• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
So Jamage, I overheard that you think that "DoMo isn't actually that good, he just plays MetaKnight". I'm wondering as to 1) What made you say this and 2) why even say it?

For some reason you think Metaknight is a talentless/skilless character and whoever picks him gets an autowin. The fact is not everyone can just pick up metaknight and beat everyone, this is obvious from your pretty pathetic attempt as him vs Nova where you got double 3-stocked.

If you really think Metaknight takes such little skill and that i'm not that good, then go main him for 2 months and see if you can place where i have already. And better yet, after 2 months lets see if you can beat me in ditto. I don't really think i deserve that kind of comment behind my back, are you sour i beat you and ant? (this is not an attack at ant, he is chill and i like playing vs him)

Sorry but i'm pretty annoyed at your comment -_-

Ant1

Smash Ace
i am le chill coz we had exciting first set. I'm like it when its an even match.

I ain't attacking u here-
Sure i get annoyed at ur MK playstyle domo, but u see i spam f-tilt so yeah lol. Ur playing to win, i used to have that mentality when i cared about brawl.

I'm sure if i was a better player i could of countered ur tornado spam better.

I even remember using this line from vegeta on smashboards

(your going to have to get over your softheartedness, do it, forget about ur feelings, they'll get u killed, its just a game play to win, there are no rules.)

not 100% accurate but close enough.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Play to win.

If choosing MK and spamming moves like tornado is the best way to win so be it.
/or ban the character

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight being 'to op to win vs' is dumb and ancient, shaun has said this and chris would agree also. Seriosuly, if you can't deal with him with a character then choose one that can lol..

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
60/40? Pfft. MK out-camps Wario, beats all of his options with an OoS nair, out-ranges him, etc...

It's worse than that, probably around 70:30, but those ratios mean different things to everyone.

Basically, I'd put those character as a -1 against MK, and Wario would be a -2.

Tedeth isn't lucky, but Australia isn't representative of top-level play, obviously.

SethT

Smash Ace
You should patent that ****, then release it as a fun children's game for all.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Nova was extremely generous with giving out prizes for the mid-tier tourney. It was a shame his second capture card didn't seem to work properly....again.

Grim I actually used Luigi a lot more often than ZSS during the tourney, I used her to mostly to tie up the last matches of some sets.

Started editing some of the videos, the SSBB doubles finals have now been uploaded on request.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight being 'to op to win vs' is dumb and ancient, shaun has said this and chris would agree also. Seriosuly, if you can't deal with him with a character then choose one that can lol..
Stop spamming nado against Snake. kthnx.

Goddamn so ****ing annoying. :p

But ggs with you though.

Apollo: Thanks for recording matches. Didn't have many friendlies with you though. D:

Jamage: Those chaingrabs... D: But ggs anyways.

DoMo: Nice friendlies we had. I only seem to win against you when we're not in a tourney set, which you almost 3 stocked me I think. D: Now I know you definitely deserve your ranking in the PR list. :D

Grim: What an intense set we had. It was so close at the end that I panicked and started trying to f-air you. I don't even remember how it ended. Need to watch it when it gets uploaded. :D

Ant: DBZ ftw. And creepy Indian skateboarder gave me nightmares. :p That set you had with Domo... Should of been recorded. D: Shame I didn't get any friendlies with you. Next time.

Techa: Wow, you've improved alot. And bad luck about Jiggs rest. :p

Nova: (You won't read this, so lol) Thanks for hosting the mid tier tourney and Brawl 1v1. Great seeding too. :D

Apollo, you should upload my set with Grim next. :D

EDIT: LOL Ghostbone. Pika, Fox and Meta Knight. Top tier wh0re much?

Oh an DoMo, sorry for going off at you in the PR thread a couple of weeks ago. Was angry that day due to personal reasons. And I should probably apologize to W150 also.

zApollo

Smash Ace
The mid-tier tourney was really successful, pulling in almost as many entrants as brawl singles and I (amongst many others) really enjoyed it too. Some players were able to place higher too as a result.

Due to its success, Nova may host it again at the next SG with a similar prize dip as before. It's guaranteed to be better than the SG prizes (if any) for sure.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
That would be awesome. Too bad I don't know how to play as any characters in mid tier. I was lucky to win that set against Luneth.

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Gears, that means a lot to me. And you are getting a lot better, i don't spam nado in friendlies :p

Top Bottom