• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SA Loves Unpredictable Tournaments April 10th

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
San Antonio Loves Unpredictable Tournaments

When: April 10th, 2010

Where: 3606 Rejillas Dr. 78228 San Antonio Texas

Events and Fees:
No Venue Fee
Brawl Singles: $5
Redemption: $0
Reverse Mains: $2

Schedule:
Doors open at 9:30. Registration starts at 11. Brawl Singles start at 12:00 pm, Redemption will start when Brawl singles starts slowing down. Reverse Mains will start when both are over if theres time

Payouts:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Singles:
Stages
Starter Stages
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Greens
Pictochat
Pirate Ship

General Rules
3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Melee. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
8 minute timer.
Items are set to "Off" and "None"
Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system. Melee: Random with one Stage Strike or use Brawl method.
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
If sudden death occurs (outside of timeouts), sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
Any infinite grab (including wall grabs) if the opponent is over 250%. For wall infinites, this does not apply if the wall will eventually go away, i.e. PS1.
Stalling, including planking and scrooging (gliding under the stage repeatedly), is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. If you are unsure a tactic is considered stalling, ask the TO before using it

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. Brawl Only. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 50 times per game. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.
MikeHaze rule: No yelling or making abrupt noises at your opponent.
Chibo's Video-for-the-masses rule: You cannot refuse to be recorded if you pay money to enter an event.

Redemption
Same rules as singles. Everyone who places 9th and below in singles bracket is placed into their own tournament. In this tournament, the winner gets their entry fee back. 2nd and 3rd get nothing

Reverse Mains
Quite simple, same rules as singles, except you use each others mains. This is based off of who they used in tournament.

If you have any questions or anything, you can text me at 210-912-6488

Confirmed Wiis w/ Brawl:
1. Paw!
2. Nike
3. Greyfox
4. Espy
5. Tofer
6. Wombat
7. aXe

Confirmed TVs:
1. Paw!
2. Paw!
3. Nike
4. Nike
5. Nike
6. Greyfox
7. Wombat

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Why is Pirate Ship never legal anymore? Watercamping is perfectly beatable, and the stage is unquestionably fair 5/6 of the time. :( Not that I think I'll be making it to this tournament: I was lucky to get the money when I did for Nikefest.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I was kinda hoping SA would do something before WHOBO, but the date is fine.

I recognize the OP layout ;D I doubt doubles will happn, but redemption is amazing still. Prime Mstar and Kyro haveee to go to this.

Oh:
-Wii/Brawl disc
-3 tv's
-4 extension cords

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sweet. I'll have to check my film schedule and see if I can make this.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm there.

Brawl/Wii/TV

Ziggy if doubles happens we are teaming. :X

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I'll most likely to be able to make this as long nothing comes up. As it gets closer to the day, I'll know if I'm going for sure.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Counterpick Stages
Delfino Plaza
Halberd

Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Jesus Christ approves.
If Austin has a carpool I can get in on, I will try to come to this.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I may be able to go. My work schedule is changing this Tuesday, so I'll know what days I'm off by then.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
See now I know you all are going to hell.

Take out Green Greens and we are all good.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Aww, don't hate the Greens. The Greens love you. D:

EDIT: DON'T CORRECT ME WHILE I'M ADDING COLOR, ZIGSTA.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Niddo, no one likes pirate ship but you, other Ike's and people who secretly like Ike.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Green Greens is NOT legit. Anybody can stall SO hard on Green Greens. Approaching is made terrible on either side. To make the fact that there are different sections of the level even worse, those sections are separated by a big freaking brick wall with bombs. Dumb stage.

But Pirate ship is awesome as balls.

Just switch the two.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Niddo, no one likes pirate ship but you, other Ike's and people who secretly like Ike.
Green Greens is NOT legit. Anybody can stall SO hard on Green Greens. Approaching is made terrible on either side. To make the fact that there are different sections of the level even worse, those sections are separated by a big freaking brick wall with bombs. Dumb stage.

Just switch the two.
Thanks for proving my point. :X

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

Just switch the two.
Do you want me to dig that longish explanation as to why Green Greens is perfectly fine?

Everybody secretly likes Ike. Hence the chant: "WE LIKE IKE"

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
**** it. Now I have to ban that stage. Ugh we all gotta play on YI some time. :(

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
:D :D :D :D

Now I just need to figure out how to make enough money to get to the tournament. >_>

And I always strike YI for a reason. I'm not about to have that blastoff glitch somehow occur due to stupidity on my part.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Better not play me. I'll ban Pirate Ship as a stage strike. Best believe that son. :X

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Just switch the two.
HARD Ike searching.

Niddo, I'll play you on Pirate Ship.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
:o

I see you have Chibos rule into effect.

Not going :)
You weren't coming to begin with so we are all good.

Good, you'll probably win. I've only beaten Nike at Pirate Ship in a tournament. >_> lol I fail that much as Ike. I just love the stage. :bee:
You should not play that stage if you only won against Nike. :X

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol you come back to SA for one tourney?

Sounds like something else.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
i think we're almost good on setups, all we really need is 7-8, i think 10 was a little overkill at nikefest lol.

but bring more if you want to, maybe i can haz blazblue setup and get ***** by everyone

Top Bottom