• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who said I was asking you?

I am asking to everyone who has seen the rumor. Ness has no recovery...
The recovery is barely the issue...I think the main problem is the lack of knowledge of the Mother series in the making of that moveset

The recovery too of course

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I had a response but I forgot it :<

Oh, wait. That link that was posted earlier to the Japanese site. I can't read Japanese, but I'm skimming the translation and it's just a speculative list. No different than anything we've created.

Note: only expected.

* 予想等 Expected,
o ファイル番号について Number of files
o DXの26人からは誰かが消える。 DX-26 is from somebody who disappear.
o ルイージ参戦? Luigi fought?
o シーク参戦? Seek fought?
o クリスタル参戦? Crystal fought?
o マンガキャラは参戦しない Cartoon characters will not go to war
o スカポンは参戦しない SUKAPON will not go to war
+ ジョイメカファイトの権利問題は解消されてる? JOIMEKAFAITO problem is solved by the right?
o ロックマンは参戦しない? Mega Man is not to go to war?
o 007、スターウォーズ、ポパイ、スパルタンX、中山美穂 は参戦しない 007, Star Wars, Popeye, spartan X, Miho Nakayama will not go to war
o ファミ探のキャラが参戦しないワケ FAMI is exploring the characters do not go to war WAKE
o レア社のキャラが参戦しないワケ Lesア社's character is not fought WAKE
o 参戦キャラの条件? Cara fought conditions?
o 登場シーンの消えたワケ The scenes appeared and disappeared WAKE
o Wi-Fi対戦は勝敗ではなく楽しく対戦が目標 Wi-Fi is not the outcome of the matchup was fun matchup goal
Just talking about all the "confirmations" we have so far. Like no Mega Man, no non-video game characters, and we don't get Wi-Fi scores. Things that Sakurai has mentioned but not actually posted or confirmed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Oh, wait. That link that was posted earlier to the Japanese site. I can't read Japanese, but I'm skimming the translation and it's just a speculative list. No different than anything we've created.

Just talking about all the "confirmations" we have so far. Like no Mega Man, no non-video game characters, and we don't get Wi-Fi scores. Things that Sakurai has mentioned but not actually posted or confirmed.
That thing about Sukapon, I wanna know what it says because I saw NO proof that he will not be in other than a comment made about Sukapon's physics not working in Melee

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman

I notice it said "Luigi fought, Seek fought, Crystal fought"... who is 'Seek' and what do these quotes mean? God I hope Krystal is not in this game.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I notice it said "Luigi fought, Seek fought, Crystal fought"... who is 'Seek' and what do these quotes mean? God I hope Krystal is not in this game.
Seek = Shiek and if you read the actual news its just what we already know

Luigi fought: At E4All a Nintendo employee was asked: Who is in Brawl? and he responded: Mario, Luigi, Bowser and more!

We already knew this, you can look up for the video, it looks more like the guy doesnt know **** about Brawl and was just saying random names, but honestly who doesn't think Luigi will come back?

Shiek fought: The Legend of Zelda team sent Twilight Princess models of Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and Shiek to Sakurai (at his request). Sakurai then asked them to work with his team on possible changes to these models.

Again we knew about this long time ago.

Krystal fought: Krystal's Voice-Actor is in Brawl. Supposedly she is doing Lyn's assist trophy voice and ZS Samus' voice, but people can still speculate about Krystal being in Brawl.

We also knew about this.

All 3 of these are speculations, nothing is confirmed.

cswright

Smash Apprentice
the page this came from says right at the top, in bad translated english, "my expectations" or "my speculation" or something along those lines. It's a post of what the guy wants to see and is pretty much useless.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Who said I was asking you?

I am asking to everyone who has seen the rumor. Ness has no recovery...
Wow ferocity seriosity!

I was joking, you asked the question like we were supposed to know the answer.

You know joke? Haha? Heehee?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The Up-B "Pillar of Fire" move, remember?

"It works pretty just like Pikachu's Thunder only after the fire hits, Ness shoots up."
Hmmm, thats not what it says...

"His Up+B is a pillar of fire...think Pikachu's down+B, except that it won't end up behind him if he's traveling laterally through the air."

Exact quote, and its ALL he says about it, no shooting up at all.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Its fake anyway, what does it matter?
The guys crappy moveset for Ness proves it is fake.

Plus the dumb a** says he doesn't want to get sawed by nintendo. . . but he doesn't work for them/ never signed any NDA with them and was told these things by someone who was under a NDA. Its like. . .Gonintendo leaking something big in a podcast, breaking their NDA and I get sawed for telling others about what I heard.:ohwell:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Its fake anyway, what does it matter?
I am proving it fake... You can't say its fake without proof, where there you have it, Ness has non-Mother franchise-like abilities that are basically copies of abilities of other characters and on top of that he has no recovery...

Remember.... YOU MUST RECOVER!

XD LOL

cswright

Smash Apprentice
supposedly he probably meant down+B move since there are two up+B ones there

Boofer

Smash Ace
Do those moves that Ness supposedly has correspond with anything from the actual games?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I am proving it fake... You can't say its fake without proof, where there you have it, Ness has non-Mother franchise-like abilities that are basically copies of abilities of other characters and on top of that he has no recovery...

Remember.... YOU MUST RECOVER!

XD LOL
OMG thats the perfect time to use that update lol:laugh:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Do those moves that Ness supposedly has correspond with anything from the actual games?
I woudn't know, but someone here said they did not.

supposedly he probably meant down+B move since there are two up+B ones there
The guy made all 4 specials, including dowb + b, and he did not make 2 up + B, he said PK thunder was back, but he confused it with PK Flash, meaning either Ness has no recovery, or PK Thunder is his neutral B and its not as "mobile" as it was. (which to me sounds kind of stupid)

OMG thats the perfect time to use that update lol
Haha, yeah! XD

SD3

Smash Rookie
A new GameFAQs 'prophet': http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40599949

I've obtained this information over a period of time from various sources, including magazine editors, beta testers, etc. Thought you guys might want to view it. I've been asked, however, not to reveal specific newcomer characters. That's ok with me. I've been able to collect the following information that I can reveal to you,however. I'm extremely fortunate to get all this:

-Luigi will be returning as a hidden character. He will battle using his Poltergust 3000 as one of his moves. He will have an entirely original moveset and was one of the most heavily de-cloned characters.

-Ganondorf is returning in his Twilight Princess style.

-Dixie Kong, Tamagon, Balloon Fighter, Kraid, Tails, Chibi Robo,Orbulon, Tingle, and Poo are all AT's. Blaziken is a Pokeball pokemon.

-There is a stage based off of Tetris DS, and Green Hill Zone is the Sonic stage. I've heard from one source that there will be a stage centering around

-One character cut from Melee will have a major role in Subspace Emissary.

-There is an item from Mario Galaxy calledthe Ice Flower, and whoever gets it will freeze opponents upon contact, but they cannot perform any B moves.

That's all I've got. As the game gets closer, I may be able to reveal more info, but NO NEWCOMERS. I also can't say who's been cut except for the two I've mentioned (Luigi and Ganondorf, who are both returning.) One bit of character info, though:

-The number of series that will be represented in Brawl with a characteris higher than 15. There will be represented series without characters.

Take Care,

thealmightygoat

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
The above is believable. But discussing believability is like discussing whether the gods of the Norse or the Hindu mythology are more likely to exist - it's all shades of gray, and we are after black and white.

cswright

Smash Apprentice
later on the leak guy said something along the lines of "some returning characters had their movesets shifted to newcomers to make room for new moves on the veterans" which sounds like ness/lucas debacle but he could just be pulling it out of his ***

Joka

Smash Journeyman
That one reminded me of that Mewtwo rumor. If Mewtwo is REALLY cut, he might be a boss like Rayquaza.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
That is true, I also wonder how that would happen, and that reminds me of the rumor about how SSE might be 10 Hours long...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
my thoughts on SD3'S prophet:

it's all believable... it's also all guessable stuff.

i don't think it's really a "leak" but if most of that stuff ends up being true i won't be suprised either it's alot of "yea probably" stuff everyone is guessing already.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I hate the asinine arguments that take place when these prophets come around as there is never good evidence for either side, but I just love reading what these people claim! I hope there's more, because if nothing else, it's quite fun. I don't understand why people get so angry over it, if they're trolls, that's the last thing you should do!

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I'm really looking forward to monday. This week has spawned so many 'prophets' out of boredom, it's driving me mad!

It will be interesting to see if any of the predicted things turn up next week. personally i'm expecting a really good week, considering there's been a week-long break, but i don't want to get my hopes up. Before the break Sakurai was discussing a lot of game mode stuff, so next week could back up none of the prophet's claims.

The Japanese release will be good, too. I didn't want to find out who was in until i got the game, but all these predictions, coupled with the unnanounced UK date makes me want to know.

Top Bottom