• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

zApollo

Smash Ace
Thanks so much for hosting the meet today Jamage, I had heaps of fun. Will post shoutouts and stuff later again. Good to see you again after a while Eagle, meanest DK as always. It's a shame ZSS gimps him so bad >.<

Oh and, get some rest Shaun. You reallly need it.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Oh my god Brawl bored the hell out of me at the end.

<3 Melee.

Umm, nice seeing everyone.
Eagle your DK is ferral. :@
And wtf @ your Rob.

Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
ÖÏÑÍØ
λζαμθγξξδξΒΔΗΙ
ΞΚΚΕΒΒυΆΧΨ
ΎΆΡ΅·Τ
c
b
f
Hahaha.
Meh.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Thanks so much for hosting the meet today Jamage, I had heaps of fun. Will post shoutouts and stuff later again. Good to see you again after a while Eagle, meanest DK as always. It's a shame ZSS gimps him so bad >.<

Thanks Jamage!
Nice meeting you Eagle!
I played so badly in Melee -__-.
After today I decided I want to stick with Puff in Brawl and just keep improving her, so expect more rollout goodness :)

Eagle

Smash Lord
Yeah, lots of fun guys hope we do it again soon. :)

Haha Apollo, out of all the people I vsed I did soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad against you as DK. :) Maybe not 'so' bad, but its 'cause your ZSS is too good. Too, too good.

And nice meeting you too, Grim. :)

Oh, and Nova's Snake. Ouch. :(

But I 3 stocked your Shiek/Zelda with Rob. ^o^

And yeah, thanks for hostin' Jamage. :)

SethT

Smash Ace
Thanks Jamage for hosting :D great fun....
next time I'll def's remember to eat food the night before/breakfast.... too many moving things for mind to comprehend = LOTS OF MISTAKES! **** YOU SHUTTLE LOOP!

next time ill make plans to stay the night, had fun :D

zApollo

Smash Ace
So who's going to the next SG this upcoming saturday? We can test out the new stage list then.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So who's going to the next SG this upcoming saturday? We can test out the new stage list then.
Here's the new recommended ruleset so far btw, for anyone who cares:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL RULES
• 3 stock.
• 8 minutes.
• Items are turned to off and none.
• If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage.
• If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreakers is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches).
• Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
• All people are responsible for their own control scheme/name tag and must make sure it is set before the match begins. Both players must agree to restart a match on account of a controller problem.
• Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape is banned.
• Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling.)
• Extending an infinite lock/combo/chain above 300% is considered stalling.
• Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
• Some interactions (for example, interrupting a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is considered stalling.

SET FORMAT
1. Both players choose their characters (as well as their sub-character and costume) for the first game. A double-blind pick may be requested by either player.
2. Players start the stage-striking procedure in order to select the first stage. The optimal procedure for striking stages is 1-1-2-2-1-1 assuming "1" is player 1 and "2" is player 2.
3. Each player may ban a stage from the counterpick list for the match.
4. The first game is played using the stage chosen by step 2.
5. The loser of the previous game chooses a stage from the starter or counterpick list. No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless the other player agrees.
6. The winner of the previous game chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous game chooses their character.
8. Steps 5-7 are repeated as necessary.

DOUBLES PLAY
• Team attack is on.
• Sharing stocks is allowed.
• Controller ports are determined in a 1221.
• If the clock expires and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. (A player who has been eliminated has 0 stocks and 0%).
• Causing both characters of a team to become frozen (i.e. by interrupting a throw with a wind attack) is to be treated the same way as freezing the opponent in singles. Leaving only one of the opponents' characters frozen is legal since the teammate can work to undo the freeze.

OTHER RULES
• On a player's counterpick, that player may choose to redo the port selection process, with that player/team picking their port first.
• After a match has been called, if a player is 2 minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 6 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.
• In team games, it may be requested that certain characters be assigned a specific team color in order to prevent any unnecessary confusion. For instance, Sonic, Lucario, or Falco may be requested to be assigned the blue team.
• In the case of a console/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

STAGES
STARTER STAGES:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
Lylat Cruise

COUNTER-PICK STAGES:
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar (Melee)
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
PictoChat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
Jungle Japes (Melee)
Norfair
Hanenbow (Doubles)

BANNED/COUNTER-PICK (Requre Further Testing):
Green Greens (Melee)
Port Town Aero Dive

BANNED:
75m
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow (Singles)
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom
New Pork City
Pirate Ship
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
WarioWare, Inc.
Big Blue (Melee)
Corneria (Melee)
Onett (Melee)
Temple (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember this is work in progress. It was compiled by myself, Apollo, Jamage and Aces_.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I don't really care for the bottom 3 starter stages. I just like to play on FD, Battlefield and Smashville all day. :p

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'm starting to like Castle Siege.
And I like Halberd but people will ban/strike it against me lolol.

Green Greens should not be a CP, though.
Maybe if it didn't have those ******** bomb blocks.

I dunno why we still use the DDD rule; pretty sure no where else in Aus does. :/

Splice

Smash Hero
Even though there are up to 7 stages to have as starter, I'm pretty sure it's recommended you just use 5 out of those 7.

Also why do you have the (D) rule on Halberd (only works at the start of the match for about 2 seconds. dont be ********) and Rainbow Cruise (easy to avoid on RC)

And not... Distant Planet, where it's actually ****, Castle Siege, where it's actually ****, and...

Why do you even have that stupid rule at all? The (D) rule is just a hassle...

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Even though there are up to 7 stages to have as starter, I'm pretty sure it's recommended you just use 5 out of those 7.

Also why do you have the (D) rule on Halberd (only works at the start of the match for about 2 seconds. dont be ********) and Rainbow Cruise (easy to avoid on RC)

And not... Distant Planet, where it's actually ****, Castle Siege, where it's actually ****, and...

Halberd more coz of the infinate spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UEzXOOoxto

I did mention Castle Seige's walkoff part but forgot about Distant Planet.

Splice

Smash Hero
lol didn't even know about the Halberd one. Does it work on all characters, even the lightest ones?

But seriously the Rainbow Cruise one is far more avoidable, it's really big player error if you get stuck there, imo unneccessary.

Also, by any chance does the thing on Halberd also work on Norfair and PS1? I'm pretty sure there is gay D3 hacks on Norfair lol.

But regardless the (D) rule is not something I agree with, in any case.
Out of curiousity, what is your protocol if someone CP's one of those stages, and then the opponent switches main to D3?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm starting to like Castle Siege.
And I like Halberd but people will ban/strike it against me lolol.

Green Greens should not be a CP, though.
Maybe if it didn't have those ******** bomb blocks.

I dunno why we still use the DDD rule; pretty sure no where else in Aus does. :/
I've been watching quite a few Melee matches on Greens. I seriously think it's fine. If you are worried about the bomb blocks, air dodge over the pile whenever you want to cross it.

I was opposed to the (D) rule, but Jamage wanted it. Now that I've got like... 3 people complaining about it, I think it's fine to remove it (already taken care of).

Dedede rule is definitely unnecessary. No one even uses that rule anymore. Tbh your stagelist is fairly whack too.
Like I said, removed the (D) rule. How is out stage list "fairly whack"?

EDIT: I have also moved Siege and Halberd to counter-pick.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'd hate Green Greens even more on Melee lol.

Scott's probably referring to Norfair, Distant Planet & Japes as being the as being the whack ones.

I finally got my brother to play Melee so I can get some practice. :D
My Marf is now at least 3 times better thank gawd.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'd hate Green Greens even more on Melee lol.

Scott's probably referring to Norfair, Distant Planet & Japes as being the as being the whack ones.

I finally got my brother to play Melee so I can get some practice. :D
My Marf is now at least 3 times better thank gawd.
Norfair is fine, the hazards come on a timer and none are game-changing. All are avoidable.

Distant Planet's walk-off is balanced by:
a) The rain that interrupts it for at least half of the match (iirc) and
b) Only being able to chain throw up it.
c) Having to dash grab, increasing the chance of tripping (again, iirc).
And the circle camping around that bottom ledge isn't powerful enough to warrant a ban.

Jungle Japes is definitely fine. The basic platforms are all fine, the river is fine and the Klap Trap comes on a timer, and is tech-able (iirc, again, again).

I'm good against Melee Marf :bee:

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol, you're good against Melee Marth?
What?
Mine (which is horridly bayud) can beat you. ^_^
At least my bayud Marth can only go up...
ALTHOUGH!
So can youuuuuuuuuuuu + you're younger. :@
Ugh Brawl's borin'. </3

Speaking of which..
I don't have an issue with any of the stages minus Green Green's myself, just listing the ones I'm guessing are whack in the eyes of young Scoot.

Distant Planet actually seems to be quite a decent cp imo.
Norfair I used to detest, but not anymore.

