• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai "aiming to make Super Smash Bros. best character game in the world"

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
if Mii Brawler's moves are any indication, the Swordsmen miis would only have generic slash attacks, which is easy to outclass; but if you wanna saythey are the most unique just because they get more moves than other character; so i'd wager they are more unique than megaman or MGW. lol

what a joke of a logic
Looks like someone missed one of the June POTD. :laugh:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
adding for glory=caring about the competieve side to some people. Read his interviews he is only focused on the new player experience everyone else is chopped liver. WFT isn't that bad she was random but she has a great moveset. The gameplay is the most important aspect of smash for me. New entrys are more limited than older ones sadly.
I feel like that's a pretty biased statement. Sure, we don't know if the game will be as competitive as Melee, but I feel like the new characters have a LOT more variety than last entries.

Rosalina uses a puppeteering aspect, which is new.

Little Mac is the first character we've had which is much more solid on the ground than in the air.

Palutena is a fantastic keepaway character which will be a pain to deal with in the right hands.

The Miis have an insane amount of moves and customizations.

Robin is our first ever ammo character, where moves are limited and have to recharge.

Pac-Man is a projectile heavy character with a side B that allows him to draw a trail and follow it anywhere he wants.

Wii Fit Trainer can heal herself and boost her attack power with a well-timed move.

It's like every single newcomer is unique in some way, and I love it. They all feel like really solid additions to the roster, even moreso than some past character additions. To say the new entries are limited seems very closed-minded to me. They may not be the characters everyone is requesting, but they are certainly unique and different, bringing new gameplay styles to Smash.

Renji64

Smash Lord
smash bros. 4 is going to be a great game. so much content and nostalgia. so far it looks great even with gameplay mechanics being balanced. it doesn't matter what other people say, smash 4 will be its own game with its own fanbase. my hope for it is that people will come to accept the change for the better and build a competitive fanbase around it rather than try to mod it for their own needs. i've come to respect sakurai for all the work he's done. i don't think i would've been able to tolerate all the things he would have to do to try to please both sides of smash bros, casual and competitive.

Rev up those modifications becuase this game will most likely need it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nitpicking is stupid. The Smash series is an amazing celebration of all things Nintendo. If a handful of characters requested by fans didn't get in, that doesn't mean Sakurai failed.

Sheesh.
I'm just gonna leave this out here.

If somebody on the development team nitpicked random tripping in Brawl HARDER, it probably wouldn't exist.

4 staff members nitpicked Sakurai about the SSE being awful in Brawl and not wanting it back in Smash 4, and he either fired them or removed them from the Smash 4 development team.

Other people stood up for them, and let him know it was an awful idea to keep around, especially the folks working on the game from Bamco.

If you don't nitpick, you don't improve.

Of course, by "nitpicking" I don't mean "be a straight up jerk about it".

Renji64

Smash Lord
I feel like that's a pretty biased statement. Sure, we don't know if the game will be as competitive as Melee, but I feel like the new characters have a LOT more variety than last entries.

Rosalina uses a puppeteering aspect, which is new.

Little Mac is the first character we've had which is much more solid on the ground than in the air.

Palutena is a fantastic keepaway character which will be a pain to deal with in the right hands.

The Miis have an insane amount of moves and customizations.

Robin is our first ever ammo character, where moves are limited and have to recharge.

Pac-Man is a projectile heavy character with a side B that allows him to draw a trail and follow it anywhere he wants.

Wii Fit Trainer can heal herself and boost her attack power with a well-timed move.

It's like every single newcomer is unique in some way, and I love it. They all feel like really solid additions to the roster, even moreso than some past character additions. To say the new entries are limited seems very closed-minded to me. They may not be the characters everyone is requesting, but they are certainly unique and different, bringing new gameplay styles to Smash.
The diverse styles is the best aspect of this game the roster is really good i'll give credit where it is due.

Senario

Smash Ace
He would need more then 55 characters to beat Marvel vs Capcom 2, which is currently the best character game in the world right now.
And it would need to be competitively viable too to take MvC for a ride. Lol

Sometimes I think sakurai actually does not care about the competitive community. He probably thinks for glory mode is enough and he doesn't need to make other changes. NoA cares, and they understand that these fans are really dedicated. I do hope they can relay the feedback from E3 but there is a lot of lack of oversight over sakurai. It feels like NoJ lets him do whatever he wants without oversight. Jist like how well known movie directors sometimes arent given oversight then write something kinda bad due to lack of peer review.

He has made good character games for a while but 64 and melee were the only ones that appealed to everybody. And dont say "oh but I like brawl better" be truthful, during the life cycle of both 64 and melee you probably liked those two games most Because brawl wasn't out. They were solid games that everybody could love whether you are playing with friends or playing to win.

A shame a lot of fighting games are going away for various reasons. No more marvel due to the licensing and marvel making a cruddy iphone game with it. Smash needs to prove that its new installment will be good enough for the majority of the competitive community to adopt (like how marvel 3 was adopted). So many people are gonna be mad lol. So many Sakurai fanboys. To be fair if brawl had not been the major disappointment for me i probably would trust him more. I was way too hyped for that game.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
OK now you're just putting words into my mouth I never even said. I'm not looking for an argument, you are.
I'm sorry if I misrepresented your sentiments. But it is easy for me to take offense when you make categorical statements about an entire fanbase in an off-handed comment like you did. Maybe you weren't implying all that, but it was a really poor way to express yourself, coming from a Mewtwo fan.

Booster

Smash Lord
And it would need to be competitively viable too to take MvC for a ride. Lol

Sometimes I think sakurai actually does not care about the competitive community. He probably thinks for glory mode is enough and he doesn't need to make other changes. NoA cares, and they understand that these fans are really dedicated. I do hope they can relay the feedback from E3 but there is a lot of lack of oversight over sakurai. It feels like NoJ lets him do whatever he wants without oversight. Jist like how well known movie directors sometimes arent given oversight then write something kinda bad due to lack of peer review.

He has made good character games for a while but 64 and melee were the only ones that appealed to everybody. And dont say "oh but I like brawl better" be truthful, during the life cycle of both 64 and melee you probably liked those two games most Because brawl wasn't out. They were solid games that everybody could love whether you are playing with friends or playing to win.

A shame a lot of fighting games are going away for various reasons. No more marvel due to the licensing and marvel making a cruddy iphone game with it. Smash needs to prove that its new installment will be good enough for the majority of the competitive community to adopt (like how marvel 3 was adopted). So many people are gonna be mad lol. So many Sakurai fanboys. To be fair if brawl had not been the major disappointment for me i probably would trust him more. I was way too hyped for that game.
Maybe Smash 4 can be competitive without being intentionally designed to be competitive. But there still needs to be a minimum of 56 characters and be competitive to go against MvC2

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace

If somebody on the development team nitpicked random tripping in Brawl HARDER, it probably wouldn't exist.

4 staff members nitpicked Sakurai about the SSE being awful in Brawl and not wanting it back in Smash 4, and he either fired them or removed them from the Smash 4 development team.

Other people stood up for them, and let him know it was an awful idea to keep around, especially the folks working on the game from Bamco.

Calling attention to serious issues such as tripping and SSE isn't nitpicking. Nitpicking is letting small, negligible issues give you a reason to pout, and that's exactly what's going on in this thread.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

But is there a reason for Nitpicking for '______' not being on the game?

Senario

Smash Ace
Maybe Smash 4 can be competitive without being intentionally designed to be competitive. But there still needs to be a minimum of 56 characters and be competitive to go against MvC2
Nintendo needs more characters to take marvel for ride lol. I honestly really enjoy watching marvel due to loving marvel comics and movies. Though I am very bad at it. I can never figure out the assist system.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not sure if Sakurai has already achieved that, I am more fond of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3's roster. It had more "iconic" characters in my subjective opinion. More variety as well. Smash is padded by a lot of irrelevant series to be utterly honest.

Of course, the final roster could sway my opinion. However, getting four iconic retro characters is not enough for me to consider it the "best character game."

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Once Mewtwo is added, it will be nothing short of perfect.
We'll see.
Edit:
Oh...and Ridley. I know how much people want him as well. Gotta be considerate here....

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's always the problem with character based judgments. To me it already beats the MvC3 for me because I play a little attention to most of the Marvel Franchises nor Capcom outside of a few select franchises on each side while I recognize every character in the smash brothers franchise.

It's probably one of the most subjective thing about any crossover game in existence.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really don't see what is separating this thread from the usual Melee vs. Brawl vs. Smash 4 threads. Doesn't look like the thread was intended that way, but it sure has gone there.

Anyways, for me, I was already quite satisfied with Brawl's roster, and since most of the feared cuts are back, the new characters are just the icing on the cake.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Well, what does Sakurai get after he does his best to get some great characters in smash 4?
'Best character game? Please, where's _________? Until they're in, it's not the best character game. And why do we have ________?'
It's fine to want a character or hate a character, but really? Just because a character want isn't in the game (from what we know) or a character you don't like is in the game, doesn't mean it isn't a good character game.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
One thing I'd like to say about Lucina is that she never would have been put into the game, if she wasn't a clone. As Sakurai said, Chrom was never even planned to be in the game, so she also didn't hurt his chances. By Book, Blade, and Crest of Flame wouldn't have anything to do with Lucina, and would only include Robin had she not been a clone. This is because Lucina barely took any development time, so it was pretty easy to shove her in the game. I'm perfectly fine with Lucina being in the game as a clone, mostly because we got our Fire Emblem newcomer, so Lucina is in the game to be in the game, and isn't taking anyone's spot, hence Robin being in the game. Lucina also is basically how she should be, as she does try to mimic Marth, so...
she would be an alt, AKA, playable

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
none of the story but the chapters where Robin was mind controlled revolve around Robin. Valdar didn't need Robin in this timeline, Grima already had a vessel (which was robin, but another Robin, ok). the sotry doesn't revlove around ANYONE, it revolves solely around the fire emblem.

gangrel wanted the Fire Emblem, Validar wanted the fire emblem, can considering walhart kept the Vert gemstone and safeguarded Tiki (which had azure), i'm sure he was planning on getting the other 3 gemstones and the actual FE as he went through the other continent.

And no, Chrom wasn't pushed to the side at any point. quick recap of the grima arc AKA spoilers:

1- Chrom wants the last gemstone, Sable, to safekeep the FE. meets with Validar; later he and Mind Controled!Robin have a brawl over the damn shield. Both guys are important. IIRC in this chapter the murderous Lucina event happens, everyone is important here in a way (because this event is meaningless overall, since nothing truly happened)
2- the shepherds want to enter the dragon table, Aversa and the deadlords block their path: nobody is noteworthy.
3- The premonition coming true, vs validar, both guys are important.
4- Chrom is trying to get exalted Falchion, and is the only important party in this chapter besides Naga, i guess.
5- Another Aversa chpater of un-noteworthiness.
endgame- Both characters are important, Robin more so.

Overall, the Walhart and Gangrel arcs revolved much more around Chrom than Robin (if we can even say the Walhart arc revolved around ANYONE besides say'ri...)

Not to mention Chrom's passive role as the Leader is a more important and noteworthy role than that of Robin's Tactician role

now, for the Mario reps: Bowser Jr is more important than you think, to the point of being the MAJOR VILLAIn (just like Ridley in his normal games) of Sunshine and the first NSMB (where he lead the koopa troop himself after bowser died ingame, AKA 90% of the damn game); which is a more noteworthy role than Rosalina had in both galaxy games, since she did basically nothing during most of G1, being only relevant at the ending and prologue... and was basically an extra in 2, doing nothing truly noteworthy.

and that's obviously not considering Bowser Jr did more stuff in the galaxy games than Rosalina. Sadly, Playable > Villain, but If we are to believe Aonuma, 3DW should've had a lesser development cycle than Smash, and as such Sakurai decided on Rosalian being playable fore that decision was made for 3DW. and villain > story NPC. That's obviously ignoring that Jr also had a lot of roles in previous Mario games, specifically NSMBW which outsold both Galaxy games TOGETHER. (why did my font shrink?!?!)

As for toad, i suppose being in almost all mairo games ever, being plaayble in 3, including one of the most succesful games ever: NSMBW, and having bigger roles than Roslaina in all non-galaxy games they were in together (especially 3dW) is
meaningless.

He outclassed Jr too, which is why i don't want him in smash right now., though he is a better
choice than Rosalina. As for your metroid-theme insult; I want Ridley. I wanted both him AND Dark Samus tho, but i'm fine with Ridley alone. Sylux and Rundas would be cool, though
undeserving
Your font probably shrank because your arguments are wearing thin, Robin always participates directly in the story...also...I stopped taking you seriously when you compared NSMBWii's sales againist Galaxy's masterpiece quality. Rosalina has a pretty sweet backstory (Although Bowser Jr. also has a kind-of-interesting story in Sunshine) and she brings a different style of character to the Mario Universe, she's stoic, calm and motherly compared to how over-the-top and always-cheerful the Mario Universe tends to be, she's also extremely popular with fans (Although Toad does have that) and she's really pretty :3 Rosalina's the best Mario Universe newcomer we could've gotten.

And, like Palutena, she doesn't only represent her own character, but she represents her signature game perfectly, Rosalina representing Galaxy and Palutena representing Uprising, both amazing games that are deserving of a character to represent them alone. Although I agree that Chrom could've been interesting, Robin represents Awakening much better since he/she IS the player, most of the emotions felt through the story are felt by the player's avatar, and he/she's a Fire Emblem magic user, something people have been demanding since Smash4 speculation started. And Lucina was going to be an alternate costume and then she was turned into a character, she took like, 5% of the development time a full-on newcomer takes, so you can't complain about her 'taking a spot' or some bull**** like that.
she would be an alt, AKA, playable
So you're OK with a major character from a major game being reduced to an alt but you're not OK with her getting a slight tweak and being used to bulk up the roster a little? Get this through your thick skull, if the roster number was going to be 50 at the start, Lucina's not one of those 50, she's the 51th.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I really don't see what is separating this thread from the usual Melee vs. Brawl vs. Smash 4 threads. Doesn't look like the thread was intended that way, but it sure has gone there.

Anyways, for me, I was already quite satisfied with Brawl's roster, and since most of the feared cuts are back, the new characters are just the icing on the cake.
It really wasn't intended to, but as most threads, it got de-railed.

I'm not sure how an interview with Sakurai about making Smash Bros. a great character game turned into how Sakurai should change the whole engine of the game. I don't understand how this forum works sometimes...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

I was under the impression that any thread can turn into that around here if giving enough time and the right combination of individuals. Kind of like poking at a sleeping bear.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
“The new Smash Bros. is being developed by Bandai Namco Games and one of Namco’s most famous characters is of course, Heihachi.”

Was that another crack at PSASBR? Oh Sakurai, you slay me. :rotfl:

I actually thought this was a really neat article, and I think he's succeeded, if we're looking at characters alone. Saying "the game lacks X, so he's wrong." is just personal bias, frankly.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Just curious, out of all the people crying for Mewtwo, how many bothered to main him in Melee, or even his buffed PM version? It's essentially a reaction of "Oh, cool, another character slot".
I mained Mewtwo and Donkey Kong in Melee. I loved it. Needless to say, I never became all that great at Melee. I never went out and won any tournaments, heck, I was never even best on the block, so to speak. But Mewtwo was my favorite character and I loved everything about him, and I tried my best with him. To this day, it is why people like Taj and M2K are the ones I secretly root for in tournaments. I don't know them. Neither of them wins all that often, unless the venue is small or local. But I feel that comraderie with them because we share a love for a cartoon character. That is how Smash fandom works, sometimes.

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379

Source?

In fact, a lot of this thread is lacking sources. I see "SSE took 70% of the game's dev time!" and "SSE took 60% of the game's dev time!" along with this, with nothing to back it up.

This isn't a discussion, it's more like making stuff up to bash Brawl and bringing the thread even more off-topic.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Your font probably shrank because your arguments are wearing thin, Robin always participates directly in the story...also...I stopped taking you seriously when you compared NSMBWii's sales againist Galaxy's masterpiece quality. Rosalina has a pretty sweet backstory (Although Bowser Jr. also has a kind-of-interesting story in Sunshine) and she brings a different style of character to the Mario Universe, she's stoic, calm and motherly compared to how over-the-top and always-cheerful the Mario Universe tends to be, she's also extremely popular with fans (Although Toad does have that) and she's really pretty :3 Rosalina's the best Mario Universe newcomer we could've gotten.

And, like Palutena, she doesn't only represent her own character, but she represents her signature game perfectly, Rosalina representing Galaxy and Palutena representing Uprising, both amazing games that are deserving of a character to represent them alone. Although I agree that Chrom could've been interesting, Robin represents Awakening much better since he/she IS the player, most of the emotions felt through the story are felt by the player's avatar, and he/she's a Fire Emblem magic user, something people have been demanding since Smash4 speculation started. And Lucina was going to be an alternate costume and then she was turned into a character, she took like, 5% of the development time a full-on newcomer takes, so you can't complain about her 'taking a spot' or some bull**** like that.

So you're OK with a major character from a major game being reduced to an alt but you're not OK with her getting a slight tweak and being used to bulk up the roster a little? Get this through your thick skull, if the roster number was going to be 50 at the start, Lucina's not one of those 50, she's the 51th.
Except not directly, not that Chrom does much stuff either, since awakening's plot is quite the mess. He has a passive importance via his job, but so does Chrom... and both are funnily enough outclassed by the fire emblem.

i know galaxy is a quality game, but it's undeniable NSMBW is a bigger success and would deserve more importance than Galaxy. rosalina doesn't represent galaxy perfect: she never could've. SHE IS NOT PLAYABLE IN THAT GAME. Mario represents Galaxy more than enough. Noteworthy fact: she doesn't even have the star spin in smash, how is that even close to perfect SMG representation, mister? Especially since she is horribly OOC by putting lumas in danger and using them as slaves, which is completely against her motherly image.

it seems you are too busy doting your waifu to face the reality that she was in 3 out 20+ games of the main series, and with spin offs, that should be 12 out of 100+ games. toad in comparison is in almost all spin offs AND main game, jr is in almost half of both sides of the spectrum.

rosalina doesn't offer anything especial in personality either: She is stoic in main games, and a happy-go-lucky girl in spin offs. EXACTLY like peach in broader terms. Personality mean nothing either way, see MGW.

Robin is meant to be the player but he actually isn't, see Noire's recruitment. But that doesn't really matter, player or not, he is not the protagonist.

i'm not against the reasoning over Lucina getting her own slot, i know she didn't take any roster spots. the problem is, she is there when Chrom isn't. Alt or CLone, it doesn't matter, Lucina being playable in any form is only acceptable once both Robin AND chrom are playable.

i prefer her as a clone merely on the grounds that she isn't Marth and has no business being his alt if she truly isn't the same being.

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
In fact, a lot of this thread is lacking sources. I see "SSE took 70% of the game's dev time!" and "SSE took 60% of the game's dev time!" along with this, with nothing to back it up.
Even without %s, you would be naive to think it didnt took a lot of juice from the develoment team. It was a massive single plyer mode in a game that is focused on free for all party battles.

They had to create a story and use a team to do the aount of cutscenes it had, not to mention the cost of the production.

If you think it was done in a week, then you are wrong.

Would like the source of this too.

But it would not surprise me. The SSE , even when it was a crappy idea, had a lot of details and at first glance you could see it was time consuming to do. No wonder some emebers were vocal about repeating that mistake.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I haven't been through the entire thread, so I don't know if this has been brought up, but this is amazing:

“The new Smash Bros. is being developed by Bandai Namco Games and one of Namco’s most famous characters is of course, Heihachi.” Sakurai cracks a smile. “Just kidding. As he has such a long history, we did our best to bring Pac-Man into the series.”

Someone likes trolling Playstation All Stars.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I'm sorry if I misrepresented your sentiments. But it is easy for me to take offense when you make categorical statements about an entire fanbase in an off-handed comment like you did. Maybe you weren't implying all that, but it was a really poor way to express yourself, coming from a Mewtwo fan.
All I said was "I'll never understand mewtwo fans". It's not like I said I hope you all die in a fire. I think you're taking what I said to the extreme. I love Ness. This game will be great even is he isn't added to the roster which I doubt will happen. I've played with many people that played Ness in the early 2000's(from 64 to melee) even though he wasn't a great character tier wise like Mewtwo. Personally, and this is just speaking for myself and not the whole community obviously; I barely ever saw Mewtwo get played even with pokemon at its peak. I traveled from malls, gaming centers, tournaments at houses all over Florida which is a huge state. No one gave a damn about mewtwo. No one played him in Florida at any tournament I ever went to casually or competetively. So when I come to the boards and see people up in arms over Mewtwo not being added I wonder what the big hype is. I'm an old man so maybe pokemon is more popular than it was ten years ago. I don't know, I don't keep up with the franchise.

The following picture is a picture I drew in about 40 seconds(which is about how much time is spent on most pokemon desingns). Add a few bells and whistles to stick'mon and he'll be every young mans dream. I tried watching pokemon- It was like watching a bunch of little Helen Keller cute animals walking around that once in a while showed some human'eqsue like emotions that people go gaga over. Not for me. I need more depth than def and dumb animals banging their own heads on a wall. To each their own though. Hope you enjoy my picture.

Nintendo needs more characters to take marvel for ride lol. I honestly really enjoy watching marvel due to loving marvel comics and movies. Though I am very bad at it. I can never figure out the assist system.
It can be overwhelming at first but it's all just timing. With any fighting game you have your top tier characters and watching the tournament footage like evo2014 can get boring in top 8 brackets. That's why people go raving nuts for players like Amsa using Yoshi. It brings a fresh feeling to the game. Personally in UMVC3 I play hulk on point, Akuma second and Chris anchor. Akuma is the only "mid-high" tier character I play.

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379
Even without %s, you would be naive to think it didnt took a lot of juice from the develoment team. It was a massive single plyer mode in a game that is focused on free for all party battles.

They had to create a story and use a team to do the aount of cutscenes it had, not to mention the cost of the production.

If you think it was done in a week, then you are wrong.
I completely agree, SSE took a lot more resources than it was worth and I wanted it gone for Smash 4 (so they could focus on everything else). But I'm seeing numbers being thrown around as if they're fact - and there's no way SSE is anywhere close to 70%.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Honestly, Megaman, Pac-man, and Sonic are the perfect 3rd-party representation for a video game crossover, especially a Nintendo one. Smash has always been ahead of everyone else as far as crossovers containing only video game characters are concerned, and with these reps, nothing else comes remotely close. Once you expand it to include non-video game characters, things become more complicated, as very few video game characters can really compete with classic comic book and movie icons in terms of name recognition. Disney could probably pull off a Disney x Marvel x Star Wars game that could beat anything Nintendo's got in terms of star power, if not actual gameplay.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
As much as I hate the WFT and will make her my personal punching bag this smash
Screw Mewtwo. :laugh:
But seriously, Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and PAC-Man will be more iconic than Mewtwo will probably ever be.
1.) Wii Fit Trainer, though her game solid well, is as far from iconic as you can get. Yeah, she's unique, but most Nintendo characters are freakish enough to begin with. It's just a random character someone thought up. You might as well be adding Purdy from Zelda:TP because it's a character no one remembers or cares about, unlike the obvious Links and Pikachus
I know you guys hate a character, but don't announce it as if you were giving the people who actually like the character a slap to the face.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Smash will be da best character game when they include Ridley and K Rool. Samurai iz stupid if he doesn't add them, cuz they deserve more than anybody else. Without them, Smash will suck and I'll never forgive Samurai for being so stupid, and if u don't see the point of adding them your stupid too.

(Disclaimer: this is a joke.)

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I know you guys hate a character, but don't announce it as if you were giving the people who actually like the character a slap to the face.
What? :laugh:
Seriously though, how does it sound like that? If anything I want to slap the character in smash. :laugh:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It seems you are too busy doting your waifu to face the reality that she was in 3 out 20+ games of the main series, and with spin offs, that should be 12 out of 100+ games. toad in comparison is in almost all spin offs AND main game, jr is in almost half of both sides of the spectrum.
Oh I'm facing the reality, I'm facing the undisputable reality that Rosalina's playable in Smash4 and Toad & Bowser Jr. aren't, how's that for a reality check? I love how you think character importance can be measured with only game numbers...if that made any sense, then Ridley would've made the cut before Zero Suit Samus because she's been in like 4 games and Ridley has only missed two. But things don't work like that, for better, or for worse, but in Rosa's case, for the better, because her fans are happy that she managed to make the cut.
All I said was "I'll never understand mewtwo fans". It's not like I said I hope you all die in a fire. I think you're taking what I said to the extreme. I love Ness. This game will be great even is he isn't added to the roster which I doubt will happen. I've played with many people that played Ness in the early 2000's(from 64 to melee) even though he wasn't a great character tier wise like Mewtwo. Personally, and this is just speaking for myself and not the whole community obviously; I barely ever saw Mewtwo get played even with pokemon at its peak. I traveled from malls, gaming centers, tournaments at houses all over Florida which is a huge state. No one gave a damn about mewtwo. No one played him in Florida at any tournament I ever went to casually or competetively. So when I come to the boards and see people up in arms over Mewtwo not being added I wonder what the big hype is. I'm an old man so maybe pokemon is more popular than it was ten years ago. I don't know, I don't keep up with the franchise.

The following picture is a picture I drew in about 40 seconds(which is about how much time is spent on most pokemon desingns). Add a few bells and whistles to stick'mon and he'll be every young mans dream. I tried watching pokemon- It was like watching a bunch of little Helen Keller cute animals walking around that once in a while showed some human'eqsue like emotions that people go gaga over. Not for me. I need more depth than def and dumb animals banging their own heads on a wall. To each their own though. Hope you enjoy my picture.

It can be overwhelming at first but it's all just timing. With any fighting game you have your top tier characters and watching the tournament footage like evo2014 can get boring in top 8 brackets. That's why people go raving nuts for players like Amsa using Yoshi. It brings a fresh feeling to the game. Personally in UMVC3 I play hulk on point, Akuma second and Chris anchor. Akuma is the only "mid-high" tier character I play.
As someone who's studying design, I can only say you're full of yourself, trying to seem smarter and edgier by thinking that if you don't like it, it must be dumb or childish. Most Pokemon designs are given great thought, and the fact that you choose to ignore that because you don't like Pokemon just shows how ignorant you are. People want Mewtwo not necessarily because they will main him, but because they find the actual character from the Game/Movie very memorable.

Last edited:

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Oh I'm facing the reality, I'm facing the undisputable reality that Rosalina's playable in Smash4 and Toad & Bowser Jr. aren't, how's that for a reality check? I love how you think character importance can be measured with only game numbers...if that made any sense, then Ridley would've made the cut before Zero Suit Samus because she's been in like 4 games and Ridley has only missed two. But things don't work like that, for better, or for worse, but in Rosa's case, for the better, because her fans are happy that she managed to make the cut.
doesn't change the reality that she is undeserving either way, or that she represents what is basically a niche branch of the main mario games, and was barely present in those games as well, and is overall a incredibly awful choice.

it's not just about game numbers, that's just to measure which game is more important. Owain, whcih is an extra form the most sold FE, isn't more important than any of the other Lords even if their games sold less.

and in this case you mentioned? ZSS has roundabout importance due to being Samus herself in different clothing. ZSS is not a separate entity from Samus.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
doesn't change the reality that she is undeserving either way, or that she represents what is basically a niche branch of the main mario games, and was barely present in those games as well, and is overall a incredibly awful choice.

it's not just about game numbers, that's just to measure which game is more important. Owain, whcih is an extra form the most sold FE, isn't more important than any of the other Lords even if their games sold less.

and in this case you mentioned? ZSS has roundabout importance due to being Samus herself in different clothing. ZSS is not a separate entity from Samus.
Rosalina's not an awful choice. The people who love her inclusion don't agree with your opinion :)

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
You Think 'random characters' ruins balance.
Wii-Fit Trainer steals a slot and is somehow not worthy of a spot in the game because of no reason.
You insult someone unrelated for no reason.
You dragged me into a argument for saying I'd like the game with or without Mewtwo.
You Think the game obviously sucks because it's apparantly not Melee2 for some reason.
Modes and Items and Stages and such are a waste.
You call Sakurai hilariously bad names.

Do I need to go on? Do try to make me seem like the bad guy if you want, but you are clearly not mature enough to argue about this with. Don't expect to be taken seriously when you're being a d*ck to someone for no reason.

And that is the last I will say about this.

@ Hydde Hydde
Just a suggestion, but don't double post. ^^ Agains the rules.
And don't worry. It appears they are really trying to make the gameplay the best in forever in Smash 4. Of course it won't be perfect. No Smash has been, and no Smash will be. They will all be different and good in different ways, and we all need to adapt and learn to enjoy what we have instead of what things could have been. There will be more Smash in the future, and eventually, everyone will have at least one Smash they will keep returning to.
Preach!

Top Bottom