• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
That Valtro thing has a give away in its stages. He tries to balance them all out like that, but adds in a extra Metroid stage for no reason. =/
Right, that's what I'm saying. And he said,

"these are only ones I remember being told about"

That's just a vague statement to cover up anything obvious he forgot. Of ALL the stages you would be aware of, wouldn't a Sonic stage be one of the most obvious?

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Vatro Xu false by default, because of no Sonic stage? We have music already, it should be a given that Sonic will have a stage in the game and yet he failed to mention it.

EDIT: Also worth a mention... 4 Star Fox stages?! 4 Metroid stages? All very unlikely
He said he didn't know about all the stages and also 4 Metroid and SF stages sound right...

Also, if the update on Monday is one of these stages, he is immeadiately the real leak.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
I count 3 Star Fox and Metroid stages altogether. Whether or not this is true, I think that sounds like a reasonable number. From a franchise having 2 stages to having 3 is reasonable.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Apparently there's another prophet on gamefaqs, and is being well received. Who could this man be? <_< >_>

Boofer

Smash Ace
Does anybody else want to know what the Japanese fans are talking about? We need a translator to go look at the Japanese forums and relay rumors.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody else want to know what the Japanese fans are talking about? We need a translator to go look at the Japanese forums and relay rumors.
Yes! Something from Japan might be more believable!

AmmPo

Smash Rookie
Okay...... Luigi fought...... Seek fought........ Krystal fought.... What the heck does that mean?

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, it's nothing new. Just speculation based on things we already know, like the Shiek interview and Krystal "leak".

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . I don't see any reason to believe the IGN guy. Really, just cause he has a hard "I don't take BS and I don't want to get pwned by Nintendo!" tuude doesn't make him believeable. I believe CZ, the guy who actually leaked something 2 months ago that turned out to be real and one of his other leaks is confirmed by Sere's slip up in words.

Really, it takes more than some tuff guy act to be believeable. He contradics someone who earned thier cred. . .. enuff to not believe him. (Plus, them choosing Wolf as a melee fighter but not Krystal. . . the one with a MELEE weapon? Moves like a ninja but he seems more like a Ganon like power char in SF? "What move-set could they give Falco" yet they can make one for Wolf? Please. . . )

And that V guy. . . .what I like about him is his detailed stages. If one gets confirmed (stages seem likely to be the main course . . .more so than chars) than he earned some cred.

I wonder whats in store for tomarrow. . .

And does anyone see something. . .odd here?
"Anyways, his movement is the same and he still has PK Thunder, but his other attacks are quite different. His Up+B is a pillar of fire...think Pikachu's down+B, except that it won't end up behind him if he's traveling laterally through the air. His Over+B is...some sort of energy attack that he throws. It looks similar to PSI magnet, but yellow...unfortunately that's the best I can desribe it. Finally, his down B causes him to crouch, and he surrounds himself with energy and launches himself as a projectile. Similar to Sonic's attacks, I guess. That's all I've been told, unfortunately."

PK thunder. . . reg B move now or does he not know it was his up B?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
. . . I don't see any reason to believe the IGN guy. Really, just cause he has a hard "I don't take BS and I don't want to get pwned by Nintendo!" tuude doesn't make him believeable. I believe CZ, the guy who actually leaked something 2 months ago that turned out to be real and one of his other leaks is confirmed by Sere's slip up in words.

Really, it takes more than some tuff guy act to be believeable. He contradics someone who earned thier cred. . .. enuff to not believe him. (Plus, them choosing Wolf as a melee fighter but not Krystal. . . the one with a MELEE weapon? Moves like a ninja but he seems more like a Ganon like power char in SF? "What move-set could they give Falco" yet they can make one for Wolf? Please. . . )

And that V guy. . . .what I like about him is his detailed stages. If one gets confirmed (stages seem likely to be the main course . . .more so than chars) than he earned some cred.

"Anyways, his movement is the same and he still has PK Thunder, but his other attacks are quite different. His Up+B is a pillar of fire...think Pikachu's down+B, except that it won't end up behind him if he's traveling laterally through the air. His Over+B is...some sort of energy attack that he throws. It looks similar to PSI magnet, but yellow...unfortunately that's the best I can desribe it. Finally, his down B causes him to crouch, and he surrounds himself with energy and launches himself as a projectile. Similar to Sonic's attacks, I guess. That's all I've been told, unfortunately."

Wait, who is this about???

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ness and his attacks.
Yeah, I know Sakurai knows enough about the Mother series not to mess Ness up so much like that...

The person that made that moveset for him has no idea about ANYTHING to do with the Mother series

D

Deleted member

This whole prophet thing is like The Life of Brian all over again...

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I'm a sucker for all of these rumors, and they definitely put some fuel into our fires for this game. Everything could be believable, or it could be complete BS.

It's obviously disheartening to hear about favorite characters being debunked (really, Krystal is AT? She and Wolf are equal in game appearances!) but then it's kind of fun seeing what people think. Chaotic's Wolf sounds cool, which makes up for Krystal being out in my mind. But really, Vaati? I'll never seen the appeal in the character. An enemy in three (really, one legitimate Zelda game) who has hardly had any impact on the series. Make Midna a Zelda clone, not Vaati! But this isn't a character discussion board.

Keep on bringing the rumors! I can't wait for tomorrow/Monday's (it's an 11pm Sunday update here) update!

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
here is a new one: there seems to be an apparent leak of the JP game, however it is alike the demo of the game.

my plan: on linux use a bruteforce method to unlock the rar archive. then burn to a disc and try it on my "broken" wii.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
here is a new one: there seems to be an apparent leak of the JP game, however it is alike the demo of the game.

my plan: on linux use a bruteforce method to unlock the rar archive. then burn to a disc and try it on my "broken" wii.
So wait, someone leaked the demo? What good would the demo do us?

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
no lemme get this straight.
a couple of weeks ago someone "Leaked a demo" i say that between quotes because no one actually managed to open the rar and it was speculated to contain 4 gigs worth of viruses.

now in the same fashion someone "Leaked the japanese game" so im being cautious with this.
its now at .5% i'll let you know if i get it going.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
no lemme get this straight.
a couple of weeks ago someone "Leaked a demo" i say that between quotes because no one actually managed to open the rar and it was speculated to contain 4 gigs worth of viruses.

now in the same fashion someone "Leaked the japanese game" so im being cautious with this.
its now at .5% i'll let you know if i get it going.
So how long would it take to download? So this potentially could give us the roster? How do you plan to hack the game?

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
it will be a couple of days maybe, if it has anything i'll be able to play it on my modded wii

what really makes this fishy is that a txt file came with it, here is a copy and paste

For Canadian and American residents!
Not sure if it works with UK residents.

Step 1: Go to this site
bull**** link no one should click on
The site does NOT require credit cards or money.

Step 2: Complete enough offers so that you have finished 1 credit. There are hundreds of offers and many ways it can equal 1.
** I suggest using an email address that you don’t commonly use to sign up because you get forwarded a lot of trash **

Step 3: When you sign up, your email shows up on my referral page. When I see you have completed the offers, I will email you the password. Simple as that.

I will not do an ******* thing like that Andrew Coles who “leaked” the demo and make you pay or guess at the password.
Do the credit using no credit cards or money. If you are going to use fake information, at least make a new email to match…if you use fake information chances are you won’t get credit so just use your real info.

If having problems

If credits aren’t registering, try clearing your cookies, then change your settings to “accept all cookies”.

Here are good instructions on how to do that
******* goes ahead and adds another link

You don’t do the offer… you don’t get the password. Good luck!!
like i said its too fishy and i sure as hell will not do any of the above.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman

I think he means the PK move, PK Flash. He just misnamed it as PK Thunder. Ness still has PK Flash.

Top Bottom