• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Roy Social - R O Y B O Y Z

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Since when is expressing my opinion considered "trolling". Just because I don't like fire marth doesnt mean that I'm some " troll".
I have freedom of speech and until the mods say **** off you can't do ****.
Going into a character social and slamming both the characer and enticing the regular users who LIKE the character is generally what we in the biz call trolling or flaming. If you don't like Roy, fine, that's your opinion and you're entitled to that. However, the people here DO like Roy, and want to go about their business without someone yelling at them for liking a "clone". My advice to you is simple friend, take your hatred out of this thread as complaining about Roy or any character being in the game here will achieve nothing but disdain from the people around you, and go to a thread of something you do enjoy and post postive things about that.

And for the record, a Senator is a type of mod.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Will you guys please stop being nice and let stupid people destroy themselves?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Since when is expressing my opinion considered "trolling". Just because I don't like fire marth doesnt mean that I'm some " troll".
Um

That is a mod

I don't think you actually read the Terms and Agreements you agreed to upon signing up.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Sorry mods that my picture got a bit... too big.
And thanks for the edit.

Now back to actual content, how do you guys handle mirror matches?

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
And thanks for the edit.

I do a lot of fake outs. Some fox-trot dd, empty jumps, wavebounce Neutral B, SH Fair DJ, and just go for a grab combo. At 50% I start with falling Uair as a punish and try to get a string off of that. If I get them off stage I go as hard as possible edgeguarding. If they do something punishable above 70 near the ledge they know they just lost their stock to FSmash. I keep the pressure on to avoid it on me. I haven't seen many defensive Roys, but a SH Fair into DED usually gets them to try the shield grab and eat the combo.

I've only really played FG Roys tho, so I'm not sure how well it can apply to anyone of higher skill levels...

What's the worst Fire emblem game of your choice?

Gaiden was my least favorite.
Gaiden is one of my borderline favorites, but not a favorite or even in the top half of games for me. Lots of great ideas and I liked the traditional RPG elements but needing grinding and unit/class imbalance hurt it a lot. I've seen people talk down to it lately and I don't get what makes it worse than FE1.

My least favorite might be FE1/11. The gap between good and bad units is way too large, I didn't find it as interesting in general as other FE games, and I always opt for FE12 instead now. I may play Shadow Dragon at some point. I really liked the reclass system and how it helped fix weaker stats or cap more stats, and the armory. I didn't like how WiFi was required for Elysian Whips on Saturdays only when my DS wasn't compatible with my WiFi while other Nintendo systems are, when I was busy at work to begin with, and the whole needing to kill many units to access gaiden chapter deals. I can Action Replay them in now, and tinker with other things, so whatevs. FE12 to me is a huge improvement to me and it fixes all of my gripes with FE1/11 besides 11's ugly battle animation assets carrying over, it brings over FE11's positive changes as a remake, it adds a lot of cool features, it's balanced better in general, and overall improves on FE3.

I'm actually being serious. He has like what, 3 attacks that are somewhat different? We already have marth himself and a marth without a tipper, why do we need a fire marth? As I been saying, we could have saved that character slot for anybody. Ridley, king k rool, cranky Kong, Dixie kong, hell even ice climbers would make me happy. But what do we get, we get fire marth for the price of 5 dollars... We have 2 donkey Kong characters and a WHOOPING 5 FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS??That's a big sign telling you that Nintendo ****ed up. Why do you guys like Roy anyways? He was inferior to marth in melee and the tier list shows for it. If everyone was pissing there pants for Roy, why didn't he show up more on the competitve scene whilst the superior version of him was top tier?
Captain Falcon, R.O.B, Miis, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, Villager, Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, and Pac-Man have even less to go off of than Roy, and they aren't clones or semi-clones, featuring fully unique movesets. Roy has a sword spritesheet, critical sword spritesheet, Sword of Seals spritesheet, Sword of Seals critical spritesheet, Sword of Seals ranged spritesheet, Light Brand spritesheet, Runesword spritesheet, an Awakening cameo as a Mercenary, and a manga appearance where he's featured in several major fights. That's way more than 3 attacks, which are all completely different from the other swordsmen of Smash and their source material. Even then, there's characters with more than their counterparts (Ganon to Falcon, Lucas to Ness) who ended up clones anyways. How much a character originally had is never relevant to their final moveset besides neat tributes to their own games.

You completely ignored my point from earlier about Roy's development time, how he didn't steal any slots, how his slot was highly justified, how Lucina doesn't detract from his inclusion, etc. The game isn't made specificially for you, you're mad about Marth, Roy, and Lucina yet you suggest multiple kongs who have even less to go off of than Roy, and I included info on how FE deserves five reps from the site. Give me info that justifies why Donkey Kong deserves more characters, and tell Donkey Kong to come back when his series has two handheld games with unique stories that surpass Pokemon's versions in unique version releases, and a third opath coming, a huge Wii U crossover title, and a TCG on the horizon. FE's history is about as rich as DK's. DK may have been more iconic in the past but Smash is here to celebrate Nintendo's history, and like it or not, without Roy, we wouldn't have Fire Emblem overseas, games past #5 meaning no Ike/Lucina/Robin, at least in Smash.

You're not forced to buy Roy, why are you complaining about his price when he was Luigified/decloned and given a slick new design, with a lot of tributes to his original game via palettes, along with much more power than in Melee? I suggest that you do buy him to see what he's like now and how you're getting worked up over nothing. I know you'll be able to warm up to him over time. All of these features were greatly emphasized in the Direct officially revealing him and his eshop page. Roy has been showing up on plenty of random streams and tournaments in the last few years, too. Marth's tournament popularity doesn't detract from Roy in any way. Maybe some of us don't care about tournaments. Maybe some of us do but love using Roy, his playstyle, or just messing around with him. Maybe the tournament scene is a minority of the millions of people who play Smash, even less than 1% of its total community, while casual players are the vast majority. Maybe we like the specific charm in his design, Jun Fukuyama's legendary voice, or the time we spent battling with him. Maybe some of us found him more effective for ourselves than Marth. Maybe we're looking at how good he is in Project M or other Brawl mods rather than Melee, and we have faith in him after seeing how much clones and general game balance has improved over several games. Maybe we like him for being one of the greatest heroes in the Fire Emblem series, and the greatest hero of the Elibe continent, plus his contribution to the series. Yep, his tier position in Melee totally takes away from all of that. Besides, you're stuck way too much in the past. A lot of people credit Roy now as a lot better than Marth, and Marth has been put down for his viability since the invitational. Many of us knew Roy's specific attributes would transfer well to Brawl and Smash 4, proven by Brawl mods and how he is currently. Try out Roy now and tell me what you think compared to the other swordsmen.

If you want Ridley, the kongs, Ice Climbers, etc... go onto their support threads and either join the ones they have, or make at least one if a character you support doesn't have one. Being angry about Roy's inclusion isn't going to remove him from the game or help characters you want get in, why are you wasting your time here? Also, why are you getting mad about his own attacks when some of the characters you suggested have even less to go off of?

Pretty glad your post has a warning received, btw.

What people loved? Yeah I'm sure that EVERYONE loved Roy from melee when he was practically bottom tier. Also, I'm not being " salty" I'm just stating my opinion. And regarding you disdaining my boy cranky. When melee came out did you have a fire EMBLEM game? Probably not. Cranky Kong kicks *** with his cane and he'd make a perfect edition to smash. Stop playing with ***** *** fire marth and go play actual marth. At least that marth doesnt cost 6 dollars. Ike was great because his moveset was original and didn't feel like a clone. Which Roy do you prefer? The one that plays like marth or the badass koopaling with the pimp *** glasses? Yeah, thought so.
We had five Fire Emblems and one in development before Melee that had a lot of its development featured and hyped, Roy was part of that. Again, refer to my point about players who go by tiers being less than a 1% minority. Roy kicks more butt with his sword and accomplishes so much more than Cranky in his own story. Stop suggesting Old Kong and go play Actual Kong. At least that Kong's in the game. @Diddy Kong was great because his moveset was original and didn't feel like a clone. Also, at least Roy has moves of his own and his own playstyle, your precious koopaling is nothing more than an alternate costume. Maybe we like a variation on Marth's playstyle that feels nothing like him in practice and was decloned/Luigified over the years, maybe that's why we're on the Roy boards and not the Bowser Jr. boards. Roy Koopa is nothing more than a miniboss and alt costume, Roy is a legendary hero who has accomplished much more. At least our Roy is good enough to be a clone and not just an alt costume in the first place.

Finally, please curb your toxic/elitist attitude here on telling us who to play and let us enjoy the characters that Nintendo has brought to us. You're not forced to enjoy everyone on the roster or every included DLC character, but you have no place in acting like this. Everybody here is clearly irritated with your behavior. It would be much appreciated. It goes beyond much more than having an opinion, it's general attitude and behavior, how you treat Roy fans on their own boards, how you refuse to listen to reasoning or the opinions of others yet get mad when people at least acknowledge your opinion, and how you are telling fans who love or enjoy a character that their character is a wasted slot or someone they should drop on their own turf.

"Freedom of speech" isn't just a card you can flash as a "get out of jail free" deal every time you screw up, and Smashboards has its own rules that you are violating which "Free Speech" does not allow you to bend when you want it to. People think you are "trolling" because of what I mentioned above, not simply your opinions. We could care less if you don't like a character as long as you don't express it in the worst ways possible, in the worst possible place, with misconceptions and lies left and right, while not giving equal rights to our own opinions that you act entitled to on yours and yours alone.

Here's Freedom of Speech in a more intelligent perspective, to make you understand more of what it truly is:

The comic @ LordTakeo LordTakeo is also perfect and more brief, I suggest looking at both examples. The video is above, the comic is in the quoted post directly below this line.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/free_speech.png

Also, how you guys doing?
Grab jab grab is truly amazing.

edited, no censor dodging, pl0x
Grab->jab/tilt->Grab from Roy is the best. Also, did you catch all this, @ M Meta1 ?

And thanks for the edit.

I learn how to combo Roy and escape Roy's combos, how to exploit Roy's weaknesses like bad recovery with Roy's good aerials and such, good strings and paths to follow from each action on other Roys, safe things to beat options on other Roys in terms of recovery, ledge getups, etc., and mostly how to get inside my opponent's head and cover habits from there. Know what Roy wants while not letting your opponent know what Roy wants. Roy is the all-knowing and powerful one, not his playerbase.

Marth number 3, LOL
I sense rustled jimmies
Marth #2 ;) Lucina is #3.

I don't consider Roy a Marth anymore, in all honesty, outside of Double-Edge Dance in a similar sense to Lucario and Mewtwo both having similar sphere projectiles but different movesets, attributes, and playstyles.

Last edited:

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
And thanks for the edit.

I play more defensive in Roy dittos and usually try my best to avoid getting caught in Dthrow combos, Uair strings and offstage gimps but I don't like Roy dittos at all so I usually switch to Marth against other Roy players.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Going into a character social and slamming both the characer and enticing the regular users who LIKE the character is generally what we in the biz call trolling or flaming. If you don't like Roy, fine, that's your opinion and you're entitled to that. However, the people here DO like Roy, and want to go about their business without someone yelling at them for liking a "clone". My advice to you is simple friend, take your hatred out of this thread as complaining about Roy or any character being in the game here will achieve nothing but disdain from the people around you, and go to a thread of something you do enjoy and post postive things about that.

And for the record, a Senator is a type of mod.
if you don't mind me asking who is the mod for the roy boards?
What's the worst Fire emblem game of your choice?

Gaiden was my least favorite.
Ya I'd prob say gaiden as well

zkaka3000

Smash Cadet
behold my amazing photoshop skills

Our boy has returned and is ready to set the world on ph1r3
i'm late to the party

Gonna quote this from "Why do YOU like Roy?" from @ MrGame&Rock MrGame&Rock : :)

Because playing as Roy now feels like reuniting with an old friend. Im about to get super sappy here.

Picture eight year old me, with my Gamecube playing Smash Bros Melee. I've cleared classic mode with a few characters to get a feel for them, and then I unlock Marth, followed by Roy. Maybe it was his red hair, or the fire, or his voice, but I was immediately drawn to him. I beat Classic and Adventure with him and read his trophies. Turns out his flaming sword is strongest in the center, closer to him. That made sense to me. I would be rewarded for getting up close. He felt great to play as and was just so cool. He felt so powerful.

Then the Brawl hype came, and I patiently waited for Roy to be revealed. Never happened. I was heartbroken and couldn't find a character to replace him with. Marth didn't quite fit, neither did Ike... The closest thing I got was Balanced Brawl's Ganondorf and Ike. I had fun with Brawl but I would sometimes go back to Melee to play as my boi. Eventually I kind of accepted his removal, especially with me learning about tier lists and competitive Melee and Brawl. I thought it was good that I had grown out of Roy, even if it was by force. I never did download Project M for myself, but sure enough when I did play it I used Roy and fell back into the old habits of 8-year old me.

By the time Smash 4 was coming out I wasn't expecting to see Roy again. Chrom, I thought, might be an upgraded version of him. We didn't get Chrom. Robin hyped me for a bit but then I played as him. ha. For a while I used Little Mac, who also fights up close, then Lucina with the red alt because that was the closest the game had to Roy. And I never liked the tipper mechanic. Then I switched to Bowser and Diddy for APEX, then a combo of Ganon/Ness/Yoshi. I still use Ness and Yoshi, and Ganon w/ customs.

Then we got the leaks. I was stunned but also kind of confused. Wasn't Roy old news? Then came the direct and the trailer and he looked so hype. Then I bought him and started playing as him and seeing how the rest of the community felt. He's good. Real good. He was different from Marth now, and still had everything that made him fun in Melee but with so much more. When I played this Roy, I didn't fall back into old habits like with PM. I could work with this. Now Roy is looking to be my new main and I'm so happy.

So why do I like Roy? Because, though I didn't know it before, now that I have him again it feels like he grew up with me. He came into his own as a character while I'm still working to come into my own as a person, as a 19 year old college student. He became viable when I started realizing that mattered. He adopted his own style as I'm doing the same, while still keeping what made him great. For this reason I feel like Roy and I are somehow linked, and this headcanon/story actually kind of inspires me. Yeah I'm weird I know.

I actually feel this way about two other characters: the Pokemon Blaziken and Azumarill. Both were close to my heart when I was little and both have, through new moves, abilities, and mechanics, grown stronger over the years as I've grown up, so I have the same feeling like they grew up with me. Am I making any sense?

