• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(S.A.) Jan 2010 Reloaded 5: 10k cash, $90k prizes - preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Woot! I finally got past the fire and flames into on expert!!!! I accidentally used the star power i had after i passed the whole fast note (post insanity) parts though :(

I wouldn't have gotten to maybe past bridge 1 if i was lucky. No way i'd get past synth death.

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
Woot! I finally got past the fire and flames into on expert!!!! I accidentally used the star power i had after i passed the whole fast note (post insanity) parts though :(

I wouldn't have gotten to maybe past bridge 1 if i was lucky. No way i'd get past synth death.
ant into meaning intro?? or u just saying u finished whole song?
if u finished whole "grats" from me BUT, can u finish RAINING BLOOD!?!?!?!?!

btw RELOADED!!!!! 2010 why did EAGLE!!! not inform me of this!?!?!
oh and jamage is reloaded on same date as last reloaded? (18-19 or 17-18 i'm not sure)
oh and I don't think i'll win at all in sagafest!! lol i haven't been practising at all ok.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I meant intro. I have to play a few songs like revolution deathsquad and devil went down to georgia be4 i can do it. As i need to get my hand warm and get the 'blood flowing' to be able to move it fast enough.
I haven't tried raining blood in a while, i can get past the mosh part fairly easy i fail at the end of it though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I can get a 50 note combo in the mosh 1 part of raining blood on expert, mmmhmm!

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Just Noticed this thread, and noticed the Street fighter part in it. I think ill go never been to SA

S.D

Smash Master
Well with that attitude you wont. U must BELIEVE in yourself and then u will win :chuckle:
I bet if u asked for help from M2K he would just ignore u, considering u have to pay them to play them i don't see why they would do such a thing. They so mean. :chuckle:
I think you'll find M2K is more than willing to help players out, and has in fact been available for that very purpose on AIM for years now...

@ Shaya: We do sorta **** huh

Ant1

Smash Ace
I can get a 50 note combo in the mosh 1 part of raining blood on expert, mmmhmm!
I think i've gotten to a 4x on it.
I mostly start off well then, i get 2x and thats about it. I can get the sp phase in it, which brings me up to like 30 notes.

Mosh in guitar hero smash hits is even harder imo. Apparently GH 5 comes out in 63 days (in the u.s.). But no dragonforce in it:( I got like 20 other dragonforce songs on the PC version anyway, but it's not the same as playing it on a big screen.

Btw Luke the best GH player in S.A. can like 100% satch boogie solo, none of us have a chance of beating him, he is a robot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koqlxe8shZg&feature=channel_page

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
How do you move your hands for the mosh part.
I found the best way is to stretch out your pinky and slide it back onto the blue every time. And I seem to fc it about 90% of the time.

I always end up choking at hard rain.

ALSO. If you cant keep a 1000 note streak in ttfaf your gonna need to start practicing.

Btw Luke the best GH player in S.A. can like 100% satch boogie solo, none of us have a chance of beating him, he is a robot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Koqlxe8shZg&feature=channel_page
EDIT: noticed that they cant keep combo's on trill's.
IMO best bet would to pick a song like if it's guitar hero 3 "surfing with the alien" or "raining blood"

Also anyone know what game the comp s on.
GH:M purple notes are rediculously easy to hit, whereas smash hits and WT are ********.

A S U R A

Smash Rookie
I didn't tell you little grasshopper because it's like 6 months away.
THAT STILL DOESN"T MEAN ANYTHING OK!!!

at the last reloaded u told me like 8 months away or something like that OK!

oh and r u calling me a GRASSHOPPER?!?! because I can think names 4 u!!!! um... like
um wait I can think of one.... just wait... hmmm what to call u??? I know
.....Butterscotch candy cake floss cherry berry flavor... guy... =)

....oh yes.... i went there =)

Ant1

Smash Ace
EDIT: noticed that they cant keep combo's on trill's.
IMO best bet would to pick a song like if it's guitar hero 3 "surfing with the alien" or "raining blood"

Also anyone know what game the comp s on.
GH:M purple notes are rediculously easy to hit, whereas smash hits and WT are ********.
Well twilightdawn(the guy won last comp) went to brisbane and apparently won some big tournament, he can get 830k+ on ttfaf. But remember we would have had another year to plays so he wouldve gotten a lot better by next year.
U know my tactic of playing SWTA aswell :) no one can do that solo so it makes it easier to beat people at.
However DLC is usually banned at these tournaments due to the unfairity of not everyone being able to play the song.

Last time the comp was for World Tour. I am guessing next year it will be for Guitar Hero 5.
I didn't know the GH:M had easier purple notes, i thought they were all the same.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
IMO they are easier in GH:M

wow 830k+, the best I can get is like 780k and that was lucky as i combo'd red snake and kept the combo untill the end.

earla

Smash Lord
the semi-mk ban applies to this reloaded tournament?

Ant1

Smash Ace
Reloaded just host the event. Me, DJB and Jamage uphold the rules of smashboards, with stage-striking and such.
As we are basically hosting it, i would say the semi-mk ban applies.
For those who don't know what that means. It means that if u win with MK u cannot play MK again. If u lose however u can use him again. Same with Doubles, u can't play with 2 MK's twice (but who would)

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Reloaded just host the event. Me, DJB and Jamage uphold the rules of smashboards, with stage-striking and such.
As we are basically hosting it, i would say the semi-mk ban applies.
For those who don't know what that means. It means that if u win with MK u cannot play MK again. If u lose however u can use him again. Same with Doubles, u can't play with 2 MK's twice (but who would)
Most people don't even abide by the MK rule or our stage rules at SG anyway. Our stage list is also pretty out-dated. Lol at Corneria being CP & having PS1 as a starter and not Lylat.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Most people don't even abide by the MK rule or our stage rules at SG anyway. Our stage list is also pretty out-dated. Lol at Corneria being CP & having PS1 as a starter and not Lylat.
Uh Lylat Cruise should never be a starter, there's a lot of things wrong with that stage. I don't know why corneria is there though. Stages like luigi's mansion, port town aero drive and green greens should be banned imo.
Lol at luigi's mansion being a counterpick in some other states.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Imo, most of your rules ARE a little outdated.

M(2)K semi-ban rule is uneccessary considering there is no stand-alone god-like Metaknight player in this country and the fact Metaknight doesn't dominate the scene yet.

Your stage lists definately need revised as well.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Uh Lylat Cruise should never be a starter,
It's better than PS1. Lylat just slants and makes recovering annoying. PS1 on almost all of the transformations people just camp on either side. Not to mention several characters have infinites against the wall and if you caught there isn't anything you can do until the stage changes.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ugh I thought we fixed the stage list... maybe jamage just forgot to update the OP >_<

the MK rule is fine and not a single person in SA so far has ever said it is not needed (conversely, they all say its a good idea) so it stays.

Browny

Smash Hater
Were not going to wait until its 'needed'. If everyone agrees it is a good idea, that might as well classify as needed, just not put explicitly in those terms.

Dont need some international official agreement to tell us that MK is too good, its pretty **** obvious. its just dumb having to play against the character who has the matchup and stage advantage EVERY SINGLE TIME, even on the other players CP. This way the better player will just about always win and allows the other player to actually use the CP system the way it was meant to be used, instead of 'which combination of character and stage will give me the least disadvantage' lol

Zero

Smash Hero
That destroys the chance for you guys to actually develop your anti-MK metagame, like the rest of the world. People are beating MK now, because of the high exposure and learning the matchup. Of course there are some unwinnables, but for the borderline, it usually ends up to a match of skill.

jus' sayin'

Browny

Smash Hater
uh, how? we have people who main MK (many of our best players use him, including me and ant). the only difference is we are exposed to him slightly less often. the rule never deters anyone from using MK, it just stops them from winning twice per set. you can still go up against MK for 2 matches every single set if the other player loses the first its not like this rule outright bans him. he still sees enough useage here. i mean when i look at other states results theres very few MK's... here we have Me, ant, apollo, w150, jamage, hybrid and many more who use/main him.

Zero

Smash Hero
In NSW off the top of my head, people who can use MK proficiently are:

Shaya, S.D, Scar, Maurer, ComboTurtle (lol) + a ton of other people I don't know from Sydney.

We certaintly have no shortage of MKs. I'd say the difference is that people can beat MK so they don't often use it.

I must ask though, what exactly is the point of the ban? If anything, to me it encourages being gay and CPing MK in the second or third match of the set in order to "secure" the win. Beating MK is a skill that the community should be actively practicing, not nancying around it with feeble semi-soft bans. It seems a very backwards rule that undermines the very competitive nature that we're trying to establish here.

Browny

Smash Hater
Zero, you say that now, until you come against an MK who literally planks/camps your *** for 7 minutes and CP's rainbow cruise etc. If you enjoy playing against that bracket stop for every match a set, continue enjoying brawl however you like. This only prevents that ******ry from causing a loss in a set, 1 match is enough for people to be subjected to. Ive watched plenty of other states videos and ive never seen people play as gay as what some SA guys do... Its a lot less backwards when you have been subjected to it irl. Its not like were not practicing how to beat MK... out tourneys go for like 26 hours and we have a ton of friendlies in that time where we practice other chars, especially MK.

Im sure Eagle knows all too well about MK gayness + RC etc :p

Zero

Smash Hero
Protip for winning in SA if you win the first match without MK:

Lose next match, CP Metaknight and Rainbow Cruise.

Protip for avoiding Rainbow Cruise:

Ban Rainbow Cruise.

Dave's Stupid Rule means that you can only be subjected to it once a set anyway. What about people who only main MK? This is hardly a fair rule to those people. They do exist, and you're restricting their tournament experience due to the potential of being gay?

I could pick Smashville/Battlefield/FD and ledgeplank for 8 minutes with ZSS as well. Are you going to stop me from using ZSS both sets?

Wario can do the same thing.

This does not even justify a pseudo ban. So Metaknight players are singled out due to the position on the tier list. Metaknight is not worthy of a ban, yes he is intrinsically easy to play and is very good, but he can be beaten. Planking is an issue with every character in Smash, not just Metaknight. Camping is an issue with every character, not just Metaknight.

It definitely seems like prancing around the issue.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Protip for winning in SA if you win the first match without MK:

Lose next match, CP Metaknight and Rainbow Cruise.
!!!!! Don't tell anyone that!! That is my secret tactic to winning lol. Desert Eagle knows all about it... cough 3 stock 74%.. cough.
But he learned of my devious ways and he banned rainbow cruise.

And plz do not compare Wario or ZSS to MK. They are not in the same league as MK. Especially ZSS. Snake deals with ZSS fairly easily. No one planks vs snake, he kind of has projectiles.

Browny

Smash Hater
Zero

Play against an MK who literally camps all day against you (remember not every character can deal with it... ZSS is one of the lucky few) and then talk about not semi-banning it. You have no idea what its like. I get the feeling youre view on the matter is massively skewed because you play ZSS who can actual deal with it. Camping is not limited to ledgeplanking. things like sitting in your shield all day and upb-oos vs every single approach attempt. You basically force the other player to be massively superior in skill if they want to win, or they are going to have to CP characters who can deal with these tactics. REMEMBER NOT EVERYONE CAN DEAL WITH MKs PLANKING/CAMPING LIKE ZSS CAN.

my characters (lucario/sonic/wario/others) can go fairly even vs my brothers MK. If he decides to turn up the gay and uses upb-oos all day and aerial planks, suddenly its 2 stockings all over the place and I can never, ever win. Having to put up with that stuff for more than 1 match a set is ridiculous

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
So if nobody planks against Snake, why not just counterpick Snake against MK then and get rid of the rule?

Zero

Smash Hero
Zero

Play against an MK who literally camps all day against you (remember not every character can deal with it... ZSS is one of the lucky few) and then talk about not semi-banning it. You have no idea what its like. I get the feeling youre view on the matter is massively skewed because you play ZSS who can actual deal with it. Camping is not limited to ledgeplanking. things like sitting in your shield all day and upb-oos vs every single approach attempt. You basically force the other player to be massively superior in skill if they want to win, or they are going to have to CP characters who can deal with these tactics. REMEMBER NOT EVERYONE CAN DEAL WITH MKs PLANKING/CAMPING LIKE ZSS CAN
Isn't excessive stalling against the rules anyway?

How about, instead of banning the character, ban the tactics.

Browny

Smash Hater
no ones stalling

MK doesnt even have to move. many of his highly effective camping/approach stuffing techniques are done from a standing position

the instant a character is forced to approach MK, the matchup goes horribly, horribly against them. You cant put a ban on standing still. Remember the problem is the degree to which people can abuse these tactics. the vast majority of people never do. But I have played vs some people who do and have done it myself sometimes... Its a nightmare

im seriously tempted to upload a video of how gay any MK can be to show you... something like MK vs G&W goes so far in MK's favour if he plays properly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbmu8fGcWaw
theres one for ya. aerial planking, less effective than grounded/ledge planking. How can you limit that tactic? Is that benefitting competition/metagame development in any way?

@ SummonerAU
thats exactly what happens here. The problem is anyone can pick up MK and play this way and force people to change characters. Forcing everyone to switch characters to someone who can deal with MK's varying camping tactics is just dumb. This way someone who mains any character to get a win vs an MK user who only knows how to abuse the tactics, if the first player is the better player overall (Shouldnt brawl be like that?). Why should people lose a set or be forced to CP snake every time to win vs someone who may have far lower skill, but knows how to abuse the game mechanics like MK can? Sure you can counter that with 'but thats what competitive gaming is all about'. Play against an MK who does this to you (while using a character not built to deal with his tactics, very few), and then tell me 'thats what competitive gaming is all about'.

and for the last time if people are missing it...
MK mains do not lose much by this at all. If an MK user is the better player, they WILL win the set. Only difference is the loser doesnt walk away from the set seething with rage and tempted to quit brawl.

Zero

Smash Hero
What about MK solo mains?

What about banning such abusive tactics? Skilled MKs wouldn't care if you banned aforementioned tactics and it doesn't annoy people nearly as much as the current rule does.

Browny

Smash Hater
the current rule annoys no one. every single person who comes to SA tournies says its a good rule, even the MK mains. You dont see me suggesting NSW change their stage rule because it annoys me?

you cant ban those tactics. approach stuffing is a critical component in many of MK's matchups. its brings his MU vs Wario, Marth and G&W to his favour. without it, he would get rocked by dair, fair and bair respectively. The only thing that can be banned is excessive ledgestalling via counting edgegrabs and obviously infinite cape, nothing else is enforceable and placing a limit on those tactics limits MK beyond the point where he is no longer top tier.

Theres nothing wrong with MK using his broken tools to win a match. but when he can do that, along with his incredible stage CP options, multiple times per set in order to beat far more skilled players, thats when things get messy.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
The problem is anyone can pick up MK and play this way and force people to change characters.
You're doing exactly the same thing to counter by forcing people to change characters.

Why should people lose a set or be forced to CP snake every time to win vs someone who may have far lower skill, but knows how to abuse the game mechanics like MK can?
Isn't abusing game mechanics part of overall skill?

If an MK user is the better player, they WILL win the set. Only difference is the loser doesnt walk away from the set seething with rage and tempted to quit brawl.
If anything, beating some AFTER they are forced to change character would make me rage. I'd rather play someone giving everything they have with their best character than winning because of some lame rule. Perhaps we should implement an antiSA rule because of all the apparently 'hypergay' players there. Every player from SA is forced to use Captain Falcon because there's nothing gay about him and SA players are super gay so we have to stop that. As Zero blantantly stole my SA tactic, I won't even discuss that further.

This way someone who mains any character to get a win vs an MK user who only knows how to abuse the tactics, if the first player is the better player overal
choo choo, here comes the competitive fighter train, next stop SA.

Browny

Smash Hater
you have no idea what its like to play against an MK who abuses those tactics... you guys really dont.
refer to that video i linked in above post

anyway enough of this topic i dont wanna see any more posts on it its not for discussion here, thats for the SG website or adl thread... unless people actually complain about the rule, it stays. Plenty of our players use MK enough, we get good experience vs him. we just dont allow him to wreck the tournament scene to the point people no longer even attend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom