery, he MIGHT do it on Wednesday instead (although Brawl was originally announced in America, so it still might be on Thursday).

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
I just want Mario and Sonic to duke it out by the end. That would be freakin sweet.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Happy because most ppl who have been speculating here for the few past months will shut up as new news forcefully mean confirming or contradicting some nonsensical theories you guys have been pondering about for so **** long. I can hardly stand this section anymore.

Sad because you guys won't stop anyways =[.

The Director

Smash Lord
By the way, Japan is about 14 hours ahead of USA (EST)
So when news breaks, it will most likely happen in the middle of the night (I'm in NY) since Japan is so far ahead?

I've often found myself looking for Brawl news online at about 2 or 3 in the morning thinking, "...what time is it in Japan?" :)

Plomid

Smash Ace
9th of may has been floating around the net......
*checks calender*
oh wait thats today!
the plot thickens:crazy:
Im sure well get either a new: Mario character, zelda character, metroid character (doubt metroid but maybe) or a sf character, or a character the series a returning character they show in the next trailer...

U c Fox, samus, DK, and Yoshi running, just like in the 1st trailer, the show theyre new more detailed looks, and then they show some moves, including supers, then the music starts to calm down, and U hear "I got u now fox!" Fox reacts and looks to the sky, sees Wolf who starts shooting at the stage, the wolfen takes off and Wolf comes out, wolf then shows his claw-based moveset...

Just when u think he took everyone down, something pulls his tail, he quickly turns and sees no one, looks down and receives a dropkick to da face, u c its diddy, then u c fast pace moves from diddy, keepin wolf unbalanced, then U hear a voice: "Tsk tsk, cmon boys..." diddy and wolf turned to c where the voice is comin from "BEHAVE!" u c its midna, who uses her hair like giant spikes or something who now seperates the two, and starts using some magic, and showing some of her moves...

All the characters are now fighting, including the ones from the beggining (its a cinema) then u hear a huge roar, everyone looks at the sky, and u c none other than ridley, u can c samus look of shock trough her visor, ridley crashes to the ground with everyone takin slow steps backwards, while giving a menacing voice (he would be just a tad taller than bowser, but do u REALLY want to get close to THAT?!) Suddenly samus takes a step forward, everyone looks at each other, and they take a step forward as well, ridley loks surpise, then they all jump forward ready to fight, when the scene ends...

U c in 1st person view of the newcomer, u c hes soraing or fliying or whatever trought mountain tops at fast speed...
Dr: I hear u rock, the video aint workin, I cant c u, but I hear u loud and clear, u almost at ur destination?
Dr: U were invited to SSBB, its time to show off ur moves, I know ur kinda nervous, but ull do just fine...

The newcomer lands on a mountain, u can c from there the battlefield stage, with samus, dk, fox and yoshi fighting...

The camera takes overtop now at battlefield, u c samus know hitting a full charged charge beam, she quickly turns, and goes straight at fox, enter the cinema here, and blue light crashes on the middle of the stage, between samus and fox, its none other than megaman, with a more detailed armor, and a little older looking, he looks at both at samus on one side, and then at fox on the other, fox preparing his laser, and samus slowly lifting her canon, megaman sees this, his arms transform into busters, he points and both of them...

Trailer ends...
ohh my god i got something warm in my pants!
and i dont think its apple juice.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Eh, the new trailor will probably just show gameplay footage of the known characters + Fox and then reveal Newcomer Yoshi at the end.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to end up disappointed with no news again.

GenG

Smash Lord
I think he meant the E3 as "soon"...

But since he said he "should", it must be a situation where he deliberately choose to show that info, as opposed as "have to" show something in the E3. Anything could happen, if not tomorrow, maybe anytime in May.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

Trailer ends...
It's good. And I like how you did the megaman thing, he definitely deserves the spot. I also like the Ridley bit. Maybe too many new characters for the next trailer, but GOD I HOPE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS!

icymatt

Smash Lord
They willl most likely not show any new-new characters, as they will all probably be hidden, and they wouldn't want to spoil that much of the game months before release.

I expect to see some screens showing off the rest of the returning starting line-up (Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Peach, Bowser, and Zelda being the most likely), gameplay shots (with stock, %s, and items), and more stages.

At E3, we'll almost certainly get a new trailer and possibly a playable demo.

The website will likely start getting updated regularly this summer, which is around the same time the Japanese Melee site was being updated.

Edit: I also think it's worth noting that the Snake vs. Zombie event happened three weeks ago.

The Bino

Smash Lord

Trailer ends...

Definitely hottness right here, similar to what i was thinking about the trailer, but i would've left out Ridley and Midna, but other than that it was basically right on the money good job man

The Director

Smash Lord
Unless the game gets delayed, we will most definately have a playable demo at E3. It's the big trade show right before the game's release.

