• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

swordsaint

Smash Master
Aero's a Queenslander who doesn't go to tournaments.

I had no idea you played wi-fi Grim. I play a bit myself if you wanna hit me up for some games some time.

SethT

Smash Ace
In my very uneducated opinion...

1. Apollo
2. Nova
3/4/5
This is where it starts to get fuzzy imo. I managed to beat both Desert Eagle/Jamage but both of them I've only beaten in one "official" tourny. Jamage has beaten me multiple times previously, my first win against him being in the last SG. I'm 100% sure that if I hadn't had the practice against DE's DK previously he would of beaten me quite convincingly. That being said he's the first DK I've played....
6. Grim! PLAY HIGHER TIER CHARACTERS :D
7. *shrugs*

Were also forgetting Hybrid in this list. I managed to beat him consistantly with his snake but he ***** me with MK dittos v_v speaking of which, next tourny I need much practice vs'ing MK's :3

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
After playing on wifi all of last night, I've concluded that the only character I can decently play with is Samus xD

My spacing game as Jigglypuff is messed up, my combo and spacing game as Mario is messed up, and my Pokemon Trainer spacing game is messed up.

Samus is just **** on Wi-Fi xD

zApollo

Smash Ace
So guys, this is what you have been waiting for! SA's very first Power Ranking list, however late, has now been finalised.

SA Brawl Power Rankings v1.01 (10/10)

1. Apollo

2. Nova

3. Jamage

4. Desert Eagle

5. Aces

6. Grim Tuesday

7. Hybrid

8. Blue Bomber

9. Shadowman

10. Rasberry

This list may expand to cover the top 10, expect at least 2 revisions per year. The OP of the thread will be updated with the PR.

EDIT: The list has now been expanded to cover an even 10 rankers.

Eagle

Smash Lord
You're goin' down Jamage.

By at least one rank, thus moving me up one. In case that wasn't clear.

Edit: Also makes me want to bring my Fox game up.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol no, Grim.
Unless you can beat my low tiers (yeah I do use them, just not often), you're nothing.
My Ganon *****.
I was implying that I am the best with low tiers overall (considering I use Jigglypuff, Mario, Samus, Yoshi and Pokemon Trainer), but I could probably beat your Ganon anyway xD.

$5 MM next tourney?

Ants Ganon will probly have something to say to that.
Ant doesn't even play xD

Your a funny man Grim :D
Yes.
And handsome.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
If $5 is all you're confident on betting Grim, then sure.

I can use every single character bar Sonic, so it doesn't matter to me.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Nova's random <3

edit:
Also.... @Grim
My online name is Jesus, ill add you when i go online next. Im on pretty regularly, just gotta finish assignments so wont be on that much though. btw ill lag really bad, ask Nova or Apollo <3

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I suggest we set up weekly meets or some shiz.
Several other states do and our scene is definitely growing or at least has become more inspired lately.

I'm willing to travel virtually anywhere so come up with ideas.
And I could have people picked up on my way.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE***************##############

zApollo

Smash Ace
I would also like to brush up my metaknight skills and give the other guys practice. It however depends on how much study I can achieve before then, I did say earlier I probably couldn't come.

Is it a saturday or sunday Jamage?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'd prefer a Sunday this time as I am working late Friday (I loathe this shift).
But I can deal either way.

Edit: Hai Chu. <3

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Can I get some clarification on the stages that aren't selectable by someone using King Dedede in the Streetgeek ruleset?
Because I don't really understand that part, does it only apply for counter-picking? Or is halberd somehow not selectable through stage striking?

And also, suppose in the first game I play against a marth with falco. If I lose am I then allowed to counter-pick Delfino Plaza, and then change to dedede, if my opponent stays marth? Or am I only allowed to change to any character besides dedede?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
The Streetgeek ruleset is outdated.
The DDD rule no longer applies and he can be picked on any allowable stage.

In regards to counterpicking (if you lose), you would choose the stage, the other person picks their character, then you would pick yours.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Alright thanks, (the rule did seem a bit silly...)
Are green greens and Port Town Aero Dive still being decided upon in terms of their legality?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I honestly don't believe either of them have a place in competitive play, but SA's stage list is a lot more lenient than other states in Australia, so I'm not too sure.

Imo Green Green's should most definitely not be legal.

Top Bottom