• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.o.T.H. : May 30th, Terre Haute IN BRAWL TOURNEY

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I want some MMs with Xero on video.

Count is the only one not talking trash and he is going to win the tournament.

Count

Smash Champion
I honestly doubt that I will win-especially if Louisville comes..anyway like I said I just want to have fun :)

I wish this tourney was now also, I want to meet some of the other Indiana smashers, the only people I've really met are the few that were at the big MW circuit event I went to. And Kyari and rookie, who I used to play with on a regular basis. I can't play with them anymore since I'm at school though, and kyari can't travel to tourneys, and rookie quit :(.

Oh, I'm also really looking forward to teams in this, I usually team with my buddy from school, he's not very good but I usually have a ton of fun during teams typically because I'm avoiding his attacks the whole time, lmao.

Count

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post:

I officially need a partner for this. Peef-if your offer still stands let me know. If not I'm going to try to team with rowan if louisville goes, cause diddy and peach make for a beastly team. Get at me! I'd prefer to play with somebody I know.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Lol I usually don't talk trash or anything, in fact, besides the computer I'm really quiet except for when I'm with my friends. I honestly think Count has a good shot of winning this though. I just want to have fun and play all these Indiana smashers, and possibly Hilt, Rowan, etc., in person, and hopefully do well for my first tournament.

It would just be amazing if Diddy got the top two spots.

Count, want to team with me if my friend agrees to team with my older brother (because as it is, I'd be teaming with my friend who doesn't even own Brawl, and my older brother who doesn't play much would have to team with some random person, so I think it would work best if they teamed together because they know each other @_@)? Diddy and Wario would be interesting in teams, at least Wario would be able to get out of the bananas way easier, lol.

oh, and sorry for not being able to finish that set on AiB. I had to leave for a marching band informational meeting. The matches were fun though; other than online doubles matches with my friend, my Wario's only singles experience is Diddy, lol. I've played some Diddys I don't remember on the ladder (they aren't on Diddy forums so meh), then I played Coyn3Masta (triple spotdodge to waft to kill each time on the last match XD) and you.

And I played Hilt online, although it was a while ago. I remember losing first match, barely beating his D3 on Norfair second match, and losing last match @_@. I want some in-person friendlies with you, Hilt, if you come.

Count

Smash Champion
I'd love to team with you, AVP, just let me know. I think double diddy would be hilarious but it is understandable if you use wario in teams, lol! Diddy and wario would be great, I think, wario stays in the air and can get KOs.

Just let me know, if we do team I am looking forward to it :)

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I main MK, G&W, Kirby, and I plan to pick up Diddy before this tournament. Does Diddy do good with any of them? Actually... how does Diddy play in teams? It sounds chaotic and fun lol.

I need a teammate for this too. I'm going to a tournament this Saturday and I'll get some videos up if you want to team Count.

All I have right now are some melee videos of me getting 4 stocked by darkrain lol.

Oh yeah Count, do you have msn or anything? I have some questions about how to use Diddy and there isn't really much of a Diddy guide in character specific :(

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Okay guys, if you want to have your MMs with me on video I'll record the replays and then upload them with my dazzle when we get home.

Honestly, I'm only being cocky because others were, I'm really not too much of a cocky person. Although, I do think I'm going to do very well here, but that's my opinion. I like the fact that you guys don't think I'll do well/aren't a threat at all, that's REALLY fine by me. I'll be really determined here, Mario is a very underrepresented character, who never has won a tournament alone (hence why I don't counterpick much), sure Boss has won tourneys, but he always goes Luigi.

Anywho, I really want to play you guys and have an enjoyable experience here. If I win any money, I'll probably save it for the next tournament I go to or something, since I'm tired of losing money from these all the time.

Also, you guys are so mean to me XD. I'm realy hoping to win this though.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
lol sorry XeroXen. I've been playing smash for 4 years now and I've been to over 40 tournaments all over the US and hosted a few 60+ players. I've just never heard of you and I have ZERO confidence in Mario. I just recently switched over from melee to Brawl though. I'll be very surprised if a Mario player can consistently beat my MK though.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
lol sorry XeroXen. I've been playing smash for 4 years now and I've been to over 40 tournaments all over the US and hosted a few 60+ players. I've just never heard of you and I have ZERO confidence in Mario. I just recently switched over from melee to Brawl though. I'll be very surprised if a Mario player can consistently beat my MK though.
Oh really, I've been playing COMPETITIVE smash for around 5 months now (played smash for like, 10 years though, since I was like 5, I sucked really bad back then though) and been to 3 tournaments across a small part of the Midwest!

Sorry, I just wanted to throw in my inexperience. But really, I do well against people who are quite experienced, and I know the MK vs. Mario matchup pretty well due to my friendlies with Dj_Skribs at my last tournament. (And I did really well against him too)

I'd like to see some videos of you sometime, I'd link you to mine, but they don't exist!

EDIT: You probably haven't heard of me because I haven't played alot of people and nobody ever asks about Mario :D, plus I never place very well so far (but I'm much better than my placings, I've 2-stocked people who place higher than me)

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I just recently threw up all over my computer.
Lol. I can't wait to play Melee at this tournament.

I main Samus in melee. Have you ever played against Spamus? Thats why I quit. It will make you want to come back to brawl.

