• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You don't like my sense of style...?

Brb, crying my heart out.

:phone:

Noa.

Smash Master
Ok so yesterday I was in a tourney and I got 9th out of 18th which was pretty bad. Compare this to my two previous placings of 9th out of 25 and 13th out of 37. I place consistently at this level but I want to do better.

There are like three levels of skill here in FL. First there's the top with the PR, then the average players, and then the bad players. Most of us are average players, and I'm one of them. Who places where depends solely on who's playing who and is a combination of matchups and who's playing on point at that tournament. Like sometimes someone will place 5th one weekend and 33rd the next. It happens lol to all of us average players.

Any advice for getting better? I plan on just playing more and building up enough matchup experience to prevent a random matchup from knocking me out of tournament. Playing more is the best way but what do you guys suggest? lol

Noa.

Smash Master
Ice Climbers: Slight Disadvantage
• Don’t get grabbed and use fsmash and grab a lot. Grab more though.
• If you blizzard is ****** you you need to be more aggressive. If they are constantly getting chaingrabs on you, you need to be campier. Find the perfect balance.
• Stuff for gimping Icies recovery. When they use upB use fsmash, since the long lasting hitbox will hit popo on his way up. When they recover low with squall jump into it, which prevents them from rising. You will be hit upward so it’s safe. When Icies recover from stage height use fmash, usmash, and toss when they are offstage. When Icies are recovering high, just destroy them. It’s not hard to damage them when they are offstage.
• Don’t get grabbed. Don’t roll.
• To mash out of grabs properly: Ok, so lets say you hold up on your control stick, then move your control stick in the 8 cardinal directions. That equals 8 inputs. However, if you are holding your control stick to the far left, then move it to the right, that is 4 inputs. Which means that moving it left to right then back to left is 8 inputs. That's considerably faster than swinging your control stick in a circle over and over. While doing that, mash your shield button, special attack button, standard attack button, and jump button (which is usually L, B, A, and X respectively, but I know some people have weird controls). Hitting any other button will not register as an input at all. So assuming you have a completely standard control scheme, Z, R, Y, Dpad, and the Cstick will not help you at all. This should enable you to break out of IC grabs almost instantly up to 20% or so. Even after that you can still break out pretty fast if they have to wait that half second for nana to catch up.
• Keep Icies separated. It’s easy with bthrow and fthrow. Use dsmash to attack both of them if they are both meeting you at the same time. Otherwise just fmash and throw nana and popo away from each other.
• You can somewhat effectively usmash through a desync blizzard in between popo and nana.

Copypasta notes

STEM

Smash Cadet
For mashing, I usually put d-pad to attack and I mash out faster.
Usually left index pointing analog in one direction. Left thumb mashing d pad. Right thumb mashing c stick in circle, and right index mashing a b x and y at once (use side of finger)
I also mash the shoulder buttons with my middle finger.
I never knew c stick r y and z don't help mash though...that doesn't seem right

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
See tofer? He was under the assumption that Soku was a bullet hell.

Music is great. Characters are cute. Mechanics are fun.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
YouTube?

Come on. Just because you're gay doesn't mean you don't have to do work.

Top Bottom