• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumors Run Rampant! History of SSBB's rumors

cswright

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't think he will answer you. He already said "I can not confirm nor deny" what CZ said. . .BUTTT he can deconfirm what Nin10 is saying meaning that atleast we know that Lucario is in (seeing as he knows almost everything about pokemon in brawl and CZ said mew2 =out and Lucario =in but Serebii couldn't deconfirm that) and what this guy is saying about pokemon is fake (meaning he is a fake).

He says "one pokey vet is coming and one new one is coming"
He says "I can't confirm or deny what CZ said" (which was Mew2 is gone and Lucario is in)
He said that something nin10 said was contradicting to what he knows yet nothing about the CZ one was stated as such.
Jpuff was confirmed by Snake's VA.

Connect the dots. . . .Lucario in/ Mew2 out/ me p!ssed off at Lucario.:ohwell:
i agree, all signs are pointing to lucario in, jigs in, and mewtwo out, but its not confirmed until its confirmed, so... personally i dont really care, but mewtwo seems like an odd character to remove

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I know IMDB rumours don't hold very much weight at all, but Leon Kennedy's voice actor has been added to the cast of Brawl on the site.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. Anyway....it's dissapointing that Capcom and Namco aren't working on this. Also, Tamagon & Plusle and Minun?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seriously. Anyway....it's dissapointing that Capcom and Namco aren't working on this. Also, Tamagon & Plusle and Minun?
WE have no proof that Capcom and Namco aren't...

Also Tamagon was proven false the day Devil was confirmed

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
there was a rumor the Sakurai was going around Japan and asking the public if Krystal was a good character in Brawl. well it turns out he did, the rumor that spouted from that is that he got a positive responce(in favor of Krystal) from the people. and that happened way back! and then the VA thing happen enough time later for him to program her part and get a VA.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
there was a rumor the Sakurai was going around Japan and asking the public if Krystal was a good character in Brawl. well it turns out he did, the rumor that spouted from that is that he got a positive responce(in favor of Krystal) from the people. and that happened way back! and then the VA thing happen enough time later for him to program her part and get a VA.
It IS true actually...He did the same with Geno too BTW:chuckle:

Boofer

Smash Ace
Well, I don't think he will answer you. He already said "I can not confirm nor deny" what CZ said. . .BUTTT he can deconfirm what Nin10 is saying meaning that atleast we know that Lucario is in (seeing as he knows almost everything about pokemon in brawl and CZ said mew2 =out and Lucario =in but Serebii couldn't deconfirm that) and what this guy is saying about pokemon is fake (meaning he is a fake).

He says "one pokey vet is coming and one new one is coming"
He says "I can't confirm or deny what CZ said" (which was Mew2 is gone and Lucario is in)
He said that something nin10 said was contradicting to what he knows yet nothing about the CZ one was stated as such.
Jpuff was confirmed by Snake's VA.

Connect the dots. . . .Lucario in/ Mew2 out/ me p!ssed off at Lucario.:ohwell:
Well somebody gets it at least. It's so effing obvious. And I am pissed as well.

cswright

Smash Apprentice
Man, what a let down...
Wait, what's the proof for Namco?
Again, we have NO proof that these two companies ARE NOT contributing. That is, they could be still. Supposedly there is at least one more third party character

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Well somebody gets it at least. It's so effing obvious. And I am pissed as well.
I figured this out a while ago, but no one listens : \

Eh. Now we have to figure out what actually contradicted Serebiis info. Lucarios MS?Ridley being in? New characters?

That or wait till release

Boofer

Smash Ace
You know what? I enjoy these supposed leaks, even the fake ones. They'll help to tide me over until the game comes out. I'm actually kind of upset the most recent one was debunked so quickly, if that makes any sense.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You know what? I enjoy these supposed leaks, even the fake ones. They'll help to tide me over until the game comes out. I'm actually kind of upset the most recent one was debunked so quickly, if that makes any sense.
Well, Serebii slipped up on the Lucario thing so now we have that mostly confirmed because of this if that helps.:ohwell:

The Director

Smash Lord
Hello, I am an anonymous source who has recently finished testing the upcoming Wii title Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. Refer to me as 'Jake' if you have a query on any of the information in this post. I shall not be using my real name for obvious reasons.

As you may know, the NSTC Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, is scheduled for launch on the 10th of February this quarter. Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Dojo! has been faithfully updating fans on a semi-weekly basis, until now. I plan to use this gap as a chance to release some information of my own.

This is the second leak session I will be making pertaining to the upcoming Nintendo Wii title: Super Smash Brothers: Brawl.

First off, I would like to tell you that I now have another consultant, my fellow tester "Ace" who has a better knowledge of Nintendo games in general than I. According to Ace,Ridleyis in Brawl, but not as a boss. He is a stage hazard in theMetroid stage Tallon IV, I had just asumed that it was some sort of dinosaur wildlife. Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject, as I have onlybasicgaming experience with non-fighting games.

Other than Ridleyhowever, 'Ace' found no decrepancies with the information I have given you, though he wants me to clarify that while the Top Brawler profiles are friend only, but the Top 100 is not.

Alright, now for some new information.

I will give you a full character list due to the demand.

-Characters-

Starting Roster:

- Mario, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Link, Zelda/ Sheik, Wario, Samus/ Zero Suit Samus, Fox, IceClimber,Kirby, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe, Pit, Pikachu, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Ike,and Lucas

That is a total of twenty. 10 on the top row and than 10 on the bottom.

? OOOOO OOOOO ?

? OOOOO OOOOO ?

? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?

? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

-Secret Characters

Jigglypuff (C.lassic Mode Clear)

Luigi (Subspace Emissary)

Captain Falcon (In Subspace Emissary)

Ness(Beat C.lassic mode on Normal withLucas)

Wolf(Beat C.lassic mode on Normal withFox)

Zelgius (Beat C.lassic mode on Normal with Ike)

Cecil (In Subspace Emissary)

Ganondorf ( Clear Event 120: Triforce Gathering 2)

Plusleand Minun (Clear Event 80: Opposites Attack)

Sylux ( Clear Event 46: Hunting Season)

JaJaMaru-Kun, (Subspace Emissary Clear ),

Marth(BeatSmash Off Survival for the first time)

Lucario (Collect 100 trophies)

9-Volt (See every Assist Trophy)

Mr. GameN Watch (Complete Target Test with everystartingcharacter)

Geno (Subspace Emissary)

Dixie Kong (Subspace Emissary)

Mii Man/Girl [Caped version of your Chosen Mii] (Share with 30 friends over Wi-Fi/ or play 300 VS matches)

Snake (Subspace Emissary)

Knuckles (Clear C.lassic Mode with Sonic on Hard)

Krystal (Subspace Emissary)

Bowser Jr. (I cannot remember this one for the life of me! Neither does Ace...)

Tamagon (Clear All Events)

Ray (Unlock every character,thancomplete ****c mode with each )

Phew. There is your list, 44 in all. I'm taking questions on this list on MSN and on the forum.
Although I'd like this to be true:

http://mmw.ytmnd.com/

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
The best rumors come from gamefaqs. Examples include

nin10doughs leaked info
Chaos Zero's leaked info
everyone elses posts

I dont believe anyone saw this yet either:

Fake of course, but very well done. Rumors sprouted about the US version going gold becuase of this...

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thats a really dumb reason for it to be fake.
. . .Not really. The Devil AT is from his game and he has a reg smash icon and not a seres one. One COULD agrue that thats because Sakurai didn't want to give away a WTF PC but most of his other chars sound way out there as well so I wouldn't care to define it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, here's another one. And, oh boy, supposedly it's the same guy who committed the Prima roster "leak". :rolleyes:

RoxasXIII said:
Veterans:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Ness
Mr. Game and Watch
Ganondorf
Young Link (Cel-Shaded)
Jigglypuff
Shiek (Transformation)
Luigi
Falco
Marth

Newcomers:

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus (Transformation)
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Wolf
Krystal
Ridley
Lucario
Isaac
Micaiah
Geno
Ashley
K. Rool
Takamaru
Kawashima
A. C. Villager
Bowser Jr.

Some Assist Trophies I know of:

Knuckles (Sonic series)
Tails (Sonic series)
Felix (Golden Sun series)
Kalas (Baten Katios series)
Claus (Earthbound series)
Sigurd (Fire Emblem series)
Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
Black Shadow (F-Zero series)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo series)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong series)
Bulborb (Pikmin series)
Slippy (Star Fox series)
Midna (Legend of Zelda series)
Tingle (Legend of Zelda series)
Lolo and Lala (Kirby series)
Sylux (Metroid series)
Lip (Panel de Pon series)
Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus series)
Chain Chomp (Mario series)

Information was obtained from a friend that works at Nintendo. I was sworn to secrecy, so I feel really bad about letting everyone know....nobody will probably believe me anyways, but here it is. I know nothing else as of right now.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40555115

Take it as you will, it's most likely not true though. :ohwell:

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
We also shan't forget that NOA had a field day with Tamagon's trophy in Melee. I mean, the thing carries crosses and pushes Bibles into fiery pits. That's TOTALLY savory for a Western audience :laugh:

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Oh god ****it, the titles are even worse than Mic's thread titles.

Also, the last rumor didn't really go that way. As far as I know he only said Wolf was in Brawl, but he never stated he was playable.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
No Devil World Icon

*facepalm*
Well, if it means anything, Petey had the Smash icon instead of the Mario icon...

But who really knows here. I for one will laugh myself into a heartattack if this is real, since so many people are throwing the FAKEs around.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
No Devil World Icon

*facepalm*
Its not possible for things on a website to be CHANGED?

Don't be dense.

I'm not saying all of this is true, but i'm not saying its false either, and just because a character you didn't want to be in is in, doesn't make it false.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
*facepalm*
Dammit Sakurai, why did you have to go on vacation!

@new leak: God dammit, another one. Quick, find Serebii!

*fetal position in corner*

Top Bottom