Count

Smash Champion
I'll play with whoever..zozefup if i can't team with avarice I'll team with you. You don't need to show me videos, I just want to have fun. Oh, and you can't be a dbag, but that doesn't appear to be a problem :). I'm not good enough to be like OMGZ YOU SUCK YOU CANT TEAM WITH ME, and even if I was that good, I doubt I would care.

I don't have msn anymore, my aim is cougarpg2008, you can ask me anything you like, and hopefully I can show you some stuff for diddy at the tournament. I do take pride in how much I know about my character. Diddy is a good teams player, he is just not as good in teams as he is in singles. All of those characters you play as are good partners for diddy, however :).

Diddy's strong points are that he can play both offensively and defensively, unfortunately some of those options are gone in teams. Let me know what your aim is if you have it, and shoot me a message and I will help as best I can. Avaricepanda is also very knowledgeable when it comes to diddy kong.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
lol Spamus is easy mode. With Fox Drill shine -> Boost Grab = win. Or With Mewtwo nair spam and proper spacing to up throw = easy win.

I don't know if you know this but you are bad at melee.

Mewtwo+easy win=never ever

First step is admitting you are bad.

Also transitioning between the two is kinda hard for me just b.c. of muscle memory.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I know Mewtwo is bad but I he is one of my mains.... The Samus match up isn't to bad for him. IF you just nair behind her shield then it just eats away her shield. With proper jc teleports its easy to get through the projectile spam, a fully charged shadow ball will also eat through all of her missiles so you can chase it for an easy grab combo.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm a noob too, but Samus is not easy mode if you're playing it right. My samus is easy mode and does ok, but if you want him tourney worthy he's got a lot of tech as well.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
The date for this is creeping up pretty quickly. Maybe I should start practicing up so I don't embarass myself. Wonder if I should go Ganon or Diddy...Hmm...The choices.

BTW...I don't think I've heard this much trash talk from people I hadn't seen at a tournament before since....well...Actually, I don't think I have. It's pretty amusing. Especially since I think some of it can be backed up. This is going to be fun.

Count

Smash Champion
The date for this is creeping up pretty quickly. Maybe I should start practicing up so I don't embarass myself. Wonder if I should go Ganon or Diddy...Hmm...The choices.

BTW...I don't think I've heard this much trash talk from people I hadn't seen at a tournament before since....well...Actually, I don't think I have. It's pretty amusing. Especially since I think some of it can be backed up. This is going to be fun.

Play diddy! I'll show you some of my banana tricks!

Talking to kyari and rookie they said your diddy would be amazing if you knew all of the random tricks I know because you read so well.

PEEF!

Smash Hero

Haha, I bragged alot before you saw me at a tournament, but we did beast that tournament together...

Jekyll. Practice Melee...
PS: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233267

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I just got back from the St. Louis tournament. I couldn't get my camera to work though, so I didn't get any videos :(, but I won the tournament.

Jeykll, do you have a teams partner for this tournament yet?

Count

Smash Champion
Good stuff zoze!!

@TOs

When is registration for this, etc? You should probably try to put down when registration is, when doubles starts, and when singles starts. Sorry to be naggy just trying to help!

SmashLeagueOTH

Smash Cadet
Jeez Count,

Whine some more why don't you. Haha, I'm just fooling. Let me talk to LoZ tonight and get things squared away.

She-Geek

Smash Cadet
ooooh this little league is comming along swimmingly lol I've got a set-up, maybe an extra tv or two as well. Really looking forward to this one. If anyone has a capture card don't forget it! I think this has potential to have some epic matches ;)

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I got 3rd at the St. Louis tournament, but I am the worst smash player ever. Characters I have lost to in tournament... Ganon, Jigglypuff, Ness. Regardless, I have never lost to mario. I can't wait for this tourney though.

She-Geek

Smash Cadet
I might need a teammate for this, cause my boyfriend HATES me and doesn't want to team with me! Lol j/k j/k but um yeah teams....

SmashLeagueOTH

Smash Cadet
Well folks, looks like registration will be from 10 to 11, Singles will start at 11 and doubles will start when that ends...so maybe 3:30 or 4ish. Come as soon as you can, and if you are having trouble finding the location just give us a call. And if anyone is interested in staying at Best Western, you WILL get a discounted rate.

@ She-Geek - I think my little brother is looking for a partner... he's only 13, but he's pretty nasty with Toon Link. Just give it a thought.

@ Everyone else - Just FYI, the local new and newspaper will most likely be in attendance. I'm also trying to video tape the tournament and make sort of a documentary. So be prepared to be interviewed!... unless you don't want to be :p

Smada out

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I might need a teammate for this, cause my boyfriend HATES me and doesn't want to team with me! Lol j/k j/k but um yeah teams....
If you're hot I'll team with you :D lol just kiddin man (er... girl, I guess)

I really would, but I'm already teaming with ducky, even though we both fail at teams.

EDIT: Rob, I'll play MK against you if you don't want to lose to my Mario (that's if I can beat you with my MK, I'm not really good with him compared to my Mario)

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Rob, I'll play MK against you
I don't even think I'm going to this thing (Depends..idk), but I've been camping at Gambino's learning Brawl and watching his matches, and that's where I stopped reading before I started busting up laughing.

...I mean, go ahead.

Top Bottom