• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| S.Q.U.A.T. V | DEC 12th/13th | Results to come |

Select all answers that are true for you (You can select more than one answer!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
So, does anyone feel like helping me get my computer up to SantaSmash?

Any help appreciated.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice

[General rules:
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Timer
  • Items set to “off” and ratio set to “none”
  • All sets with the exception of the championship match are best of 3 whilst the championship set is a best of five
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
    [*]In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
    [*]In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

[*]Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
    [*]If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. (This is because this, unlike other suicide moves is controlled by controller port priority)
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Excessive Stalling is banned*
*Excessive Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not excessively stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. ‘Planking’ is also tantamount to excessive stalling.
Yellow: This bit is repeated twice, just a small error I'm pointing out.

Red: There are other moves that initiate a suicide other than Bowser's suicide Klaw. Ganondorf's Aerudo is an example of this, if Ganon has a lower port, then it is a Sudden Death, higher port and he loses. This probably happens for Kirbycide/DDDcide/Wariocides too, as these characters end up closer to the bottom blast zone than their opponents in their neutral B moves.

Edit:
Green: Is the Extended Dimensional Cape banned as well as he Infinite Dimesnional Cape? (For anyone interested in what the EDC is, look here. Sorry I couldn't find the proper thread, but 'EDC' isn't long enough to be a search term.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
just 2 weeks to go! by the way, does anyone play any "strange" characters, like pichu for example? or any low tier characters?

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Kas is going. He mains Fox... (Im pretty sure). I think there is 1 mewtwo main going though, not sure who, don't think hes that pro though.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Hey Vyse, on the thread you've listed me as cpahanso, can you please list me as uber? I dont mind too much but that is the name i will be using at the tourney.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yo noobs. I'll be signing autographs now.
I had a few people ask me to sign their shirts at Genesis. lol.

At this point I'm going to stop worrying about out of staters as much, if they haven't organised themselves by now, they're probably not coming.

I'm going to focus on organising who's bringing what equipment.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Weeeell i burnt another copy of brawl and it doesn't seem to be freezing so that's another setup for us.

Also i just had a look at the stage list and i gotta say I'm pretty against it but meh I'm sort of a Smashville only kinda guy. I think maybe we should see what everyone else thinks as far as stage legality goes and see what we come up with.

As TO its your decision in the end so I'm fine with what ever happens in the end i suppose.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a spare copy of brawl/burnt copy O.o. I;ve been wanting to start playing brawl again. My copy disappeared a week after it came out ><, so its been missing for about a year+ rofl...

Sirias

Smash Champion
Hahahahah. Meant to team to fack, eh? Noice.
I thought I was teaming with Dave anyway.

And I don't know if I'll play or not.
I don't want to, but I will end up playing, more than likely.
Considering Zac will be there, and he controls me.
CONTROL. </3

tibs7

Smash Champion
lololol bad predictions

1.cao
2.SD
3.kas
4.turtle
5.me maybe ryan ;)

meree btw

Dekar289

Smash Hero