• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Browny

Smash Hater
Brawl + and the respective tourney was pretty **** awesome :)

I still dont know if i prefer it to normal brawl, but still so many crazy epic moments with falcon lol. get stomped.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
1v1 Results from 9.06 12/6/09 (22 Entrants)
1st: DJ Browny - Sonic/Snake
2nd: Ant - Ganondorf
3rd: Eagle - Fox/DK
4th: Asura - G&W
5th: W150 - Olimar/Kirby
5th: Apollo - ZSS
7th: 2SXC Dave - Marth/Pikachu
7th: Woodstar - Kirby
9th: Jamage - Wolf/Rob/M2K
Lol Mew2King.

Brawl + and the respective tourney was pretty **** awesome :)

I still dont know if i prefer it to normal brawl, but still so many crazy epic moments with falcon lol. get stomped.
Next Lan I'm going to bring some pre-made Brawl+ SD cards so you can put them into any Wii and it will automatically run Brawl+

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Next Lan I'm going to bring some pre-made Brawl+ SD cards so you can put them into any Wii and it will automatically run Brawl+
Cool I forgot to get it off you. My mate Shano who I always played melee with and we both mained Cpt Falcon isnt a big fan of brawl but when I told him about Falcon he was like oh yeah.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
btw jamage I will be able to use my xbox 360 since I got the update oh and I'm so srry for taking ur GoW 2 it was because when my xbox couldn't play system link u switched xbox the GoW 2 was still in there and I didn't know :p so very very very very very very srry
That didnt bother me much. What does bother me is that YOU GUYS FN RUINED MY DISC AND NOW IT WONT READ AT ALL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :psycho: and I need it for Sagafest.

Browny

Smash Hater
Wait so you already have these?

Is this something I can get right now, like I dont need a soft modded wii or anything? or does the SD card contain all the mod stuff etc. btw I have TP if that matters...

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Wait so you already have these?

Is this something I can get right now, like I dont need a soft modded wii or anything? or does the SD card contain all the mod stuff etc. btw I have TP if that matters...
No you don't need to mod your Wii in any way. You just need to have the right stuff on your SD. You might be able to find a tutorial in the Smash Workshop Board. If not I can just bring SDs to SAGA.

Speaking of SAGA, I'm allowed to bring my 360 to it. Right Jamage?

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
That didnt bother me much. What does bother me is that YOU GUYS FN RUINED MY DISC AND NOW IT WONT READ AT ALL :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :psycho: and I need it for Sagafest.
yeah bout that umm U know how I got GoW 2 aswell well I gave u the wrong one mine doesn't work and that the one that I gave u haha I still have urs and because my Xbox doesn't work I couldn't see which one was mine and gave u mine lolz but promise you'll will get it back by SAGA kk?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
yeah bout that umm U know how I got GoW 2 aswell well I gave u the wrong one mine doesn't work and that the one that I gave u haha I still have urs and because my Xbox doesn't work I couldn't see which one was mine and gave u mine lolz but promise you'll will get it back by SAGA kk?
You guys need to organise your stuff alot better. You guys also left a 360 control (has david s on back) a memory card and an empty case for Gears 1 at the Lan. I have em all and will bring to Sagafest.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Yeah and some idiot left his xbox cable there...
I bought a new one from ****-smiths yesterday so i guess i'll have two cables soon.

It's funny the guys on gotgames forum have said how reloaded has good prizes. But remember how we were meant to be given a free game? either shadowrun or viva pinata, and then it ended up only being shadowrun which conveniently only runs on ****ty vista.

And what the hell am i meant to do with a wii dance mat. I was thinking of trying to play brawl with it, it would be pretty funny.
And i heard i won a prize jamage (ultimate consoler) What exactly did i win? Lol i was playing on the same t.v. as that rasberry guy for halo 3. He said 'man u must play this a lot', but i hadn't played it in 2 months lol.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Yeah and some idiot left his xbox cable there...
Yeah that person has to be a Grade A moron whoever that is :p

Not sure what you won but i think you got 1st prize for console so should be a Wii game or R4DS or something.

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
You guys need to organise your stuff alot better. You guys also left a 360 control (has david s on back) a memory card and an empty case for Gears 1 at the Lan. I have em all and will bring to Sagafest.
Yes I know and um can u bring the memory card, 360 controller and GoW case to SAGA fest??

btw someguy told me at Gametraders(he works there) that SAGAfest is on 18-19 of July

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
SAGAfest will be very fun and I'm looking foward to it but want to know if there will be GoW 2 and halo 3 tourneys? because I will most likely be stay for the WHOLE!!! lan

anyway back on topic of brawl stuff.
Blue bomber is maining PIKACHU!?!? wow eagle might get annoyed coz of CHAIN GRABS and the reason pikachu is worst match up BUT......
eagle has DK which will make a difference with worst match up but not chain grab I think it is more easy to chain grab BIG people right??
ANYWAY.... Jamage hopefully u can make them verse in SSBB tourney ^^

btw I might not be winning my ssbb maches because I don't practise AT ALL for I have PSP!!!
and might not be good at GoW 2 and halo 3(wasn't as good in halo as in GoW 2)

ANYWAY i'm finished talking BUT....

STILL looking foward to lans even if I don't win LANS ARE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
anyway back on topic of brawl stuff.
Blue bomber is maining PIKACHU!?!? wow eagle might get annoyed coz of CHAIN GRABS and the reason pikachu is worst match up BUT......
eagle has DK which will make a difference with worst match up but not chain grab I think it is more easy to chain grab BIG people right??
ANYWAY.... Jamage hopefully u can make them verse in SSBB tourney ^^
DK can still be CGed up to 67% by Pika, still not as bad as Fox who can be CGed to 99% :laugh:

Anyways I haven't even tried the buffer Chain Grab on a real person yet, so I'm not sure if I can do it well or not.

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
DK can still be CGed up to 67% by Pika, still not as bad as Fox who can be CGed to 99% :laugh:

Anyways I haven't even tried the buffer Chain Grab on a real person yet, so I'm not sure if I can do it well or not.
WOW fox is >>>>99%<<<< and DK >>>>67%<<<<

I thought coz of the size DK would at least be 80% lolz :laugh:

Browny

Smash Hater
Im feeling ambitious

we have the venue for like 48 hours... Lets try make it the biggest brawl tourney ever imo :p

I propose...
1vs1, 2vs2, Cage match, Brawl+, texas duelist pro (youtube it), [crews, low tier]

EVERYTHING. some things like low tier and crews could afford to be cut because of how long they take while basically being the same as 1vs1 but id really like to so the other tournaments go ahead. Nothing has to be official and with such a massive time we have available surely we could run many of these over 2 days. Also things like B+ and duelist pro will only really want to be played by a few people, its not like wed have to drag people from pc tourneys to come :p

I could definitely help organise all this... its not like i do anything else anyway haha

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Im feeling ambitious

we have the venue for like 48 hours... Lets try make it the biggest brawl tourney ever imo :p

I propose...
1vs1, 2vs2, Cage match, Brawl+, texas duelist pro (youtube it), [crews, low tier]

EVERYTHING. some things like low tier and crews could afford to be cut because of how long they take while basically being the same as 1vs1 but id really like to so the other tournaments go ahead. Nothing has to be official and with such a massive time we have available surely we could run many of these over 2 days. Also things like B+ and duelist pro will only really want to be played by a few people, its not like wed have to drag people from pc tourneys to come :p

I could definitely help organise all this... its not like i do anything else anyway haha
Needs more Bowser Challenge.

Other than that, it sounds good.

Browny

Smash Hater
wow that texas duelist is harder than I thought... it definitely takes a degree of practice to not SD regularly :/

tempted to scrap that idea on account of few people will be able to do it properly without SD'ing lol.

Bowser challenge sounds alright lol. Requires some changes though since bowser isnt exactly crap in this game :p

Browny

Smash Hater
Imagine a stage which is nothing except a big V so its like a funnel with sides at 45* angle. turn that upside down. you can only play snake and you have to go beneath the stage and fight in mid air by constantly using c4 to recover. you have to tech the roof every time you hit it or you die. aim is to throw grenades or hit the other snake with aerials and hopefully they miss a tech and die :p

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Imagine a stage which is nothing except a big V so its like a funnel with sides at 45* angle. turn that upside down. you can only play snake and you have to go beneath the stage and fight in mid air by constantly using c4 to recover. you have to tech the roof every time you hit it or you die. aim is to throw grenades or hit the other snake with aerials and hopefully they miss a tech and die :p
Oh my god, wow. @_@

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
WOW :psycho: how much lives 1? hopefully that doesn't make me sound stupid lol.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Brush up on your Wolf then Jamjam because last I checked wolves are prime delicacy to foxes now.

Ant1

Smash Ace
In Texas Deulist u got 4 stocks i think. It isnt really that hard, i can get past 200% from 0 by c4ing myself and teching the walls.
But it's easy to make mistakes. No one in S.A. besides me and DJB have the tech skills to be able to do it and actually know how to play snake. Desert Eagle u may be good at teching, but u dont know how to use snake, even though Snake is really eady to play.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
In Texas Deulist u got 4 stocks i think. It isnt really that hard, i can get past 200% from 0 by c4ing myself and teching the walls.
But it's easy to make mistakes. No one in S.A. besides me and DJB have the tech skills to be able to do it and actually know how to play snake. Desert Eagle u may be good at teching, but u dont know how to use snake, even though Snake is really eady to play.
I wouldn't call Snake easy to play. Compared to many other characters in Brawl Snake is one of the harder characters to just pick up and play.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Yeah f-tilting sure is hard..... F-tilt to dmg and u-tilt to k.o. lol

I know there's alot more to him than that. Grenade countering and such, but maybe if f-tilt didnt do 21% dmg i would say he's hard to play. It's more than most smashes lol and its a tilt!

It actually does so much, becoz snake has knee lasers hidden in his legs which shoot out and stun people from quite a distance, thats why is f-tilt has such huge range!

Top Bottom