• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I see. I think Yoshimitsu's(or any Tekken/SC or other fighting game character in general) move set can easily can be broken down gameplay wise. Specials, A moves, grabs etc.

If not for some reason Sakurai pretty much ends up making it work.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Any argument about a Tekken character not working in a Smash-like environment, let alone Heihachi, is dispelled by Playstation All-Stars. If he can work there, he can work in Smash.

@Chrono: Alright, I'll add that to my list once I make a topic about it or post it in the Namco Discussion Thread.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And knowing is half the battle :awesome:
After watching the show for quite some time, I found the other half of the battle!

Apparently it's red and blue lasers.

And Tekken characters would work just fine as would any Tales character and Pacman...

What do you guys think about a Street Fighter character?

peeup

Smash Lord
Why are so many people so hesitant to put a Tekken character in because "it wouldn't fit"? Snake is an obvious standout in the cast, but I'd say he works pretty well. Heihachi is comfortable standing alongside a rapping dog soooo... Why not Smash? Granted I'd rather have Yoshimitsu as he represents more of Namco than does Heihachi. Plus I think he's translate better to smash.

Up Special: Helicopter with his sword
Down Special: Meditate-he regains health while he stays meditating. Hitting special again will leave the stance, hitting A will have him do kangaroo kick, smashing forwards would do the spinning thing, smashing up would do the flippy slice, and pushing the stick to either side would teleport him that direction.
Side Special: Slap You Silly
Neutral Special: Harikari- he stabs his sword through himself, dealing damage to himself but also huge damage/knockback to someone immediately behind him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Harakiri would go too far though...

Otherwise, I see no problem.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Neutral Special: Harikari- he stabs his sword through himself, dealing damage to himself but also huge damage/knockback to someone immediately behind him.
I can't IMAGINE that in a game where there is Mario.

peeup

Smash Lord
Hahaha ok yeah I just didn't know what else to do, and that was always my favorite move. Maybe instead it would be that thing where he goes all pogo stick on his sword.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, doesn't he have another move where he FAKES a sepukku? (As in, he makes the motion, but he quickly reveals that it was really inbetween his arm and his side to show he's ok.)

peeup

Smash Lord
To be fair, doesn't he have another move where he FAKES a sepukku? (As in, he makes the motion, but he quickly reveals that it was really inbetween his arm and his side to show he's ok.)
Don't remember that, but I also haven't played Tekken in a while. But hey, if Snake can blow himself up with grenades/mines, why can't Yoshimitsu stab himself with his sword? Good ol' cartoon violence.

D

Deleted member

Well to be fair, being blown up by your own devices was frequent and done in comical fashion in cartoons.

Methods of suicide like seppuku is a whole different story.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tom and Jerry also has guns, knives, and alcohol but I don't see those all being added to Smash soon

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Today was the shipping date for solo copies of Awakening which will actually be available tomorrow.

The blue limited edition bundle is available for purchase today.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a wacky and crazy thought!

What if... we somehow got an Arc Rise Fantasia character?

Inb4 I never heard of that!

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Sonic pretty much needs to be more like his Project M incarnation, and everything will be fine.
Agreed. Also, now I think that Olimar's purple Pikmin should have knock back, but latch on, while rock Pikmin have more knock back but don't latch on like purples did in brawl.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Olimar is already sooo broken though. I definitely think he should be lighter so he's KO'd even easier. He's quite heavy for being such a tiny dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom