• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Given that Dixie Kong was planned for Brawl, I'd say that she will either be one of the higher priority newcomers or considered, but Sakurai feels she shouldn't be playable by myself.
well, Dixie Kong was planned as Diddy Kong's partner... I heard that Diddy's Banana Peel special was supposed to be the switch between both Kongs. this idea was scrapped after Sakurai's team had difficulties implementing it in the game.

for SSB4, Sakurai said he would make changes in the returning characters. Sakurai may want to revisit this idea...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Balloon Fighter? Kinda cool, though I prefer Muddy to be the retro alongside Takamaru :p

serazac25

Smash Rookie
Brawl Roster(PM roster, seperate the pokemans from the pokeman trainer), bring Mewtwo back, and roy, in other words, all characters from SSB64,SSBM and SSBB, except for pichu and maybe the Doc.

Now for new comers, it would be nice to have like rivals or whatever, I love me some rivals like in Battle Royale, that said...

Star Fox:
Krystal , Leon and Panther person: Krystal Rival with Panther, Leon with Falco, Fox with Wolf

Mario Bros.:
Waluigi (with a nice moveset, no tennis racket)Rivals with weegi, and bowser, like mario rivals with wario and bowser, unless they add king boo to rival luigi.
Bowser Jr. (Toon Link is too Link as Bowser Jr. is to Bowser, in other words a faster but weaker clone, sorta, kinda) rivals with peach I guess..

Metroid:
Ridley...nah, unless they normal size him, Instead of Ridley , why not a Bounty Hunter from the DS game.

F-Zero:
Not a fan of Samurai Goroh, I'll like to see a badass looking character, maybe the guy that drives the Shadow Bull.

Zelda:
Vaati would be nice, like a TP-fied version of him.

Fire Emblem:
a Female character that's not Lyn. Maybe a mage/wizard/priestes or wahtever character.

Kirby:
the drawing girl

DK:
I don't want to say KKR, not a fan of the series anyway.

Pokémon:
Keldeo, since they made o movie of him, and he speaks, like mewtwo and lucario.
A pokemon rival set would be too much I guess (bulbasaur, charmeleon, blastoise) and they should be there own character, like they did with the pokemans in Project M.

Nintendo should just make a "Pokemon Smash Bros." I would like to see that haha but just my opinion.

Kid Icarus:
apparantly there is a Dark Pit,if they add him, since it can just a color change like Link with dark link, hope it's like a Fox - Falco relationship thing as in moves, or just a completly different set.

3rd Party:
I think the're more chances of having Zero but from the Megaman Zero franchize, I wouldn't mind :)
not sure if this is third party, but the guy from Tales of Symphonia or whatever.

So much for the rival thing :p haha

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've softened on Dixie's inclusion a bit over the past few months...if she got in, I'm thinking she'd basically be the Wolf to Diddy's Fox.

Basically, at this point, her inclusion hinges on whether or not Sakurai feels the DK franchise deserves four characters. I don't think she'll outprioritize K. Rool as an individual, since he outranks her in popularity in both the U.S. and Japan, but she's never terribly far behind him, and she is arguably the most important female not yet playable (Palutena is still riding a hype wave, IMO, whereas Dixie is a prominent protagonist). Saleswise, DK can certainly get away with four characters, though, looking at its content in Smash, you'd never tell it's as prominent a franchise as it is. Whether it gets three or four reps at this point is a coin-toss (getting none doesn't seem plausible with so few important characters left).

However, though Sakurai may have planned the idea, and though he does revisit previous ideas, he almost certainly won't couple her with Diddy as one moveset. This would easily be the single most drastic moveset change he's ever made; this is not a matter of modifying a single Down Special, but rather one of turning all of Diddy's individual attacks into dual attacks, or giving him a transformation that costs him of at least one Special input. Coming from a guy who has kept Captain Ganondorf in two games, just to keep his former mains content, there's little chance Sakurai will add Dixie to Diddy at this point. And he really shouldn't...Dixie is a perfectly competent character that can represent herself alone just fine.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe more like her being the Lucas, to Diddy's Ness. As they both would be of similar heights, weights and have similar jumping and running abilities. Though Dixie would probably be floatier, a little lighter and a little slower.

She could easily work, but it's all up to Sakurai if he indeed wants it or not. King K.Rool would probably take priority, and knowing Sakurai's love of retro's, maybe even someone as Stanley the Bugman could be chosen above her. :rolleyes: Anyways, am still rooting for her and K.Rool making it in. Even though I somehow doubt both...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Lucas to Ness is probably a more accurate comparison. My nightmare scenario would be DK Jr. getting the third spot (separate from regular DK, who is technically DK Jr.), out of some perceived need of Sakurai's to represent the arcade games through a character. *shudders*

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Anybody gotta Dixie move set, I'm having problems think of what she can do,
@SSBF Could you add Cranky to the DK list

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'd be disappointed to no end if Dixie wasn't playable. She's one of my most awaited newcomers due DKC3 being a childhood game of mine and I was quite happy for Diddy to be in Brawl. I thus wishes Dixie would follow the suit.

And coupled with Toad maybe having the tendency to stay as a B-move for Peacg, I'd just have Palutena being the only newcomer I can hype for and actually hope that she's in. (-ú^ù-);;

But gosh, I'd be pretty downmooded and maybe disappointed on waiting the characters I was rooting for if none of them made it in aside from Palutena.

Kuppa: Oh Dear God NO

Besides to some there's a fanon that DK Jr is the current DK

D

Deleted member

You can always check the Dixie Kong support thread OP. There's a few floating around.

As for Cranky, I don't think he merits discussion. Very few support him and those who want DK newcomers almost always want K. Rool and Dixie in first. It's not going to happen.

Also adding Tingle to the list of characters to discuss. Forgot about him and I'm sure there will be those who want to know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope you don't mind me asking, but what list? I may have missed a page due to my failure of an internet...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am glad to see there is some Dixie Kong support here. She definitely deserves it. Definitely the most deserving female newcomer after Palutena.

Anyway, I am comparing the Wii's first year with the Wii U's:

Wii in its first year had:
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Strikers: Charged
Mario Party 8
Super Paper Mario
Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Metroid Prime 3
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Battalion Wars 2
Wii Sports
Wii Play

By comparison for the Wii U:
New Super Mario Bros. U
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
Nintendo Land

Of course there is probably a few other titles that will hit the Wii U in 2013 by Nintendo that are not announced yet, but I doubt it will match the volume that the Wii got in its first year. The Wii U's software horizon is looking very barren as well. Nintendo better announce for new titles because the only two titles they got on the horizon that people have actually seen are Game & Wario and Pikmin 3.

I am thinking a part of the reason why Nintendo did not make a massive jump in graphics back in 2006 was because they realized since their consoles mostly rely on first-party software for survival, it would take them much longer to make games for a HD console. It seems that this was a wise move upon retrospect seeing as how barren the Wii U's first party software horizon is for at least the first half of 2013.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

She can basically do this:

Considering Sakurai can make up an original moveset for the likes of Fox and Captain Falcon, it should be no problem giving Dixie something unique.

As for a moveset? Making up a quick one now just to show the potential.

B: Hair Grab. Basically think of DK's cargo grab. Dixie grabs the opponent with her hair, and is able to slam them into people. The heavier the character, the higher the damage. Though, she cannot jump and move as well carrying heavier characters like DK could.

Side B: Kong O'Nine Tails (based on the Cat O'Nine Tails enemy in DKC2). Dixie spins her hair around for a few seconds and releases an sliding hair spinning attack that can trap enemies in them and toss them around. A risky attack which does low damage (or better yet, none) but can send a foe flying far and high. Fixed knockback, but can be used as a finisher.

Up B: Hair Copter. See above animation. Combine DK's Spinning Kong with Peach's ability to float and you have a recovery rivalling Pit's. Easily.

Down B: Kinda hard to think of something but I'll just go for: Barrel Throw. A barrel or crate item appears and Dixie can use it as a projectile. Can only spawn a barrel or crate once a stock though, as it's a rather heavy attack.

General playstyle: A glass-canon character with slightly lesser offensive abilities than Diddy due to lower speed, lower strenght in general, less weight and less priority, but has a better recovery (than Diddy and than most characters in general) and quite a few tricks under her sleeve with the Barrel Throw and her Side B. She's a more grab orientated character than Diddy, and has slightly stronger throws than him as well. She has problems finishing of with her regular attacks, and doesn't have very strong Smash attacks, but her aerials are on par with Diddy's, though she doesn't have his F Air so even airbone she is a little weaker. Her aerial speed is also not as great as Diddy's, but due to her floatyness she's less likely to get combo'd than him. Her range on her moves involving her hair matches that of DK's arms though, even if her arms are still a little shorter than Diddy's. Her combo game is similar to Diddy's in style, but she may rely on grabs more for safety as even though her A attacks and aerials are fast, they don't really do too much damage on their own. She's a little bit of a trickster character, but with a few good strong points going for her as her grabs, specials and especially recovery.

Also with this Dixie debate, I feel like she could take over a few attacks from Diddy's Brawl moveset while Diddy gets to use his tail a bit more on some moves (say the U Air and B Air with a tail animation or a different F Tilt) so they can make her stand out more and appeal to the Diddy fans to use her as well.

Opinions?

Also yes, DK Jr. is also my biggest nightmare to appear as a 3rd DK rep.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Chrono
If you're counting all games Nintendo will be publishing for the Wii U, I'd add Ninja Gaiden 3, Lego City, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Wii Fit U as well. If you're only counting games who's IPs are owned or co-owned by Nintendo (and thus could have non-3rd-party content appear in Smash), then only the latter two would apply.

But, like you said, I'm sure we'll see Nintendo games announced later this year, and definitely at E3, especially if it has to compete with the approaching release of the other two consoles.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
She can basically do this:

Considering Sakurai can make up an original moveset for the likes of Fox and Captain Falcon, it should be no problem giving Dixie something unique.

As for a moveset? Making up a quick one now just to show the potential.

B: Hair Grab. Basically think of DK's cargo grab. Dixie grabs the opponent with her hair, and is able to slam them into people. The heavier the character, the higher the damage. Though, she cannot jump and move as well carrying heavier characters like DK could.

Side B: Kong O'Nine Tails (based on the Cat O'Nine Tails enemy in DKC2). Dixie spins her hair around for a few seconds and releases an sliding hair spinning attack that can trap enemies in them and toss them around. A risky attack which does low damage (or better yet, none) but can send a foe flying far and high. Fixed knockback, but can be used as a finisher.

Up B: Hair Copter. See above animation. Combine DK's Spinning Kong with Peach's ability to float and you have a recovery rivalling Pit's. Easily.

Down B: Kinda hard to think of something but I'll just go for: Barrel Throw. A barrel or crate item appears and Dixie can use it as a projectile. Can only spawn a barrel or crate once a stock though, as it's a rather heavy attack.

General playstyle: A glass-canon character with slightly lesser offensive abilities than Diddy due to lower speed, lower strenght in general, less weight and less priority, but has a better recovery (than Diddy and than most characters in general) and quite a few tricks under her sleeve with the Barrel Throw and her Side B. She's a more grab orientated character than Diddy, and has slightly stronger throws than him as well. She has problems finishing of with her regular attacks, and doesn't have very strong Smash attacks, but her aerials are on par with Diddy's, though she doesn't have his F Air so even airbone she is a little weaker. Her aerial speed is also not as great as Diddy's, but due to her floatyness she's less likely to get combo'd than him. Her range on her moves involving her hair matches that of DK's arms though, even if her arms are still a little shorter than Diddy's. Her combo game is similar to Diddy's in style, but she may rely on grabs more for safety as even though her A attacks and aerials are fast, they don't really do too much damage on their own. She's a little bit of a trickster character, but with a few good strong points going for her as her grabs, specials and especially recovery.

Also with this Dixie debate, I feel like she could take over a few attacks from Diddy's Brawl moveset while Diddy gets to use his tail a bit more on some moves (say the U Air and B Air with a tail animation or a different F Tilt) so they can make her stand out more and appeal to the Diddy fans to use her as well.

Opinions?
I like it, glad that there is no moves from cloney tiny kong

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd go so far as to argue Dixie is a more important female character than Palutena, though a less likely one to be added into Smash. Dixie's starring roles have been more prominent, and in a larger series, whereas Palutena is only even on the table because of a single, new game; Dixie's absence from the modern franchise is all that holds her back from Palutena's level of likelihood, which is undoubtedly higher.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@Chrono
If you're counting all games Nintendo will be publishing for the Wii U, I'd add Ninja Gaiden 3, Lego City, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Wii Fit U as well. If you're only counting games who's IPs are owned or co-owned by Nintendo (and thus could have non-3rd-party content appear in Smash), then only the latter two would apply.

But, like you said, I'm sure we'll see games Nintendo games announced later this year, and definitely at E3, especially if it has to compete with the approaching release of the other two consoles.
I forgot about Project Wonderful, Wii Fit U, and Bayonetta 2. Yeah, I was only counting IPs owned or co-owned by Nintendo. I would throw Bayonetta 2 in there since that will likely remain exclusive since Nintendo is funding it (whereas Ninja Gaiden 3 is just a third-party port, and I am sure Lego City will probably hit other consoles down the line).

I also know "Miyamoto's new IP" and "Retro's new game" are in the works for the Wii U as well, though I am not sure whether they will be released next year.

If PS4 and next X-Box have a shaky start, it would be a boon for the Wii U since smaller developers would continue to develop for the 360/PS3/Wii U instead of making a risk on the much smaller insallbase of the PS4/X-Box3. This generation killed off a lot of developers unfortunately due to the much higher development costs. I fear that even higher development costs are going to be the death to much more developers and stifle game innovation even further.

Also, Star's comment about Capcom talking about Mega Man makes me feel really good. Though I have the feeling that if Sakurai has any "unexpected" third-party newcomers he will opt to show him/her first before Mega Man.

I still think that for Nintendo characters, the most likely picks are Ridley, Palutena, and Takamaru.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I also know "Miyamoto's new IP" and "Retro's new game" are in the works for the Wii U as well, though I am not sure whether they will be released next
It would interesting to see what would happen if either of the main characters made it into the game

D

Deleted member

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what list? I may have missed a page due to my failure of an internet...
Okay then, so I plan on making a video series of potential newcomers. These are the ones I feel are worth mentioning, regardless of odds:

Others I will talk about include Yoshi reps in general, Fire Emblem females, other Namco reps, Final Fantasy characters in general, and Bayonetta. Maybe an Animal crossing characters.

Anything to add or remove? I want to keep it to characters that are worthy of discussion, but don't want to miss anyone.
Here it is.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
If PS4 and next X-Box have a shaky start, it would be a boon for the Wii U since smaller developers would continue to develop for the 360/PS3/Wii U instead of making a risk on the much smaller insallbase of the PS4/X-Box3. This generation killed off a lot of developers unfortunately due to the much higher development costs. I fear that even higher development costs are going to be the death to much more developers and stifle game innovation even further.
Given how expensive the PS4 and X720 could be (the Wii U is the most expensive Nintendo system in history, and Nintendo always has the cheapest system each generation), a distinct possibility.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One question though. Since Sakurai had said about Takamaru having to get a sequel before he'd consider him thoughtfully for Smash Bros, is it now likely he just will forget about that and throw him in because of the risen quest appearances Takamaru has gotten nowadays?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
One question though. Since Sakurai had said about Takamaru having to get a sequel before he'd consider him thoughtfully for Smash Bros, is it now likely he just will forget about that and throw him in because of the risen quest appearances Takamaru has gotten nowadays?
Nintendo Land ain't a sequel :troll:

D

Deleted member

I think the remake meet that well enough for for Sakurai to add Takamaru in.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If Takamaru is evaluated and deemed a worthy inclusion, a lack of a legitimate sequel won't hurt him. And based on his recent prominence, the chances he'll be deemed worthy are high.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'd go so far as to argue Dixie is a more important female character than Palutena, though a less likely one to be added into Smash. Dixie's starring roles have been more prominent, and in a larger series, whereas Palutena is only even on the table because of a single, new game; Dixie's absence from the modern franchise is all that holds her back from Palutena's level of likelihood, which is undoubtedly higher.
I agree. However, the only thing that puts Dixie Kong behind Palutena is like you said, it has been a very long time since Dixie Kong had an important role in a DK game. I still find it weird how both Dixie Kong and K. Rool have been absent since 2008.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kuppa: Times change the opinions? Hmm...

If it happens, we might just confirm that not all things last forever. Maybe helps for some other characters to get in incase they show they're pushed by Nintendo in means of quest appearances or maybe having a sequel... (-l.l-)

Chrono: But hey, at least it didn't stop characters like Falco from appearing, or Ness despite them not being in a game for some years. (Okay, dumb example but nonetheless.)

Sometimes I'm afraid that Sakurai might not note Dixie and K.Rool due their absence and we'd be stuck with DK and Diddy only. *Shudder*

D

Deleted member

I haven't seen anything that indicates that Sakurai takes into account recent appearances. Considering that King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are still the most important DK characters next to DK and Diddy and remain relatively fresh on people's mind, I think their overall importance to the series will take precedence over their lack of appearance.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sometimes I'm afraid that Sakurai might not note Dixie and K.Rool due their absence and we'd be stuck with DK and Diddy only. *Shudder*
If that does happen in and Waddle Dee gets in, I can already see someone making a photoshop of Waddle Dee with trollface with the caption: "Wanted K. Rool in? Too bad. Waddle Dee time." :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That fear has crossed my mind as well, though, with any luck, K. Rool and Dixie's absences won't be held against them, since DK has yet to find its place in the hands of a developer that can consistently churn out games (its days with Paon seem to be over)...not to mention they are immensely popular characters with importance within both Nintendo and their own franchise.

@YoungHorsetail I'm not going to pit K. Rool against Dixie any longer, considering the addition of either would give my favorite series of all time more of the coverage it was denied for years. That, and I think K. Rool is enough of a given that throwing some support behind Dixie is perfectly fine as well. If she gets in as an individual, she can hopefully bring some DKC3 content with her...DKC3 content, which is almost never acknowledged at all, even in games as encompassing as Brawl.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Kuppa: Times change the opinions? Hmm...

If it happens, we might just confirm that not all things last forever. Maybe helps for some other characters to get in incase they show they're pus. (-l.l-)

Chrono: But hey, at least it didn't stop characters like Falco from appearing, or Ness despite them not being in a game for some years. (Okay, dumb example but nonetheless.)

If that's the case then the only character he could add is cranky, who in that situation he would add (only character to be in all the games I think, original donkey kong) to acknowledge that DK series is worthy of three characters, I see no situation where it's just donkey and diddy, and with history, current relevance doesn't seem to matter

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I forgot about Project Wonderful, Wii Fit U, and Bayonetta 2. Yeah, I was only counting IPs owned or co-owned by Nintendo. I would throw Bayonetta 2 in there since that will likely remain exclusive since Nintendo is funding it (whereas Ninja Gaiden 3 is just a third-party port, and I am sure Lego City will probably hit other consoles down the line).

I also know "Miyamoto's new IP" and "Retro's new game" are in the works for the Wii U as well, though I am not sure whether they will be released next year.

Also, Star's comment about Capcom talking about Mega Man makes me feel really good. Though I have the feeling that if Sakurai has any "unexpected" third-party newcomers he will opt to show him/her first before Mega Man.

I still think that for Nintendo characters, the most likely picks are Ridley, Palutena, and Takamaru.
Agreed. I could definitely see Sakurai waiting to reveal Megaman (especially if one of the other "most wanted" characters like Ridley is among those revealed in the trailer) or perhaps saving him as some kind of buffer if development runs into trouble or a delay occurs and then announcing both at the same time like with Sonic.

As for your list of most likely candidates, other than the lack of K. Rool, I'd have the exact same list.

It would interesting to see what would happen if either of the main characters made it into the game
That is, of course, assuming that Retro is working on a new IP or (very unlikely) an existing IP who's protagonist is still not playable in Smash. I'd predict that whatever the protagonist/central character of Miyamoto's IP ends up being, it will be included in some form in SSB4, but not as a playable character. AT seems pretty likely. If the game receives a sequel(s) before SSB5 (which I'd say is fairly likely, assuming SSB5 is a LONG ways off), then I'd say at that point the protagonist would probably be a front-runner for playability.

Also, I'm guessing Chrono forgot this one, but Monolith also has a Wii U game in development that I believe (though I could be mixing things up) Reggie said will be shown at E3. Though what that entails for Smash is totally up in the air right now, depending on if it is an existing IP or not.

Here it is.
Good character pool, really inclusive, yet not ridiculously so. I'd definitely watch that video series. Personally I might switch Fierce Deity Link with Masked Link (with Fierce Deity as like a FS or something), but as neither are particularly likely anyway, and it's your list, it's totally up to you.

I could be wrong, but I believe that getting a sequel wasn't Takamaru's definitive and mandatory prerequisite for inclusion, just one that would guarantee a spot for him.

Yeah, "Sakurai mentions that if there was ever another Nazo no Murasame-jou game, its protagonist, Takamaru, would probably get into Smash". So, it's not "he needs another game to be eligible, just "if he gets another game I'd probably include him".

D

Deleted member

I'd throw Mewtwo into there as well for most likely picks. If Mewtwo is the most wanted character, it's in and even if it's not, definitely the second most wanted and given all the things it's got going for it's inclusion, I still think Mewtwo is highly likely to return.

I'd say that Mewtwo, K. Rool, and Palutena are the most likely newcomers. After that it's Takamaru and Little Mac and aftewards, Ridley is also very likely.

@N3ON: I'm going to be using Mask Link. Fierce Diety Link is only in there because I couldn't find a picture for Mask Link when using the Roster Maker.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I assumed Chrono wasn't including veterans. And I forgot Little Mac (:embarrass:).

So yeah, my list, including veterans, would be:
K. Rool
Mewtwo
Palutena
------
Little Mac
Ridley
Takamaru

@SSBF
Ah, ok. ;)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that if Waddle Dee gets in Smash and Toad didn't... what do you think might happen? I mean, Waddle Dee is part of King Dedede's moveset and yet more people are betting on Waddle Dee getting in Smash whereas Toad is part of Peach's moveset and yet more people are doubtful of Toad getting in Smash because of that. And there's the whole generic argument. So, Waddle Dee, a common enemy from the Kirby games, gets in Smash but Toad, a common NPC from the Mario games, didn't?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Little Mac, K. Rool, Palutena and Ridley are the newcomers I'd consider most likely. Mewtwo is definitely among, if not far above those four as well, but I think his inclusion will force some tough decisions to be made within the Pokemon franchise, since there's no reason for the Pokemon Company to -not- request a Gen. 5/6 Pokemon to Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

I think that if Waddle Dee gets in Smash and Toad didn't... what do you think might happen? I mean, Waddle Dee is part of King Dedede's moveset and yet more people are betting on Waddle Dee getting in Smash whereas Toad is part of Peach's moveset and yet more people are doubtful of Toad getting in Smash because of that. And there's the whole generic argument. So, Waddle Dee, a common enemy from the Kirby games, gets in Smash but Toad, a common NPC from the Mario games, didn't?
I thought it was the other way around. More people expect Toad to be in than Waddle Dee, but both have degrees of doubt surrounding their inclusions.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I'm just not a huge fan of either Toad or Waddle Dee becoming playable. I just feel as though there are better options to add.

As for Pokemon, I feel like Mewtwo will be added back, there will be a 5th generation character (I'm still unsure as to who), & Lucario will remain. Also, there was an event that just came out regarding Deoxys, so he's not dead yet. I'll call him the dark dark horse non-5th generation candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom