• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.o.T.H. : May 30th, Terre Haute IN BRAWL TOURNEY

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL
Tournament Organizers: LoZ

Saturday May 30th, 2009

Registration and set up starts at 10 doubles starts once we registration ends
singles will start as soon as doubles ends
10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Address:

3053 US Highway 41 S,
Terre Haute, IN, 47802, United States

Fees:
$5-Entrance fee- will be waived if you bring a full setup
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles (per person)

Due to Time restriction seeding will be random

NON-SMASH RULES:
(Venue Rules)

- NO ALCOHOL

- NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES!

- PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY FORM OF TRASH, PLEASE BE KIND AND WALK 5 FEET TO A NEARBY RECEPTACLE. I WOULD LIKE TO NOT HAVE TO SPEND AN HOUR OR TWO PICKING UP EVERYONE'S TRASH LIKE LAST TIME.

- DO NOT BREAK ANYTHING OR DEFACE ANY PROPERTY. TREAT ALL PROPERTY AS IF IT WERE YOUR OWN PLEASE. ANYTHING BROKEN OR DAMAGED WILL BE BILLED TO ME. I'D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO KEEP USING THIS VENUE.

= QUESTIONS? - Contact LoZ
= THANK YOU.

RULES:
- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Double Elimination for doubles & singles

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

- If a game ends with Bowser/Ganon doing his suicide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser/Ganon.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

-Team Attack: On

-Life-Stealing: Allowed

- Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

STAGES:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

COUNTER-PICK STAGES:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Luigi's Mansion
Corneria
Green Greens
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon

BANNED STAGES:
Pirate Ship
75m
Port Town Aero Dive
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Mario Circuit
Onett
Skyworld
Pokemon Stadium 2
Hannenbow
Jungle Japes
PictoChat

Stages may be subject to change

CONTACT INFO:

Isaias Rodriguez (LoZ)
CELL: (812) 241-4265
MSN: LoZ12001@live.com

Ben Bertoli (Smada)
CELL (812) 878-1862
Email - bertolib@uindy.edu

Jake Jacobson (Th3Composer)
Yahoo ID/ AIM: OMGItsJakeJ
EMAIL: altodude1313@bluemarble.net

Attendees: 35
LoZ
Th3Composer
Smada
Forcefulthor
Vamp
AvaricePanda
Eliter
Jekyll
Count
XeroXen
Zozefup
Rob Gambino
She Geek
Missing Person
Lz
Nexas
Darkninja
Joe
Kage
Torque
IC
Brave
Dbutz
?????????-vamps potential tenth
E13K
FishinPenguin
Ginger
Heero
ylbassist16
????-smada's bro
fate
wub
Tommy
Nick?
Grimm

the maybes -_- : 10
PEEF!
-Hilt-
Anubis Ocelot
BraveAlbireo
Devenski
Mello
SneakySanta
Sykes
Trip
Phail

BRING SET UPS PEOPLE!
and power strips would be helpful as well

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS,AND YOUR FRIENDS

Facebook link
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=70252472334

AIB link
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5648

INFORM THE MASSES

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
First???

I'm definitely coming to this. I might be able to bring a TV and Brawl (might), I doubt I'll be able to bring a full set-up though, sorry.

also, HYYYYPPEEEEE.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
OMG finally a response
any set ups tvs wiis whatever are greatly appreciated!!

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Eilter

Smash Rookie
I'm going with AVP Since he lives on my street. Lol I'll bring my GC controller and help AVP with moving his setup . Lol Sounds sweet though! HHHHYYYYPPPEEEEEE!!!!!

Count

Smash Champion
probably will be coming to this!! Looking forward to it!

edit will need a partner. avaricepanda: diddy doubles! Who knows how good we'd be but it'd certainly be fun =). Peef or vamp I'd be down to team as well since I know both of you guys :).

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Wow, really? This is only like 3 hours away. Somebody get Kyari/Rook/Jekyll people to come. I have to see if I have improved at all. Evansville area, anyone want to car pool?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I don't want to hear this stuff, get em here please. It's only like an hour. St. Louis should make the trip too. I'll bug them bout it later.

Count

Smash Champion
Lol I play with kyari on a weekly basis, he just is currently unable to do anything on the weekend. Rook hasn't played friendlies with me in ages, and he doesn't go to tournaments anymore.

Eilter

Smash Rookie
That sucks. Eh I'm not going to do much other than get you guys more money for winning. I only play with AVP when he comes to my house or vice versa XD. But this should be sweet!

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Kyari and Rook both sound whipped. Let's get this stuff together.

Also, everyone bring setups if you can if we're going to get both singles and doubles done within 6 hours, depending how many people show up of course. Can we try and get seeding halfway known ahead of time like a prereg list or something based off region? I've had to play my crewmate within the first 2 rounds of 3 tournaments in a row. This crap is getting old and never happened in melee tournies.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Count, I want to friendly you but I haaaate Diddy dittos, XD. I'd end up using Wario. I use Wario for doubles and I'm already teaming with Eilter, sorry @_@.

Count

Smash Champion
Ha, diddy dittos are dumb, but just tell yourself there's not a ton of skill involved in them and the pure mayhem is fun. The better player usually wins, also. You should come by Butler sometime and we can play, better be soon though I have finals coming up! Hopefully I can find a teammate maybe I can bring one. Also, sometime when I go to Louisville you should tag along!

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
i think if we started doubles matches after the singles is close to semifinals we should be able to get done if not id be willing to set up for the rest of the tourney in my garage(which is pretty big)

also i know that jekyll is coming, not sure about anyone else

just keep hyping this tourney, because i would like to host more

SmashLeagueOTH

Smash Cadet
HYPE!
Of Course I have too. Look at my freaking name! I'm psyched that all these people are coming to our tournament. Everyone needs to hype this to there friends and fellow smash enthusiasts. The bigger the crowd the bigger the pay-out. :p

-Smada

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ill be at this, so it won't be 100% scrubs...
=]

But really, hypez.

Count

Smash Champion
Ill be at this, so it won't be 100% scrubs...
=]

But really, hypez.
*ahem*

I may be able to team with you, one of my buddy's from school may be able to go also, so if he goes I will team with him. If kyari is able to make it I will team with him but that is doubtful.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
well jekyll as rsvp'd on facebook, but i know that isnt set in stone

still any chance i get to see terry in action is good
you definitely need to play his luigi in melee PEEF if you havent already

PEEF!

Smash Hero
He can't.

Count, I hope to meet you there, however, I have been 100% Melee lately. I haven't touched Brawl in 6 weeks, and IDK if I will before I show up at the venue...haha.

Count

Smash Champion
I don't blame you for playing all melee..as I explained to kyari last night, had I learned how to play melee correctly I probably would have been one of those people who hate brawl-I'm obsessed with being techincal in video games. But, being actually good at brawl and having found a technical character, I don't have a ton of interest in learning to properly play melee.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah...Diddy is technical for Brawl, and compares to about the least technical melee character. Learning to play Falco/Fox would be a real challenge for ya...

Count

Smash Champion
Yeah...Diddy is technical for Brawl, and compares to about the least technical melee character. Learning to play Falco/Fox would be a real challenge for ya...
Ha I'm sure. Kyari told me he could teach me falco's technical **** quite quickly, I learn fairly fast. Brawl is by far the least technical game I've taken the time to be good at. Anyway can't wait for this event!

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Someone tell Rook that Gambino said he was whipped. That should put some spark back in him.

I should be able to make this, but I'd already told E13k I'd team with him for the first SLOTH tourney. So PeeF, you'll have to win with someone else (jkugonnalose) :p.

Kyari, if I could find a 14 year-old boy/girl to be your body double, could you possibly ditch what you're doing and make it to the tourney? Time's a factor in your decision...They're already trying to chew through the ropes.

SmashLeagueOTH

Smash Cadet
Thanks man! It was good to get out to tournament (even though that one was a bit jank). Good thing you posted on here. I also met some other guys who said they may come to the tournament.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'm so bad at Brawl right now.

Does anyone know if it is impossible to acclimatize back into Brawl from Melee?

Count, I'm not teaming with Jekyll so you should hit this up with me. Figure out if you are gonna team with me or that schrub so I can decide if I'm coming.

Count

Smash Champion
Alright I will figure out soon then get back to you.

I did really well at the MW event where all the top players were, 17/93!

I lost to panda and AZ in brackets.

But I will get back to you ASAP peefer. Our team name can mock how were on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I play both, but all of the people I can use well in Brawl are Brawl exclusive except for ICs. I have completely different mains between the two, so if you have the same mains...eh.

Well, you have over a month and a half. You can do it =P.

Count, how often are those scrub tourneys in Greenwood Mall? You're going to have to tell me next time there's one so I can meet you guys...

Count

Smash Champion
I'm not really sure, I just found out about it like an hour beforehand and went. I will let you know for sure if there is another one/if I'm going or not. I want to get something in Indy sometime, also. Like an official event.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Me too. My friend Krystedez on AiB (an AMAZING Wario...) who lives in Indy said he'd try to get something going during the summer at his church, but other than that I'm not sure. I know I could never TO lol (age johns). I don't have a chance of going to anything unofficial until I go to an official event and actually meet you guys.

related: My brother is coming to this too. He's the one driving me actually, but he's also going to enter. So yeah.

Hopefully like Louisville can come to this or something @_@

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
Awesome guys, keep telling people and bring as many as you can

Peef im sure if you played alittle each day youd get back into top form

i still cant play melee peach the way i used to after playing brawl so long, but my doc is decent enough to beat my friends...besides jekyll

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I'm so bad at Brawl right now.

Does anyone know if it is impossible to acclimatize back into Brawl from Melee?

Count, I'm not teaming with Jekyll so you should hit this up with me. Figure out if you are gonna team with me or that schrub so I can decide if I'm coming.
I have found that it is a lot harder to go from brawl back to melee, than it is to go from melee to brawl. Neither transition seems to be perfectly smooth, but I seriously have to play melee for like 40 minutes before I remotely start to feel fluid again.

Top Bottom