• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SacSmash 5/24/08 - TAG Monthly X *100$ FIRST PRIZE*

dnilb

Smash Cadet
thanks again for having me over Jihnsius.

even though I got my *** kicked in less then 2 minutes every game..it was fun and I learned a little. I wish I could of played more matches, but it's cool since there was more people then I thought there would be.

it was cool to meet everyone though (even though I don't really know who was there lol, I admit it was kind of awkward, I havent been known for being the talkative type unless I get to know someone well)

so does anyone want to smash tomorrow? or any time this week for that matter? my house is open after 4. I can get 2 tv's set up as long as someone brings a cube. or if someone is gona get some games going at there house.

I really want to learn some stuff next time..instead of just getting owned in 2 minutes lol

also if anyone is interested in getting together a halo2 team let me know.

SiD

Smash Master
OMGzorz, dnilb, did you know that if you spell your name backwards, it spells blind???? That ****'s crazy.

Anyway, yeah it was fun. I liked not being the worst for once, lol. Don't worry, you'll learn a lot playing with these guys. As frustrating as it can be at times, the best way to get better is to get owned for a while. They just need to give you tips inbetween ownage.

Where do you live dnilb? If it's not too far away, I could maybe come over tomorrow.

dnilb

Smash Cadet
OMGzorz, dnilb, did you know that if you spell your name backwards, it spells blind???? That ****'s crazy..
rofl
. . .

weird!

Anyway, yeah it was fun. I liked not being the worst for once, lol. Don't worry, you'll learn a lot playing with these guys. As frustrating as it can be at times, the best way to get better is to get owned for a while. They just need to give you tips inbetween ownage.

Where do you live dnilb? If it's not too far away, I could maybe come over tomorrow
i'm on gsc ( which isnt working for me for some reason) but i'm pretty sure I saw you on gsc an you are only like 2 miles from my house.

if anyone wants to come over thats fine..it'll be after 4 maybe 4:30..

but if you want to mapquest it:
6801 dunmore ave, citrus heights, ca 95621

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, only a few miles away. Do you have a phone number so I can call to see what time tomorrow?

Assuming I don't have too much homework, I'll come over for a while. Maybe Tomi will too, he lives close by.

dnilb

Smash Cadet
Yeah, only a few miles away. Do you have a phone number so I can call to see what time tomorrow?

Assuming I don't have too much homework, I'll come over for a while. Maybe Tomi will too, he lives close by.
916-367-9656 ask for mike

alright cool - anyone is welcome to come. anytime after 3:30 is good so I could clean up a little.

just let me know when/if people are coming over.

edit: also, I would need someone to bring over a gc..mines old an doesn't work sometimes.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Got shizz to do tomorrow, sorry brosef, won't be able to make it. But SiD will be good training for you, his Mario got amazing after we went to stockton.

EDIT: Oh yes, also there was the random tourney that went along with the smashfest.

Resultsies:
1. Tomi-X
2. Narfinator
3. Delphiki
4. DRGN
5. Jihnsius
7. SiD
7. Dnilb

I think that's what it was. Top 4 I'm pretty sure about though. I got 20 dollars, sweet.

dnilb

Smash Cadet
well people in my house are being *****es so looks like today actually wont be good

but again..someone set up a day/time an let me know where...I want to get some more games in.

dnilb

Smash Cadet
Got shizz to do tomorrow, sorry brosef, won't be able to make it. But SiD will be good training for you, his Mario got amazing after we went to stockton.

EDIT: Oh yes, also there was the random tourney that went along with the smashfest.

Resultsies:
1. Tomi-X
2. Narfinator
3. Delphiki
4. DRGN
5. Jihnsius
7. SiD
7. Dnilb

I think that's what it was. Top 4 I'm pretty sure about though. I got 20 dollars, sweet.
DRGN was there? lol..where you the one laughing at me for not trying to keep you off the edge?

man...

i've been trying to learn the things you guys have been doing for probably years, for just a week.

it's cool though..it was fun lol

and darn you delphiki for trying to do the freeze glitch crap on me when I didn't even know what it was hahahahhaa

dnilb

Smash Cadet
i'm gona try out some different characters..after watching tomi I want to give fox a try lol..and try an get better at ganon

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah getting better with ganon can be tough, cause he's not a good character, but he really help your other characters improve too by teaching spacing, mindgames, and chain grabbing.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Harumph.

Simna did you beat Noxus Rundas on hard mode? I did it on hard without hyper mode. Thats how hardcore I am. Noxus Rundas is a great fight. Beat the game really fast, its amazing.

Dnilb should get a name that can actually be pronounced.

dnilb

Smash Cadet
i'm going to keep trying a few more but so far i'm liking fox and ganon the most.

between the 2 I would pick fox though, I really like how he controls.

I'm going to give kirby a try next.

DRGN

Technowizard
Well thanks for the ride Tom, hope to see you here next monday. Btw I left my controller in your car, if you don't see it check under the passenger seat.

And Jihnsius, thanks for having us over.

edit: DRGN: i'm definetly down for going to the next tournaments for halo2 if you want to get a team together or something.

edit2: also, any time after 4 this week my house is open to smash and if people want to get a team for halo2 together it's open for practice also. just thought I'd throw that out there.
Ok. Delphiki says he's interested too. Not sure who else we could recruit though. The next one they're doing for Halo 2 is this Saturday (the 15th). Delphiki is going to Modesto this weekend, so he couldn't join us for this one, but if we could get a few people together I think it could be fun, could probably get a little cash out of it too.

thanks again for having me over Jihnsius.

even though I got my *** kicked in less then 2 minutes every game..it was fun and I learned a little. I wish I could of played more matches, but it's cool since there was more people then I thought there would be.

it was cool to meet everyone though (even though I don't really know who was there lol, I admit it was kind of awkward, I havent been known for being the talkative type unless I get to know someone well)

so does anyone want to smash tomorrow? or any time this week for that matter? my house is open after 4. I can get 2 tv's set up as long as someone brings a cube. or if someone is gona get some games going at there house.

I really want to learn some stuff next time..instead of just getting owned in 2 minutes lol

also if anyone is interested in getting together a halo2 team let me know.
Yeah, that tournament was a waste of time. If they hadn't decided to do that I could've shown you some things instead of only playing you in tournament and just playing to kill instead.

It didn't seem like you played a lot of matches (I know the tournament going on for most of the time sure didn't help), you just need to to go up and ask if you can have next match or get in after "person x" or whatever.

Also, you could probably come to my place sometime this week if you want to. My address is on the GSC, just let me know if you're interested.

Resultsies:
1. Tomi-X
2. Narfinator
3. Delphiki
4. DRGN
5. Jihnsius
7. SiD
7. Dnilb

Why did we even do this? It was a pretty pitiful competition; inadequate rules, took up valuable time, and (because of that) I didn't really think it was some big thing. But appearently Delphiki thinks it was something serious, and is even going to be uploading it to tia! Wtf? I didn't even know there was a cash prize until after it. Maybe if I had know this random little thing meant so much I would've listened to you, Tom, about that thing with my second match. But, like I said, at the time I didn't think anything of it all. So yeah, why again? lol

Mostly I was hoping to play the new guy and Narf, and I barely got to do that at all for the 5+ hours we were there.

grats on #1 tomi. too good
X_X

DRGN was there? lol..where you the one laughing at me for not trying to keep you off the edge?

i've been trying to learn the things you guys have been doing for probably years, for just a week.

Lol, no I don't think so. What character were you playing against?

And that's alright, it doesn't take long to get the basics down. If you want to come over sometime I could probably teach you a bunch of stuff. I still remember back when I first started playing competitively, and players like Simna ibn Sind, ender, and NintendoKing showed me the ropes and taught me lots of things.

DRGN

Technowizard
NOOO! Not another spacie player. :(
Yeah, pretty much everybody plays a space animal these days, except for those great players that heroically preserve variety and play characters like Doc, Samus, Young Link, or Ness, ect.

the next tourney is on thursday??
No, 10/13, aka October 13th. Yeah, month away. Too bad it's not this weekend. Hey I know, how about you and Simna just come over here this Saturday? Then it'd be like we're just playing the finals match over and over, lol. And I'm sure we could work in some M:TG too. ;)

(Btw, you like items now and then too, don't you? (FFA Itemz??))

**** Kirby, don't bother. Kirby=sux0rz.
What? Best lay off the Kirby ****e talk, son, I will whup you with Kirby and Kirbydance on your grave! Lol.

But uhhh, yeah, dnilb, I wouldn't consider using Kirby for tournament play, take it from somebody who plays and knows a little bit about Kirby. But I definitely support it for rec play or friendlies!

SiD

Smash Master
Halo > Quake.

