• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It's a great idea to test out the new stagelist before integrating it into official tourney play. The next SG isn't for another month and a bit though so meets may be a good place to start.
My proposition, for those who haven't heard it over MSN yet, is to make every stage legal and have players strike from the entire list.

It only adds a couple more minutes to matches (if that), and most players will probably just agree on a stage anyway.

On another note, I've printed off and laminated the SSBM standard ruleset for use at tourneys.

SethT

Smash Ace
My proposition, for those who haven't heard it over MSN yet, is to make every stage legal and have players strike from the entire list.

It only adds a couple more minutes to matches (if that), and most players will probably just agree on a stage anyway.

On another note, I've printed off and laminated the SSBM standard ruleset for use at tourneys.
Items.... Every stage legal

....your just out to f*** over the rules aren't you :3

swordsaint

Smash Master
grim, big flaw in just legalising one unorthodox stage is that people won't want to pick it anyway. So the chances of it being played on to determine viability is slim.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Items.... Every stage legal

....your just out to f*** over the rules aren't you :3
Yes. Yes I am.

grim, big flaw in just legalising one unorthodox stage is that people won't want to pick it anyway. So the chances of it being played on to determine viability is slim.
Depends on the stage.
There are some stages that are universally hated, but a lot of them are banned because of an over-centralizing tactic. A savvy player would choose the stage with said over-centralizing tactic and abuse it. This will then decide the legality of the stage.

Besides, keep in mind these would be SIDE-tournaments. If we wanted a stage to be tested, we could just make every match take place on that stage. It's not like it would matter.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Looks like the smashmeet wont be happening this weekend. Is everyone cool for saturday the 23rd.

Grim im not gonna stage strike nearly 30 times for each round its fn ridiculous and I cant beleive you actually thought of doing it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Looks like the smashmeet wont be happening this weekend. Is everyone cool for saturday the 23rd.

Grim im not gonna stage strike nearly 30 times for each round its fn ridiculous and I cant beleive you actually thought of doing it.
I'm fine with the 23rd.

It is not "fn" ridiculous xD
It is only 20 strikes each, barely takes any time at all. If it is really a problem, similar stages could be grouped together and you could strike groups.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Can't do next weekend sorry, was hoping it would be this weekend. With exams and stuff coming up plus overseas trips I probably won't have another chance until feb next year. Will still be around on the boards every now and then though.

Splice

Smash Hero
Holy cow Grim that 20 strike thing is actually ridiculous lol.

I've played in matches where its taken 2 minutes to strike the stages, and regardless of time it's just tedious to strike that many.

Eliminate as many unorthodox stages as possible, try a range of 12 stages or something maybe, I mean I'm all for 9 starters, but the whole list man... maaaaan

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Holy cow Grim that 20 strike thing is actually ridiculous lol.

I've played in matches where its taken 2 minutes to strike the stages, and regardless of time it's just tedious to strike that many.

Eliminate as many unorthodox stages as possible, try a range of 12 stages or something maybe, I mean I'm all for 9 starters, but the whole list man... maaaaan
If it is really a problem, similar stages could be grouped together and you could strike groups.
Also, keep in mind that players aren't gonna spend a minute wondering whether to strike Mario Bros. or Hyrule Temple.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Well actually it would take me a while to weigh the pros and cons of mario bros and Hyrule temple, then choose between the two. Besides the point anyway.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Probably not, Apollo; I'm not motivated enough atm. Like 20%

Edit: Actually Chris, your house is closer, so that is a plus I guess. :/

Nova

Banned via Warnings
rofl @ the with remote jab.
I'll never forgive myself for what I did at Rocky. >_>

I've started training Sheik/Zelda again (and even a bit of ZSS), so I'm eager to try them again.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Thanks Chris for hosting.
I played so awful lol. :(

Stupid DK & ZSS.
Also Grim I had a look at the replay I was thinking of and it's another hazard that I was on about.
So you're right about the line probably.

I am wrong >_>

zApollo

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone who came today, it was great fun. Mini tourneys ftw.

Yeah I still have your card Grim, will hold onto it.

SethT

Smash Ace
Oh, and my re-done opinions on SA Rankings:
1. Gaganova
2. Apollo
3. Desert Eagle
4. Aces_
5/6. Grim Tuesday/Jamage
7-x. Everyone Else
Lol... Agreed Eagle!

It may of been 70:30 (him the 70) in practices with him but I still beat him in the mini-tourney :3 Nevertheless this can only be dictated by a PR list! tbh I still think Apollo has the edge over Nova but we shall see in future time.

We gotta see you vs Jamage though :3 I think his pika/diddy was getting pretty deadly as well.

zzzzzz your DK Eagle... amazing stuff right there! MORE BACK AIR KAIGO :3

Thanks to everyone who came today, it was great fun. Mini tourneys ftw.
Had heaps of fun ^^! Thanks for hosting!

Splice

Smash Hero
Apollo come to EC more, I think you had so much potential to compete with our best at Rocky :c

I miss you, awesome guy from memory haha

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
1. Gaganova
2. Apollo
3. Desert Eagle
4. Aces_
5/6. Grim Tuesday/Jamage
7-x. Everyone Else

So wrong imo.

IMO:
Apollo
Nova
Jamage
Aces
Desert Eagle
Grim

Aces has only ever beaten me once and that was a 65/35 matchup, I think I definatly have the upper hand on you for the meanwhile and Eagle has been out of action and last SG he attended I knocked him out beating his DK and Fox.
I dont expect to hold that spot but atm thats where I think I definatly deserve to be.

Lespar

Smash Cadet
1. Gaganova
2. Apollo
3. Desert Eagle
4. Aces_
5/6. Grim Tuesday/Jamage
7-x. Everyone Else
:O doesn't Nova openly admit that Apollo is better than him?
Huzzah for everyone else! :)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
wtf
How is Apollo lower than me. :S
He beat me in the tourney fair and square despite my Brinstar/MK johns.
He is better.
And I had the most trouble with eagle.
I hate stupid DK's cargo nonsense. :@
I abandon Olimar again.

Edit: Also arguments about placings is fun.
On my exp the top 3 are Apollo, myself & Eagle, as they're the only two I've dropped sets to.

Aces/Jamage, I dunno who ranks there.
And Grim would be good if he used Falco or Marth (or even Kirby who is a buffed Jigs) instead of low tiers.

swordsaint

Smash Master
lespar, it gets you out instantly when dk walks off the stage

but if dk does his throw as he walks off the stage, the cargo spike will happen regardless.

> unless im missing something about how it gets you out quicker on stage too.

Lespar

Smash Cadet
It gets you out quicker on stage too. my friend could guarantee a cargo spike at >50% if I was anywhere near the edge. When I learnt about just holding up he could only do it at >100% and very close to the edge (then he quit playing DK :p).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So wrong imo.
IMO:
Apollo
Nova
Jamage
Aces
Desert Eagle
Grim

Aces has only ever beaten me once and that was a 65/35 matchup, I think I definatly have the upper hand on you for the meanwhile and Eagle has been out of action and last SG he attended I knocked him out beating his DK and Fox.
I dont expect to hold that spot but atm thats where I think I definatly deserve to be.
You can't john that it is a 65/35 match-up. Otherwise I'd be at the top just for doing decent in 20:80 match-ups with Mario, Puff, etc... :p

I reckon' Aces > You (Just for the fact that he mains MK, I think you are better than his ZSS) :p But we'll see.

We haven't played for ages, Jamie. Like I said, bring it on.

Eagle beat Aces_ yesterday :p
Tournament as well, not friendlies (well friendly-tournament xD).

wtf
How is Apollo lower than me. :S
He beat me in the tourney fair and square despite my Brinstar/MK johns.

And Grim would be good if he used Falco or Marth (or even Kirby who is a buffed Jigs) instead of low tiers.
[facepalm] Sorry, I thought you won in the tourney [/facepalm]

And yeah, I need to find a high tier that I like. I'm into Pokemon Trainer at the moment, so I'm at least moving up xD

zApollo

Smash Ace
The PR will be established as soon as possible, sorry for the confusion everyone.

Apollo come to EC more, I think you had so much potential to compete with our best at Rocky :c
I have done a few trips to Sydney this year during some of their boost tournaments. Although I really should visit Melbourne, Rocky last year was an amazing experience which I feel I never really did take full advantage of. It was awesome to meet you then xD

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Apollo come with me to Melb some time.
I wouldn't recommend the next one though as it's more of a novelty.

AND OMG MY FLU/RHINOVIRUS HAS FINALLY LEFT. *_*

Splice

Smash Hero
If Apollo comes then I will force the idea of super serious tournament down Conors throat and we will have a serious tournament <3

Eagle

Smash Lord
I didn't beat Aces in the tourney, Grim. Unless you mean one game of the three.

However, I did beat Nova 3 times a row in the tournament, and the previous smash meet I did beat his Shiek/Zelda 3stocked with my Rob. So..... umm.. Hmm, I thought I had a point to this. Oh well..

Hehe nah, I'm sure Nova is better than me but he was sick.

Can everyone stop talking about preventing the stage spike? I'm sorry, but it is impossible and you should just put your controller down and walk away. ;)

Top Bottom