• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Punch-Out is kind of an exception considering the NES Punch-Out is legitimately one of the most popular games for the NES. I always saw Punch-Out in the Top 20 most downloaded Virtual Console games each week. Punch-Out Wii also sold very well.
Good. This pleases Smashchu.

I didn't know it was in the top 20 for VC titles. Good to see it hold on. I would be legitimately surprised if Mac doesn't make it. Every fighting game needs a boxer.

Your Japanese information has been really helpful actually. I'm still trying to pin down the roster, and I have a sense of who will be in it. Naturally, there are a lot of characters that overlap, and this was the same in Brawl. This time, Shulk, Palutena, K. Rool, Megaman, and the vets are the big ones. We also kind of feel the same way about Zoroark and Krom.

The ones that seem more popular here are Little Mac, Ridley, and Waluigi. I have seen generally more support for him. I thought he was popular in Japan from Chrono's last Japanese analysis, but that seems to have changed. I figure if a Mario character will happen, it will be him.

Everything beyond this is going to be a toss up. Takamaru will be in, but the rest will be a mishmash of characters no one expected. Karate Joe and Sheriff are two I think will get in. There is also a possibility of one of Nintendo's Downloadable titles to get a character, though it is a long shot.

Just some thoughts.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The ones that seem more popular here are Little Mac, Ridley, and Waluigi. I have seen generally more support for him. I thought he was popular in Japan from Chrono's last Japanese analysis, but that seems to have changed. I figure if a Mario character will happen, it will be him.
I would throw in Isaac and Krystal, and the entire rabble of plausible Mario newcomer as other mostly popular Western characters.

If I had to make a tier list for the West, it would look like this:

S:
Ridley
K. Rool
Mewtwo
Mega Man

A:
Little Mac
Isaac

B:
Shulk
Palutena

C:
Roy
Krystal
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Takamaru

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I would throw in Isaac and Krystal, and the entire rabble of plausible Mario newcomer as other mostly popular Western characters.

If I had to make a tier list for the West, it would look like this:

[COLLAPSE="US results"]S:
Ridley
K. Rool
Mewtwo
Mega Man

A:
Little Mac
Isaac

B:
Shulk
Palutena

C:
Roy
Krystal
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.
Toad[/COLLAPSE]
Sounds about right. Mario characters tend to be more popular here. From our poll on Smashboards

Mewtwo-220
Megaman-201
K. Rool-196
Ridley-173
Issac -142
Little Mac-122
Roy - 119
Waluigi-116
Paper Mario-112

Palutena and Shulk seem more like mixed bags in the west. Their fanbases are more fragmented. I seem more Waluigi. I've seen a bit here and on 4chan (don't about FAQs). He also did really well in that one poll that was trying to get to Sakurai (before it got bombarded by Zelda fans). Paper Mario is more a thing here. I don't see it much else where.

I agree that we have more talking point than Japan. Japan got a lot of their picks in Brawl and we generally like Smash more. I heard more characters in general.

Be fun to research more.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Palutena and Shulk are probably fragmented in the west because of the whole different moral thing between the east and west going on. I presume Palutena is more overlooked due to her pacifistic attitude, you know being the Goddess of Light and all that. Not sure why Shulk would be more overlooked though.

As a general rule, the tough characters tend to be more fond of in the west, while the more docile or cute ones tend to be fond of in the east. This is probably why Ridley is more popular in the west and Palutena is more popular in the east.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I agree that we have more talking point than Japan. Japan got a lot of their picks in Brawl and we generally like Smash more. I heard more characters in general.

Be fun to research more.
I do think Japan is pretty much tapped out for characters they want in Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

Paper Mario does have a pretty good fanbase on GameFAQs. It's second only to Waluigi on that site.

I feel as Shulk is being overlook by some because of Xenoblade not being a series yet. He is popular in the West thanks to Operation Rainfall, but the hype for his inclusion in Smash is still below that of Isaac and Little Mac. Where his popularity does shine is in Japan.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
I doubt most people who want Takamaru in have played Nazo no Murasame, does that make him any less valid to include?
Not if he's considered a retro character because those tend to be exceptions, but Roy is neither retro nor new and exciting.

So, we should have had someone from earthbound over lucas
I don't think we should've had any representation beyond Ness as it is, there was only one game in the series released in America and none in Europe. Ness didn't even really deserve the spot he got in SSB64 when you see the giants he's accompanied with in that game. All the other characters in that game represented big franchises, they're all a league higher in popularity than Ness.
The difference between Fire Emblem and Earthbound is that the former is an ongoing franchise that has been increasing in popularity and the other has ended, so there's no point in trying to hype for it.

