• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.L.o.T.H. : May 30th, Terre Haute IN BRAWL TOURNEY

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Owut? OH YEAH! Huntington is totally coming to this, and we're taking it!

Prepare yourselves for Xero, Mello, Trip, and Ducky.

EDIT: Singles first, seriously? You should probably switch that around. It's an established tradition (from what I've seen) to do singles second.

EDIT2: Ends at 4, really? Hm, might not be able to make it then, since I don't feel like getting up around 7 AM to drive there, and only staying 6 hours, combining my driving there and back time, that'd be an equal amount of time spent there, and time spent driving!

Count

Smash Champion
Slaga, its gonna be rough getting this done by four. We should talk about this, my aim is cougarpg2008. Also, bloodhawk lives in plymouth and is an established TO, you might get him to help, especially if like 30 people come. As for doubles or singles first, it doesn't really matter, it will take a while either way, also really push people bringing setups, maybe don't make them pay the venue fee if they bring a setup.

Just a few suggestions I'm really looking forward to this.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
there is no venue fee, and i figured singles first since it will take longer
there is only 6 hours because the venue closes at 5, but they have to have everyone out by 4 for clean up

if i find another venue before we would start later and end whenever, but as of now i cannot find another free venue

i figure if we get around 30 people and have 7-10 setups we should be fine

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Erm, I might be able to still make it, and if I come then it turns out that Me, Mello, Trip, and Kirby main who's name I don't know, should be there.

Since I'm driving, I should be able to make it, so I'd count us as a most likely. :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
hmm three hours.

it's possible i may be able to make it to this and bring some of louisville as well.

never know.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
hmm three hours.

it's possible i may be able to make it to this and bring some of louisville as well.

never know.
If you guys make it, then it'll be worth the drive.

To put it in other words, Mello would make me go and take him, lol.

Anyway, Huntington will come if it turns out that Louisville or the rest of Indiana (TBB, Asdioh, BH, ect.) are coming, because those guys are killer cool.

Count

Smash Champion
Louisville, get here.

Huntington, come either way, if anything you can get diddy experience from meeee that apparently nobody has in the MW.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If you guys make it, then it'll be worth the drive.

To put it in other words, Mello would make me go and take him, lol.

Anyway, Huntington will come if it turns out that Louisville or the rest of Indiana (TBB, Asdioh, BH, ect.) are coming, because those guys are killer cool.
:laugh:
too good xero

I'll talk to crash and see if there's a group that'd be willing to drive out for this. I'd definitely like to hang out with the guys from indiana (since I kinda live there haha) and count traveled out to one of our tournaments a while back so I guess we should return the favor :D

edit: just realized it's only open for six hours... and like xero said, we'd be spending as much time driving as we would be at the venue... alright, TO advice... there's no possible way you're going to finish two tournaments in six hours. seriously. it won't happen. registration is gonna take at least thirty minutes. making the bracket will be at least ten, but you're not seeding, so maybe less. people will show up slightly late... so it's more like five hours. I'd honestly have to recommend stripping it down to just singles. but with the lack of time in the venue, it's highly likely we won't be able to make it =(

what if you found a venue that WASN'T free? $5 venue fees are common and usually not thought much of. especially if you're able to hang out with the people there before, after, and during the tournament, and not rushed.

but if that's not possible, it's fine. I'll keep an eye out for the next IN tournament. sorry guys >.>

Count

Smash Champion
:laugh:
too good xero

I'll talk to crash and see if there's a group that'd be willing to drive out for this. I'd definitely like to hang out with the guys from indiana (since I kinda live there haha) and count traveled out to one of our tournaments a while back so I guess we should return the favor :D

edit: just realized it's only open for six hours... and like xero said, we'd be spending as much time driving as we would be at the venue... alright, TO advice... there's no possible way you're going to finish two tournaments in six hours. seriously. it won't happen. registration is gonna take at least thirty minutes. making the bracket will be at least ten, but you're not seeding, so maybe less. people will show up slightly late... so it's more like five hours. I'd honestly have to recommend stripping it down to just singles. but with the lack of time in the venue, it's highly likely we won't be able to make it =(

what if you found a venue that WASN'T free? $5 venue fees are common and usually not thought much of. especially if you're able to hang out with the people there before, after, and during the tournament, and not rushed.

but if that's not possible, it's fine. I'll keep an eye out for the next IN tournament. sorry guys >.>
Blah, I thought things like this might come up when I saw that :(. Its ok thanks for offering hilt! I will try to make it to sd2 a couple times this summer louisville is too good <3.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Thanks man.

Bdw, Count. I'm one of the few in Indiana WITH Diddy experience. Since my friend Ducky has mained a crapton of characters, and he's back on Diddy again right now. :D

Plus, the Mario-Diddy matchup isn't bad at all.

Count

Smash Champion
Thanks man.

