• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Eliwood? If THIS one is true, than that's rather boring. Oh well, at least Ridley's on this "leak."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This new roster sucks bad...

...N/M

I don't like it

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Okay, now I know THIS is the real deal.

NOT.

I wouldn't mind if it was but it looks a tiny bit fake...

One thing that makes this guy credible though is that Lip's Stick actually was never shown as a singular update so we don't know if it has a seperate icon. Also shows why we haven't seen the Advance Wars artillery AT update yet.

We have no deconfirmation of the icon from Panel de Pon or Nintendo Wars yet....

Who is Will and who is Andy? I'd like to know...And Eliwood is pretty much Roy right?

And I love the stage list.

Actually, this seems very credible.

I think this is the real leak...

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, now I know THIS is the real deal.

NOT.

I wouldn't mind if it was but it looks a tiny bit fake...

One thing that makes this guy credible though is that Lip's Stick actually was never shown as a singular update so we don't know if it has a seperate icon. Also shows why we haven't seen the Advance Wars artillery AT update yet.

We have no deconfirmation of the icon from Panel de Pon or Nintendo Wars yet....

Who is Will and who is Andy? I'd like to know...And Eliwood is pretty much Roy right?

And I love the stage list.

Actually, this seems very credible.

I think this is the real leak...
Will and Andy are from Advance Wars and Will is one of the new characters joining the crew in Advance Wars for their new DS title that doesn't have a release date yet.

Chepe

Smash Lord
So its the most credible because it has nothing that really upsets people? Nice wishful thinking, but we will definitely be having crybabies all around when the roster is known...

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Will and Andy are from Advance Wars and Will is one of the new characters joining the crew in Advance Wars for their new DS title that doesn't have a release date yet.
You mean Days of Ruin? It comes out on January 21, 2008.

Can you say Will is the new Roy (aka a clone that has been inserted for advertising purposes).

And I looked it up, Eliwood is pretty much Roy...

And Mona, she's Wario's girlfriend right?

Diamond City and Koholint are great stage ideas and Krazoa Palace will own all.

Revven

FrankerZ
You mean Days of Ruin? It comes out on January 21, 2008.

Can you say Will is the new Roy (aka a clone that has been inserted for advertising purposes).
Yeah, that one and I had that theory about Will as well. The roster could be true, but, it could also be a possibility. Remember, Sakurai put in clones in Melee not because he was out of time but because he had time, too much time. It could be the same for Brawl, and if it is, send in the clones! :laugh:

We'll have to wait and see though.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
So its the most credible because it has nothing that really upsets people? Nice wishful thinking, but we will definitely be having crybabies all around when the roster is known...
Well, the only thing that contradicts about this statement is the fact that ChaosZero said that Ness and Sheik WAS playable and Vatro Xu says otherwise.

Also if Nintendo WAS going to bring back clones, they should bring back the clones from Melee. Why Wolf and Eliwood, when we can just have Falco and Roy back? Black Shadow makes sense, because he replaces Melee Ganondorf, assuming Brawl Ganondorf has original moves.

The Director

Smash Lord
Newcomers (original move sets):
Andy, Ridley, Ray (I don't know if he has a number attached to his name, but he looks pretty similar to the DS incarnation), Mona, Lucario, Captain Olimar, and Lip (the Lip's Stick item means nothing so don't even say it),

Newcomers (clones):
Will (Andy Clone), Black Shadow (Captain Falcon clone), Wolf (Fox clone), Vaati (Zelda clone), Eliwood (Marth clone)
LOL really? Andy and Will? I think the only nod Advance Wars is getting in this game is the AT. (possibly ATs)

I'm sorry. These "leaks" are getting out of control. Haven't you guys learned not to trust anything that comes out of Gamefaqs? When the leak happens, it will happen here.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Well, the only thing that contradicts about this statement is the fact that ChaosZero said that Ness and Sheik WAS playable and Vatro Xu says otherwise.

Also if Nintendo WAS going to bring back clones, they should bring back the clones from Melee. Why Wolf and Eliwood, when we can just have Falco and Roy back? Black Shadow makes sense, because he replaces Melee Ganondorf, assuming Brawl Ganondorf has original moves.
The kid never said Falco wasn't coming back. He even stated for ppeople not to yell at him about a certain veteran coming back because he didn't ask at thte time. He only told us EXACTLY what he knew.

And really, the Ness part of ChaosZero's seemed the only part of his "prophet" reading that was questionable. Everything else in it lines up with this info.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Eliwood is Roy's father.

These leaks ARE getting out of control. Anyone can just say who they want in brawl and one poor soul would believe him. It's sad, really.

JPSChampagne

Smash Cadet
I'd believe Nin10Dough's roster before this most recent one. It goes better with what the Dragoon Parts guy said, and I'm inclined to believe he had insider information, if any of them do. I suppose we'll all wait and see, though. I've waited months for things to be this exciting. Maybe we should start voting for our favorite prophet?

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
This new guy has one huge problem in the fact that he claims characters are out, despite not knowing the roster.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I am seriously appalled by the amount of people believing Nin10dough... Guess I cant do anything, but people really get so desperate to believe something without some sort of credibility bit?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Psy-aye-ayeee.... :dizzy:

Shouldnt perhaps all these new leaks just be lumped together as a "Fake Leak Fad" or something?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
this looks legit
Of course, Everything well written these days looks legit.

Curse those slang words and forum trolls that spell like apes!!

Seriously, I know I got no reason not to believe him (except for the fact that I don't want to :S), but people just tend to believe anyone who writes pretty and writes a lot and does so in a way that makes it easier to understand than normal forum posts is legit :S.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Of course, Everything well written these days looks legit.

Curse those slang words and forum trolls that spell like apes!!

Seriously, I know I got no reason not to believe him (except for the fact that I don't want to :S), but people just tend to believe anyone who writes pretty and writes a lot and does so in a way that makes it easier to understand than normal forum posts is legit :S.
well im sticking with this guy til the full roster is revealed. I mean Raykz you gotta stick with someone ride the train at least a little.:laugh:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
well im sticking with this guy til the full roster is revealed. I mean Raykz you gotta stick with someone ride the train at least a little.:laugh:
Yeah I know, but I want Bowser Jr. playable :p.

So even though there is no reason not to believe this guy, I just won't, I will live in denial in a cave under a rock.

Boofer

Smash Ace
****, his post was the complete opposite of Nin10dough's list. His is completely underwhelming, but sadly it seems very believable. I'm gonna pay close attention to him, but then again, I'm wondering why he's releasing info in bits. Why would anybody do that if they were sure that they couldn't be tracked?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I think the fact that he's dragging it out like that makes it seem fake: hook the forumgoers with a tease (ROSTER LEAK!) and then keep them coming back. Attention whoring? Maybe. We'll see. I just wanted to share it for whatever it's worth--and because this is the compendium of all those crazy rumors, haha. ;)

Frogla

Smash Ace
I think the fact that he's dragging it out like that makes it seem fake: hook the forumgoers with a tease (ROSTER LEAK!) and then keep them coming back. Attention whoring? Maybe. We'll see. I just wanted to share it for whatever it's worth--and because this is the compendium of all those crazy rumors, haha. ;)
indeed are he is seeing how everybody is treating him, (so being testing the waters). If someone was starving and was being a jerk about the meat you were about to give them. Would you give.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
There's nothing that particularly makes it seem legitimate. Heck, his explination for Wolf seems a bit suspect, since he seems to be defending it like you would a list. Also, his information with Geno is off, since he is owned by SE, though that's not really saying anything about the list, since he didn't include him directly. >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
Sounds totally more believable than Nin10dough and the other guy I posted. At least he went out of his way to deconfirm some things said by them. Somehow, I feel this guy will be the guy that was for Melee. He'll be serious and everything and nobody will believe him until the time of the Japan release and bam everything he says is true. I'm going to read his next one that he posts, he sounds legit.

Not only that, but, his claims aren't BS sounding either. He's not outlandish and Krystal being an AT makes sense. And, I point you again to Wolf being a recurring newcomer and Ness being the recurring veteran in a lot of these alleged "leaks". I'm more inclined to believe these two characters will be in regardless of whether these "leaks" are true or not. Hopefully so.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on him so far. He seems to be the guy that would go out of his way for something like this. Especially with how cautious he seems to be. And, rightfully so, and if he is a fake he's doing a **** good job of fooling people. I have to give him credit for that.

He's like Chaos Zero reincarnated but with different information in more detail but lacking any credibility!

Kittah4

Smash Ace
****, his post was the complete opposite of Nin10dough's list. His is completely underwhelming, but sadly it seems very believable. I'm gonna pay close attention to him, but then again, I'm wondering why he's releasing info in bits. Why would anybody do that if they were sure that they couldn't be tracked?
I'm sure it would be suspicious for a paranoid person to sit down for hours at a time in a library and type out sensitive information.

I'm pretty much forced to cry in sheer denial of Krystal being an AT, but I can't rule it out. We need a staff/polearm user like her or Bowser Jr. (sigh). All this junk is making the 24th that much harder to wait for.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Sounds totally more believable than Nin10dough and the other guy I posted. At least he went out of his way to deconfirm some things said by them. Somehow, I feel this guy will be the guy that was for Melee. He'll be serious and everything and nobody will believe him until the time of the Japan release and bam everything he says is true. I'm going to read his next one that he posts, he sounds legit.

Not only that, but, his claims aren't BS sounding either. He's not outlandish and Krystal being an AT makes sense. And, I point you again to Wolf being a recurring newcomer and Ness being the recurring veteran in a lot of these alleged "leaks". I'm more inclined to believe these two characters will be in regardless of whether these "leaks" are true or not. Hopefully so.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on him so far. He seems to be the guy that would go out of his way for something like this. Especially with how cautious he seems to be. And, rightfully so, and if he is a fake he's doing a **** good job of fooling people. I have to give him credit for that.

He's like Chaos Zero reincarnated but with different information in more detail but lacking any credibility!
Actually, I think he's legit. He hasn't said anything too out of the ordinary and like all the other prophets is in line with Chaos Zero or completely against him.

Secondly, Monday's update will decide a lot. Say we get Krystal on Monday. Then this guy and nin10dough will be debunked. If we get Falcon, you can count out the 2nd guy. If we get a stage that Vatro Xu mentioned, we can assure he's the guy. If Krystal shows up as an AT o monday, this current guy is telling the truth.

Numerous things in almost every category will clear out about half of these "prophets" within seconds.

Hell, we could get the Advance Wars AT and if it has it's own icon, I believe Vatro Xu. It all depends on THIS Week.

Top Bottom