Since Kojima played Brawl, I have no doubt that E3 will give us a playable demo and PLENTY of reaction!

Croco

Smash Lord
A single screenshot of a new stage would make my day.
Would be cool if characters are revealed once a week at the SSBB DoJo site with silhouettes.
"That looks like Yoshi.."
"No that looks like DK.."

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
By the way, Japan is about 14 hours ahead of USA (EST), so if he posts some news in Japanese on the 1 year anniversery, he MIGHT do it on Wednesday instead (although Brawl was originally announced in America, so it still might be on Thursday).
Bah, not unless they do the update/show the stuff at early morning. So I still expect the news when I get from school tomorrow. I dunno why, but I'm too starting to lose hope on seeing news. If they don't show anything Sakurai WILL be shot multiple times in the face.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Bah, not unless they do the update/show the stuff at early morning.
Which has almost always been the case. When the site was updated regularly way back when, it'd update around 9:30PM PST. 'Course you might not live in the US so your statement may apply to you.
If they don't show anything Sakurai WILL be shot multiple times in the face.
An E3 demo would be nice, but you know what would be even better? If Nintendo put the demo on the Wii Shop Channel so we could download it!
Which would mean the Demo Channel would be flooded, no one would be able to download anything, and we'd have to rely on some *****'s *****y *** impressions.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
They should make one returning character the main topic of this next trailer. Then at the very end, instead of showing us a newcomer, they should show is the "/!\ Challenger Appoaching" screen with the silhouette of a newcomer. That would be way better for Smash news starved addicts AND the forums.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
^^^^^^Exactly
That was what I was thinking 2 hours ago. That would be awesome.
What will be the style of the new"A new foe has appeared" screen?
It changed from 64 to Melee right?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yes a little bit. It's a black silhouette of a character on a blue screen with the warning to the side on a purple spiraling backdrop in SSB64. Then in Melee it was a black silhouette on a translucent blue screen with a different warning to the (opposite) side (I think) and a multicolored, though still mainly purple spiraling backdrop.

kaid

Smash Master
I still say, the only really proper way to show Sonic is in Brawl, is for Yuji Naka to be invited on stage during the nintendo press conference and be handed a controller.

Team game, 5 minute match, items, Team Nintendo (Miamoto & Sakurai, Mario and Metaknight) Vs Team Guest (Yuji Naka & Kojima, Sonic & Snake)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I still say, the only really proper way to show Sonic is in Brawl, is for Yuji Naka to be invited on stage during the nintendo press conference and be handed a controller.

Team game, 5 minute match, items, Team Nintendo (Miamoto & Sakurai, Mario and Metaknight) Vs Team Guest (Yuji Naka & Kojima, Sonic & Snake)
Oh my god that would be sweet! I can picture it now...

Sakurai- "Welcome to the Brawl press conference at E3. I will be telling you about some of the things newly released for Brawl. (Gives a short Smash history recap, tells of some new items and stages, confirmed returning characters, confirmed newcomers, etc.). Also I have a demo to show you all, just a short competative match for fun to show new mechanics... but I'm not going to play alone, I'll need the help of an old friend."

Miyamoto- "Herro, I am Miyamoto."

Sakurai- "This is Miyamoto."

Miyamoto- "I, Miyamoto, wirr pray with you Sakurai."

Sakurai- "Thank you Miyamoto."

Miyamoto- (awkward pause)

Sakurai- "Well just a 2 player match is fun, but we should get some more friends for this to truly show off how fun this game will be."

Kojima- "I would like to play. I'll be Snake."

Sakurai- "No sh;t. Alright, I was hoping to play teams, but 2 on 1 isn't fair..."

Yuji- "***** I'm down yo! Lemme in dis sh;t!"

(Loud uproar from the crowd)

Sakurai- "Haha surely! You can play... but who will you be?"

("Woo!"s and "Ow!"s from the crowd)

Miyamoto- (Still awkwardly paused)

Yuji- "Foo, I'm gonna be Sonic! **** you ignant!"

(LOUD freakin' uproar from the crowd)

Sakurai- "Oh, right sorry." (smirk) "Ok let's play!"

(Some Mario and Kirby vs Snake and Sonic action goes down. It's wicked awesome. Everyone goes crazy, some guy in the crowd gets ***** and stabbed... conference is let out..)
(... conference is continued the following day!)

Sakurai- "Well, if you promise not to do that again I'll give a release date."

Crowd (Simultaneously)- "Promise!"

Sakurai- "Right now!" (Throws copies out into the chairs! Yay! Stores reveal they've had them the whole time! I get one! Yay!)

THE END :chuckle:

Top Bottom