• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.o.T.H. : May 30th, Terre Haute IN BRAWL TOURNEY

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'll come to wherever, as long as I can play smash longer than 6 hours. I would be ok with a 6 hour tournament if someone would let me come over and play smash afterwards.

SmashLeagueOTH

Smash Cadet
Oy. You guys and your ideas. We've already looked into 3 churches, the ohio building, 4 or 5 hotels and a few rec centers. So far, they are either booked or crazy expensive. Currently LoZ is checking even more places. I don't think this tourney will leave Terre Haute, but hopefully the next tournament will be held at a better venue (if this one isn't). We're working to find a better place, and we're sorry that we haven't found one yet. Hang in there everyone. We need your support and hype!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I understand your dilemma, and am able to understand if you cannot find a new venue.

As a side note, Huntington would like to come, but defiantly can't make that drive, with only 6 hours of playtime. D:

We are sad due to lack of tournaments we can make it to.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Can anyone near Terre Haute that can offer housing? Or at least a place to play after the tournament? That would make the trip worth it. I just want to PLAYYY :(

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Good luck with finding a new venue. I honestly don't mind paying a venue fee if there's more time to be there.

Although yeah, if you do have to do it in the library, it would probably have to be only singles.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I wanna come to this and annihalate so badly.

I urge you guys to find a new venue, NOTHING happens in Indiana! (Brawl related, there's Melee everywhere! Which I don't mind, but I suck at Melee and don't feel like learning too much.)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
XeroXen. Realize that you just need to go to melee. I feel your pain, I could not even shorthop in Melee after being a top Indiana brawler for several months.

Just start playing melee. It is awesome learning new movesets, and always having techniques to improve on. It is such a fun game once you get over the first major hump of shffling and especially learning to l-cancel. Trust me man, it is fantastic.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Melee is awesome. I've kind of gotten past that curve, kind of (tech wise everyone seems easy now because I started with Fox, lol). I can't do a ton of fancy crap but I can drillshine, waveshine, thunders combo, and SHFFL basically consistently when I'm warmed up. I just have no one to play with so all I can do is practice my tech skill against computers @_@.

I still really, really enjoy Brawl though.

get pumped.

(also, Xero MM my Diddy and Count MM my Wario, 1 dollar, if I even can lol. Not sure if my brother is okay with me moneymatching...but it's just one dollar =P. If not, SRS FRIENDLIES. Count I'd play you with my Diddy but yeah, Ditto matches.)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I already L-cancel and SSFF in Melee, I play Falco. But I'm not gonna switch, I'd get LESS practice in Melee, my town is full-brawl, so I'd get no practice -_-' (And Peef, lol, not being able to shorthop in Melee at first, I was the same way until I was just practicing tech skill last weekend.) If anything, I'll just play both, with less Melee.

And Avarice Panda, I'll MM your Diddy, if they find a new venue. In fact I'll MM anybody. And Lol the Mario-Diddy matchup is wayyyy too easy.

EDIT: Hm, I might come to this even if you don't change the venue, but that's a biiiiiiiiiiiiig mabye. (Peef, if you come and I do, we should get some Melee friendlies set up. :D)

Count

Smash Champion
I already L-cancel and SSFF in Melee, I play Falco. But I'm not gonna switch, I'd get LESS practice in Melee, my town is full-brawl, so I'd get no practice -_-' (And Peef, lol, not being able to shorthop in Melee at first, I was the same way until I was just practicing tech skill last weekend.) If anything, I'll just play both, with less Melee.

And Avarice Panda, I'll MM your Diddy, if they find a new venue. In fact I'll MM anybody. And Lol the Mario-Diddy matchup is wayyyy too easy.

EDIT: Hm, I might come to this even if you don't change the venue, but that's a biiiiiiiiiiiiig mabye. (Peef, if you come and I do, we should get some Melee friendlies set up. :D)
way too easy? really?

5 dollar mm!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Okay, $5 if I come.

EDIT: And $1s for everybody else, unless I'm feeling up for putting another $5 on the line.

And guys, don't forget to show Ducky some MMing love if he comes with me, he's good too.

EDIT2: Just to note, if you were to find another venue but need a venue fee, there will be at least 4 people coming from Huntington, that's $20 dollars in a venue fee if it's $5.

ice-

Smash Journeyman

Just go to Fort Wayne for some smexy melee action every weekend.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I will $1-$5 any scrubs of similar skill in Melee.

I can't play brawl anymore.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Venue and/or post tourney housing/smash. Seriously, let's get something set up or we're not coming.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Listen up folks. I am willing to host a melee tournament in Evansville on this date, and I'm going to post it up if this isn't secured by the end of the weekend.

Sound good Gambino/others?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Hehe, do teams; bye bye diddies. Lol, but really do singles.

Peef, set that stuff up on a different date so I don't have to fight with my crew mates and myself on which tourney to attend again. They can't stand melee, so I'd probably have to drive by myself. Evansville isn't that far though, so I'd make the trip. A brawl/melee tourney would be cool, but melee would be fine too I guess.

SmashLeagueOTH

Smash Cadet
Alright!!! I have good news guys! We found a new venue. Best Western Hotel, from 10 to 8. I'm getting more information on it later today, but right now I'm about 95% sure thats where the tournament will be held. WOOO HOOO. Be excited people. I'll be back with more info in a day or so. HYPE!

Count

Smash Champion
Good stuff on the hotel! If we have to pay a venue fee, that is no big deal.

/edit and for whoever says bye diddies for doubles only, i'd still be there lol, doubles is more fun even though diddy is a much better singles char :p.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
we are gonna do both sings and dubs for sure now
with melee on the side hopefully

i am extra happy now, thankfully smada's got hookups

keep hyping it up

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hype.

10hypes.

Count and I are going to take first and second and rep for Diddy, btw.
lol no.

I hope you Diddy players have some rad matchup experience, I go about even with some of the best Marios in the world, for realz.

And I've only been playing for almost five months now (that'd be when I went to my first tournament) I've improved too much!

And I'll probably bring two Brawl setups (one of which can be used for melee if need be.)

Top Bottom