Seriously though, they are way different types of games, Quake being a fast paced PC shooter and Halo being a slower, more strategic console shooter. I don't think one is a substitute for the other.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Halo was originally designed for PC, it's hardly a "console" FPS. Regardless, I think Halo's metagame is much more boring and 'generic' than Quake 3's.

tc1

Smash Lord
Smash>Halo>Quake>Perfect Dark>007

d2 + maple story+ WoW > all ^_^

sorry i missed out on the smashing today i got grounded for 1 day only HAHAH i was lazy so i didnt go 2 school.. so yuppers

Feeki - we shall smash 2maro.. 2v2 you and drgster v Me and Anbu

dnilb

Smash Cadet
DRGN:

if you want to try an go to this tournament on saturday I think we would only need 1 more person. I'm pretty sure my bro said he wants to go, an he's always been good at shooters.

I'm pretty sure me an you were the first match in the tournament and you were playing zelda. it's all good though lol, I know I suck.

and yeah i'm definetly down with playing smash any time this week. just give me a time/day an I should be able to make it.
also if we do want to try halo2 out let me know. I can bring over my 360 and we can get some matches going for practice (especially if the tournament is on saturday)

also, is there some kind of fox/falco hate that I don't know about? I was actually only using him cause I felt he controlled really well.. but I am still trying out different characters to see which one I would 'main'

SiD

Smash Master
Halo was originally designed for PC, it's hardly a "console" FPS. Regardless, I think Halo's metagame is much more boring and 'generic' than Quake 3's.
Doesn't matter what it was "originally" designed for, it's still very much a console FPS. Hell, it was originally an RTS. Does that mean it's hardly an FPS at all? No.

Have you ever played much serious Halo? Because it is a very strategic game. I don't think Quake is anything close to 'original' either.

@dnilb - No, just joking about Fox/Falco. Just kind of boring to me to choose them.

dnilb

Smash Cadet
Doesn't matter what it was "originally" designed for, it's still very much a console FPS. Hell, it was originally an RTS. Does that mean it's hardly an FPS at all? No.

Have you ever played much serious Halo? Because it is a very strategic game. I don't think Quake is anything close to 'original' either.

I have to agree with this. I'm guessing when people think of halo they think of 10 year olds cursing at everyone for no reason, and crying when they loose, and using no strategy at all to win.

I know I did untill I actually started playing it and watching some mlg tournaments. to me it looks like it can get very fast paced, and you need good teamwork/strategy to win, not just spray and pray.

I played GoW for a while before trying halo2 MP so to me halo2 is fast paced..cause gears was pretty slow.

edit:
d2 + maple story+ WoW > all ^_^
how the hell do you manage that..I thought just 1 mmo was bad enough..you got 3 going lol

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Tyde: i didnt mean hypermode u use by pressing the + button...i meant the HYPER MODE difficulty u unlock after u beat the game

tc1: maplestory, im afraid, is incredibly shallow and boring...it is a novelty that has worn away badly. Try playing Dungeon Runners^_^ (google it)

Everyone: smash is fun. can anyone pick me up and take me back afterwards?

DRGN

Technowizard
Delf here

Hrmm....I'd be up for Smash tomorrow. dnilb would you be able to bring a TV again? Otherwise we only have 1 here.

Jon you better be here. Pichu wants to **** your Mario.

SiD should bring a TV and pick up Simna. And Simna should bring me my AVs.

And I think it would be hella fun to try our hand at the H2 tournaments. I've never really been into shooters competitively but maybe Halo can change that. But I won't be able to go this weekend as I'll be in Modesto.

DRGN prolly wants to post so prepare for confusion.

Lastly, Pichu > Kirby.

SiD

Smash Master
I wish I could Delf, but I have some serious homework due on Thursday that I need to do tomorrow, I need to get an estimate on my truck, and I have more homework due on Thursday.

Three cheers for procrastination!

*raises a glass*

And yes, rat > cotton candy

dnilb

Smash Cadet
Delf here

Hrmm....I'd be up for Smash tomorrow. dnilb would you be able to bring a TV again? Otherwise we only have 1 here.

Jon you better be here. Pichu wants to **** your Mario.

SiD should bring a TV and pick up Simna. And Simna should bring me my AVs.

And I think it would be hella fun to try our hand at the H2 tournaments. I've never really been into shooters competitively but maybe Halo can change that. But I won't be able to go this weekend as I'll be in Modesto.

DRGN prolly wants to post so prepare for confusion.

Lastly, Pichu > Kirby.

yeah I think I can make it over tomorrow, and yes I can bring my tv, but someone else needs to bring a cube cause mines broken.

and yeah i'm all for halo2, do you want me to bring over and xbox so we could try it out a little? or if you have xboxlive I can just bring over halo2.

also, I want some real practice..the only people here that play just spam smash attacks so it gets frustrating lol.

SiD

Smash Master
What's your gamertag dnilb?

Sidenote, I have to think about how to spell blind backwards everytime I write your name. Gr.

Top Bottom