D

Deleted member

Paper Mario does have a pretty good fanbase on GameFAQs. It's second only to Waluigi on that site.

I feel as Shulk is being overlook by some because of Xenoblade not being a series yet. He is popular in the West thanks to Operation Rainfall, but the hype for his inclusion in Smash is still below that of Isaac and Little Mac. Where his popularity does shine is in Japan.

Waluigi will probably not get in. Popularity is all Waluigi has and even then, Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr. are still popular candidate, all of whom have more going for them than Waluigi. Mario is not guarantee a newcomer, but if it does get one, it will be based on importance which Waluigi doesn't have.

D

Deleted member

LOL There's that or maybe it's because we are Americans and we tend to want more, more, more! :awesome:
Probably because Japan is far more conservative than America and the gaming scene is bigger outside of Japan nowadays. Probably a small fraction of Smash gamers are in Japan.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
LOL There's that or maybe it's because we are Americans and we tend to want more, more, more! :awesome:
Its not just that. The Japanese game industry is shrinking. The DS/Wii was temporarily able to re-vitalize it for a few years, but now it seems things are back to where they were in 2005.

For comparison, on the 3DS, Nintendogs and Brain Training, the two games that basically launched the Touch Generations revolution for the DS in Japan, their 3DS installments sold far less than their DS iterations.

On the PS3, the only game to have sold over a million copies on that console in Japan alone was Final Fantasy XIII, and that was a console with an install base closing in on nine million. By comparison, the GameCube only had one game that sold over one million copies in Japan (Melee) and that was on an install base with only four million.

The PSP was extremely successful in Japan, and is on track to have sold as much as the PS2 did there, yet the Vita is a dismal flop there.

I am waiting to see how the Wii U will do in Japan, but my belief is that it won't do as well as the Wii did.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you think that maybe it's because the consoles/handhelds are becoming more and more like computers and mobile devices and they (the consumers) favor the actual computers and mobile devices over the consoles/handhelds? I mean, lately, I haven't been playing games on my Wii. I watch TV on Netflix on my Wii almost daily and if I want to play a game, it's usually Virtual Console games instead of actual Wii games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't like a lot of the trends introduced this generation. I think the DS was perhaps the last pure gaming console that was released. Even the Wii went with the trend of game consoles being multi-media devices (the 360 and PS3 were further along with this than even the Wii though), and the Wii U is going further down this path. The Wii U will definitely be the last console I ever get. I am pretty much done gaming at this point, and I am only looking forward to Smash 4. That is why I really hope Smash 4 adds the few Nintendo characters left that I care about (and Mega Man).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The PSP was extremely successful in Japan, and is on track to have sold as much as the PS2 did there, yet the Vita is a dismal flop there.
Off topic but I won't lie, there's a quite a few PSP games I want to import, all RPGS. lol

Definitely sad the Japanese game market is going down, all the games I buy are either from Nintendo, Sony, or the Big 5 Third Party Companies.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Off topic but I won't lie, there's a quite a few PSP games I want to import, all RPGS. lol

Definitely sad the Japanese game market is going down, all the games I buy are either from Nintendo, Sony, or the Big 5 Third Party Companies.
Just because the Japanese game market is going down doesn't mean the Japanese gaming companies are doing bad, as long as they're able to sell well in the rest of the world, they can easily keep going.

D

Deleted member

It's funny. Only sixteen years of gaming (1999-2015) and I will already be done following new games.

I don't know what it is about video games, but I can't seem to get into them anymore. I haven't completed a retail game since 2009 (Gran Turismo 5 nonwithstanding). Every game I've played since 2010 I played for a few hours and drop because I can't seem to build up motivation to complete the games. When I've finally realized that perhaps post-Smash 4 is time to drop video games, I found myself having difficulties replacing the hobby with something else because there's something special about video games that you just can't let go.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't like a lot of the trends introduced this generation. I think the DS was perhaps the last pure gaming console that was released. Even the Wii went with the trend of game consoles being multi-media devices (the 360 and PS3 were further along with this than even the Wii though), and the Wii U is going further down this path. The Wii U will definitely be the last console I ever get. I am pretty much done gaming at this point, and I am only looking forward to Smash 4. That is why I really hope Smash 4 adds the few Nintendo characters left that I care about (and Mega Man).
Same here. If I am satisfied with the majority of SSB4's roster/stages when they are leaked (and we all know SSB4 will be leaked one way or another), I will reconsider picking up a Wii U. Otherwise, I think I will stick with Wii for retro-gaming (I've got 100+ Virtual Console/WiiWare games) and Netflix.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Palutena and Shulk are probably fragmented in the west because of the whole different moral thing between the east and west going on. I presume Palutena is more overlooked due to her pacifistic attitude, you know being the Goddess of Light and all that. Not sure why Shulk would be more overlooked though.

As a general rule, the tough characters tend to be more fond of in the west, while the more docile or cute ones tend to be fond of in the east. This is probably why Ridley is more popular in the west and Palutena is more popular in the east.
RPGs are more popular in Japan, so they'll jump on any RPG character. They are liked less here, so the opposite happens. Palutena, I'm not sure about. I agree with Chrono that they are just quite. I may be just that fanbases that don't have much going for them tend to be loud. Geno and Krystal are examples of that.

I agree with that later.

I do think Japan is pretty much tapped out for characters they want in Smash Bros.
I meant the US. It does raise a good point. Smash, going forward, will rely more on western input. The Japanese will probably be all but done with this next game, though there is still a lot of discussion in the west. Of course, the future of the series will depend on new series. Hopefully with the restructuring recently, Nintendo will create something new. Or maybe Retro.

Waluigi will probably not get in. Popularity is all Waluigi has and even then, Toad, Paper Mario, and Bowser Jr. are still popular candidate, all of whom have more going for them than Waluigi. Mario is not guarantee a newcomer, but if it does get one, it will be based on importance which Waluigi doesn't have.
I disagree. I think he's got a better shot then most would think. He's got a pretty tame fanbase, at least here and other places (FAQs not sure about). He did well on the VGTribute poll as well as here. 4chan also likes him a lot. Also, he was an assist trophy.

I wont say he's a definite (there are other characters gunning for the same spot), but I think he's got a good shot.

I do agree. There is less of a focus on good games. Even Nintendo's recent offering are bad. it's good for me as I'll just wait till the price drops to get Smash.

Hopefully there is some change in the future. I'd like a brighter gaming world the next time we gather to talk about Smash.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I will already be done following new games.
Do what I do then, become a retro gamer. :bee:

That said E3 next year will most likely determine my outlook on the future of gaming. I doubt I'll ever quit gaming however, it's just too much a part of my daily life and is becoming an unavoidable mass form of media. Heck my uncle is in his mid 60s and is still a big gamer in his own right (don't even get me started on his VG collection).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Same here. If I am satisfied with the majority of SSB4's roster/stages when they are leaked (and we all know SSB4 will be leaked one way or another), I will reconsider picking up a Wii U. Otherwise, I think I will stick with Wii for retro-gaming (I've got 100+ Virtual Console/WiiWare games) and Netflix.
Yeah, the Virtual Console was a major plus for me, and most of the games I have been buying since 2007 have been games from previous generations.

Here is what I got from the Virtual Console and WiiWare over the course of its life:

NES:
River City Ransom
Ninja Gaiden II

SNES:
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II Turbo
Kirby's Dream Course
Super Punch-Out

Nintendo 64:
Star Fox 64 (lost the N64 cartridge)
Wave Race 64
Ogre Battle 64
Sin & Punishment

Sega Genesis:
Gunstar Heroes
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Toejam & Earl
Toejam & Earl 2
Shining Force
Beyond Oasis
Landstalker
Pulseman

PC-Engine:
Star Parodier
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

WiiWare:
Dr. Mario Online Rx
Excitebike World Rally
Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth
Mega Man 9

I last game I got for the Virtual Console/WiiWare was either Ogre Battle 64 or Castlevania: Rondo of Blood which was in the first half of 2010.

I have already bought all the games from previous generations I was interested in by now though, so its just going through my backlog until Smash 4 is released.

D

Deleted member

SmashChu said:
I disagree. I think he's got a better shot then most would think. He's got a pretty tame fanbase, at least here and other places (FAQs not sure about). He did well on the VGTribute poll as well as here. 4chan also likes him a lot. Also, he was an assist trophy.

I wont say he's a definite (there are other characters gunning for the same spot), but I think he's got a good shot.
Again, what does Waluigi have aside from popularity? It's going to take more than that to get a character in.

All Geno had was popularity and he didn't get in.

Also, Waluigi has a horrible fanbase on GameFAQs. Fans will shove down Waluigi's popularity down anyone's throat and will I saw a few fans claim that he completing the four plumber quadrilogy makes him more likely (WTF?). They are a thing of nightmare and I avoided posting as much as possible during the Waluigi wars that occurred there. Not that this affects Waluigi's chances, but it does show how irrational the fanbase gets.
--- said:
Do what I do then, become a retro gamer. :bee:

That said E3 next year will most likely determine my outlook on the future of gaming. I doubt I'll ever quit gaming however, it's just too much a part of my daily life and is becoming an unavoidable mass form of media. Heck my uncle is in his mid 60s and is still a big gamer in his own right (don't even get me started on his VG collection).
I definitely plan on going retro in the future for gaming and would have already if it weren't for Smash 4, but right now, college takes priority and I don't think I'll have money for more than a Wii U and the few games I'll get for the system (Bayonetta 2 and Smash 4 are the only ones I'm sure to get).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You just won even more of my respect.

I definitely plan on going retro in the future for gaming and would have already if it weren't for Smash 4, but right now, college takes priority and I don't think I'll have money for more than a Wii U and the few games I'll get for the system (Bayonetta 2 and Smash 4 are the only ones I'm sure to get).
Makes sense. At least retro games are cheap for the most part, the other week I got boxed copies of Sonic 1/2 for $2 each, and Genesis' only cost $15-20.

Why can't more WAAAAA fans be more sane like me?
...yes

D

Deleted member

--- said:
Makes sense. At least retro games are cheap for the most part, the other week I got boxed copies of Sonic 1/2 for $2 each, and Genesis' only cost $15-20.
Yeah I've noticed that as well. It's nice to know that the majority of retro games can be found at a relatively cheap price.
My idea for older games is anything 6th gen and older, so I have a lot to explore. Probably starting with getting back my N64 and my GBA.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The funny thing about the Virtual Console/WiiWare I downloaded is that my Wii ended up dying, so now I lost all those games. Physical formats for life. However, show me anywhere else you can get Rondo of Blood and Ogre Battle 64 for $10 or less.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Using the power of MATH and available game sales figures, I have been able to figure out some statistics about how the number of characters in Brawl from each franchise correlate to the number of sales their series has. While it was not an exact science, especially due to trying to figure out what the sales of those series up to 2008 were as well as the fact that lack of information forced me to exclude the Fire Emblem and Mother characters, here are some of my findings. I also didn't include the 3Ps, just because many of their games weren't on nintendo systems.

First off, let me note that for "character" I counted it as "spot on the select menu", so Zelda/Sheik I counted as one, PT I counted as one, etc. While I'm aware that Sakurai has sometimes said he considers them different characters, I kind of forgot that. I'll do it again like that later.

I also put Wario, DK and Yoshi in their own franchises. Again, I may do one where I combine them into one omni-mario later.

Anyway, in general I found this rule of thumb: a franchise has, on average, 0.036872 characters for every million units of game sold. The franchise with the highest representation per the number of units sold is Gyromite/ROB, which has about .7575 characters for every million sold. Of the "real" franchises, it's Kid Icarus, which as of Brawl (i.e. before the most recent game) had a .5681 character-per-million rate.

The franchise with the lowest rate? Mario, mainly because it and it's many spin-offs and remakes have sold so well that they throw off the numbers. For every million units of Mario games, only .01078 Mario characters got in the game (although keep in mind that my definition of "Mario" was Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser, when it could easily have included Yoshi, Wario, DK and Diddy).

Here's the basic "characters per million" statistics as of Brawl:
Ice Climber- 0.5434782609
Pikmin- 0.3533568905
F-Zero 0.1724137931
Kid Icarus- 0.5681818182
R.OB./Gyromite- 0.7575757576
Zelda- 0.0657138163
Metroid- 0.0613120785
Pokemon- 0.0235169616
Star Fox- 0.2862595420
Kirby- 0.1176009408
Donkey Kong- 0.0392541708
Wario- 0.0479616307
Yoshi-0.0507099391
Mario-0.0107802183
"Average" Franchise- 0.0368721852

In theory, using this formula, you could find how many characters a franchise could get. Problem is, Mario and some of the other great-selling franchises throw it all off to the extent where any franchise that doesn't at least have 27+ million units sold would be unworthy of getting a character.

Still, provides an interesting look at what franchises are under or over-represented, at least back in 2008.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
That said, here's what each franchise would have now if they had their previous ratios applied to their current sales. Note that if I don't include it below, it means it's sales haven't increased enough where it would change:

Kid Icarus- 2 (1.5 rounded up)
Zelda- 5 (4.6 rounded up)
Pokemon- 5 (5.08 rounded down)
Kirby- 4 (3.8 rounded up)
Mario (as in, the specific Mario universe, not the offshoots or spinoffs)- 5 (5.3 rounded down)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, the Virtual Console was a major plus for me, and most of the games I have been buying since 2007 have been games from previous generations.

Here is what I got from the Virtual Console and WiiWare over the course of its life:

I last game I got for the Virtual Console/WiiWare was either Ogre Battle 64 or Castlevania: Rondo of Blood which was in the first half of 2010.

I have already bought all the games from previous generations I was interested in by now though, so its just going through my backlog until Smash 4 is released.
Some good games you have there... I have some of the same games. Here's my library at this current time:

NES [34]
Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa
Blaster Master
Castlevania
Castlevania II
Castlevania III
Double Dragon
Double Dragon II
Faxanadu
Final Fantasy
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Gaiden III
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
Punch-Out!!
River City Ransom
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
The Legend of Zelda
Ufouria: The Saga
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

SNES [34]
Breath of Fire II
Chrono Trigger
Contra III
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure
F-Zero
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Prince of Persia
Secret of Mana
Super Adventure Island II
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

N64 [11]
F-Zero X
Kirby 64
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Sin & Punishment
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Yoshi's Story

TurboGrafx-16 [9]
Bonk 3
Bonk's Adventure
Bonk's Revenge
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Devil's Crush
Dragon's Curse
Neutopia
Neutopia II
New Adventure Island

Sega Genesis [23]
Beyond Oasis
Comix Zone
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Gunstar Heroes
Monster World IV
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III
Phantasy Star IV
Pulseman
Ristar
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Wonder Boy in Monster World

WiiWare [12]
And Yet It Moves
Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth
Cave Story
Fluidity
La-Mulana
LostWinds
LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
Toki Tori
World of Goo

Yeah, I guess I went overboard with the downloading there... :awesome:

I am also undecided on Bomberman '93 or '94 and Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES version) or Super Street Fighter II (SNES version)... maybe I could get both but I dunno... I am also still undecided between the Arcade version or the Master System version of Wonder Boy in Monster Land.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I just noticed something mildly interesting on Capcom Unity. In a certain thread on the Ask Capcom forum, a user was asking Sven a bunch of questions regarding Megaman's future, and one of the questions were about whether Megaman would crossover in an update to UMvC3 or Super Smash Bros. Well, Sven addresses the UMvC3 question, but doesn't touch Super Smash Bros. Chances are, it's probably obvious that he could not talk about another company's plans, still, I find it humorous he just glossed over that part of the question.

Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, just found it as one of those things that make me go "huh", especially if Megaman news is supposedly going to be throughout the entirety of next year.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This WAAAA fad better stop soon or I'll be going Impa at your ***** again. :smirk:

Also, the Kongs are NOT Mario characters. :glare:

D

Deleted member

That's right, I may be a sane Waluigi fan, but we got the Impa fan that's comparable to all the insane Waluigi fans right here. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Speaking of Impa, I'm surprised that Diddy Kong still haven't made an Impa support thread.

:phone:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've been reading all your posts about the future of the gaming industry and I have to say that I agree with some of your points.

First, I must say I was impressed when you told that gaming in Japan is shrinking. I didn't expect that.

I think the main problem is the fact that consoles feel less like consoles and more like computers: in fact, even other entertainment devices suffer from this, like TV sets, smartphones and the like. There's this feeling of redundancy that takes out a certain "magic" from the consoles.

I remember that when the PS3 was released and everyone praised it for its many features, I questioned myself "what exactly is supposed to be a console?" or "why would the developers put many features that can easily be found on a PC?". it seemed redundant, and I still think that way.

on the subject of the roster, I think that most of the important characters from each franchise are already in, so the devs have to focus on other franchises, which are mostly retro, with some newer ones like Golden Sun, Sin and Punishment or Xenoblade, which only the last seems to have popularity.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh I tried to make a thread, up to 3 times. But the server logged me out everytime I wanted to posted the thread so I just gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom