• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Dang it, Ryu Hayabusa in PSASB? Guess I got my wish half-granted. Wanted him in Smash, but maybe this'll do since he had no shot for Smash anyway.

Still not set on buying it, though. Doesn't look very good and like N3ON said, it's sad how much they're relying on third-party and this is the first game.

I hope for no more than four third-party characters in Smash 4 (Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, and maybe Slime would be my choices).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dang it, Ryu Hayabusa in PSASB? Guess I got my wish half-granted. Wanted him in Smash, but maybe this'll do since he had no shot for Smash anyway.
??? He was never confirmed for the game.

Also disagree with not having a shot for Smash, but it's nothing I'm going to get into an argument over.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix did state that he was leaked, which is basically unofficial confirmation if true.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Starphoenix did state that he was leaked, which is basically unofficial confirmation if true.
Took me a second to look up, seems to be a rumor more than anything as it's being based off a blurry and zoomed in picture. People could also be mixing him up with the already confirmed Raiden as well. We'll find out soon enough.

As a side note, having him in a Sony game would be a little weird. Has more in common with Nintendo and Microsoft systems. Certainly would be the best 3rd party yet for the game IMO though.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Took me a second to look up, seems to be a rumor more than anything as it's being based off a blurry and zoomed in picture. People could also be mixing him up with the already confirmed Raiden as well. We'll find out soon enough.

As a side note, having him in a Sony game would be a little weird. Has more in common with Nintendo and Microsoft systems. Certainly would be the best 3rd party yet for the game IMO though.
The character looks an awful lot like Ryu's pose on the NGII boxart (weird as that is, given how NGII was 360 exclusive and it was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 that the PS3 got), given how they seem to be holding a huge scythe like Ryu does. It's hard to say for certain given how distant the character is in the pic, but I can see why people are so confident it's him.

Honestly though, he doesn't feel any more of a weird choice to me than most of the 3rd party choices for that game so far, given how cross promotion the characters feel like NGR:R Raiden, DmC Dante and Big Daddy coming with a stage on Bioshock: Infinite. Even Heihachi, who while does have strong ties to Playstation, is using his look from TTT2 as opposed to his more recognizable look. Ryu himself might be somewhat of a cross promotion for DoA5, even if I imagine he'd more likely play like his Ninja Gaiden self in Playstation Allstars.

Really makes me glad Sakurai has already reassured us that he isn't going to go "willy-nilly" in adding 3rd party characters to Smash and is going to keep it more controlled. I'd really hate to see Smash take Playstation Allstars approach to adding 3rd party characters.

JPW

Smash Ace
I'm curious if Snake ends up in PASBR would Sakurai/Nintedno still let Konami get away with having him in Sm4sh too?

Or will they be like... "You Sold Out!"

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm curious if Snake ends up in PASBR would Sakurai/Nintedno still let Konami get away with having him in Sm4sh too?

All Smash negotiations are actually done on a schoolyard playground, and baseball cards are the main method of payment.

yani

Smash Lord

It wouldn't make a difference. If Sakurai wants Snake, he'll get Snake.

:phone:

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
I personally think that "leak" is false purely on the basis that PSASBR already has Heiachi and Tekken isn't even first party, and personally don't see them relying on that one series this early in the PSASBR lifetime. So don't read too much into that.

Also if anything I really hope Snake is just a cameo rather than a full fledged character I don't like the over reliance of third party characters that are already in PSASBR and as stated above this early they don't need multiple reps from one series especially a third party one.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Still not set on buying it, though. Doesn't look very good and like N3ON said, it's sad how much they're relying on third-party and this is the first game.
Sony has a much bigger history of relying on third parties than Nintendo has. Look at all of the "must-have" titles on any given Playstation(especially the first one) and the majority of them will likely be 3rd party. Still, some of the choices do seem odd(Big Daddy? Really?).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I personally think that "leak" is false purely on the basis that PSASBR already has Heiachi and Tekken isn't even first party, and personally don't see them relying on that one series this early in the PSASBR lifetime. So don't read too much into that.

Also if anything I really hope Snake is just a cameo rather than a full fledged character I don't like the over reliance of third party characters that are already in PSASBR and as stated above this early they don't need multiple reps from one series especially a third party one.
No, the leak is real. It came from the official PSABR website. Unfortunately somebody accidentally updated the website with far too much information that gave away Jin, Kazuya, Ryu H., Sackboy and Raiden. This isn't fake.

D

Deleted member

Sony has a much bigger history of relying on third parties than Nintendo has. Look at all of the "must-have" titles on any given Playstation(especially the first one) and the majority of them will likely be 3rd party. Still, some of the choices do seem odd(Big Daddy? Really?).
Not an excuse. The game doesn't need third-party at all, the fact they've added 2.5x as much as Sakurai did in Brawl within the first game is indeed sad.

Nintendo also had a wide variety of third-parties franchises. Sakurai doesn't go and add a bunch of them because it's so difficult to get them in (fitting and licensing) and it would ruin the nature of the game. Like it's doing with PSASB.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Not an excuse. The game doesn't need third-party at all, the fact they've added 2.5x as much as Sakurai did in Brawl within the first game is indeed sad.
To each their own, but I still say that Sony using more third parties makes sense. Maybe it's just that I'm not as familiar with Sony franchises, but it seems like Sony has relied on third parties more in the past than Nintendo has.

Also, I'm looking at the confirmed roster and there's only 4 third parties out of a confirmed roster of 20. Doesn't seem that bad.

I think what they're trying to do is have a large roster without using more than one character per franchise.

Edit: I didn't count the rumoured Jin/Kazuya/Ryu. If those are true, then yes the roster has a third party problem.

Genericmartini

Smash Cadet
No, the leak is real. It came from the official PSABR website. Unfortunately somebody accidentally updated the website with far too much information that gave away Jin, Kazuya, Ryu H., Sackboy and Raiden. This isn't fake.
I know of Sackboy, and Raiden because they were confirmed from the Beta leak. Though I think that Jin and Kazuya actually being on the roster is too ridiculous to be true; 3 characters from the same series seems really contemptible. Ryu I don't have a problem seeing he would fit the roster, but he isn't really a playstation all star as when he debuted he was on the Nintendo systems and then he would appear first on Xbox systems rather than Playstation similarly to Big Daddy. They're just grasping at straws now and frankly it's getting sad. If all this is true of course.

D

Deleted member

The definitions of a Nintendo All-Star and a Sony All-Star are not the same. 3rd Parties can easily be Sony All-Stars, as most of Sony's acclaimed games are from 3rd Parties.

JPW

Smash Ace
Snake would make sense being in PASBR. Considering Sony's long history with the Metal Gear Solid Series.

Also Sony doesn't really have that many characters to choose from like Nintendo does. They'll have to rely more on their 3rd party support.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

My prediction roster with fifty-three characters. 53 characters. Krystal is in it and we get six new franchises. Three misc. reps, two retro reps, and one third-party.

Plenty of new franchises are being given a chance here. I think we can have work together here.
This is one of the best rosters I've ever seen for Smash 4. Personally I would swap out a couple for Ray and Mike Jones but I would certainly be happy if this happened.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman

My prediction roster with fifty-three characters. 53 characters. Krystal is in it and we get six new franchises. Three misc. reps, two retro reps, and one third-party.

Plenty of new franchises are being given a chance here. I think we can have work together here.
Not too bad besides a few things. If it was 50 characters maximum who would u cut? I see Krystal leaving , especially if it is below 50.

Starfy. A protagonist of 5 games, last game released outside of Japan. Brings a unique playstyle. (Krystal could be unique) The Starfy series also brings the underwater element.

I'm gonna repeat what I've said before: Krystal with unique staff playstyle, awesome & Krystal with a recycled moveset, terrible waste of space. StarFox isn't a franchise that has had an impact on Nintendo either; I mean its last game was a remake.

6 games for 4 characters that share a similar playstyle, no thank u.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Regardless of what Sakurai thinks about the series, he could foresee that, if he adds too much Kid Icarus content, people will blast him for being biased. Because of this, I don't think he will include an excessive amount of material from Uprising.
And that's all I'll say on this topic, since I have nothing else to add.He definitely wants to avoid being too biased with Kirby, especially after all the criticism he got with Brawl for SSE. I'm not sure if his fear of bias would extend to other series, though. That said, I think with Saki and Palutena, Sakurai could justify potential bias for them, especially given that he didn't create these series and they both have good reasons to be in.
I don't think Sakurai cares about being biased or seeming like he is.

It's going to happen. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is not only one of the ciritically best received games for the Wii, as a stage it brings unique gameplay opportunities that Sakurai typically gravitates towards. Plus, being on the Wii versus the DS also makes implementation easier.

The only problem is much like Animal Crossing, Hanenbow and Pictochat it could wind up a stage without a corresponding character. The same is true of the future Xenoblade stage, but that is not quite on the same level as the inevitable Star Successor stage.

Trust me, I've studied this stuff to an unhealthy degree...
I'll have to disagree with everything you just said. There have only been three games in the entire series which were from a series and didn't have a character: Hanabow, Pictochat, and Smashville. Smashville happened because an AC characters couldn't. The series is has had massive success, so I don't think this helps S&P. Pictochat is more of a system stage. Hanabow is really the only thing you have going as far as adding a stage from a smaller game.

Sakurai wont add a Sin and Punishment stage "just 'cause" Unless the stage offers something REALLY big, like Hanabow did, than it wont happen. Sin and Punishment is not a big enough series to justify a stage on it's own. Rhythm Heaven is really the only series that might happen to and that's because it's a decent size series (it's bigger than Xenoblade and Sin and Punishment). I would not claim a stage if defiant without a character. The only reason I can do it with Rhythm Heaven is I'm voting on the series, not the stage.

Requesting pic

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think Sakurai cares about being biased or seeming like he is.
In the past (excluding Brawl) Sakurai has chosen to include content from other series over his own, whether it be due to him not wanting to be thought of as biased, modesty, or just because he though other content was more fitting than his. Plus in Brawl he got criticized for the abundance of Kirby content, Kirby character prominence, and a Kirby-feel to lots of the game.

If he had never done so previously, I would agree with you that it seems unlikely that Sakurai would care about seeming biased about the amount of his creations in the game, but I think there is a chance he might not want to represent Kirby and KI that excessively in SSB4.

Requesting pic
[COLLAPSE="Leaked PSASBR pics"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'll have to disagree with everything you just said. There have only been three games in the entire series which were from a series and didn't have a character: Hanabow, Pictochat, and Smashville. Smashville happened because an AC characters couldn't. The series is has had massive success, so I don't think this helps S&P. Pictochat is more of a system stage. Hanabow is really the only thing you have going as far as adding a stage from a smaller game.
You're arguing out of absence. Just because something has not happened does not mean it can not. Given how many things

Sakurai wont add a Sin and Punishment stage "just 'cause" Unless the stage offers something REALLY big, like Hanabow did, than it wont happen. Sin and Punishment is not a big enough series to justify a stage on it's own. Rhythm Heaven is really the only series that might happen to and that's because it's a decent size series (it's bigger than Xenoblade and Sin and Punishment). I would not claim a stage if defiant without a character. The only reason I can do it with Rhythm Heaven is I'm voting on the series, not the stage.
That's your problem, I'm not thinking in terms of series the same way you are. I've already said that both stages present opportunities that will appeal to Sakurai. Diversity.

I'll keep on claiming this. I'd cash in money right now and take it to Vegas that this will happen. Bookmark this post or whatever you people want to do, but I'm going to be banking on this unless Sakurai himself decides differently. Of course, Sakurai could just make Shulk and Saki playable, and then this whole discussion is moot.

On topic: Nintendo of Japan is holding a Fire Emblem: Awakening poll for the favorite male and female character from the game. I'll be interested to see how that winds up.
https://secure2.nintendo.co.jp/kakusei_bk/questionary/thanks.html

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You're arguing out of absence. Just because something has not happened does not mean it can not. Given how many things
I've already shared my thoughts on this, but I'm again going to say that yes, just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it definitely won't happen, but it doesn't mean that it is guaranteed to happen either.

Plus just because a stage could bring diversity, doesn't mean it will be included. Stages like a Rhythm Heaven or Pushmo stage would be very diverse from what we have already, but I don't think that they're guaranteed to happen. Also you already said you thought the S&P stage would be like an F-Zero stage in that it would be futuristic and would follow an on-rail path. Other than having a S&P setting, this doesn't exactly bring anything new and diverse to the table.

Also, bookmark'd! :awesome:

On topic: Nintendo of Japan is holding a Fire Emblem: Awakening poll for the favorite male and female character from the game. I'll be interested to see how that winds up.
https://secure2.nintendo.co.jp/kakusei_bk/questionary/thanks.html
Does the poll also include DLC characters?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
In the past (excluding Brawl) Sakurai has chosen to include content from other series over his own, whether it be due to him not wanting to be thought of as biased, modesty, or just because he though other content was more fitting than his. Plus in Brawl he got criticized for the abundance of Kirby content, Kirby character prominence, and a Kirby-feel to lots of the game.

If he had never done so previously, I would agree with you that it seems unlikely that Sakurai would care about seeming biased about the amount of his creations in the game, but I think there is a chance he might not want to represent Kirby and KI that excessively in SSB4.
Yeah, he did say that. Well, let me put it this way.

Sakurai let's the content and the scope of Nintendo drive him, not what he thinks. This is why King Dedede was planned for 64 and may have even been played for Melee (no was to know for sure though). The reason some of us expect KI stuff is because the series has expanded and there is good potential for Palutena. I would agree with you more if the focus was on "Any Kid Icarus character."

Basically, if there is a good character to us, Sakurai will do so. Brawl was also a good time for Meta-Knight and Dedede.

[COLLAPSE="Leaked PSASBR pics"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Thanks!

That's your problem, I'm not thinking in terms of series the same way you are. I've already said that both stages present opportunities that will appeal to Sakurai. Diversity.

I'll keep on claiming this. I'd cash in money right now and take it to Vegas that this will happen. Bookmark this post or whatever you people want to do, but I'm going to be banking on this unless Sakurai himself decides differently. Of course, Sakurai could just make Shulk and Saki playable, and then this whole discussion is moot.
The top part was hit well by N3ON.

The thing is, from what we've seen, Sakurai focuses mostly on series when he makes his stages. Hanabow is really the only exception up till this point.

Maybe I'll see your point more if you explain your idea on how stages are added. Could you indulgent me?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree with SmashChu in the sense that a Rhythm Heaven stage would make sense (without a playable character). However, I also feel that it is possible that we could get a Xenoblade Chronicles stage without Shulk or any other playable character, since the level design and areas in that game look beautiful.
To each their own, but I still say that Sony using more third parties makes sense. Maybe it's just that I'm not as familiar with Sony franchises, but it seems like Sony has relied on third parties more in the past than Nintendo has.
Yeah, I agree. Having 10-30% of the roster being 3rd party just "fits" Sony's PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (especially since Sony no longer owns Tomb Raider, Spyro, or Crash), whereas Nintendo's Smash Bros. having 0%-10% 3rd party characters "fits" them (I would increase this to up to 15% if Banjo and Conker were 3rd party-owned IPs).

Edit: The folks in charge of programming and releasing announcements for PlayStation All-Stars are doing a terrible job. The only real "leaks" we had in Brawl was the roster leak (3 months early, that took until the day of release to confirm), the Jigglypuff, Ness, and Lucario leak, and the fact Jigglypuff was confirmed in both Melee and Brawl multiple times.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I agree with SmashChu in the sense that a Rhythm Heaven stage would make sense (without a playable character). However, I also feel that it is possible that we could get a Xenoblade Chronicles stage without Shulk or any other playable character, since the level design and areas in that game look beautiful.

Yeah, I agree. Having 10-30% of the roster being 3rd party just "fits" Sony's PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (especially since Sony no longer owns Tomb Raider, Spyro, or Crash), whereas Nintendo's Smash Bros. having 0%-10% 3rd party characters "fits" them (I would increase this to up to 15% if Banjo and Conker were 3rd party-owned IPs).

Edit: The folks in charge of programming and releasing announcements for PlayStation All-Stars are doing a terrible job. The only real "leaks" we had in Brawl was the roster leak (3 months early, that took until the day of release to confirm), the Jigglypuff, Ness, and Lucario leak, and the fact Jigglypuff was confirmed in both Melee and Brawl multiple times.

Wasn't the Brawl leak actually really massive? but I think it was much closer to brawl's launch, as well. I think I remember people got full versions of the game or something.

StreetPassWanter

Smash Apprentice
I'm going try to gather every crumb of news and try to find a way to guess them all. Every time some news comes out, I'll update this post with changes to my list. First, let's start with the obvious:

Mario, Luigi, Link, Kirby, Ness, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Fox, Captain Falcon, Falco, Samus, and Yoshi are almost guaranteed to arrive, since they are the first characters in the series. Although, why did I exclude Jigglypuff? Most people would want to be rid of that thing (including me! :p) so it would make sense to remove it. Though there is still a fairly huge chance, I won't put it in the "99.9999999999999999% category"

I could post endlessly about veteran characters, and I'll include that in the list. But you don't want to see that, do you? So I'll talk about the NEW characters. (See here: http://ssb4news.blogspot.com/p/characters.html)

This is a VERY old interview, but Sakurai has said it isn't entirely out of the ball park that Capcom characters might come in. There's only one that I can see VERY clearly in Brawl: Mega Man. I mean, come on! The only reason why he wouldn't be in there is because of space or Capcom being a jerk (AGAIN). Any other characters will recieve a meh, except for Phoenix Attorney, but... you know. That would be weird. Eh, I'll still add it to the list.

Next up: retro characters. Sakurai did mention he wants them, though no details were given. Sadly, I'm no retro guy, so I can't help too terribly. If you have an ideas, sound off in this thread. For now, I'll just say Mach Rider, and maybe Pac-Man or Dig Dug since Namco joined in.

As for Tekken and Tales of characters, both of them have a slim but not closed chance of characters being in SSB4. Both producers (Not counting Higuchi, who isn't in the SSB4 team) said they won't push Sakurai into doing it, although they won't say "HELL NO!" either. In Tekken's case, it's all about the fans. From what I read, the consesus is generally no. So I'll leave it at that.

And finally, a crucial piece: Sakurai said that if they put in too many third-party characters, the focus shift away, so he's looking more at Ninty characters now. So don't expect 30 Tekken/Tales/Capcom characters.

And finally for my list:

Version 1.0:
Almost Guaranteed:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Olimar
Fox
Captain Falcon
Pikachu
Marth
Ness
Lucas
Falco

Likely:
Jigglypuff
Shiek
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Wolf
Mr. Game and Watch
Krom (New Fire Emblem)

Meh:
Mega Man
Toon Link (If he returns for Wii U)
Young Link (If he is in Majora's Mask 3D)
Genesect (In Pokemon Movie 16)
Pac-Man
Dig Dug
Mach Rider
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)

A Chance:
Tekken characters
Tales of characters
Street Fighter characters (Capcom characters)

/copy and pasted

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why aren't Pit, ROB, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Ike, Sonic, and Snake listed with rankings, along with Mewtwo, Roy, and various newcomer choices? The only newcomers you put were Krom, Genesect, Shulk, and Mach Rider as Nintendo characters, with Mega Man, Pac Man, Dig Dug, and Tekken/Tales/SF characters as 3rd parties.

Not to mention that many of the "likely but not guaranteed" characters are almost universally agreed upon.

In other words, I just want to know what criteria you're basing this on, and where other newcomers stand, as well as why you chose the ranks you did.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Exactly. Is that roster based on a bias or on researched logic. Looking at the Rate and Discuss chances obviously shows character are both liked and have a good chance of appearing in Smash 4 (I.e. King K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley, Mewtwo, Takamaru, Little Mac, etc).

I notice a severe lack of characters that are, for the most part, universally agreed upon)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Maybe I'll see your point more if you explain your idea on how stages are added. Could you indulgent me?
Alright, you've forced my hand into making a massive wall o' text post now. Not going to get it done tonight, but during the week I'll go into depth about Sakurai's stage design habits, Brawl's stages and what will likely happen with the next game(s). After that my classes will be starting up again, and I'll be splitting.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Venus
One thing about these "Rate their chances" threads is that people (including myself sometimes) give (too) high chances to too many characters. In the last major SmashBoards pre-Brawl, about 55 characters had over 50% chances out of 200. Now if we got that same number of characters this time, it wouldn't be that bad. And while I expect the numbers to be more realistic (due to most of "the big names" already being playable in Brawl), still expect the numbers to be fairly higher than they should be. ;)
Wasn't the Brawl leak actually really massive? but I think it was much closer to brawl's launch, as well. I think I remember people got full versions of the game or something.
Well it was first leaked in November (or October?) to the guy who runs serebii.net, who reported that Lucario was in Brawl, but Mewtwo and Pichu weren't. He wouldn't reveal his source, because he didn't want them fired (I imagine they worked at Nintendo).

However, this coincided with several fake roster leaks, one which was nearly right. Remember, in the last week of Brawl's release it was "the 39 character roster versus the 45 character roster." The only character missing from the latter that was in the 39 character roster was ROB, who we thought was "deconfirmed" as ROB was a Subspace Emissary common enemy. We couldn't confirm the roster until Brawl was released a day early in some city (I think Tokyo) in Japan. What confirmed the roster (around 12:00 midnight Pacific Time) was Ridley was a boss, not a playable character. In the 45 character roster, Ridley was playable. ROB was revealed not too much later.

One funny thing that happened with all of these Japanese Brawl reveals was funny it took nearly 5 days for people to realize the last stage was that crappy 75M bullcrap stage! :laugh: Most of us who were closely following the news knew the last stage was a Donkey Kong stage, and we were expecting something epic! :chuckle: Instead, we got Sakurai trolled! :rotfl:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

I could actually see no more than 50 characters being in smash 4. And there's a lack of Starfy on your list mister.:awesome:

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
One funny thing that happened with all of these Japanese Brawl reveals was funny it took nearly 5 days for people to realize the last stage was that crappy 75M bullcrap stage! :laugh: Most of us who were closely following the news knew the last stage was a Donkey Kong stage, and we were expecting something epic! :chuckle: Instead, we got Sakurai trolled! :rotfl:
Sakurai likes them big stages, New Pork, Temple, Mario Bros. Arcade, 75m. These stages never got picked whenever i played... never, along with Flatzone 2.

Not to mention Sakurai picked out the most casual and banned stages from SSBM for returning Melee stages.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The reason for having actual diversity in stages is because more people play the game for fun then profit, there for stages have hazards and character for chaotic goodness.

Hard concept to comprehend, I know.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Alright, you've forced my hand into making a massive wall o' text post now. Not going to get it done tonight, but during the week I'll go into depth about Sakurai's stage design habits, Brawl's stages and what will likely happen with the next game(s). After that my classes will be starting up again, and I'll be splitting.
Cool, love to read it.

>2012
>not guaranteeing Mega Man for SSB4

why?:bee:
No third party character is guaranteed. Sakurai limits them pretty hard and may even be moving away from it. He's at the very least implied they are not going to be going crazy with them the next game. Also, Megaman is no where near Sonic popularity. Sonic didn't get in until the end of production.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I hope that whoever is in charge of making the roster focuses on adding reps to series that are currently under represented or have no reps at all.

Fire Emblem and Metroid definitely deserve more characters than they currently have. Fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's oldest and longest running series, and taking into consideration that it currently has 13 games that each have massive casts, and yet it somehow only has 2 reps currently. Metroid is in a similar situation, having 11 games released and yet only getting one character. I'd also like to see more reps from F-Zero.

There are a few series that I consider over represented. Star Fox only has 5 games to it's name, and yet it somehow has managed to nab 3 character slots. Every single one of the series I mentioned earlier has been around longer and has more games than Star Fox, and yet somehow Star Fox has managed to get more characters than any of them.

Llumys

Smash Champion
So, does anyone think Sheik will be making a comeback? I sure don't.

Zelda's gonna tag out for Impa, no doubt about it. Either that or they're gonna be separate characters.

D

Deleted member

Betting my future copy of SSB4 that Sheik makes it back.

The support for "Impa should replace Sheik" is illogical and needs to perish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom