• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'll join as well. I'll bring the marshmallows and graham crackers, someone else will need to bring the sticks and chocolate bars. :troll:
omg you're bringing food? Well, looks like I'm not leaving these sidelines now. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is this a private hiding or can anyone join?

Please let me in.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Let's hug, Habanero, we're scaring the kids.
Should start rambling about the days of old when Palutena vs Medusa fought daily, Ridley before he went on a diet, Roy was the only FE character who mattered, Zoroark still had a movie, and when Victini and Impa where things.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I pretty much ignored most of the Palutena vs. Medusas argument, at best it was a brief glance when lurking around here or someplace else like GameFAQs. But if i was involved, you'd see me tearing a new asshole over why Palutena deserves it more then Medusa, even at the very beginning roughly around 2010 with the first trailer for Kid Icarus: Uprising being shown.

I'm one of those rare Kid Icarus fanatics, you see.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I pretty much ignored most of the Palutena vs. Medusas argument, at best it was a brief glance when lurking around here or someplace else like GameFAQs. But if i was involved, you'd see me tearing a new ******* over why Palutena deserves it more then Medusa, even at the very beginning roughly around 2010 with the first trailer for Kid Icarus: Uprising being shown.

I'm one of those rare Kid Icarus fanatics, you see.
Had it been a different time, you and I would have gotten along rather well... ireallycouldhaveusedabuddyinthefightagainstOasis

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No, stop, please. Just come here. Both of you hug me right now, god damn it. Anything to get you to shut up and not make me look weak.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Toad comes to participate in smashbros every game but he quickly gets jammed into peach's purse to be used as a last minute meat shield. Sorry for your luck.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Had it been a different time, you and I would have gotten along rather well...
We could of been, but at the time I was merely a lurker at best. Didn't really have a desire to speculate until last year, just throw out the word. Needless to say, I'm staying until we've reached the end of this tunnel, but then going to move onto the more competitive side of Super Smash Bros. again. Hopefully this time there will be a step up in general.

No, stop, please. Just come here. Both of you hug me right now, god damn it. Anything to get you to shut up and not make me look weak.
I can only hug you so many times you know!

D

Deleted member

Toad is still meh.

He gets in, that's fine; he deserves it. But you'd be damned to find a deserving character more boring than him.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not until you apologize for sending that (actually pretty awesome) Swapnote pic.

We could of been, but at the time I was merely a lurker at best. Didn't really have a desire to speculate until last year, just throw out the word. Needless to say, I'm staying until we've reached the end of this tunnel, but then going to move onto the more competitive side of Super Smash Bros. again. Hopefully this time there will be a step up in general.
Yet again, same here.

And yeah, lets talk Toad now before we get in trouble for hugging too much.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Toad is still meh.

He gets in, that's fine; he deserves it. But you'd be damned to find a deserving character more boring than him.
Chrom?

I always liked when people argued that Toad couldn't get in because he's Peach's Special, and that he was a generic species. Because since he's a generic species, it doesn't matter if he's Peach's Special since it would still make sense for him to be out on the stage because there's more than one of him. Some people like to suggest who could replace Peach's Toad, but it really shouldn't matter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Heres something interesting i found for Mario.

I don't think this would quite work out. Mario needs to be the token shoto for the game, the beginner friendly character. If anything, he just needs to be made a hell of a lot better and scarier. Making his fireballs more threatening and the ability to shoot 3 at once would be a start.

WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T MEAN ANYTHING. Even in the most boring way he could REASONABLY be implemented, he'd still be unlike anyone we have in Smash. I don't necessarily mean he would be SUCH AN AMAZING CHARACTER, just literally he actually adds something new to the roster. I mean, MAYBE I'm overestimating him, since I've never played his games and really don't care to, but even looking at Golden Sun Wiki and pulling directly from what Venus Adepts can do, those abilities seem like great additions to the roster? And with such a broad ability, it's not hard to imagine some tacked on gimmick or whatever that makes him stand out even more if that's what you want.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO DEFEND ISAAC FROM YOU... You big meanie.
Isaac is a victim of what I'd call "Virtua Fighter Syndrome". Virtua Fighter is considered to be THE deepest fighting game out there with well thought out movesets, incredible balance, and excellent gameplay while working with just three buttons. What's the big deal then? Well, the characters are pretty much generic as hell. Everyone knows who Ryu, Chun-Li, Jin Kazama, and Ling Xiaoyu (though barely anyone can say her name) in comparison to their "counterparts" Akira Yuki and Pai Chan who practically seem like their personalities were ripped from Ryu and Chun-Li. In short, while interesting and everything once you get to know them, Isaac and co. come off as very generic characters.

I'll join as well. I'll bring the marshmallows and graham crackers, someone else will need to bring the sticks and chocolate bars. :troll:
Bring the bear meat. I'm always hungry and you'll want that before I steal the rest of the stuff.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Toad is still meh.

You never know what could happen man trust.
Even the most unique char can be dull and vice versa depends on how Sakurai makes em.
Shouldnt rule out anyone tbh...not...YeT!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Bring the bear meat. I'm always hungry and you'll want that before I steal the rest of the stuff.
I don't think bear meat is actually very good for you. Not sure about brown bears and such, but I know that eating polar bear will make your skin peel off.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Honestly outside of Aether as a side special, I can't really imagine a moveset for Chrom that's not Marth's.

Isn't that cannibalism coming from you?

D

Deleted member

............Waluigi. :troll:

Sorry
Waluigi is neither deserving nor boring.

As for everyone responding with Chrom, sure, he's rather bland within his series, but at least he isn't what is essentially a "hand-me-down" character like Toad (by which I mean the only merits he seems to have is to serve as an outlet for techniques that Mario, Luigi, or Peach don't use in Smash that Toad can also do).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So what you are saying is we needed more ph1r3? I agree. All of Roy's attacks should have fire involved, and Roy should even breathe fire like Bowser/Charizard. :troll:
Well, he may or may not be part dragon....though if that were the case, technically he should breathe ice...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Isn't that cannibalism coming from you?
Godd question. What bear am I anyway?

Waluigi is neither deserving nor boring.

As for everyone responding with Chrom, sure, he's rather bland within his series, but at least he isn't what is essentially a "hand-me-down" character like Toad (by which I mean the only merits he seems to have is to serve as an outlet for techniques that Mario, Luigi, or Peach don't use in Smash that Toad can also do).
Depends on your direction with him. Remember that rushdown grappler moveset berserker and I wrote? Something like BlazBlue's with some changes would be an excellent base.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, he may or may not be part dragon....though if that were the case, technically he should breathe ice...
Yo, Sword of Seals fire attacks with Roy breathing ice...damn, he just gained a level in badass. C'mon Roy, you just need to tap into your inner dragon heritage!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The only hand-me-down characters that I can think of are Toad and Dixie Kong.
I always have a little debate with myself when I make the top row of my roster (since it's Mario and related series), between Toad and Dixie. Toad usually wins since he's not another monkey. Either way either choice isn't very exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom