• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SacSmash 5/24/08 - TAG Monthly X *100$ FIRST PRIZE*

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Tan Army Gaming Monthlies

Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournaments just outside Sacramento, CA.

http://tanarmygaming.com

Date:
Saturday, April 26

The tournament is to begin at 11:00 AM.

First Covenant Church
10933 Progress Court, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

Entry fee:
$10

Prizes:

1st- $100
2nd- $30
3rd- $20

Doubles:

Entry - $10 per team
Prizes by pot

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Note: the doubles tournament is run by me, Delphiki, not by Seris and TAG. All rules are the same. Team Attack is on, life stealing is allowed (but ask your partner! don't be a douche!). ^_^

Rules:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
Luigi's Mansion
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Halberd
Pirate Ship
Delfino Plaza

Banned:
PictoChat
Mushroomy Kindom
Rumble Falls
Norfair
Spear Pillar
WarioWare, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Green Hill Zone
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Onett
Port town Aero Drive
Shadow Moses Island
Corneria
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Mario Circuit
Skyworld
Distant Planet
Custom Stages

3 stock, 8 min., best of 3
Double Elimination
Items OFF

Advanced Slob Picks, Odd-stage in first match

DeDeDe's standing chaingrab on large characters is limited to six throws. This is only for those characters that he doesn't have to dash towards in order to grab again. DK for example. After the sixth throw DeDeDe cannot do another down throw, he must do something different.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Haha yeah. Luckily my managers are pretty cool, so as long as it doesn't interfere with business it should be ok.

What's stopping you from coming up? I'd like to get some matches with you.

SuperRad

Smash Master
uhm, sac is way too ****in far. not to mention i dont drive, so i'd have to rely on others for a ride.

i dont see how sheridan drives from down here all the way up there, and I dont get how BTZO ever gets anywhere without being completely wiped from hours of transportation.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
A pizza parlor?! How will this work out? Will we be allowed entry to the back room whenever we want? Is it a decent size? How many TVs can fit back there? Are we allowed to make our own food? Free refills? etc, etc...

Delphiki

Smash Champion
No free food. No free drinks.

And by the 'back room' I mean that it is in the back of the restaurant, but that it's in an area where people normally eat, not where they make the food or anything. We will have plenty of room for 40 people and around 8 TVs, any more and it would get a bit tight... but it would be less packed than the NCBs that's for sure.

Speaking of TVs.....we will have a dire need of setups for this tournament. I have two TVs and one Cube for myself..and I plan on purchasing more TVs with my own money to ensure the success of these tournaments. If you will be bringing a TV and/or Cube please let me know.

tc1

Smash Lord
Lol And Delphiki Finnaly Has Hi Control>> Welp Gg Del

O yah.. i guess ill bring a tv amd cube/./ when will these touenies reoccur o great TO

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I AM THE CONTROL FREAK!!

Btw I have some cash sitting here for you...

So according to Lou and I.....

Ken is a squad of Panzer tanks and he helped Germ four stock Poland, Czechoslovakia and the Rhineland... then he shine comboed France.

Also.....Pichu and Bowser have mutated into Piboosta.... a small electric rat/dinosaur mutant......

Lastly.....NK is gay. :laugh:

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
From what I saw, there was more of a shortage of Cubes last time, as opposed to TVs. If I would have known this was the situation, I would've brought my own, as I will next time.

And what I meant by drinks was, if we purchase a cup, do we get free refills? Do they even have fountain drinks? If not, is there a fast food restaurant within the block to travel to and steal refills? ;b

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
That's what I'm talking about. I put in to have it off, so I should be able to make it. Hey NK, wanna team again? I promise I won't screw it up. Let's **** those teams.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
smash in a public eatery.....thats complete genius...i dont wanna see the Tan Army Gaming guys suffer from this tho, but i'm sure they are flexible...i'll inform them of this new deal

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
FoD on for doubles? Omoshiroi desu ne.

When you say grand finals are best of 9 with continuation, does that mean that people who had previously met in winners finals will be playing a continuation set to 8 games (best of 5 = 3 wins, best of 9 = 5 wins)? If you don't mean that, and you mean that instead the entire continuation set is a best of 9, then if people who previously met in winner's finals meet again in grand finals (which is like half the time), then that would mean you are playing the sum of a best of 3 and a best of 5 (2 wins + 3 wins for 5 wins out of 9).

Also what's the stage ban / counterpick procedure?

I might be able to go to the next one since I think I'll be in Novato and not Santa Cruz.

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
Delphiki...

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
------------
= 100%

is Round Table providing the room for free? thats great! i'll be there!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Oops... I copied and pasted.....FoD is off on doubles. *checks for more mistakes*

edit: And yes I'm getting the venue for free. Not that I would take out of the pot for it anyway.

With the continuation I mean that players will continue their previous set to best of 9. However, any stage bans are re-chosen, and Dave's/Delf's Stupid Rule does not count matches which took place in previous sets.

Counterpicks will be added to the main post.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Somehow.......the wrath of Dudley isn't very intimidating........but it does sound like a great doubles name. ^_^

Anyways I may be bringing the money by today....not sure.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Why not? lol

Who do you play besides Roy? From what I saw I think that you know Roy better than anyone else.

edit: Jon want to Smash at DRGN's? I'm heading over there right now.

tc1

Smash Lord
wow i guess 2 l8.. now **** another smash ay ruined by .. D2 ukcf..O well.. a ricky a few questions./

Talk 2 ur managers to get me a job.. Seriously.

Uhm. u might wana just put SBW.. because SB X..wel lets just say ppl like brent wouldnt knwo what that meant.. and hardley the roman numeral number system.. but hey ur thread,. uhm..

O yah the wrath of dudley lol my next team name.. ahahahaz/

and decode this..

Im Giong 2 kcik Yuor a$$, in 4 Seocnds if yuo dnot pay me my $$$.. capiche. LOL

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Wow Jon I have no idea what that last sentence said. I think im'a go buy sumthin now.

I'm gonna use SB because SBW just sounds ugly. And it takes longer to say than 'Sac Biweekly'. But SB X -- SB ten -- rolls right off the tongue. Besides Brent can't figure much out so it doesn't really matter. 0_o

Attention Sacramentoans! (Sacramentians? Sacramentans?) Anyways, Timmy and Tommy MIGHT be coming down this weekend.....no gaurantees yet but I'll let you guys know as soon as I get more info.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
This tournament sounds really awesome :D

There's no guarantee that us three Grass Valley peoples will come, but I just told Niro about this, and I'm currently waiting for his reply. This is the closest tournament to us we've found so far, so Tareth may be up for driving to this. I'd totally drive but I lack the ability to legally do that.

Also, I think I might bring my Wii along to help with the shortage of 'cubes ^_^;

*crosses fingers and hopes that the other two Grass Valley peoples are up for this*

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Yomon you guys were at Modesto weren't you? How'd you do? Did you stay for the crew battle?

Looking at the results...I see you faced Tomi and Niro lost to Catnip and TMM. You can look forward to getting your revenge at Sac, all or most of Nova is usually there.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Delphiki: Yeah, we were at the Yoshi Town thing in Modesto. We went to find some people who hosted tournaments more closer to us, like Sacramento and also to see how we could do against people who don't live in Grass Valley (So far we're better than all the Grass Valley people we've played)

I did horrible at the tournament, but I had fun, and that's mainly what I came for. Plus I managed to kill someone with PK Flash, that made my day.

I don't think we stayed for the crew battles, we arrived shortly before the doubles ended and left shortly before the singles ended. We would've stayed longer, but that two hour and thirty minute drive was evilly long.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Tyderium: Depends on if I bring my kevmoney. And no slackin if we team, that shίt at DG IV should not have happend. My Beast mode can only carry you so far.

Apparently I'm gay now. That sucks ;___;

Narfanator

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
NARF#806
I don't know if I'll make it to this one since I'm going back to the city for spring break and won't be up here...but I'll be around after my spring break...can't wait to play everyone again!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Whatever happened to you and

OMFG COOKING BY THE BOOK ON MY IPOD ROFL TOO GOOD

Anyways....what happened to teaming with Simna?

Oh yeah the gayness came from a bit of reminsicing of all the manliness gayness last weekend. *winks*

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
you're gay? wanna come to my place? Screw kevmoney. Not literally, of course, that's for me. But seriously, I need to do some redeeming.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
ughh.. smash in a pizza place..... theres gonna be tons of noobs there cuz im sure atleast SOME gamers will occasionaly stop by and want pizza. oh well lol

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I'll come over whenever you're free "big guy". You wanna play my squeegie again? I'll use a whole nother tactic next go round with em, just to mess with ya.

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
is someone bringing a Wii to play SSBM? the closest iv been to a Wii is 2 feet away behind the glass...

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I have one. I had to do many evil things to get it, though. Like wait in the freezing *** cold for 12 hours in front of best buy. And go 50+ hours without sleep. And that included 16 hours of barely awake work. Sigh.

But it was all worth it. You should come to my next smashfest. I'd even let you play some zelda if you wanted.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, Tomi-X the demon lord will not be attending this biweekly, he has prom that night. Destroy the competition for me, Nova.

Top Bottom