• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Probably fake
The same could be said for ALL leakers.

It's best to look at all these recent leakers as fake anyway... there's only about 3 weeks until Brawl's release in Japan, plus the giant drought of updates is almost at it's end, so we won't exactly be short of information as to resort to believing leakers... who knows? One of them could be real, but it's just not worth the risk of dissapointment.

The Director

Smash Lord
- The original unlockable four (Jigglypuff, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness) will be unlockables again in Super Smash Bros Brawl as a nod to Super Smash Bros.
That would be neat! Maybe that explains why we haven't seen Ness or Falcon yet? As we've seen Sakurai is making many nods towards Smash 64.

Black/Light

Smash Master
thealmightygoat's Leak sounds believeable and mostly guessable all at the same time. I don't really care either way cause Characters and crazy stages/ items (Dragoon) are all I care for hearing about. . . hes not even going to touch on character so w/e.

Boofer

Smash Ace
thealmightygoat said:
The number of series that will be represented in Brawl with a characteris higher than 15. There will be represented series without characters
Hmm...common sense much? there are already 17 series with characters. I'm fairly sure this dude is only making guesses, and very safe ones at that.

Edit: well 15 series have confirmed characters. We have 21 icons. The only ones without character confirmed for brawl are F-Zero, icon 13 (Game and Watch), Animal Crossing, icon 19, and Picto Chat. So basically this is something that we already know.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
And gamefaqs gives us some more fun

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40612493

by Rapscouter
However I cannot see the future, and I don't have a dad who works for Nintendo, but I do have a family friend who owns a video game cheat site, and he knows quite a bit of people.

Now im going to give you guys some info, you can choose to believe or you can choose not to. The reason I don't have that many posts is because I only use this profile when I get information on a game before every one else does, but I am a gamefaqs regular.

Now the info i'm going to is from my friend who is quite reliable, HOWEVER I am going to throw 3 lies that I made up at the top of my head, because I want you to use your head. I don't want you to believe everything I say or nothing at all like a brainless zombie, I want to think what sounds plausible and what's complete bull.

Super Smash Bros is coming to the Virtual Console Febuary 4th

Metal Gear Solid will have 3 ATs that I know of ,there may be more ,but I don't think so. Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot and somebody else that i'm not going to reveal, not because I can't but because it's a pleasent surprise that will make you smile. Revolver Ocelot stands on one side of the level or platform and rapidly fires at everyone excepts the person who threw the Assist Trophey, and apparently he also says something.

Blastoise, Zapdos, Combusken, Vaporeon, Luxray, Cacnea, and Magmortar will all be Pokeball pokemon.

There will no more delays, it will be out Febuary 10th. This game has been finished and was just delayed so it did not conflict with Super Mario Galaxy's sales.

1/2 the levels from SSB and 1/3 of the levels from SSBM will be in SSBB with improved graphics.

Many people are not going to be surprised who the third 3rd party character is, but many will be.

Skull Kid, Professor Oak, Trace, Kiddy Kong and Sothe are ATs.

Ditto is an extremely powerful pokeball pokemon.

The third 3rd partys characters level is from the same series, but not from the same game he's in.
Luigi's Mansion, Gorons Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's Ship are levels in SSBB.

The Dojo will announce the third 3rd party character not this week, but the following week.

There's really a fourth 3rd party character in the game that's gonna blow mind, not even my friend would tell me who he is.

Now I will be on tomorrow to share some more info. There are already leaks you guys are just looking in the wrong places, and remember lies in the info use your head.
Normally, I disregard these, but some people are claiming this same guy leaked info on other games.

In fact, here (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=40613602), someone tries to prove it's the same guy who leaked stuff on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
@Zoo-bellocks That'd be wierd if this stuff came true (surprised by the 3rd partiers)

i had a friend that told me IC's were back and they were almost finished with the waluigi deaign....the next day IC were back, he said he heard it from a friend....not a famous rumor butone i heard

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Notice how all the things he posted aren't going to happen for about a week? :(

firebird34

Smash Apprentice
I hate 2 sound stupid but does Sakurai have a kid because if he does we could probably get info from him/her.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm just reading all the leaks so I can laugh at whoever screamed FAKE at the real ones. :p

I don't believe or disbelieve any of them though.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
And gamefaqs gives us some more fun

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40612493

by Rapscouter

Normally, I disregard these, but some people are claiming this same guy leaked info on other games.

