• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Little Mac after Kid Icarus stuff makes sense actually, since Punch-Out!! was released the following year. There's a very loose chronological pattern used in Smash.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
One thing I will probably say about this rosters is that they play it too safe in my opinion. It's probably the hivemind mentality working it's magic, which is not a problem in itself, but after a while it gets kind of tedious.
yh your right...Teddiursa/Goomba/Quadraxis for Sm4sh.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Which reminds me, Golden mentioned in the Smash 4 Chart Speculation thread that apparently Sakurai liked Muddy Mole and joked about him being in Brawl. I want to see the source for this out of curiosity.
I'm trying to find it in IGN's archive which is where I first read it ages ago. He said that he might already be in the game which a lot took as him being an all but confirmed playable character at one point.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
One thing I will probably say about this rosters is that they play it too safe in my opinion. It's probably the hivemind mentality working it's magic, which is not a problem in itself, but after a while it gets kind of tedious.
f***

You're right, I can't believe I've fallen into this trap

And so, I give you: My brand new, totally fresh, completely 100% totally serious, definitely going to happen, hive-mind free prediction roster:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
7/10, needs Raphael the Raven and Adeleine, plus more Tamagon.

MORE TAMAGON I SAY!
How's this:

Tamagon is right there next to the random button... Unless you meant more than one Tamagon...
The joke is that I accidentally put 2 Tamagons on my joke roster

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I was actually thinking of doing this too but with a random Yoshi among them but oh well, It's probably going to be overkill now.^^;

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... What do you guys think of getting Shulk, Isaac AND Saki?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really have no idea what Shulk can do, and would prefer Isaac alone, though I wouldn't exactly mind Saki either.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why do we lump Shulk, Isaac and Saki together anyway? Is it because their blonde Is it because of the whole sword user thing and people dont want to have too many? :/

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So... What do you guys think of getting Shulk, Isaac AND Saki?
Saki's the only one that interests me, but there's no rule saying we can't have all three. So yeah, I'm cool with it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Because people are probably the dumbest creatures alive.

Still the one that interests me is Shulk and Xenoblade. That would easily be the one that leaves the biggest impression.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why do we lump Shulk, Isaac and Saki together anyway? Is it because their blonde Is it because of the whole sword user thing and people dont want to have too many? :/
Well, Shulk/Isaac get lumped together because they're both protagonists of semi-obscure Nintendo RPGs, and use a mix of swords and magic. Saki I have no idea about though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They are all blond sword wielders that would represent a brand new series. Many people think they are in competition for each other for a spot.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, it's because they're all blonde pretty boys. That must be the reason.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure about Shulk. I don't know enough about him and don't think he would be all that different from your average sword character.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose so, but it isn't like the deal with the Pokemon characters or the Fire Emblem characters where apparently people think the popular Melee vetarans and newcomers can't coexist. These are all different series. So I would say the deal is different with those, no? :/

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not sure about Shulk. I don't know enough about him and don't think he would be all that different from your average sword character.
Play Xenoblade. He has TONS of unique abilities.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Can you name a few please?
If I were to guess, I'd say, off-hand...

Art Move Set Edit
Talent Art: Activate Monado - Monado Arts become available. Generates Shulk's Aura while Monado Art is activated.
Enchant - Allows allies to damage Mechon for a time and boosts attack power.
Buster - Damages enemies in a straight line. Mechon suffer double damage.
Shield - Blocks Talent Arts of equal level or lower. Best used when Shulk has a vision.
Speed - Improves evasion of a single ally.
Purge - Damages single target at a distance. Removes Auras and Spike effects and inflicts Aura Seal.
Eater - Damages enemies in front, removes all buffs and inficts Bleed.
Armour - Reduces all Physical and Ether damage to the party.
Cyclone - Damages all enemies around Shulk. Enemies suffering Break will be Toppled
Slit Edge - Damages single target. Attacking the target's side will reduce Physical Defence.
Back Slash - Damages single target. Attacking the target's back will cause double damage (also generates aggro).
Light Heal - Restores HP to a single ally.
Shaker Edge - Damages single target, Dazes if target is Toppled
Air Slash - Damage and inflict Break on a single target. A side hit may inflict Slow.
Shadow Eye - Reduces aggro and increases damage of next physical arts
Battle Soul - Sacrifices half of Shulk's HP to refill a portion of his talent gauge
Stream Edge - Damages multiple enemies in front of Shulk, inflicts Break and fills talent gauge
For information on leveling battle arts, see Levelling Battle Arts.
Before Shulk obtains the Monado he has access to a different Talent art

Turn Strike - inflicts break and deals a lot of damage (five times normal swing damage)

To be fair, though, a lot of these abilities wouldn't be able to translate into Smash.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
He can see the future. (gameplay wise he can see devastating attracts before they're unleashed.)
the only way i can see that implemented is as a counter move, which two sword users and one lucario(although it works a bit different) already use. The only real issue with that is I can see them giving Shulk the same counter animations as Ike and Marth.

If I were to guess, I'd say, off-hand...

Art Move Set Edit
Talent Art: Activate Monado - Monado Arts become available. Generates Shulk's Aura while Monado Art is activated.
Enchant - Allows allies to damage Mechon for a time and boosts attack power.
Buster - Damages enemies in a straight line. Mechon suffer double damage.
Shield - Blocks Talent Arts of equal level or lower. Best used when Shulk has a vision.
Speed - Improves evasion of a single ally.
Purge - Damages single target at a distance. Removes Auras and Spike effects and inflicts Aura Seal.
Eater - Damages enemies in front, removes all buffs and inficts Bleed.
Armour - Reduces all Physical and Ether damage to the party.
Cyclone - Damages all enemies around Shulk. Enemies suffering Break will be Toppled
Slit Edge - Damages single target. Attacking the target's side will reduce Physical Defence.
Back Slash - Damages single target. Attacking the target's back will cause double damage (also generates aggro).
Light Heal - Restores HP to a single ally.
Shaker Edge - Damages single target, Dazes if target is Toppled
Air Slash - Damage and inflict Break on a single target. A side hit may inflict Slow.
Shadow Eye - Reduces aggro and increases damage of next physical arts
Battle Soul - Sacrifices half of Shulk's HP to refill a portion of his talent gauge
Stream Edge - Damages multiple enemies in front of Shulk, inflicts Break and fills talent gauge
For information on leveling battle arts, see Levelling Battle Arts.
Before Shulk obtains the Monado he has access to a different Talent art

Turn Strike - inflicts break and deals a lot of damage (five times normal swing damage)

To be fair, though, a lot of these abilities wouldn't be able to translate into Smash.
A lot of these seem like your usual run of the mill RPG moves but with different names for status effects(which aren't implemented in Smash like they are in an RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom