• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Denti

Smash Master
i would like MK to be banned... :)

I feel that if MK became banned brawl would become a more balanced place requiring more skill and every character would have a disadvantage. Thing is, the MU isn't impossible, But I don't believe that is what should keep him from being banned. All it leaves brawl's players with is to become one of the legendary players than can beat almost ever MK, become MK, or quit brawl. lol

MK reminds me of garchomp before he got banned. he is just so border lined of being banned that no one is going to ban him until a few years after the game is released because everyone starts to use him just to get the win.

Frio

Smash Champion
I've only been in this thread for about a week and I'm already tired of the color disscussion >_>

Turazrok

Smash Master
i would like MK to be banned... :)

I feel that if MK became banned brawl would become a more balanced place requiring more skill and every character would have a disadvantage. Thing is, the MU isn't impossible, But I don't believe that is what should keep him from being banned. All it leaves brawl's players with is to become one of the legendary players than can beat almost ever MK, become MK, or quit brawl. lol

MK reminds me of garchomp before he got banned. he is just so border lined of being banned that no one is going to ban him until a few years after the game is released because everyone starts to use him just to get the win.
No johns.
10 no johns.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Pink boots vs blue gloves is an argument that will rage until the end of time, just like the montagues and the capulets (had romeo and juliet not killed themselves 3 days after meeting each other)

^man that was such a terrible story honestly, why do we still read it, if it was written and released today for the first time no one would ever watch it

Turazrok

Smash Master
Except Pink boots wouldn't die and would instead run off with the much cooler negrolimar.

no homo

Turazrok

Smash Master
Wait, dabuz said something negative about blue gloves? reverse troll?

RichBrown

Smash Master
Lets just be real for a second

Lets say you have to dress up for a costume party

Would you rather wear a costume that involves pink boots

blue gloves

or a ****ING NEGRO HELMET

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
These color disputes are getting boring. I'm switching to the least talked-about color, ORIGINALIMAR.
But that sounds stupid. I'll just call him Olly.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Pretty sure it's origimar. Olly is a skateboard trick. Actually spelled Ollie. And while I'm sure Olimar is a pro at skateboarding, that is not the point.

Fino

Smash Master
inb4lock =D

blue gloves

I wear pink shoes to every tournament... and occasionally in the real world, for kicks.

O.o? where's your niigger helmet?

Noa.

Smash Master
The people I lost to were good, so I'm not too disappointed to who I lost to. The Icies especially, and he's been taking a couple of PRs down. The Yoshi main always manages to get top 8 somehow. Honestly, both probably do really well because of matchup experience. There was never a good solid Icies main to play, and who the hell learns the yoshi matchup?

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
D'aw, yeah. That'll happen.. Maybe you can get help about those two characters. XD I never fight Yoshies either. But there are a few here.. TT__TT I wish I could help with Ice Climbers but I'd more than likely go Game and Watch against them. I guess the best idea would be don't get grab but grab them back? Oh, I do remember playing icies once with Olimar. When I grab Nana I normally just throw her the opposite direction of Popo, but I'm sure that's kind of common knowledge. XD; Sorries if I'm not helpful. D:

RichBrown

Smash Master
ICs are kinda hard actually

I'm gonna teach you all something, pay close attention because whenever I share knowledge it's usually something really ****ing awesome

ok here we go

RICHBROWN PRESENTS: Proper mashing out of a grab

Thanks to Sean for teaching me this.

Ok, so lets say you hold up on your control stick, then move your control stick in the 8 cardinal directions. That equals 8 inputs. However, if you are holding your control stick to the far left, then move it to the right, that is 4 inputs. Which means that moving it left to right then back to left is 8 inputs. That's considerably faster than swinging your control stick in a circle over and over.

While doing that, mash your shield button, special attack button, standard attack button, and jump button (which is usually L, B, A, and X respectively, but I know some people have weird controls). Hitting any other button will not register as an input at all. So assuming you have a completely standard control scheme, Z, R, Y, Dpad, and the Cstick will not help you at all.

This should enable you to break out of IC grabs almost instantly up to 20% or so. Even after that you can still break out pretty fast if they have to wait that half second for nana to catch up.

Fino

Smash Master
While doing that, mash your shield button, special attack button, standard attack button, and jump button (which is usually L, B, A, and X respectively, but I know some people have weird controls). Hitting any other button will not register as an input at all. So assuming you have a completely standard control scheme, Z, R, Y, Dpad, and the Cstick will not help you at all.
A common way I'm starting to see people mash is to take their right hand from standard controller grip, and using your 4 fingers to mash the buttons....

whether or not this gives you more inputs, I dunno... just something I noticed (since looking at the screen isn't something you really need to do while CGing... anyone who's played lain has prolly seen that :p)

RichBrown

Smash Master
Having super fast piano hands helps soooo much with the IC matchup...

I think it's about even. That one dairy product on AiB says otherwise but I disagree haha

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@Noa, the yoshi matchup is really weird if you haven't played it before. You kind of have to play it like you play the luigi matchup, actually, but with a lot more uair, a lot more shielding, and lots and lots of whistle. Stay grounded, don't throw pikmin much from the air and fsmash a lot. Also DO NOT let your landings be at all predictable, yoshis will **** you for that, their pivot grab may not be as good as ours, but it destroys our landings. If there's anything specific about the matchup you don't understand though i may be able to help.

Also I just wanted to say Fino got banned AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO IT (<3 Fino). It's apparently a permanent infraction so I don't know if he'll be coming back.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Time to catch up, I leave the thread for 2 ays and it grew so many pages lol

I've only been in this thread for about a week and I'm already tired of the color disscussion >_>
I <3 u and have nothing against u but drop Olimar please. The more ppl use him, the more it hurts my feelings :(

Pink boots vs blue gloves is an argument that will rage until the end of time, just like the montagues and the capulets (had romeo and juliet not killed themselves 3 days after meeting each other)

^man that was such a terrible story honestly, why do we still read it, if it was written and released today for the first time no one would ever watch it
The worst part is that in teams, there is no negromar so I have to chose pink boots or blue gloves (or I can just go rojomar and **** with ystem :p

blue gloves

Negro Helmet +1

ICs are kinda hard actually

I'm gonna teach you all something, pay close attention because whenever I share knowledge it's usually something really ****ing awesome

ok here we go

RICHBROWN PRESENTS: Proper mashing out of a grab

Thanks to Sean for teaching me this.

Ok, so lets say you hold up on your control stick, then move your control stick in the 8 cardinal directions. That equals 8 inputs. However, if you are holding your control stick to the far left, then move it to the right, that is 4 inputs. Which means that moving it left to right then back to left is 8 inputs. That's considerably faster than swinging your control stick in a circle over and over.

This should enable you to break out of IC grabs almost instantly up to 20% or so. Even after that you can still break out pretty fast if they have to wait that half second for nana to catch up.
Pressing R would help because u can press it in the window u arent pressing L (like alternating). That makes sense yo u?

Hrm! O: What is the IC v Oli matchup exactly, anyhow?
@Noa, the yoshi matchup is really weird if you haven't played it before. You kind of have to play it like you play the luigi matchup, actually, but with a lot more uair, a lot more shielding, and lots and lots of whistle. Stay grounded, don't throw pikmin much from the air and fsmash a lot. Also DO NOT let your landings be at all predictable, yoshis will **** you for that, their pivot grab may not be as good as ours, but it destroys our landings. If there's anything specific about the matchup you don't understand though i may be able to help.

Also I just wanted to say Fino got banned AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO IT (<3 Fino). It's apparently a permanent infraction so I don't know if he'll be coming back.
Didn't think Yoshi could be so hard. I have a wolf problem :(. He outcamps us just by spamming b because he has a melee attack to his spam so it knocks off pikmin. With that gone, what else do i do?

Dayum, ppl getting banned sucks, peeps gotta chill with infractions :p

On another note:

So I might buy a PS3 mainly because of Soul Calibur 4. If anyone thinks I should get a 360, let me know. So far my decision came down to the following...

1. Soul Calibur 4 tourneys prefer PS3 > 360. With that info, I gather that ore ppl play SC4 on PSN versus on Xbox Live.
  2. PS3 has built in wifi while I have to buy a 60$+ wireless router finder thingy for the Xbox 360.
  3. PS3 has free online (although apparently that might change. 1 guy told me they will start charging, told some other ppl and 1 other guy said that maybe only for the premium service, and a third guy said he wasn't surprised because of the price drop, so they have to make some sort of scam for money).

Noa.

Smash Master
Thanks Rich and Hilt. I actually was infinited twice in our two matches, but this couldve made it only once or maybe even zero.

Yoshi is weird. And ugly. Thanks for telling me to play it like the Luigi matchup whn I don't know the Luigi matchup. XD

Fino.

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm new to this place and probably suck at this game. I eagerly await to meat you all :3

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Thanks for telling me to play it like the Luigi matchup whn I don't know the Luigi matchup. XD
haha didn't think about that. Luigi's going to come in at you with a nair, or a tornado, or a dair, or something with tons and tons of priority that's hard to keep out. He's basically just going to come in at your shield with it. And when he gets in, well, he has options to trump your up close options (mainly his jab). Yoshi's kind of the same way. His nair and bair are good for him getting in, while his jab and tilts trump our options up close. So you're going to want to focus on keeping that situation from happening. Don't sit in your shield thinking you can do something after he hits it because you can't unless you catch him off guard, but the odds are against you. He also beats out all of our aerial options as well, so we're a little bit vulnerable when in the air. However, all of his kills (aerial and grounded) are simple and easy to see coming, so whistling them really isn't a problem. He's also really floaty so if you whistle through an aerial OR just whistle until you get past him, you can get to the ground safely without him being able to keep pressure on you. I had two good yoshi's in my pool at pound so i had to figure out how to play the matchup on the spot @_@ i also played poltergust and pride. I don't hate the matchup like i use to lol.

But now I'm just rambling, I really should be sleeping... anyways, in all honesty the matchup really isn't that bad for us. Solid 60:40 our favor, imo. But if you don't know the matchup you're gonna get ****ed.

Same goes for wolf, it's a pretty even matchup, but the first few wolves you face are gonna be hard as hell, trust me @_@. It's kind of like the diddy matchup for me, where it's not really bad for us, just weird and complicated. And I'm not really the person to ask about it either :/ probably one of the matchups i know the least about.

edit: oh my god fino XD

Noa.

Smash Master
It was close with me too. We went 2-0, but both times he was on last stock high percent. Above 100 percent. I just have trouble killing him.

Fearless also lost to him. Polt must be good against Olimar.

Zori

Smash Champion
Oli boards are active I think it's time for me to write a post longer then 2 sentences

Turazrok

Smash Master
I have a 360. It is pretty fun. But BB and SF4 come on both, so it was personal preference,

Top Bottom