In fact, here (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=40613602), someone tries to prove it's the same guy who leaked stuff on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.
OMG! I actually remember this!

About 2 weeks before D/P came out, this kid announced that Togetic, Nosepass, Magmar, Tangela, Magneton, and Porygon 2 would all have new evolutions. He also announced that Lucario was not a legendary and that he is actually the primary Pokemon of the 3rd Gym Leader, that there was still no Dark type gym and that Piplup's final evo. was a Water/Steel type.

People scoffed and laughed at the stuff he posted but when D/P was released, every detail came true. People were shocked to see Empoleon as a Water/Steel and the evolution of Magneton and Togetic came as a huge surprise.

This guy, and I have almost NO doubt in saying this, is the real deal.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
I bet out of that info he posted, the 3 lies are : a 4th 3rd party character, SSB64 for the Virtual Arcade, and Ditto being powerful (lol)

If this DOES turn out to be the real leak, than who is the new 3rd party character? It's obviously not Megaman, Bomberman or Geno.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^Not at all, the 3 lies are:

1 -Blastoise, Zapdos, Combusken, Vaporeon, Luxray, Cacnea, and Magmortar will all be Pokeball pokemon.

^That is CLEARLY BS. Cacnea and Combusken he clearly pulled out of his *** and there all plenty of Pokeball Pokemon that have yet to be confirmed that we know about. Also, with Squirtle as a playable character, I doubt Blastoise would be in a pokeball anymore.

2 -Skull Kid, Professor Oak, Trace, Kiddy Kong and Sothe are ATs.

^ Partly BS. At least I'm calling it. Why would Professor Oak of all people be an AT? Pokemon has ENOUGH representation in Brawl. There don't have to be Pokemon ATs too!

3 -1/2 the levels from SSB and 1/3 of the levels from SSBM will be in SSBB with improved graphics.

^ It was already confirmed that past stages are returning with "as minimal changes as possible"

rusashi

Smash Apprentice

1 -Blastoise, Zapdos, Combusken, Vaporeon, Luxray, Cacnea, and Magmortar will all be Pokeball pokemon.

^That is CLEARLY BS. Cacnea and Combusken he clearly pulled out of his *** and there all plenty of Pokeball Pokemon that have yet to be confirmed that we know about. Also, with Squirtle as a playable character, I doubt Blastoise would be in a pokeball anymore.

^ Partly BS. At least I'm calling it. Why would Professor Oak of all people be an AT? Pokemon has ENOUGH representation in Brawl. There don't have to be Pokemon ATs too!

3 -1/2 the levels from SSB and 1/3 of the levels from SSBM will be in SSBB with improved graphics.

^ It was already confirmed that past stages are returning with "as minimal changes as possible"
All of your proofs for his BS aren't any better than mine.

1) Cacnea is a fairly popular pokemon, considering it's in the anime, being James' new Koffing. There's a Torchick Pokeball, why not a Combusken one as well? Combusken could do the same thing as Hitmonlee did if he doesn't return. And Squirtle and Blastoise are not the same pokemon. They can exist seperately, who cares if Squirtle's playable. Who's to say Pichu won't be a Pokeball, especially if he's not erturning

2) Pokemon is one of Nintendo's most popular games, I'd say they're the 3rd most popular, behind Zelda and Mario. Just because there's pokeballs, doesn't mean there can't be AT's.

3) Minimal changes would be graphics.

I just think the 4th 3rd party character is a lie. Who else could we get as a 3rd party character? Megaman was denied, leaving us with Geno and Bomberman. Who else has been on a Nintendo console? Guilty Gear characters? Pac man? Unless we're getting something completely obscure, I can't see 4 3rd party characters. The only thing I could see is a Final Fantasy character, from FF1- FF6, but what's the point, fans won't cry in glee unless they see Squall, Cloud or Tidus. I wouldn't mind Paladin/Dark Knight Cecil though. He'd be a faster Ike, with a Final Smash turning him into a Paladin, with healing spells.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying the lies are : Prof. Oak as an AT, Ditto being >9000, and K. Rool's ship stage.
I believe this guy, and really hope he is legit. I just wish he would have said something about Everyone's Favorite Space Pirate.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I kind of have a hard time believing revolver Ocelot will be an AT mainly because he uses guns.

REVOLVERS.
so that might be a lie

I don't believe the smash bros to virtual console thing. Don't know why, just don't believe it.. (though its entirely possible)

And the ditto thing looks just thrown in there. He would've included it with all the other Pokemon he named.

Other than that, since he has previous leaks that came true, I have no real reason to not believe him.

A graphics improvement IS minimal...

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
What about the guy on smashboards who actually claimed to be Sakurai himself. I remember we asked him a question and he went on a "Lunch Break" for about 5 hours. Oh yeah, thats the one that killed my spirit.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman

1) Cacnea is a fairly popular pokemon, considering it's in the anime, being James' new Koffing. There's a Torchick Pokeball, why not a Combusken one as well? Combusken could do the same thing as Hitmonlee did if he doesn't return. And Squirtle and Blastoise are not the same pokemon. They can exist seperately, who cares if Squirtle's playable. Who's to say Pichu won't be a Pokeball, especially if he's not erturning

2) Pokemon is one of Nintendo's most popular games, I'd say they're the 3rd most popular, behind Zelda and Mario. Just because there's pokeballs, doesn't mean there can't be AT's.

I just think the 4th 3rd party character is a lie. Who else could we get as a 3rd party character? Megaman was denied, leaving us with Geno and Bomberman. Who else has been on a Nintendo console? Guilty Gear characters? Pac man? Unless we're getting something completely obscure, I can't see 4 3rd party characters. The only thing I could see is a Final Fantasy character, from FF1- FF6, but what's the point, fans won't cry in glee unless they see Squall, Cloud or Tidus. I wouldn't mind Paladin/Dark Knight Cecil though. He'd be a faster Ike, with a Final Smash turning him into a Paladin, with healing spells.
OKAY, here are your problems.

1. Cacnea is NOT popular. Cacnea was released about half a year ago on the anime.

2. No real problem.

3. Graphics are hardly minimal changes and besides. Did Hyrule look any different? No. So why would any others?

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
3. Graphics are hardly minimal changes and besides. Did Hyrule look any different? No. So why would any others?
What about stages NOT from melee?

Those would need a graphics change.

And that IS minimal when you're considering changing how the entire stage works.

Revven

FrankerZ

1- Just because it looks unbelievable doesn't make it BS. Munchlax and Snorlax are both Pokeball Pokemon and Snorlax is the evolved form of Munchlax yet, Munchlax still make it in. I have no doubt in my mind that Combusken/Blaziken (either one) could be a Pokeball Pokemon as well. In fact, anyone can be one, just because it looks like he pulled it out of his *** doesn't make it BS.

2- Sothe has already been told be an AT from Jump Festa, I would think this part is true because of it. Again, just because it defies our current logic doesn't make it BS. Skull Kid was even a highly requested character so it makes sense that he is an AT. Prof. Oak was even a trophy you could get in Melee, I don't see it out there for him to be an AT.

3- Dreamland and Yoshi's Story would like to have a word with you from Melee. Dreamland's size changed dramatically from SSB to Melee and so did Yoshi's Story with small graphical changes. He didn't say how big those graphical changes were, I could see an SSB64 stage being hugely updated for Brawl though, especially, Sector Z. Sector Z is one of the biggest stages in SSB64, they'd have to change the size (only a little) and they would also need to update the graphics only a tiny bit because of how outdated it would look with Brawl's character models. Not too big of a change, just a small one. Just because it defies all logic (like Sakurai DOES) doesn't make it BS.

And, also, I thought I saw you just say that this guy would be the real deal because you remember him from the D/P leakage. Why would he make these three things up then?

Again, Sakurai defies all logic to begin with so he could throw another two third parties in there if he wanted to. Megaman hasn't been 100% deconfirmed because that podcast was back in November (the 19th), anything could've changed from then to now, we just don't know. Just because certain characters defy our logic of who is in and who isn't doesn't make it seem off and or wrong. Game & Watch appeared in Melee, did anyone request him? No. Sakurai completely defied our logic with him and from that point, anyone can make it in that defies our logic as a third party character.

There's plenty to choose from. From Capcom, Namco Bandai, Hudson, Square-Enix, Ubisoft, and so on (just the main ones I listed off the top of my head).

I don't believe Megaman isn't in Brawl until I see who the next third party character is (if there is one).

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Prof. Oak will do the same thing Resetti does. Y'know the whole Pokemon world intro.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I'll bold the ones I think are lies with add-ons...

I don't see why they'd change the date to 6 days prior. O_o

Metal Gear Solid will have 3 ATs that I know of ,there may be more ,but I don't think so.
Sounds pretty plausible.

Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot and somebody else that i'm not going to reveal, not because I can't but because it's a pleasent surprise that will make you smile. Revolver Ocelot stands on one side of the level or platform and rapidly fires at everyone excepts the person who threw the Assist Trophey, and apparently he also says something.
Guns.

Blastoise, Zapdos, Combusken, Vaporeon, Luxray, Cacnea, and Magmortar will all be Pokeball pokemon.
Why not?

There will no more delays, it will be out Febuary 10th. This game has been finished and was just delayed so it did not conflict with Super Mario Galaxy's sales.
Not particularly surprising.

1/2 the levels from SSB and 1/3 of the levels from SSBM will be in SSBB with improved graphics.
Doesn't strike me as odd at all.

Many people are not going to be surprised who the third 3rd party character is, but many will be.
How very unspecific; it could be any character, really.

Why not? So far it seems that any character could get AT status this time around.

Strikes me as odd, but Sakurai could make it work.

The third 3rd partys characters level is from the same series, but not from the same game he's in.
Also kind of suspicious, but I guess you never know.

Luigi's Mansion, Gorons Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's Ship are levels in SSBB.
Not surprising.

The Dojo will announce the third 3rd party character not this week, but the following week.
Sounds suspicious that this guy knows such a specific timing, but...

There's really a fourth 3rd party character in the game that's gonna blow mind, not even my friend would tell me who he is.
This is *really* suspicious. Sakurai said no more than three 3rd party characters, and I don't see them including a 3rd party character that would blow minds.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
This isn't broad in the least; if we can find who the character could be, we could prove him wrong (if he is lying).

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't see why they'd change the date to 6 days prior. O_o
Errr.... he's not taking about Brawl's release date he's talking about SSB64 being released onto the VC on the Monday that is the same week Brawl comes out (since Brawl comes out on Sunday the 10th). SMB3 came out a week or more earlier than SMG on the VC and Super Metroid came out two (or one, I forget which) weeks before MP3:C was even out. It makes sense to release SSB64 on the VC the week that Brawl comes out, which is the Monday before Brawl's release which happens to be the 4th. It's as if they planned this whole thing out even. Why would they release it the day after Brawl? Doesn't make much sense to me.

They would release the SSB64 onto the VC for hype and to get people who didn't play the original into the Smash Bros. series so they can buy Brawl.

Makes sense yet?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
This Rapscouter fellow is the only prophet with a past that suggests credibility and a way to score some secret info. Of course, everyone can be corrupted.

I can't help but look forward to seeing what he says tomorrow.

Super Smash Bros is coming to the Virtual Console Febuary 4th.
Makes sense.

Metal Gear Solid will have 3 ATs that I know of ,there may be more ,but I don't think so. Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot and somebody else that i'm not going to reveal, not because I can't but because it's a pleasent surprise that will make you smile. Revolver Ocelot stands on one side of the level or platform and rapidly fires at everyone excepts the person who threw the Assist Trophey, and apparently he also says something.
Sakurai and bullets are not on speaking terms. Fake info # 1

Whatever. Who can say if anything makes sense or not here?

This sounds very counter-intuitive but "finished" could mean that it was completed to a sufficient degree but they decided to give it that little extra loving while letting SMG take some limelight. The delay probably did not entail just leaving it in a safe somewhere.

When looking at the update about Classic stages (with the Temple as the example) I can't see any sprucing up of the graphics despite new character models being seen. Also, the graphics were not updated when some 64 stages were carried over to Melee, so why bother this time when people like these stages for their shapes and effects on battle? I call shenanigans #2

Once again, not really info but it's not discrediting or anything.

This seems a bit odd but is just a fraction of the ATs that actually will appear (For example: everyone expects seeing Dixie mentioned and scoff at the prophet for mentioning Kiddy, but she could be in as well). After all, how many expected Wright?

Meh.

Doesn't this disprove Megaman being the 3rd one, seeing as he has appeared in all games in his series?

Meh. Not boring info if true, but nothing that can be speculated on regarding veracity.

It's interesting that he is ready to hedge on something that can break his credibility in two weeks' time. We'll see then won't we? OTOH, wouldn't it make sense for Sakurai to wait as long as possible with this revalation?

While sakurai has said there would be only two to three 3rd party characters, I can't help but feel this is possible. OTOH, I guess this is the prophet's way of making us mind Sakurai's earlier words, and it also seems like a "To good to be true" lek which is exactly what one would tell people to watch out for if one was planting three fake statements... Then again, this fourth 3rd party isn't stated as playable, so I'm abiguous. Nah, I am guessing this is the third pitfall.

Revven

FrankerZ
That almightygoat feller strikes again, HOWEVER, with something more interesting. Since GameFAQs deletes any thread that deals with rumors such as what has been happening with the "leakers" he's decided to relay his information in his profile on the blog they give you on Gamespot. So far, what he says in it is pretty interesting.

thealmightygoat said:
Let's talk about Daily Posts, shall we?

I've cut a deal with two of my sources so far. They've agreed to provide me enough information to last up until Brawl's release. I will update daily as often as I can and cover1-3 bits of info maximum. Now, updating will work similar to Dojo, only weekends will see updates as well. The week will end with a major Saturday update containing one major piece of information. Today, however, it's just going to be simple. Let's start with the first official update:

1. NEW ITEM: BITTER SPRAY

Origin: Pikmin 2 (2004)

The Bitter Spray from Pikmin works as such: upon obtaining it, press A to use it. It will release a small blast much like in the game and any foes caught in the blast will be temporarily turned to stone. They cannot physically move, andyou cannot physically move them. However, feel free to attack at will! Damage will be cut in half, though, as your opponent also gets more immunity from the stone. Use it to buy time or to rack up damage.

2. NEW ITEM: SEA URCHIN

Origin: Clu Clu Land (1985)

You may be surprised to find that this item has already been revealed. It's been an item in the E-For-All demo this year and went largely unrecognized. It's the blue item that has spikes. Why am I mentioning it? Well, because it hasn't been identified by fans as of yet. Basically it's a nuisance that can cause damage with its spikes.

This is the first of what many typical updates will look like. Hope you enjoyed it. Oh, yeah, and I'll also include a preview of tomorrow's update:

PREVIEW: Tomorrow, I'll give away the details oftwo brandnew Assist Trophies, and be wary, one will be a bit controversial!

-thealmightygoat
thealmightygoat said:
Two New Assist Trophies
Hey again,

First off, I'd like to acknowledge the return of Dojo tomorrow. I'd also like to make it clear that I have no idea as to what the updates will be. Hopefully, it'll be something that catches us off guard. I don't know everything about Brawl, mind you! I do happen to know a good amount, though. Anyways, let's see what I have for you guys today....

1. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: PAK E. DERM

Origin: Yoshi's Story (1996)

Hey, wasn't he a Melee trophy? That he was! And he makes his triumphant return! Basically I've heard he's one of the single most annoying AT's in the game other than Devil. He stands on the battlefield for a good long time, blocking off any contact with any enemies on the other side. Don't try to jump over him, it won't work out so well. His sign has gotten the ability to extend its reach. He really closes off the battlefield well.

2. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: RAY 01

Origin: Custom Robo (2004)

Well, Custom Robo fans, here is your last stand. Ray has been deemed worthy of merely an Assist Trophy. He appears in his latest form from Custom Robo in Gamecube. He uses weapons that he receives in the game's beginning. He starts off with a blast from a 3-way gun, and then either uses a Standard-S bomb to stun opponents, or the Twin Flank F pod that knocks an opponent back. He's actually one of the cooler assist trophies, I've been told. Can't wait to use him!

That just about wraps up today. Sorry Custom Robo fans, maybe next game. And sorry Pak E. Derm fans, maybe nex-wait, no. Just no. Never. Let's just do the preview.

PREVIEW: Tomorrow let's talk Subspace Emissary. I've got one update for tomorrow, but it's real good. What exactly is it? Well, I can't say yet! That ruins the surprise!
You can watch his updates here. I'm keeping my eye on him since he seems to be updating everyday. Which is pretty nice since the other "leakers" haven't been doing any of that (ala ChaoticImplosion off the IGN forums). He hasn't said anything outlandish as of late. If anyone remembers him from a few days ago, he was the one who said Blaziken would be a Pokeball Pokemon (just one of the things he said that I rememer off the top of my head without having to copy the original post). You can find what he said before those two updates on the profile. Also, the more recent update is the last one I posted so tomorrow, we will be greeted with SSE information from him.

Whether his information is true isn't known and the best solution is to just follow him and see what he has to say even if he isn't being truthful.

EDIT:
thealmightygoat said:
-Todd from Pokemon Snap is an AT. He appears in his Zero One vehicle.
I just took a look at his oldest update (which contained the information we already had seen on GFAQs) and I found him adding this guy. He too was a trophy in Melee... is it me or are some of the trophies from Melee becoming ATs? Because Prof. Oak from the one guy (Rapscouter) and Todd from this guy... so confusing...

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Sakurai change his mind about the third party and said there will be a few more?

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting the three lies are:

Revolver Ocelot can't have revolvers because real-world guns are banned.

These seem relatively thrown together. Blastoise probably won't be one because of Squirtle being playable. Zapdos would be returning and was not in the Returning pokemon update. Torchic is already a pokeball pokemon, both from the same evolution chain would be unlikely, IMO. The rest just seem randomly thrown there.

That's 4-5 SSB levels and roughly 9 stages from Melee returning. A bit much, I think.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting the three lies are:

Revolver Ocelot can't have revolvers because real-world guns are banned.

These seem relatively thrown together. Blastoise probably won't be one because of Squirtle being playable. Zapdos would be returning and was not in the Returning pokemon update. Torchic is already a pokeball pokemon, both from the same evolution chain would be unlikely, IMO. The rest just seem randomly thrown there.

That's 4-5 SSB levels and roughly 9 stages from Melee returning. A bit much, I think.

1. They could improvise
2. For the Torchic argument, remember Munchlax and Snorlax!
3. Hey ,anything can happen!

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
This almightygoat person seems wholly believable. But then again - a lot of things can be belivable by now! I mean, discussing Brawl is like this operating inside a vortex where everything is shades of gray. Debating what prophet is more belivable than the other is about as easy as trying to describe a bullet's trajectory and probable loss of speed as a factor of time while said bullet is travelling towards your frigging skull.

It's going to be very interesting to see the updates in the coming weeks and see whether any prophets are supported by updates. Of course, the opposite could happen, and then there won't even be a skeleton left of them.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So far, thealmightygoat is the only one that I feel that I could trust without being too credulous. Everything he's said seems legit, so I'm okay with that. I'm hoping that Ness is the cut character that plays a big role in the Subspace Emissary (make room for Claus!), but it could very well be Falco.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I stopped reading here. There was already an update showing returning Pokemon, why would Blastoise and Zapdos not be included in this? Add to the fact the "bullets" thing... I would not believe this for a second

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Blastoise probably won't be one because of Squirtle being playable. Zapdos would be returning and was not in the Returning pokemon update. Torchic is already a pokeball pokemon, both from the same evolution chain would be unlikely, IMO. The rest just seem randomly thrown there.

I don't know why people make their own rules about the pokeball pokemons, seriously. :embarrass

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman

Luigi's Mansion, Goron's Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's Ship are levels in SSBB.

Now I will be on tomorrow to share some more info. There are already leaks you guys are just looking in the wrong places, and remember lies in the info use your head.
I struck through what I think would be lies. What I am almost positive are NOT lies is that SSB64 will be on the Virtual Console before Brawl comes out. There is presidant for that with Paper Mario & Super Paper Mario, Metroid, Super Metroid & Metroid Prime 3, and Super Mario Bros. 3 & Super Mario Galaxy. That makes sense.

The Pokeball'd Pokemon, those are pretty likely to be chosen, especially Magmortar who is likely to be a Charizard replacement. It's not odd to think Blastoise and Squirtle would appear in Brawl with one in a Pokeball and the other as a Playable character. We got two Pokeball'd Pokemon in Munchlax and Snorelax.

They are showing television commercials, so all signs point to the January 24 release.

The AT list is also likely to be true... the supposed flaw is that it has a rep from Pokemon, but I would like to point out that Professor Oak is NOT a Pokemon. He is just from the Pokemon Series. I personally had this idea that there WOULD be one Pokemon rep among the Assist Trophies, and that he would throw down Pokeballs to attack everyone on the field, including the one who summoned him. Professor Oak makes sense.

Ditto was planned for Melee, and was supposibly going to transform into your character and then help beat up opponents like Nana does with Popo. That'd make Ditto powerful.

Everything else could be false, but I hope not. ;)

As for the thealmightygoat fella, he can be proven wrong or right soon enough.

Boofer

Smash Ace
That's interesting, about thealmightygoat. I'll be paying attention to his stuff. Do you have the link to his blog thinggy?

Revven

FrankerZ
EBF has confirmed Ness as a playable character!

He knew about the Franklin Badge, New Pork City stage, and playable Lucas weeks before they were confirmed.

"Get to Chapter 3 in Adventure mode, and progress all the way through to the end (save the game during the last checkpoint just in case you lose the upcoming boss battle). There's a cutscene in which Lucas is approached by Porky (in his spider mech), who backs Lucas up the edge of a cliff, with nowhere to turn. One of Porky's machine's mechanized legs lifts up about to attack Lucas, when the mechanized leg is hit with a sudden PK blast from behind. Porky turns around and Ness is standing there. The cutscene transitions into a Lucas (P1) & Ness vs. Porky boss battle. Damage the mech until the HP bar at the top of the screen drains out, but watch out for the spider legs, as they cause quite a bit of damage. When you defeat Porky, Ness will be unlocked. -EBF"

Looks like ChaosZero is correct (so far)...EBF (EarthBound Fan) is a friend of mine (we met years ago at Starmen.net) who has close ties to sources within HAL Laboratory, one of the co-developers of MOTHER 3. I believe there's an "EarthBound Fan" member here at GameFAQs, but it's a totally different person.

Around the time Starmen.net speculated about the Franklin Badge, EBF sent me the following e-mail which I made a topic here about, but it was overlooked and labeled as "generic"/"anybody could guess that"/etc. It didn't get any more than 10 replies.

"There's going to be a Franklin Badge item that protects from projectile weapons. I've also heard that Lucas will be a playable character and MOTHER 3's New Pork City will be a stage. Word on Ness returning is still unknown at this point. -EBF"

A few days later, r.e.i.d.m.a.n. of Starmen.net posted similar information, likely from the same source. I'm sure they'll confirm Ness in a few days time.
Topic it came from

I'm posting it here so it can be kept as a log in case the thread I posted gets closed and so we have what was posted to know for sure that if it does become true, we can all laugh at ourselves. But, again, this isn't true until it is on the DOJO!! so, take it with a grain of salt.

Tachita

Smash Cadet
Ths is becoming really frustrating because this last prophats each time are more beliavable but all of them comtradict themselves in a way is imposible to know who's the real deal

I think the most beliavable right know is thealmightygoat because his information seems really plausible AND also this Rapscouter has a reputation and nothing he has stated sounds too unbeliavable (as how he said that three statements are lies) nor contradicts thealmightygoat

Also I don't know why, but at first I had this feeling that this IGN dude (chaotic implosion) is Serebii on disguise

Top Bottom