• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu's All PR Upick in honor of Utricked Mafia - Day 4 Begins! Deadline Janurary 9th!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If there are two mafiosi left we're at mylo which would justify a No Lynch.

I'm not sold on it yet though. Let me think through things first.

:059:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
We're not no lynching today. Kary let me know when you're satisfied with what you're doing and then I have stuff I want to take care of.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I have Orbo as null at the moment, as I thought he was town prior to knowing neighbors could be either alignment. Plus, his posts never struck me as Town intent, but they haven't seemed scummy either.

I just know that the only person not worth lynching is Gheb. Though, I feel it's more likely Glyph is a Town Inventor rather than scum one. So, it would be down to Orbo, Kary, and Kantrip.

I would be the most comfortable with Lynching either Orbo or Kantrip. I believe Kary VT claim is likely true as it wouldn't be safe for scum to claim it with my tracking ability in a PR filled game

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Gheb glyph and kantrip arent dying today.
Feel like we should lynch fie before kary, but thats mostly due to the roel conflict woth glyph. Yeah, i get both can technically fit due to glyphs stuff happening during the day but thats still essentially the sane role twice. One just goves his stuff out to other people.
Kary i dont recall himdoing much kf anything this game and his claim kinda doesnt do anything for me

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I have Orbo as null at the moment, as I thought he was town prior to knowing neighbors could be either alignment. Plus, his posts never struck me as Town intent, but they haven't seemed scummy either.

I just know that the only person not worth lynching is Gheb. Though, I feel it's more likely Glyph is a Town Inventor rather than scum one. So, it would be down to Orbo, Kary, and Kantrip.

I would be the most comfortable with Lynching either Orbo or Kantrip. I believe Kary VT claim is likely true as it wouldn't be safe for scum to claim it with my tracking ability in a PR filled game
You dknt find it off he's essentially the only vt in the game?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Alright, I had planned on putting more time into this but I keep having stuff come up so here's the cliffnotes.

The more I think on the Gheb-Bardull situation the less happy I am with it. As is, Gheb effectively has a pass to endgame unless he gets NK'd, and scum would almost certainly not waste a shot on a slot that's already highly suspect. Town won't lynch him because we are hanging onto the hope that we'll get a clear/bingo on him from Bardull's flip. Buuuuuuut there's a little more to that scenario.

Ok, so we're going to do my favorite thing in mafia and look at the situation like a scummer would. I'm operating under two critical assumptions for this.

1. The jan ability is optional and can be used on any kill. Its worked on lynches and a daykill, I really doubt it'd be unavailable for NK's as well.

2. The jan ability is coming from the mafia faction. COULD be an indy, but it would make pretty little sense to have an indy who's just there to delay information and would be immediately apparent to mafia.

So, lets start under the assumption that Bardull is town. He flips, and Gheb is cleared. Oh no, right? ...but really, why is that a problem? Think on it. The day was still in progress, and at the very worst he draws a doc to him at night. Gheb hasn't exactly been a powerhouse player this game, so why tie up such a valuable resource for scum just to keep us guessing about him? Especially when he could just be NK'd, or left alone to continue doing little more than any other player?

In short, the only reason to jan TownBardull AND KEEP HIM JANNED is to keep Gheb's slot on the lynch table. Which is I guess nice? I will also point out that it's possible that it was just less appealing to jan any of the slots that have died afterwards, but the ability to keep us on our toes and slow our information even further would be a tempting call.

BUT, and this is the fun one, what if Bardull was scum? I've touched on this previously, and still stand by those points and that I believe there's a solid link between Gheb being scum with Bardull were that to happen. Suddenly, keeping Bardull's flip hidden is a LOT more critical, since its what's keeping Gheb alive. Not only does it make him difficult to lynch, but the idea that 'well wait he might be a cleared slot!' makes it difficult to ever lynch him. We can't assume we're going to get that Bardull flip ever, nor should we assume that Bardull was town. Look back and reread his slot, there's a reason he was under a huge microscope and a high lynch candidate while he was alive. I mean we elected to have him shot! That wasn't because we thought he was super duper towny!

So, lets start get this out of the way.

vote: Gheb

I wish I had stuck with my guns earlier and put my foot down, so I'll just do it now. There's way too much nastiness surrounding this slot to gamble on a clear that scum decides if we get. Gheb's play following the jan been incredibly safe. Go reread his recent stuff and show me where he stuck his neck out. You're going to find a lot of questions, that are about mafia, but don't tell you anything about how Gheb himself feels. You're also going to find things are are true, and about mafia, but again don't give you ANYTHING to work with. Just 'hey this is a thing don't forget guys.' I'm also very VERY leery of how often he's reminded us that he's just a simple doublevoter, no special other abilities here noooooo sir. Yes, we do know he's a doublevoter, but it would be really really dumb in a game like this to assume that was the end of his role. Its possible, sure, but a safe conclusion? lol no.

As far as potential scummates, my personal highest candidates are FiE and Orbo. Orbo has been a constant nasty this entire game, where he's technically here but doing NOTHING. Remember when I asked if anyone could name something Orbo did this game? Same question. Don't reread, and give me like 2 stances he's taken. If you can do that AND give me his reasoning for them, congrats you've already played more mafia than he has.

FiE I reaaaaaaally dislike the claim of. I don't like his taking Gheb off the lynch table entirely. I don't like how everything bad he does can be waved away as being a new player, but that's just kind of how the **** hits the fan. I'm leaning Orbo over FiE but we can worry about that later.

So here's the deal. I've lost my abilities, but have gotten enough mileage out of my role. Now I'm just a VT, which should hopefully keep me alive to smack you goons around tomorrow as well. If there's a glaring hole in my problems with Gheb tell me, otherwise do me a solid and lets actually punch this one through since we're losing steam rapidly.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Your ealize i put a lot of mythouguts through rake right glyph? Shouldn't be that much of a problem. Plus im here now and focusing on things.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
And I'm not trying to lynch you right now, so keep it up!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
literally the ONLY thing I like about the Gheb-Bardull theory is that it explains why Rake was shot.

Glyph are you really looking at a Maven-Bardull-Gheb-??? scumteam?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Glyph you realize if Gheb is scum it means Bardull was also scum with a Maven traitor so FiE and Orbo are probably town. I'm really hoping we don't have a 3-man team AND a traitor

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Kary who do you wanna lynch and why? Ive seen a lot of geez this game is fristrating guess ill settle for this oerson but not you pushing anything on your own

Kantrip

Kantplay
For what it's worth, IF for some reason there is 3 scum and a traitor, FiE is off the table due to the statements he made about a two-man team earlier in the game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
According to Glyph's theory, mafia must've had at least 4 votes at the beginning of the game: one for Maven, one for Bardull, two for Gheb. Since 12 votes were available overall that means that we must have started the game with a 8 vs 4 scenario. A mislynch, the NK afterwards and a misshot with Glyph's gun would've put the game into lylo on Day 2 already. Two mislynches would've been enough to lose the game for town right away.

I'm not scum. I'm not even suspicious of being scum. There's simply, objectively no realistic chance that I am scum at this point.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary who do you wanna lynch and why? Ive seen a lot of geez this game is fristrating guess ill settle for this oerson but not you pushing anything on your own
I already who I mentioned who I want to lynch. And not pushing anything? That's a bit rich coming from you, really.

Did you read Glyph's post? He's going on about Gheb/Orbo or Gheb/FiE potential scum teams so it appears he needs someone to state the obvious for him.
you know I did notice that which is why I asked him about it already

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Let's not talk about Glyph's case anymore? As far as I can see nobody has agreed with it and all the counter-arguments are out there. Unless you think Glyph is scummy for it we should just move on and start making up our minds on whom we wanna lynch.

For toDay I'd say Orbo, FiE or Kary [in that order].

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I already who I mentioned who I want to lynch. And not pushing anything? That's a bit rich coming from you, really.

you know I did notice that which is why I asked him about it already
Theres a why missing in that case

Also its not how i play to push things at the forefront for better or worse. You however direct things much more as town kr at keast try to. Thats not apparent this game

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
People always trying to tell me how I play, as if somehow they know better than I do.

Shut the everliving **** up. Literally a page a go I'm suggesting a no lynch because I think it might generate results for town, and you're here telling me 'I'm not directing things'. Ok.

With 6 alive, and Gheb/Glyph likely cleared off their roles, that doesn't leave a lot to choose between. Neither you or Kantrip has done anything worth anything this game, and I like you slightly more than him on the basis that his posts seem very arbitrary and observational rather than analytic and scumhunt-y. You being barely ****ing here is probably town laziness. Fie by contrast reads like triple distilled noob, and from the little he posts he comes across more pants-on-head ******** than actually telling one way or another. If his claim wasn't absolute premium garbage he'd probably still be in the null camp.

There. Now you want me to stop ******** at people, ****ing pull your socks up and start playing this game.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Funny how it took till i was actually doing stuff for you to vote me for not doing stuff.
Granted mason claim and all but that masquerade got canceled yesterday. What flipped ypu over the hump now gheb?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Can we lynch somebody soon? This game is getting increasingly stupid to play.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kantrip, Glyph and FiE are pretty inactive / unhelpful. They all deserve death :x

Top Bottom