As for Japes I don't know if the Klap Trap runs on the same timer all the time.
On Melee (they might have changed it) if you do the Lv9 Ness suicide, sometimes the Klap Trap will kill him, other times it won't.

My motto for CP's: That's what MK is for. ^_^

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol, you're good against Melee Marth?
What?
Mine (which is horridly bayud) can beat you. ^_^
At least my bayud Marth can only go up...
ALTHOUGH!
So can youuuuuuuuuuuu + you're younger. :@
Ugh Brawl's borin'. </3

Speaking of which..
I don't have an issue with any of the stages minus Green Green's myself, just listing the ones I'm guessing are whack in the eyes of young Scoot.

Distant Planet actually seems to be quite a decent cp imo.
Norfair I used to detest, but not anymore.

As for Japes I don't know if the Klap Trap runs on the same timer all the time.
On Melee (they might have changed it) if you do the Lv9 Ness suicide, sometimes the Klap Trap will kill him, other times it won't.

My motto for CP's: That's what MK is for. ^_^
Don't judge my Melee skill on ANYTHING that happened at that Smashmeet. That is quite possibly the worst I have ever played ever. I couldn't JC Shine, Dash Dance, Short Hop, ANYTHING. :(

Even if the Klap Trap doesn't run on a timer, it's below the stage, it's not like it interrupts fights or anything.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol how can you not Dash Dance wtf.
TOO MUCH BRAWL! :D

I didn't play your Puff or ICies, though.
Do you even still use ICs?
I think it was you who used them; they were good, also.

Edit: I got my shifts today also.
I'll probably stay Friday night for a change.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol how can you not Dash Dance wtf.
TOO MUCH BRAWL! :D

I didn't play your Puff or ICies, though.
Do you even still use ICs?
I think it was you who used them; they were good, also.

Edit: I got my shifts today also.
I'll probably stay Friday night for a change.
Yeah, too much Brawl is what I was thinking as well.
I would have been better if I just played more Melee matches that day, but we were pretty much all just doing Brawl, so... Yeah.

I still use ICies, but I don't use Puff anymore. Got to boring. I still use Puff in Brawl though (obviously).

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Jamage I dunno if you can do anything but I cannot log into my SG account.
I forgot my password (meh) but when I try to reset it, it resends some stupid confirmation code over and over, but doesn't send me a new password (you use the confirmation code to get a new password sent...).
Siiigh.

I'll probs just make a new one when I get home.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Jamage I dunno if you can do anything but I cannot log into my SG account.
I forgot my password (meh) but when I try to reset it, it resends some stupid confirmation code over and over, but doesn't send me a new password (you use the confirmation code to get a new password sent...).
Siiigh.

I'll probs just make a new one when I get home.
What will you be voting for?

zApollo

Smash Ace
Current stage list is fine by me, opinions from interstate players don't apply in SA.

ZSS can also infinite on Norfair.

Splice

Smash Hero
Stagelist is fine btw Mason, don't need to get rid of CPs or add more.

Just fix up starters so you have 5 (I guess you can have 7 but CS and Halberd for starters are meh)
And no (D) rule is good :)

Also ZSS can infinite on every stage... if she's against ROB.
ZSS is broken has combo's and wth.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Some things just stick with u, it might have been 74. I remember most of our matches (we only had a small amount), that one just sticks out!
Remember when like.. it was you and I in the finals.. and, like, I totally beat you.. and stuff.. as in I got first place.. mhmmmmmm.. ^_^

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Annnnnnnt you need to go to the next SG and put Desert Ego in his place. <3
Also convince your brother to go.

I can't make up my mind for the poll.
I love Brawl dubs. :/

zApollo

Smash Ace
I really want to come this weekend, not 100% sure yet though.

Grim, I think it's a grab release regrab on the mother boys.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Annnnnnnt you need to go to the next SG and put Desert Ego in his place. <3
Also convince your brother to go.

I can't make up my mind for the poll.
I love Brawl dubs. :/
Do Melee Nova. I command thee.

I really want to come this weekend, not 100% sure yet though.

Grim, I think it's a grab release regrab on the mother boys.
Everyone and their dog has a grab release on the mother boys :laugh:

I'm in the same boat as Apollo, want to come but not 100%. My parents don't really like the idea of me going to video game tournaments every weekend. :ohwell:

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Get owned by your parents and schoolwork youngsters lolol.

So glad I cbf going and studying law.
I still could but I won't live long enough to care ololol.
I should have became a doctor though...
Prescriptions.....
Yeeeeesssssss.... <3

Top Bottom