TL;DR: Loved Roy as a kid in Melee, and he got good around the same time I did
Just got off Smashladder with our boy, after a 5 month absence there. I was worried about choking due to not playing with people who either aren't around me or in a call with me, and from not taking the game seriously for a while until Roy came out. My neglect and being a bit nervous has caused me to get dumpstered a fair share of times earlier this week, but I did pretty well today and I think I'm getting back in the swing of things! =)

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
Dude, I'm honored. Thanks! :D
Dude I feel the exact same way towards Blaziken. I loved that flaming karate chicken ever since I saw him destroy Ash in the anime, and I've never been disappointed. It's kinda funny, because I often have to explain that I don't love Blaziken simply because he's a powerful Pokemon. I personally voted for him in the Smash Ballot, yeah I know, it's probably not going to happen, but I can at least try, and he'd be a great fit for the series. On the bright side, I'm sure they can get Alfonzo to sub in for him at Kalos Pokemon League.

Last edited:

Meta1

Smash Rookie
Gaiden is one of my borderline favorites, but not a favorite or even in the top half of games for me. Lots of great ideas and I liked the traditional RPG elements but needing grinding and unit/class imbalance hurt it a lot. I've seen people talk down to it lately and I don't get what makes it worse than FE1.

My least favorite might be FE1/11. The gap between good and bad units is way too large, I didn't find it as interesting in general as other FE games, and I always opt for FE12 instead now. I may play Shadow Dragon at some point. I really liked the reclass system and how it helped fix weaker stats or cap more stats, and the armory. I didn't like how WiFi was required for Elysian Whips on Saturdays only when my DS wasn't compatible with my WiFi while other Nintendo systems are, when I was busy at work to begin with, and the whole needing to kill many units to access gaiden chapter deals. I can Action Replay them in now, and tinker with other things, so whatevs. FE12 to me is a huge improvement to me and it fixes all of my gripes with FE1/11 besides 11's ugly battle animation assets carrying over, it brings over FE11's positive changes as a remake, it adds a lot of cool features, it's balanced better in general, and overall improves on FE3.

Captain Falcon, R.O.B, Miis, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, Villager, Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, and Pac-Man have even less to go off of than Roy, and they aren't clones or semi-clones, featuring fully unique movesets. Roy has a sword spritesheet, critical sword spritesheet, Sword of Seals spritesheet, Sword of Seals critical spritesheet, Sword of Seals ranged spritesheet, Light Brand spritesheet, Runesword spritesheet, an Awakening cameo as a Mercenary, and a manga appearance where he's featured in several major fights. That's way more than 3 attacks, which are all completely different from the other swordsmen of Smash and their source material. Even then, there's characters with more than their counterparts (Ganon to Falcon, Lucas to Ness) who ended up clones anyways. How much a character originally had is never relevant to their final moveset besides neat tributes to their own games.

You completely ignored my point from earlier about Roy's development time, how he didn't steal any slots, how his slot was highly justified, how Lucina doesn't detract from his inclusion, etc. The game isn't made specificially for you, you're mad about Marth, Roy, and Lucina yet you suggest multiple kongs who have even less to go off of than Roy, and I included info on how FE deserves five reps from the site. Give me info that justifies why Donkey Kong deserves more characters, and tell Donkey Kong to come back when his series has two handheld games with unique stories that surpass Pokemon's versions in unique version releases, and a third opath coming, a huge Wii U crossover title, and a TCG on the horizon. FE's history is about as rich as DK's. DK may have been more iconic in the past but Smash is here to celebrate Nintendo's history, and like it or not, without Roy, we wouldn't have Fire Emblem overseas, games past #5 meaning no Ike/Lucina/Robin, at least in Smash.

You're not forced to buy Roy, why are you complaining about his price when he was Luigified/decloned and given a slick new design, with a lot of tributes to his original game via palettes, along with much more power than in Melee? I suggest that you do buy him to see what he's like now and how you're getting worked up over nothing. I know you'll be able to warm up to him over time. All of these features were greatly emphasized in the Direct officially revealing him and his eshop page. Roy has been showing up on plenty of random streams and tournaments in the last few years, too. Marth's tournament popularity doesn't detract from Roy in any way. Maybe some of us don't care about tournaments. Maybe some of us do but love using Roy, his playstyle, or just messing around with him. Maybe the tournament scene is a minority of the millions of people who play Smash, even less than 1% of its total community, while casual players are the vast majority. Maybe we like the specific charm in his design, Jun Fukuyama's legendary voice, or the time we spent battling with him. Maybe some of us found him more effective for ourselves than Marth. Maybe we're looking at how good he is in Project M or other Brawl mods rather than Melee, and we have faith in him after seeing how much clones and general game balance has improved over several games. Maybe we like him for being one of the greatest heroes in the Fire Emblem series, and the greatest hero of the Elibe continent, plus his contribution to the series. Yep, his tier position in Melee totally takes away from all of that. Besides, you're stuck way too much in the past. A lot of people credit Roy now as a lot better than Marth, and Marth has been put down for his viability since the invitational. Many of us knew Roy's specific attributes would transfer well to Brawl and Smash 4, proven by Brawl mods and how he is currently. Try out Roy now and tell me what you think compared to the other swordsmen.

If you want Ridley, the kongs, Ice Climbers, etc... go onto their support threads and either join the ones they have, or make at least one if a character you support doesn't have one. Being angry about Roy's inclusion isn't going to remove him from the game or help characters you want get in, why are you wasting your time here? Also, why are you getting mad about his own attacks when some of the characters you suggested have even less to go off of?

Pretty glad your post has a warning received, btw.

We had five Fire Emblems and one in development before Melee that had a lot of its development featured and hyped, Roy was part of that. Again, refer to my point about players who go by tiers being less than a 1% minority. Roy kicks more butt with his sword and accomplishes so much more than Cranky in his own story. Stop suggesting Old Kong and go play Actual Kong. At least that Kong's in the game. @Diddy Kong was great because his moveset was original and didn't feel like a clone. Also, at least Roy has moves of his own and his own playstyle, your precious koopaling is nothing more than an alternate costume. Maybe we like a variation on Marth's playstyle that feels nothing like him in practice and was decloned/Luigified over the years, maybe that's why we're on the Roy boards and not the Bowser Jr. boards. Roy Koopa is nothing more than a miniboss and alt costume, Roy is a legendary hero who has accomplished much more. At least our Roy is good enough to be a clone and not just an alt costume in the first place.

Finally, please curb your toxic/elitist attitude here on telling us who to play and let us enjoy the characters that Nintendo has brought to us. You're not forced to enjoy everyone on the roster or every included DLC character, but you have no place in acting like this. Everybody here is clearly irritated with your behavior. It would be much appreciated. It goes beyond much more than having an opinion, it's general attitude and behavior, how you treat Roy fans on their own boards, how you refuse to listen to reasoning or the opinions of others yet get mad when people at least acknowledge your opinion, and how you are telling fans who love or enjoy a character that their character is a wasted slot or someone they should drop on their own turf.

"Freedom of speech" isn't just a card you can flash as a "get out of jail free" deal every time you screw up, and Smashboards has its own rules that you are violating which "Free Speech" does not allow you to bend when you want it to. People think you are "trolling" because of what I mentioned above, not simply your opinions. We could care less if you don't like a character as long as you don't express it in the worst ways possible, in the worst possible place, with misconceptions and lies left and right, while not giving equal rights to our own opinions that you act entitled to on yours and yours alone.

Here's Freedom of Speech in a more intelligent perspective, to make you understand more of what it truly is:

The comic @ LordTakeo LordTakeo is also perfect and more brief, I suggest looking at both examples. The video is above, the comic is in the quoted post directly below this line.

Grab->jab/tilt->Grab from Roy is the best. Also, did you catch all this, @ M Meta1 ?

I learn how to combo Roy and escape Roy's combos, how to exploit Roy's weaknesses like bad recovery with Roy's good aerials and such, good strings and paths to follow from each action on other Roys, safe things to beat options on other Roys in terms of recovery, ledge getups, etc., and mostly how to get inside my opponent's head and cover habits from there. Know what Roy wants while not letting your opponent know what Roy wants. Roy is the all-knowing and powerful one, not his playerbase.

Marth #2 ;) Lucina is #3.

I don't consider Roy a Marth anymore, in all honesty, outside of Double-Edge Dance in a similar sense to Lucario and Mewtwo both having similar sphere projectiles but different movesets, attributes, and playstyles.
Did you really just take like 2 hours writing a reply about something that was originally intended to be a joke? Man we have some sensitive people here XD

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Dude I feel the exact same way towards Blaziken. I loved that flaming karate chicken ever since I saw him destroy Ash in the anime, and I've never been disappointed. It's kinda funny, because I often have to explain that I don't love Blaziken simply because he's a powerful Pokemon. I personally voted for him in the Smash Ballot, yeah I know, it's probably not going to happen, but I can at least try, and he'd be a great fit for the series. On the bright side, I'm sure they can get Alfonzo to sub in for him at Kalos Pokemon League.
Blaziken would be my favourite pokemon ever, but I don't think it makes it ingame... Fighting fire chicken already is overshadowed by fighting aura spammer, and fire breathing flying dragon.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Blaziken would be my favourite pokemon ever, but I don't think it makes it ingame... Fighting fire chicken already is overshadowed by fighting aura spammer, and fire breathing flying dragon.
I voted for him in the Smash Ballot too, not just because he's my favorite Pokemon, but because Speed Boost would provide for a really interesting mechanic that no other character has. I even made a thread outlining how it would work and giving a possible moveset. *coughshamelessplugcough*
http://smashboards.com/threads/speed-boost-has-potential-blaziken-for-sm4sh.391892/

Eureka

Smash Ace
I voted for him in the Smash Ballot too, not just because he's my favorite Pokemon, but because Speed Boost would provide for a really interesting mechanic that no other character has. I even made a thread outlining how it would work and giving a possible moveset. *coughshamelessplugcough*
http://smashboards.com/threads/speed-boost-has-potential-blaziken-for-sm4sh.391892/
An interesting idea, but I don't know how I feel about on regular Blaziken. My thoughts on how speed boost would be implemented would be in Blaziken's Mega Evolution, so as the final smash went on Blaziken would gradually speed up until he was zipping around the screen crazy quick, but only for a short time until the Mega Evolution ended.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Banter isnt in your vocabulary is it?
Eh, pretty much everyone can just spout their opinion, and just claim it was just joking/trolling.
Not really something new in the wide array of the internet.

Aaanyways, the idea around blaziken isn't bad, since normal blaziken can have speed boost aswell. (hidden ability)

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
An interesting idea, but I don't know how I feel about on regular Blaziken. My thoughts on how speed boost would be implemented would be in Blaziken's Mega Evolution, so as the final smash went on Blaziken would gradually speed up until he was zipping around the screen crazy quick, but only for a short time until the Mega Evolution ended.
The thing though is that without Speed Boost Blaziken may as well be a Captain Falcon alt. It's the mechanic that would make Blaziken actually interesting as a fighter. You start out the match really slow like most heavies, and if you play well your speed gradually increases to a respectable level, and if you're REALLY good and have really mastered the character you can get Blaziken to a point where he's the fastest in the game in every area, but that would be nearly impossible and you often would go back to square one if you die. Something that interesting shouldn't be reserved for a final smash

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
The thing though is that without Speed Boost Blaziken may as well be a Captain Falcon alt. It's the mechanic that would make Blaziken actually interesting as a fighter. You start out the match really slow like most heavies, and if you play well your speed gradually increases to a respectable level, and if you're REALLY good and have really mastered the character you can get Blaziken to a point where he's the fastest in the game in every area, but that would be nearly impossible and you often would go back to square one if you die. Something that interesting shouldn't be reserved for a final smash
WHy not make it lucario aura like, and increase it's speed with dmg%?
Doesn't have to be your dmg, but I think if enemy % counts, it is a bit unfair.

Did you really just take like 2 hours writing a reply about something that was originally intended to be a joke? Man we have some sensitive people here XD
xddddd i was just le mastur trolling it was satire only because I was proven wrong u butthurt bro??? XD

No. You don't just say whatever outlandish things you want and then claim it's a "joke" or"satire" when you're proven wrong or held to anything.

Watch this.

About 20 minutes is how long I took. Most of that was from plenty of experience dealing with typical Roy haters, so it came naturally. I'm pretty fast ;)

I can come up with some cool stuff involving a buff/debuff playstyle to make Blaziken stand out.

Speed Boost, High Jump Kick, Fire Punch, Focus Energy, Double Kick, Flame Charge, Bulk Up, Blaze Kick, Brave Bird, and Sky Uppercut are pretty sick moves plus one ability that aren't used by any Pokemon in Smash iirc, and Blaziken learns them by level. That's not even dipping into TM's/HM's, which they learn so many of.

Specials:
Neutral: Bulk Up: Blaziken spends several seconds focusing in order to boost its damage output and reduce damage taken.
Side: Flame Charge: A short, quick flame dash that hits for a bit of damage and functions as a relatively movement tool. Blaziken's general speed increases, making the cap for Speed Boost easier to achieve.
Down: Overheat: Blaziken unleashes a short-ranged explosion that hits incredibly hard. It eats other attacks/projectiles, at the cost of either removing Blaziken's buffs, or lowering his general stats if he doesn't have any buffs.
Up: Sky Uppercut: Just fuse Blazer and Shoryuken and call it a day lol.

Over time, Blaziken's movement speed will increase due to its Speed Boost ability being a passive part of its moveset. His buffs can stack, but they don't last too long besides his Flame Charge and passive Speed Boost. Overheat kills all buffs, it hurts Blaziken's stats even more if they have no buffs active. Speed Boost doesn't count for Overheat, btw, but it does suck up any Speed Boost gained.

You start at square one on buffs/debuffs if you lose a stock.

Final Smash is obviously Mega Evolution.

I wish I read this first. I blame my flawed forum browsing style. Oh well, cool buff/debuff ideas for the thread.

Banter isnt in your vocabulary is it?
There is a big difference from banter and being a ****. The video in this post also covers this.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Speed Boost, High Jump Kick, Fire Punch, Focus Energy, Double Kick, Flame Charge, Bulk Up, Blaze Kick, Brave Bird, and Sky Uppercut are pretty sick moves plus one ability that aren't used by any Pokemon in Smash iirc, and Blaziken learns them by level. That's not even dipping into TM's/HM's, which they learn so many of.

Specials:
Neutral: Bulk Up: Blaziken spends several seconds focusing in order to boost its damage output and reduce damage taken.
Side: Flame Charge: A short, quick flame dash that hits for a bit of damage and functions as a relatively movement tool. Blaziken's general speed increases, making the cap for Speed Boost easier to achieve.
Down: Overheat: Blaziken unleashes a short-ranged explosion that hits incredibly hard. It eats other attacks/projectiles, at the cost of either removing Blaziken's buffs, or lowering his general stats if he doesn't have any buffs.

Over time, Blaziken's movement speed will increase due to its Speed Boost ability being a passive part of its moveset. His buffs can stack, but they don't last too long besides his Flame Charge and passive Speed Boost. Overheat kills all buffs, it hurts Blaziken's stats even more if they have no buffs active. Speed Boost doesn't count for Overheat, btw, but it does suck up any Speed Boost gained.

Meh... Neutral seems boringish. I would rather make it more exciting, maybe make the bulk up an chargeable attack, that is just a statbuff, and not really an attack. The longer you are able to charge, the faster (maybe lighter too?) you will become. With a limit ofc.
Down b should simply resett stuff, otherwise it seems brilliant. Slap superarmor on it, and it's sold.
Otherwise, I'd agree.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Blaziken is a pretty awesome Pokemon. And more fire is always welcomed!

:026: is my fave Pokemon, though most people probably see that rat as a Pikachu clone if it were to be in Smash (such a pipe dream...). I'm hoping Raichu will be in Pokken Tournament, but I think Blaziken has a good chance if it's popularity and that early teaser is anything to go by.

Last edited:
Meh... Neutral seems boringish. I would rather make it more exciting, maybe make the bulk up an chargeable attack, that is just a statbuff, and not really an attack. The longer you are able to charge, the faster (maybe lighter too?) you will become. With a limit ofc.
Down b should simply resett stuff, otherwise it seems brilliant. Slap superarmor on it, and it's sold.
Otherwise, I'd agree.
I should have brought over my old Roy idea for a down-b.

One where he coats his flame in sword by holding down-b, and the longer it's held, the more its power and duration as an enchantment lasts. It can be charged for a maximum of five seconds. It ticks down after Roy ends the cooldown on it, and you can press b to eat the whole enchantment up to add that many seconds of charge to Flare Blade.

However, you can save it for later. When Roy is at five seconds, he will flash white, indicating that he can't add more charge, similar to Ike's Quick Draw. This lets him choose to store a full charge or wait out an enemy's spawn invincibility more. By simply letting go of B, your enchantment starts right away. By flicking down on the analog stick from a neutral position, you can save it for later until tapping down-b again to activate, and holding it will continue its charge.

Let's say you charge for three seconds. Once cooldown ends, you can buffer Flare Blade to start immediately after. You can either unleash right away for three seconds of Flare Blade instantly, or hold for two more seconds for a full charge.

Using Flare Blade at all, with the charge saved or not, will instantly unleash it. Sorta like a less versatile KO Punch. It makes full Flare Blade more viable.

It's both a high-utility enchantment and a DK/Samus-like way to store a Flare Blade at the same time. It was one of my ideas to make Roy more viable before we saw the new Roy.

:026: is my fave Pokemon, though most people probably see that rat as a Pikachu clone if it were to be in Smash (such a pipe dream...). I'm hoping Raichu will be in Pokken Tournament, but I think Blaziken has a good chance if it's popularity and that early teaser is anything to go by.
I know the pain. My favorites are the :155::156::157: line and Golett/Golurk.

:155::156::157: are overshadowed by Blaziken requests, the lack of a grass starter, already having Charizard, and because even they can't create more ph1r3 than Roy.

Golett/Golurk? Good luck getting them past the Zoroark requests by any stretch.

:007::002::006:
I would rather see them bring back Squirtle and Ivysaur as Pokemon, to give many people their mains or someone they enjoyed playing back without the Pokemon Trainer mechanics. They'd be quick transfers from Brawl. The biggest key decision in Pokemon is choosing a starter, and we have nobody for those who often picked the grass type. The Pokemon of Smash are either fully-evolved or in an awkward basic+mid-evolution state (starting as basics, gaining baby pokemon pre-evolutions that need breeding items, still counting as basics in the TCG) so Squirtle would be a definitive basic rep, and Ivysaur would be a definitive mid-evoution rep. I felt they did well at filling in Pokemon's key elements. Pichu did as well by being our only baby Pokemon and only Johto fighter. I also liked Squirtle/Ivysaur's movesets and unique playstyles.

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Well, at least according to the smash ballot last time I read it, the most popular request for a new Pokemon is Sceptile, for being a grass starter, and sadly Blaziken and all the other Pokemon are pretty far behind. That's why I'm so hyped for Pokken, because in that game we could get Blaziken vs Golurk vs whoever else. If only it played like Smash...

Though I gotta say, @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 I like your buff/debuff idea for Blaziken. it feels kinda like my idea crossed with Shulk, (though IK you wrote that without having my thread as a reference haha) and would be a really neat take on the character.

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman

If we're talking about the Pokemon we want in Smash I would kill to get my main symbol Mudkip in, but I have no clue how they could make him unique/if the popularity is even there. Like, imagine shiny Mudkip in Smash Bros. I think I would pass out if that ever happened. I hope that's over-exagguration really I do

http://the-nerdy-reindeer.tumblr.com/post/122376523774/roys-our-boy-amirite-bonus

Lmao this comic.

--

Just got 376 on Endless Smash with Roy! My previous record was 122 or so. I've been trying to break all my top records with Roy and so far it's a success, almost all of them are finished.

--

Fire Emblem: Fates has a really nice soundtrack from what's been popping up on my subscription feed. Here's a few songs I really enjoy:

The soundtrack overall has a strong Awakening feel meshed with a strong tradtional Japanese feel. Needless to say, I'm really digging it!

A nice throwback to Marth's games.

Possibly my favorite Awakening track came back. I like how it's a tribute to the series theme in some parts while being a powerful song of its own.

--

Well, at least according to the smash ballot last time I read it, the most popular request for a new Pokemon is Sceptile, for being a grass starter, and sadly Blaziken and all the other Pokemon are pretty far behind. That's why I'm so hyped for Pokken, because in that game we could get Blaziken vs Golurk vs whoever else. If only it played like Smash...

Though I gotta say, @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 I like your buff/debuff idea for Blaziken. it feels kinda like my idea crossed with Shulk, (though IK you wrote that without having my thread as a reference haha) and would be a really neat take on the character.
I'm okay with Sceptile, Treecko was my first Hoenn starter and I named it "Treedragon." I looked way into the future on that one. It seems like Smash has suddenly decided to choose my own first starter for each gen (Charmander in Red/FireRed/Red Rescue Team, Greninja, the ballot with Sceptile in Ruby & Omega Ruby). At this point I might have people pay me to pick a starter so it gets in Smash, haha.

If we're talking about the Pokemon we want in Smash I would kill to get my main symbol Mudkip in, but I have no clue how they could make him unique/if the popularity is even there. Like, imagine shiny Mudkip in Smash Bros. I think I would pass out if that ever happened. I hope that's over-exagguration really I do
They'll know to add Mudkip. They heard we liek them. :awesome:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
FE14's soundtrack is pretty amazing, from what little I've heard so far (trying not to listen to too much of it; I want some surprises when the game comes out !). My favourites so far are the title screen and "brave" versions of Aqua's song (the former is so relaxing, and the latter sounds like perfect final chapter music - I'll be disappointed if it isn't), and Marth's battle theme.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, I've only heard select few songs (trying not to spoil all the songs as well lol), but I think they're very good. FE games usually have amazing soundtracks, and FE14 is probably no different.

Here's a question: who do you think is a good partner for Roy? No, I'm not talking about in FE, but in Smash. If I ever do doubles I'm probably going to tag my sister along and her best character is Yoshi, though I do wonder if there's some characters that complement Roy well.

Yeah, I've only heard select few songs (trying not to spoil all the songs as well lol), but I think they're very good. FE games usually have amazing soundtracks, and FE14 is probably no different.

Here's a question: who do you think is a good partner for Roy? No, I'm not talking about in FE, but in Smash. If I ever do doubles I'm probably going to tag my sister along and her best character is Yoshi, though I do wonder if there's some characters that complement Roy well.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD

Roy gets in close and is aggressive, so maybe matching that with a more defensive character or one that operates better from a range would work out in your favor. Yoshi actually seems like a great choice to partner with Roy!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bruh although Miis are legal, we have to use the default A Mii, so we can't use our own. It's just not the same. Miis lose their meaning... playing Smash loses its meaning... life loses its meaning. :(

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Another Roy of course.

Meta1

Smash Rookie
xddddd i was just le mastur trolling it was satire only because I was proven wrong u butthurt bro??? XD

No. You don't just say whatever outlandish things you want and then claim it's a "joke" or"satire" when you're proven wrong or held to anything.

Watch this.

About 20 minutes is how long I took. Most of that was from plenty of experience dealing with typical Roy haters, so it came naturally. I'm pretty fast ;)

I can come up with some cool stuff involving a buff/debuff playstyle to make Blaziken stand out.

Specials:

I wish I read this first. I blame my flawed forum browsing style. Oh well, cool buff/debuff ideas for the thread.

There is a big difference from banter and being a ****. The video in this post also covers this.
Hey if you don't believe me then that's fine with me. And btw, why would I ever get butthurt over a video game? Do you seriously think I'm that pathetic?

Bruh although Miis are legal, we have to use the default A Mii, so we can't use our own. It's just not the same. Miis lose their meaning... playing Smash loses its meaning... life loses its meaning. :(
Tell them you'll kick their ***es if they don't make all of their legal gunners EXE. I've heard you on skype, you sound like you could take out at least 4 or 5 of them before the others retreat. Giving you time to manually change all the gunners before police arrive. Do this in some sort of disguise so that you're still able to go to their regular tournaments when they recover from the trauma.

Another Roy of course.
The only thing that can beat a skilled Roy is another skilled Roy.

Hey hey...
This would be perfect for a splash art card. It's worth a shot, I may go for it later.

Top Bottom