• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
This time I got it:

On the veterans category, I think that all characters but Ike, Lucario, Wolf, PKMN Trainer, and Lucas should stay. Ike, Lucario, and PKMN Trainer can all be exchanged for newer characters. FE: Ike can be switched with Krom, Lucario with Zoroark, and Kanto PKMN Trainer with a Generation 6 PKMN Trainer. Wolf and Lucas are just clones of other characters so easily take them out. Even though I like all characters above its the right thing to do.

For Newcomers I would like to see:
1.Bowser JR (mario)
2.Baby Mario Bros (Yoshi)
3.Cave Story's Main Character
4.Avatar (from Fire Emblem Awakening)
5.Shulk (xenoblade chronicles)
6.Tetra (legend of Zelda)
7.Pitto (kid Icarus)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*Say he doesn't need to talk if he has a picture.*
*Doesn't have picture*

Upload it onto a website. (Facebook works pretty well actually) and then link it over.

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
*Say he doesn't need to talk if he has a picture.*
*Doesn't have picture*

Upload it onto a website. (Facebook works pretty well actually) and then link it over.
Fail :) Check out my newer version of the post! Now I don't need a picture since I can use words!

:phone:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't like getting rid of any characters.

They were all meant to come back from Melee and the only reason they didn't was because of time restraints.

Cave Story isn't Nintendo. You know that right?

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
Didn't mean to come off as rude dude.

Now hurry and upload it. Now I'm curious. :p
I know, I laugh at my own mistakes. :)

[/QUOTE]Cave Story isn't Nintendo. You know that right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but who knows? He might have a shot since his game was remade on the 3DS. :seuss:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This time I got it:

On the veterans category, I think that all characters but Ike, Lucario, Wolf, PKMN Trainer, and Lucas should stay. Ike, Lucario, and PKMN Trainer can all be exchanged for newer characters. FE: Ike can be switched with Krom, Lucario with Zoroark, and Kanto PKMN Trainer with a Generation 6 PKMN Trainer. Wolf and Lucas are just clones of other characters so easily take them out. Even though I like all characters above its the right thing to do.

For Newcomers I would like to see:
1.Bowser JR (mario)
2.Baby Mario Bros (Yoshi)
3.Cave Story's Main Character
4.Avatar (from Fire Emblem Awakening)
5.Shulk (xenoblade chronicles)
6.Tetra (legend of Zelda)
7.Pitto (kid Icarus)
Wolf and Lucas are NOT clones... Lucas is a semiclone, ok, but not wolf.
I highly doubt the Kanto trainer will go, Charizard is #1 most famous pokémon. And we know nothing about gen 6 starter's evolutions.

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
Wolf and Lucas are NOT clones... Lucas is a semiclone, ok, but not wolf.
I highly doubt the Kanto trainer will go, Charizard is #1 most famous pokémon. And we know nothing about gen 6 starter's evolutions.

Yeah, I get what you are saying...:ohwell: Lucas uses a stick, a snake and p.k. freeze, while Ness uses a baseball bat, a yo-yo, and P.K. flash.

That lasT part was a joke. :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, I get what you are saying...:ohwell: Lucas uses a stick, a snake and p.k. freeze, while Ness uses a baseball bat, a yo-yo, and P.K. flash.

That lasT part was a joke. :)

There are more, like the aerials, the dash attack, the PK freeze.

D

Deleted member

I want to comprise a list of what has been said so far in regards to Namco characters.

So far, I have

1. Tekken:
+ Harada mentions that fans have been asking more about Tekken than any other of NB's series.
- Harada is unsure that Smash fans would want a Tekken character, so he is holding off on the idea. For now, at least.

2. Tales:
+ Higuchi and Yoshizumi both would love to see a Tales character.
- Neither seem to be willing to confront Sakurai on the issue, reportedly wanting fans to raise support.

3. Pac-Man:
+ Fellow SmashBoarder ChronoBound mentioned that Pac-Man is rising in overall Japanese popularity as a character in Smash as a definite 3rd Party choice (after Mega Man).
- Nothing official from NB mentions ANYTHING about Pac-Man thus far.

Anything more to add to this list?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You might want to add which Tekken and Tales characters are getting talked about. Though that may be difficult.

D

Deleted member

You might want to add which Tekken and Tales characters are getting talked about. Though that may be difficult.
None have been specified with the exception that Yoshizumi states that only Tales characters that have been on Nintendo consoles are elligible, while giving Symphonia and Abyss as examples of games with elligible characters.

peeup

Smash Lord
I think the biggest candidates for a Tekken rep are Heihachi, Yoshimitsu, and Kuma.

Heihachi represents the series as a whole the best, being in every game (I think) and having already been in a crossover (PSABR).
Yoshimitsu can be considered both a Tekken character and a Soul Calibur character, so that's a bonus. He's also been in most of the games, if not all of them.
Kuma has been in many of the games, and would probably fit in best in the Smash universe, what with him being a TV loving bear. Roger/Alex would give Kuma competition, but Kuma is more important to Tekken history, if I'm correct.

I foresee Heihachi being the most viable Tekken rep, with Kuma being an AT.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
None have been specified with the exception that Yoshizumi states that only Tales characters that have been on Nintendo consoles are elligible, while giving Symphonia and Abyss as examples of games with elligible characters.
So Lloyd becomes even more likely. Sweet.

I think the biggest candidates for a Tekken rep are Heihachi, Yoshimitsu, and Kuma.

Heihachi represents the series as a whole the best, being in every game (I think) and having already been in a crossover (PSABR).
Yoshimitsu can be considered both a Tekken character and a Soul Calibur character, so that's a bonus. He's also been in most of the games, if not all of them.
Kuma has been in many of the games, and would probably fit in best in the Smash universe, what with him being a TV loving bear. Roger/Alex would give Kuma competition, but Kuma is more important to Tekken history, if I'm correct.

I foresee Heihachi being the most viable Tekken rep, with Kuma being an AT.
I would also add Jin to the list but I agree with everything else you said.

D

Deleted member

If I had to make a guess on to which Tales characters were among the most likely based on my limited knowledge of the series, my guesses would be Cless, Lloyd, and Luke, due to all being main characters on Nintendo system games that were released outside Japan (given Sakurai's statement on Japan-exclusive popularity, ones not released outside Japan are not counted. This also means Tales of Graces isn't counted here, as while it was released on the Wii initially, it was only in Japan. Only the PS3 port made it out. So while Asbel is technically elligible, he's not particularly likely when compared to the other three I mentioned.)

Graces as well
I was only stating what has been actually said. While Graces would be another example, it is not one of the ones Yoshizumi had given.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
3. Pac-Man:
+ Fellow SmashBoarder ChronoBound mentioned that Pac-Man is rising in overall Japanese popularity as a character in Smash as a definite 3rd Party choice (after Mega Man).
- Nothing official from NB mentions ANYTHING about Pac-Man thus far.
You forgot to mention that Japanese Tales fans are raising a big stink that Pac-Man should not be in it, and that it should be a Tales character instead (the problem is that there is no consensus on who the Tales character should be, they just think that Tales should represent Namco instead of Pac-Man).

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
I don't know what Tales character is most known in Japan and America, but here in Europe it's definitely Lloyd Irving. I would like to see him in.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe it's just me, but Tekken and Tales seem like such RELATIVELY obscure series to be represented with characters in Smash. For Tekken, at least, I can't say I was familiar with any of its characters until very recently. The ones that do seem to get the most exposure look too boring to be in Smash anyhow. For Tales, I dunno, always assumed it was more of a cult status thing. Just my impression of them.

Which is why outside of Pac-Man, Namco really doesn't seem like it has anything substantial to offer. And even Pac-Man is... a bit laughable. He's still just piggybacking on a success story three decades old.

Could be I've just been blind to Namco this whole time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't like getting rid of any characters.

They were all meant to come back from Melee and the only reason they didn't was because of time restraints.

Cave Story isn't Nintendo. You know that right?
Sonic isn't Nintendo. Snake isn't Nintendo. Mega Man isn't Nintendo. The more you know! :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be honest, none of Namco's characters really appeal to me for smash. But if they HAVE to have a character in smash then okay I guess. Still want my Layton... =/

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Tekken seems out of place for smash.
A Tales character doesn't sound too unlikly.
Overall i'd say Pacman has the best chance.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
My Namco pick is still Yoshimitsu. The devs could even create a look for him just for smash bros. If if came down to picking a look already introduced I would either go for his Tekken 1 look or Soul Calibur II look. I would love to see his move set implemented in smash bros. Also the event match idea I had called "Decisive Battle!", where you play Link against Yoshimitsu in a Coin Battle. If you win then you'll have to fight him again in order to unlock him.

My other choice if we ever got a Tekken rep(and I don't know how people feel about him) would be Kuma. Now bear with me:awesome:, Kuma would a funny addition and he can have an alt color as Panda. That way we get TWO Namco reps, gotta kill two birds with one bear stone.

I have another reason why Kuma could be added but it's a bad reason that would not help his chances in any way. Since Heihachi is in Playstation All Stars we should get his bodyguard(plus alt Panda) as a Namco rep!;)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
They actually made snake work in smash i just dont see how they can do the same thing with tekken characters but i guess anything can happen
I'd like to know why you think a Tekken character couldn't work in smash bros.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
any character can work, so long as there's creativity in making the moveset.

besides, it's a TEKKEN character we're talking about here... you know, a character from a fighting game (just like Smash). they have many moves from several games to borrow from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom