• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| S.Q.U.A.T. V | DEC 12th/13th | Results to come |

Select all answers that are true for you (You can select more than one answer!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Perthoids sounds better. I agree Perth should priority at Bobs but its up to BOB i think. the man does so much for the smash scene here i think he should have a say in it all :).

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
vyse, i'm thinking of bringing a setup solely for melee money matches, and i'll try and get some recording equipment for it. would you be up for that? or would it violate your "only one game set up at a time" rule? i'll be bringing 2 full setups if you're up for it (one mm setup and one tournament one).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
vyse, i'm thinking of bringing a setup solely for melee money matches, and i'll try and get some recording equipment for it. would you be up for that? or would it violate your "only one game set up at a time" rule? i'll be bringing 2 full setups if you're up for it (one mm setup and one tournament one).
I can't tell you that you can't but I will ask you that whatever setups you bring are dedicated to the currently running game. That being said, a money match set up may not be so bad of an idea IF we can spare it. (In case you couldn't see it, that's a huge if).

One game at a time is all that I ask.
It is not fair to either game to have Melee during Brawl time and Brawl during Melee time.

Basically, I want TV's and if you'll bring both anyway, I'd ask that they'd be dedicated to the tournament in the interest of keeping the tournament on time and on track.

So here's the deal -> During Pools, I want all setups dedicated to the tournament for tournament use. During the Bracket, after the first two rounds, you may set your TV aside to be dedicated to money matches (and set up to record them too). I'll make sure nobody uses it for friendlies and only for money matches (Unless nobody wants to MM anyone, in which case go friendlies!).

But yeah, in the interest of keeping people's attention on the tournament, and in the interest of running a smooth event, I'll have to ask you to keep by that rule :(

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Might be coming to this if I'm back in Aus in time... and have money...we shall see!

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
but how do you get that number? you cant just add all the others up because people could vote for more than one thing.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, I can do the maths. completely ignore anything I said earlier. I didn't see the thing that said 79 people voted and I thought people were just adding all the other numbers. But I'm still confused as to why I LAG said 10 earlier. I can't believe I'm debating about cake, lol

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
he probably saw that 53 people said they like cake, and how it's 73% of all people, and did a rough estimate not seeing the bit underneath saying how many people actually did vote.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
"Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You have already voted on this poll", should really be in bigger letters.

godarnit, internet went wierd and made me double post. (the first one didn't appear so I thought it hadn't worked)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Sorry Vyse, unless flight prices drop dramatically in the next month or so it doesn't look like I'll be coming to this.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Is there are rule about both people getting sent upwards to their death at the exact same time usually resulting in a sudden death but one gets unlucky and does the random "hit the screen" thing and dies first? I'm talking about melee BTW, I can't even remember if that's in brawl.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Whoever the game kills first is the loser.
Regardless of if you both went upwards at the same time.

(Also, the screen faceplant isn't random I don't think. But I have no evidence to back that up so I don't know).

If it actually goes to sudden death, we calculate by percent I think.
I'll be sure to make that clear when I get the Melee ruleset up this weekend coming.

EDIT:

That's okay Jei. I'll come see you instead next year ;)

And Ryan, you're supposed to be hosting aren't you!
lol.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
but my point is, if both characters get sent up in a way that WOULD cause a sudden death but due to the games completely luck based "hit the screen" thing, one character dies quicker resulting in an unfair and non - skill - based ending. Then the excact same thing could happen later but it would be normal and die at the same time which is fair and not luck based.

also: If it's not random what do you reckon it is based on? I think I know how I can test weather it is random.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Who are we to judge that two players died at the same time though?
It's not controlled by controller port priority, it's just unfortunate luck.

(Disregard the small edit I made before, it is indeed luck based)
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Screen_KO

This is just how it goes unfortunately. The alternative would be to have a judge monitor every single match in the tournament to watch for these instances, and then somehow tell whether both characters passed through the ceiling blastline on the exact same frame, none of which is conceivably doable.

The more that is left to the game to determine, the better. Peach's turnips are luck based. GnW's hammer is luck based (technically it's not but y'know).

There's nothing that can be done about it unless you have some means of measuring to the exact frame each character enters the ceiling blast line.

How do you avoid succumbing to Peach's lucky pulls?
The same way you avoid dying at the same time as your opponent.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I wasn't expecting there to actually be a rule about it. just saying that if it actually did happen in like the final it would suck lol. But as you pointed out, how the heck would you know if it actually had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom