• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
so with all this melee talk, how many SA folks acutally play melee seriously? wouldn't mind popping 'round at some point

Nova

Banned via Warnings
so with all this melee talk, how many SA folks acutally play melee seriously? wouldn't mind popping 'round at some point
Grim pointed out those of us that play melee seriously, but I wanna add a few points given how incredibly inactive SA's smash scene was this time last year.

1: Now we have quite regular meets + two tourneys per month for the last few.
2: At the meets I've gone to, Melee has been played like 3 times as much as Brawl, I can't stand playing Brawl for more than 40 minutes now.
3: Our scene has probably got more people interested in Melee than Brawl.
4: I've seen steady improvement in most Melee players, especially myself who's gone from L-cancelling like 1 move half the time and never playing mind games to L-cancelling everything and being eager to learn lots of matchups/combos and stuff.

I complained a lot about this time last year about SA's smash scene for two reasons.

A: It wasn't active enough, and nobody was inspired enough to do anything about it.
B: I wanted to generally learn Melee but I'm not a psycho like zxv who gets crazy good at the game without human practice, now when I can play it for like 7 hours against people, I'm happy I've gotten better and will continue to do so for a long time.

Both of my major issues have been fixed, so I believe enough of us play Melee seriously.
We'll still get destroyed by you, though, lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Grim pointed out those of us that play melee seriously, but I wanna add a few points given how incredibly inactive SA's smash scene was this time last year.

1: Now we have quite regular meets + two tourneys per month for the last few.
2: At the meets I've gone to, Melee has been played like 3 times as much as Brawl, I can't stand playing Brawl for more than 40 minutes now.
3: Our scene has probably got more people interested in Melee than Brawl.
4: I've seen steady improvement in most Melee players, especially myself who's gone from L-cancelling like 1 move half the time and never playing mind games to L-cancelling everything and being eager to learn lots of matchups/combos and stuff.

I complained a lot about this time last year about SA's smash scene for two reasons.

A: It wasn't active enough, and nobody was inspired enough to do anything about it.
B: I wanted to generally learn Melee but I'm not a psycho like zxv who gets crazy good at the game without human practice, now when I can play it for like 7 hours against people, I'm happy I've gotten better and will continue to do so for a long time.

Both of my major issues have been fixed, so I believe enough of us play Melee seriously.
We'll still get destroyed by you, though, lol.
best thing i've heard all year. adelaide was the best in its melee peak. let me know when theres a big smashfest planned and we'll train and stuff

Azernus

Smash Apprentice
**** you guys i love melee

oh btw back from being MIA. wtf. tempreture goes from 20 to 43, nova gets arrested, australia sucks at cricket annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd melee is more popular than brawl now.

i think im in singapore x_x

EDIT: btw id rock up/play melee more with ppl but

1: my dad's dying
2: ive been fired from my job
3: more depressing etc etc
4: only smashers dad trusts me to meet are mason and seth, both 1 hour from me, and seth hates melee -_-

i am serious about melee, really <3 ive just never played competative video games before 1 month ago ;_;

DOUBLE EDIT: hope everyone had a great christmas/going to have a great NY :3

Nova

Banned via Warnings
'sif he doesn't trust me.
I'm always protected. <3
AND I'm closer to you, iirc.

Sorry to hear about your dad though.
Mine died a couple of years ago, though we weren't the closest.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
best thing i've heard all year. adelaide was the best in its melee peak. let me know when theres a big smashfest planned and we'll train and stuff
Reloaded 7 in July will be the biggest Adelaide smash event of the year. Looking at at least $1000 prize money for Smash. You guys should come back down here for that.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Upcoming Streetgeek Smash events (21/1/10) will ALL be held on Friday night to give people a chance to enter the Smash comps at both Streetgeek and Valhalla :D
Halo Reach, Guitar Hero etc will all be held on the Saturday.

Adelaide Smash now has its own Youtube playlist on my profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jamage007#grid/user/2C8F77A57BB6FA2F

Any vids anyone from SA would like added just give me the link and ill do it.

I have also added and Australian smash bros section with links to other peoples pages on my page who I have found and thought worthy. If anyone has a worthy channel or knows one give me the link please.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Good.

Next year, I'm implementing a point system (completely unrelated to power rankings) that will be updated each time there is a tournament for Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, Melee Doubles, Melee Singles.

1st = 10 points
2nd = 8 points
3rd = 6 points etc

Victoria started doing it a little with a couple of their Brawl tourneys earlier this year, but I don't think it was finished.
Basically a quick way to look back on tourney results with both scenes growing.

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
List of reasons that goldensun> Gradius
Aroma
Balm
Bane
Blitz
Breath
Breeze
Cannon
Char
Chill
Coal
Core
Corona
Crystal
Dew
Echo
Eddy
Ember
Ether
Fever
Fizz
Flash
Flint
Flower
Fog
Forge
Fugue
Fury
Gale
Gasp
Gel
Geode
Granite
Ground
Gust
Hail
Haze
Iron
Kindle
Kite
Luff
Lull
Meld
Mist
Mold
Mud
Petra
Quartz
Reflux
Rime
Salt
Sap
Scorch
Serac
Shade
Shine
Sleet
Smog
Sour
Spark
Spring
Spritz
Squall
Steam
Steel
Tinder
Tonic
Torch
Vine
Waft
Wheeze
Whorl
Zephyr

Nova

Banned via Warnings
This phone is terrible though.
It doesn't like letting me backspace on Smashboards for some reason.

I thought of something also.
If Peach pulls out a Beam Sword she should get Marth's Fsmash.
Yes? ^_^

SethT

Smash Ace
fml, NEVER DRINKING AGAIN. I do to much embarrassing ****...

ah well... time to learn a new game.....
well, AZ TO MELEE!
imo, imma prob practice both hardcore now that theres a tv in my room.
Whoever has a spare copy of melee, inform me and I shall buy it.

Top Bottom