• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That sucks....

Anyone know why that happened?
My guess is that:
Since Sony/SCEA needs to be smart about where their money goes; I'm thinking they were not getting enough of a return that warranted them to continue supporting that franchise.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
My guess is that:
Since Sony/SCEA needs to be smart about where their money goes; I'm thinking they were not getting enough of a return that warranted them to continue supporting that franchise.
Isn't the main complaint about vita is that there aren't any good 1st party titles

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I'm seriously concerned about the industrial standings of Nintendo. Like...theyre slowly but surely deciding. And that sucks...I've worshipped them since I was old enough to say it.

:phone:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Isn't the main complaint about vita is that there aren't any good 1st party titles
PSABR wasn't a bad game it's just that. A) The marketing wasn't as good as it could have been. B) The characters/roster was not as compelling as say Smash Bros. or MvC to attract enough fans. C) Sony's consumer base isn't interested in these type of games. If they were the game would be doing GoW,Uncharted or at least inFamous numbers on the charts.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm seriously concerned about the industrial standings of Nintendo. Like...theyre slowly but surely deciding. And that sucks...I've worshipped them since I was old enough to say it.

How so? They seem pretty successful to me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
PSABR wasn't a bad game it's just that. A) The marketing wasn't as good as it could have been. B) The characters/roster was not as compelling as say Smash Bros. or MvC to attract enough fans. C) Sony's consumer base isn't interested in these type of games. If they were the game would be doing GoW,Uncharted or at least inFamous numbers on the charts.
It's a shame. Smash really needed some sort of competition. Though the only game I could potentially see pulling Smash numbers is a Sega All-Stars fighter.

Apparently Superbot will still be around. Maybe they'll work on MS All-Stars. :troll:

Edit: Sony Santa Monica will be making all future DLC for PSA. Maybe they'll be the ones who continue the franchise?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
It's a shame. Smash really needed some sort of competition. Though the only game I could potentially see pulling Smash numbers is a Sega All-Stars fighter.
yeah Sega could maybe do it. but it has even less to work with imo as their franchises arent nearly as big as Nintendos except Sonic of course. i think it could easily suffer from the same problem PSABR faced in that the overall cast wouldn't be that exciting (and would consist mostly of Sonic characters). Namco Bandai could easily pull it off since it overall has a lot more successful franchises than Sega does. i'd say their on par with Capcom in notable franchises so they could do it just the same. i really want the crossover Party fighter genre to expand man

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Apparently Superbot will still be around. Maybe they'll work on MS All-Stars. :troll:

Edit: Sony Santa Monica will be making all future DLC for PSA. Maybe they'll be the ones who continue the franchise?
Yes. Santa Monica will continue PSASBR. Thats if they get past doing God of War.

Anyway, a Sega fighter would be fun. I could definitely see it happening at a latter date.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If there was ever a Sega fighting game, I'd totally main Vyse from Skies of Arcadia. Though I'd be okay with such a game in general, as long as it's not clogged to the brim with Sonic characters.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
yeah Sega could maybe do it. but it has even less to work with imo as their franchises arent nearly as big as Nintendos except Sonic of course. i think it could easily suffer from the same problem PSABR faced in that the overall cast wouldn't be that exciting (and would consist mostly of Sonic characters). Namco Bandai could easily pull it off since it overall has a lot more successful franchises than Sega does. i'd say their on par with Capcom in notable franchises so they could do it just the same. i really want the crossover Party fighter genre to expand man
You're forgetting a lot of other Sega characters like AiAi, Akira, Pai, Sarah Bryant, Ulala, etc.

D

Deleted member

Any chance to revive Vectorman in some way, I will take. Sega All-Stars Rumble? Hell yes.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
You're forgetting a lot of other Sega characters like AiAi, Akira, Pai, Sarah Bryant, Ulala, etc.
im not forgetting them. i acknowledge all those characters among others like those from Jet Set Radio, Sakura Wars, Billy Hatcher and Alex Kidd . im just saying they aren't nearly as popular as even Nintendo's B list series.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I wonder if Sonic would continue to be in Smash if a Sega All-Stars was made. If he was, I think it would be appropriate for Mario to be in the Nintendo ports of SAS.

@Peacock
Those would be a must! Alex Kidd and somebody from Golder Axe should be in as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this. That would be the perfect genre for Sega to explore if they are having another Sega Super Stars/Sega All Stars game by 2014. :cool:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

So it would have a lot of Sonic characters. However, it has a crap ton of other characters and it could even have a Gun Star Heroes rep.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Considering Nintendo said no to SEGA two times for the All-Stars Racing games, i think it's very likely that they'll say no. (First one was requesting Mario. The second game was requesting Kirby)
I want a source on that Kirby thing, since that's the first time I've heard of that.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Considering Nintendo said no to SEGA two times for the All-Stars Racing games, i think it's very likely that they'll say no. (First one was requesting Mario. The second game was requesting Kirby)
I would think a better choice(for the racing, at least) would be Captain Falcon, since sega has worked on F-Zero games before.

I think the reason they said no is because SAS Racing is the biggest competitor to Mario Kart.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would think a better choice(for the racing, at least) would be Captain Falco, since sega has worked on F-Zero games before.

I think the reason they said no is because SAS Racing is the biggest competitor to Mario Kart.
Probably. Kind of sad since i would love to see more Air Ride love.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I would think a better choice(for the racing, at least) would be Captain Falco, since sega has worked on F-Zero games before.

makes sense. Soul Calibur wasnt directly competing with anything Nintendo had so it wasnt a big deal for them.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That article claims Ristar and Vectorman would be playable, so it doesn't seem too reputable to me.
They were deconfirmed latter since that article was from back when the game was starting to get news.

It was also confirmed that they tried to make Ristar playable but they didn't like how his back looked....derp

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would much prefer to be controlling sonic just RUNNING while the other characters are in karts.

There are flying portions for a reason. That kind of keeps Sonic from running since there are obstacles he can't "RUN OVER" with out being horribly killed. (Rivers of lava, outer space, bottomless cliffs, the sky, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom