• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SA Loves Unpredictable Tournaments April 10th

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
i think we're almost good on setups, all we really need is 7-8, i think 10 was a little overkill at nikefest lol.

but bring more if you want to, maybe i can haz blazblue setup and get ***** by everyone
Blazblue has to be there. I wanna play now that I know I'm not THAT trash on pad but I'm still getting my stick so all is well. :)

Overkill? :O
4 TVs were not being used at all after the first rounds were done. In all honesty, 6 TVs would've done fine in a tourney like that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
**** no.

I just play Tager on the side now.
I've learned of Tager Time.

And it's a wonderful thing.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
There's a chance my final film shoot of the semester is this weekend. I'll try to schedule it for the next weekend, if I can.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
Changing my ruleset to MLG rules, 100000% legit

(****, i cant even participate in my own tournament, wireless bull****)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I already told you Paw that if you use that ruleset then you would get a Negative turnout. =/

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Please do not use the trash MLG ruleset. I beg you.
Trash?

That set up is better then the majority of the tournaments. It's actually willing to have CP stages, which automatically makes it better then basically every single tournament in the north. >_>

I also like what they did with neutrals: the previous set up left several characters with several of their best stages in the loop, meaning they would likely be using a stage they would normally CP with as the neutral selection. Instead of "Hm....do I want to fight Snake on his best, second best, or third best stage during the first round?", you actually have a shot of picking a stage that's actually neutral when considering the two character's strengths.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Niddo do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Seige, Lylat, and Delfino I can understand even though Lylat's tilting is gay, and the stage changes are meh. But Halberd is definitely not a neutral. Not to mention the CP stages are laughable at best. Your an Ike main you should be more worried about what MK can do to you on EVERY STAGEmore than what Snake can do on 3 stages.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Oh ****. Nike changed his avatar back cloud. Good for you son. :)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Seige, Lylat, and Delfino I can understand even though Lylat's tilting is gay, and the stage changes are meh. But Halberd is definitely not a neutral. Not to mention the CP stages are laughable at best. Your an Ike main you should be more worried about what MK can do to you on EVERY STAGEmore than what Snake can do on 3 stages.
MK will win on any stage. Only shot Ike really has is Pirate Ship and maybe Green Greens.

Halberd is neutral. Extremely easy to dodge hazards, predictable flight path. Probably more neutral then Delfino or Siege overall, if only for lacking walk-offs after the very first part.

The CP stages are perfectly fine. Needs JJ and PS and then it would be perfect, but it's good. I can understand PS not being included.

My main point with Snake was that his best stages were almost all neutrals. It doesn't matter who you are, in the five stage system it was almost like he had CP advantage right off the bat. Battlefield? Amazing Snake stage. Smashville? Amazing Snake stage. Final Destination? Amazing Snake stage. Lylat? Another very good Snake stage, sometimes neutral. Halberd is as well, though less likely to be neutral.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
MK will win on any stage. Only shot Ike really has is Pirate Ship and maybe Green Greens.

Halberd is neutral. Extremely easy to dodge hazards, predictable flight path. Probably more neutral then Delfino or Siege overall, if only for lacking walk-offs after the very first part.

The CP stages are perfectly fine. Needs JJ and PS and then it would be perfect, but it's good. I can understand PS not being included.

My main point with Snake was that his best stages were almost all neutrals. It doesn't matter who you are, in the five stage system it was almost like he had CP advantage right off the bat. Battlefield? Amazing Snake stage. Smashville? Amazing Snake stage. Final Destination? Amazing Snake stage. Lylat? Another very good Snake stage, sometimes neutral. Halberd is as well, though less likely to be neutral.
All more or less Johns cause Snake can be good on some stages. You also have to think about other characters like IC, Falco, MK, Olimar....oh wait your Ike....Nevermind

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Shall I list more characters that basically get CPs for the first round during a tournament with traditional neutrals? :D

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Not really. I know all the stages Zelda is good for and that's BF and SV. That's all I need to know.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
so, im leaning towards reverse mains for side event if theres time, simply because it sounds fun. it would only be a $2 entry

also, its starting at 12 instead of 1

/bump

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Reverse mains? Well ****...

Oh well I guess. Time to brush off my PSP and play some Blaz while the tourney finishes up.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I can't seem to find anything else interesting to try from Suspect's list given in the SA thread pages ago.
I guess I'll have to settle for Reverse Mains. Otherwise second choice if given would be Secondaries :/

Suspect

Smash Hero
Ha i when remember when i first started playing brawl and mained squirtle PT.

squirtle PT is fun

Suspect

Smash Hero
If you are going to do a reverse main tourny, go by the results of singles (most character used)

This will stop someone from saying "I main yoshi, so you have to use yoshi" even tho that person used MK in singles.

Top Bottom