Bdw, Count. I'm one of the few in Indiana WITH Diddy experience. Since my friend Ducky has mained a crapton of characters, and he's back on Diddy again right now. :D

Nice! We should play. I think the matchup may even be slightly in mario's favor! I wish we coulda played at c4 galore..I need exp in that matchup!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Lol, the only reason people in this region really need Mario experience are for.

Me
BoX7
Low Tier tournaments.

But if we show up, (which would be the result of a new venue) I'll totally play you.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
So basically, this is the back-up venue and they're looking for another? I definitely wouldn't mind paying a venue fee if it means we can stay for a couple more hours and finish the tournament with leisure.

Also, what's the pay-out?

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
Payout? this is a come and pay us so you can play event

jk

singles will be 60 30 10

doubles will be 70 20 10 or same as singles

i should probably put that in the first post

ducky98

Smash Cadet
Thanks man.

Actually I am maining bowser right now, but hey. Who knows who ill main for the tourney if i can get a ride with Xero.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
You're not getting a ride.

It's the other people's turn.

Plus, I'm not going unless there's a venue change, I can hardly get a ride as it is. (Which sucks, since I could probably win this.)

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
These huntington people sure have a lot to say being that no one has ever heard of them before.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
And we've never heard of you before. :D

But yeah, we're pretty good.

EDIT: Meh, I can probably get all of Huntington there if we take the van, find a new venue plox???

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Considering I was the only one from Huntington that went, I did rather bad.

I have horrible pool johns, since they were pretty much all high tiers and me :D, and they were all the high tiers I have never played before then.

3 LUCARIOS!!! (I hate that matchup so much now)

But yeah, I decimated people who actually made it to brackets, so I was really dissapointed when I left.

But I did win like 2 sets out of my pool, blah.

Count

Smash Champion
Considering I was the only one from Huntington that went, I did rather bad.

I have horrible pool johns, since they were pretty much all high tiers and me :D, and they were all the high tiers I have never played before then.

3 LUCARIOS!!! (I hate that matchup so much now)

But yeah, I decimated people who actually made it to brackets, so I was really dissapointed when I left.

But I did win like 2 sets out of my pool, blah.
That stinks about a tough pool, I got a fairly easy pool besides anther and a good draw in brackets so I was able to place 17th! Pools really suck though when you get a rough draw!

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
i dont like pools, so even if we have enough time to do them i wont, and if i did i would only make people who made it out of pools pay the entry fee, i was in a melee tourney recently and i paid money to not enter the brackets, very dumb

Count

Smash Champion
i dont like pools, so even if we have enough time to do them i wont, and if i did i would only make people who made it out of pools pay the entry fee, i was in a melee tourney recently and i paid money to not enter the brackets, very dumb
Yeah, but it makes sense to do them sometimes at large tournaments.

If you keep this venue are you going to try to get both singles and doubles played in just six hours? Going to be close to impossible if so..

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Question: Do you guys (the TOs) live in Terre Haute? I checked AiB and it said LoZ lives in Bloomington...

Just wondering if it's possible to have a venue there or in Indianapolis if you can't find one in Terre Haute.

SmashLeagueOTH

Smash Cadet
We are originally from TH, although LoZ goes to school in Bloomington and I go to school in Indianapolis. We're still looking for a place! We shan't give up!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Brawl singles, doubles and Melee singles?

Evansville eBash? I could make it happen.....

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Yeah, Peef, do it! I was just going to tell you we should play melee if there ended up being a different venue.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
what would be the point of the smash league of terre haute if we just outsourced to evansville

and yeah melee will be there if we get a new venue

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
If you found a venue within the next week, I'm sure everyone would gladly travel to Terre Haute. This date looks really good for a lot of players, and we would love to attend a tourney that day. There are just a lot of players coming from long distances including me that want it to be a worthwhile trip (not driving more than smashing.) You should ask some churches, schools, community centers, places that host weddings/receptions, etc. No one is trying to take you away from your tournament, Loz. I am sure if a venue was found, Peef would postpone a tourney in Evansville.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Well, I will ask again. If you want Evansville eBash (bomb-*** venue) and my crew for guaranteed participation in Melee at least, let me know and I will arrange it. I'm not trying to take your tournament, but this is prolly gonna be your best bet... Put pride aside and do what ya have to do man.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Meh, if so then there's no possible way of me getting to it then...I'm really counting on a venue in Terre Haute or Bloomingfield or somewhere close.

But I suppose if no other venues can be found, it's going to have to go to Evansville.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
@Peef- too good, I'd totally make it then. And sweet name.

EDIT: Actually, that's a mabye on me making it, it's near the start of the month, so I SHOOOULD be able to get there, mabye.

EDIT2: Wdf, Google Maps says Evansville is farther from me than Louisville, that doesn't make sense! I don't really know my way around the state, so it very well may be, that's wack man.

Top Bottom