• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Ghostbone

Smash Master
C-stick is useful

Use it

You can move the opposite direction of the aerial.
Easy to not double jump when uairing.
Or fast-fall when dairing.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
C-stick is useful

Use it

You can move the opposite direction of the aerial.
Easy to not double jump when uairing.
Or fast-fall when dairing.
I use it in certain situations, I thought you were just talking about SHFFL'd aerials.

I use it for retreating aerials and spiking.

Never thought of using it for SHFFL'd uair, I'll give it a shot.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
SHFFL'd uair is fun.

I only ever use the control stick for bairs and fairs, when going the same direction as the aerial.
But I generally always use the c-stick outside of that.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I don't understand how short hops are difficult, lul.

Anyway, I'm gonna find a copy of Melee in the next couple of days, then I'll destroy everyone when I can practice stuff.

Sheik and Jigglypuff are stupid.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yes.

Anyway.
Me and Josh decided your PR list means nothing until you follow some of the actual PR guidelines.
Like, having 3 members, and such.

Edit: Well he didn't, but I did, I just used his name to get leverage.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
No one has approached me and said anything about wanting to have input.

Also keep in mind that until recently I was the only one who cared enough to organise the PR.
Actually you just went off and did it without asking anyone. Ill be on the panel if needed, I used to run the old melee ranking before most of you came along.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday.

Since something else is happening on the 8th I was thinking a smash meet at my house on like the 5th,6th or 7th.

I havnt got any work for a couple more weeks, if anyone wants to come round and play some Smash or something your quite welcome too, just let me know.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Actually you just went off and did it without asking anyone. Ill be on the panel if needed, I used to run the old melee ranking before most of you came along.
Think about what was running through my mind when I first made the PR.
"Hmm... Ghostbone likes Melee, but he is new. All the old school players like Jamage, Hybrid and 2SXC seem to be more interested in Brawl/other games. Nova is pretty good, but also seems to be more interested in Brawl... I guess I'll just do it myself".

Now that the scene has fleshed out, I'm perfectly happy with having other people on the panel. But you can see why I started it by myself.

IMO, it should be Grim/Jamage/Nova. If you guys are interested of course.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I havnt got any work for a couple more weeks, if anyone wants to come round and play some Smash or something your quite welcome too, just let me know.
This is my issue as well.
I'm so borrrred sigh.

W150, come around now.
I want to play Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Think about what was running through my mind when I first made the PR.
"Hmm... Ghostbone likes Melee, but he is new. All the old school players like Jamage, Hybrid and 2SXC seem to be more interested in Brawl/other games. Nova is pretty good, but also seems to be more interested in Brawl... I guess I'll just do it myself".

Now that the scene has fleshed out, I'm perfectly happy with having other people on the panel. But you can see why I started it by myself.

IMO, it should be Grim/Jamage/Nova. If you guys are interested of course.
I would help out with the PR.

If I had any opinion on it.
I'm not good enough in Melee anyway to be able to tell who is better than who.

Yea you wouldn't need me even if you wanted me XD

Also were we making a 64 PR or not?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Also were we making a 64 PR or not?
I'll make a PR list as soon as I become the best in the state :awesome:

And I will still take your input into account, the reason why I said Jamage/Grim/Nova is because we all have experience in different areas. Jamage knows the old school smashers, I run the tournaments and Nova provides lady gaga/tornadoes/olimar rage

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Kinda lame that u would just lay that bombshell on us without any extra info
ReyRey said:
I'm supposed to let some dude called Josh know that Nova can't meet with you.
He got arrested a few hours ago for assault in the city, lololol. He didn't tell me where to let you/Josh know either....so if anyone ever actually understands my brother please pass the message if I'm posting this wrong. idk

I dunno who any of your real names are but Nova said I've met you, but I can't remember you. I don't remember many of you smashers when you're here though. lol

So yeah, he can't meet with you, he'll explain when he can.
From MMGN.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Dam that sucks. Hopefully it was only for a few hours or overnight.
3 stocking some noob is not assault :p
Cao puts it in the OP lol.
......waits to hear the full story.

I just realised Mason has Poke Floats in the Melee CP list. WTF that stage is like the worst in the game.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Jamage, can you please change the topic title.
That's not something I want advertised. >_<

I'll explain when I see people next.

In more important news, though, New Years Eve is 43, ergh.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I just realised Mason has Poke Floats in the Melee CP list. WTF that stage is like the worst in the game.
My reasoning:
1. I don't ban things because they are "gay" or "not fun". This is too subjective and will lead to a slippery slope that will over-all be detrimental for the community.

2. I'd like to keep the rulesets for Valhalla and StreetGeek different too appeal to more communities. The SG ruleset has more stages legal as the stakes are not as high and there is a larger amount of casual players who attend. The Valhalla ruleset will be much more conservative to ensure consistent results.

3. The problems most people have with the stage are not legitimate at all. There are 0 random elements and it really isn't that janky to fight on. The only semi-legitimate issue is the promotion of run-away camping as Fox. I won't say anything on this issue other than that if you do it to one of the SG randoms, I'll be disappointed and may accidentally mix-up the brackets so you play against 2SXC every round.

SethT

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but this news just made my night. Can't stop laughing...

All I can imagine is Nova beating the crap out of some D1ckhead
cannot wait for the story though.

EDIT: Also, anyone thinking of attending The Power Of One in Brisbane? Might grab a plane ticket up there.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
A few SA people have said they might go to that.
I'm confirmed, so is Apollo.
Grim said he might.
Jamage said he might.
W150 said he might.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
A few SA people have said they might go to that.
I'm confirmed, so is Apollo.
Grim said he might.
Jamage said he might.
W150 said he might.
I'll come if I can get the money. I'm going to try and get a job as soon as possible to save up for this.

Then I just need to convince my parents that someone they've never met before is responsible enough to have me stay at their house.

SethT

Smash Ace
EH yeah, i have the money, i just need to convince my folks that its a better investment to spend money flying over the country to a gaming competition then buy a car...

easy stuff....

Top Bottom